April 24, 2024, 11:27:46 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones signs with Chicago Fire  (Read 7098 times)

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joevin Jones signs with Chicago Fire
« on: December 03, 2014, 09:47:34 AM »
Joevin Jones signs with Chicago Fire.
W Connection FC Release.

Point Lisas Industrial Estate, Couva. December 3 2014 – Major League Soccer’s Chicago Fire has signed DIRECTV W Connection FC’s talisman Joevin Jones to a permanent deal ahead of their 2015 season start.

This follows his recent loan stint at top Finnish Premier Division team HJK Helinski where he made six appearances in their successful 2014 League Championship campaign. The versatile 23 year old left footer joins “The Fire’s” pre-season preparations in January. 

Though the terms and conditions of his transfer were not disclosed as per MLS and Chicago Fire’s team policy, this represents a brilliant career move for Jones, who has been part of the Savonetta Boys Senior line up since 2009 and has been instrumental in much of the club’s on field success since.

Jones commented about his upcoming move that he was excited about joining the Chicago Fire and that he is looking forward to playing in the MLS.

While he remained tight lipped on the deal, Club President and CEO David John-Williams was extremely pleased with the proceedings and expressed optimism on the possibility of another Connection player joining the MLS ahead of the 2015 season.

John-Williams further reiterated that “Our club remains committed to continuously seeking opportunities for its players in top world leagues so that they can gain exposure and better their careers…”.

Prior to his time in Finland, Jones spent time with W Connection FC of the TT Pro League. After two seasons in the club’s youth programs, Jones made his senior debut in 2009, making two appearances helping the club to a runner-up finish for the 2009 FA Trophy.

In 2011, Jones scored two goals in ten appearances, leading W Connection to the club’s fourth Pro League title. The following year, Jones and the Savonetta Boys finished second in the 2012 CFU Club Championship, qualifying for the 2012-13 CONCACAF Champions League, where he made three appearances.

Jones led W Connection to their fifth Pro League title in 2013 and finished second in the league with 14 goals.

For further information, please contact the Marketing and Media Department at W Connection FC Club Offices.

Retweeted Chicago Fire (@ChicagoFire):
NEWS: Chicago Fire sign Trinidad & Tobago international defender Joevin Jones: http://t.co/oZr7IrVS8v #cf97 #MLS http://t.co/RI4kWWkJF0

Retweeted Chicago Fire (@ChicagoFire):

New signing Joevin Jones will be added to the Fire's 2015 roster upon receipt of his P-1 Visa and International Transfer Certificate. #cf97

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:10:53 AM by Flex »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones signs with Chicago Fire
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 09:53:29 AM »
Good opportunity. Grab it with both hands young fella.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 09:59:51 AM »
:applause: Make it count.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 10:30:55 AM »
Well done Jones. You've read enough about what we expect of you. Look serious, look hungry, dress properly, be on time and friggin' deliver. Time for you to show your star potential. Grab de mike at de press conference after bussin' de net and ramajay wit' de crowd like a fan favourite. All de bes'.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 10:40:46 AM »
How long allyuh feel he go last?

I say about 4 months.

He want to go back home and fete all day with he Carenage crew.

He go zone out and day dream about home soon as de snaow start to fall and Chicago real cool, he better wear tights under he cloths.

Ah watching he bredda Alvin too.

Good ballers, ah hope they take they talent serious.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 10:55:31 AM »
It's a good move for Jones. I'm sure he has the quality to make an impression. Since Molino has made a name for himself, a lot more U.S. clubs looking at T&T players.

Good luck, Jonesy!!

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 12:02:37 PM »
Big move for him! I hope he makes the most of it.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 03:40:57 PM »
Well done Joevin!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 03:57:15 PM »
Good luck.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 05:32:13 PM »
Nice I hope he makes it.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 05:52:05 PM »

I say about 4 months.

He go zone out and day dream about home soon as de snaow start to fall and Chicago real cool, he better wear tights under he cloths.

Wow  :o

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 09:03:21 PM »

I say about 4 months.

:rotfl: :rotfl: I'll keep my eye out for him and will pass on your advice if I see him

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 09:50:58 AM »
Congrats Jones  :beermug:

Excel at your new club and bring your improved game to the national team. Wish you more success in your club career

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 11:48:37 AM »
First things first:  Get acclimatized to the Chicago winter, cause it could be real dread when that wind blowing.  Otherwise, it has a nice big city feel to it like NYC.  Good to see more men leaving for the MLS, cause it definitely is a step up from the Pro League, in terms of professionalism, playing standards, facilities, etc.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 03:04:45 AM »
Charles-Fevrier, Hart back Jones’ MLS move.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Soca Warriors utility player Joevin Jones’ move to US Major Major League Soccer’s Chicago Fire has been given the full backing of his former club coach, St Lucian Stuart Charles-Fevrier and Soca Warriors boss Stephen Hart.

In recent years both coaches have played key roles, at club and international level, to help mould Jones to this current stage in his football life and speaking to wconnectionfc.com both gentlemen gave their perspectives on his imminent transfer.

With the Soca Warriors continuing to build towards the 2018 World Cup qualifiers, Hart is particularly pleased that the 23-year-old Jones, the son of former Strike Squad defender Kelvin Jones will soon be playing in a morecompetitive environment.

“Joevin moving to Chicago Fire is a very positive move. I spoke to the coach Frank Yallop (Chicago Fire) about Joevin and told him he is a exciting prospect, who has the ability to play several positions, “ Hart said.

“Joevin needs to be in an environment that challenges him daily for selection. This compounded by a competitive league season, a hectic travel schedule and games which require full concentration, will prove beneficial to Joevin’s overall development, mentally, physically and tactically.”

When mid-fielder Hughton Hector left W Connection in 2011 and later Shahdon Winchester, Charles-Fevrier and the “Savonetta Boys” faced a dilemma: how to score goals.

His decision to move Jones from his natural left wing-back position into mid-field, proved to be the antidote as W Connection won the Digicel Pro League twice in the last three seasons. Such is his versatility, Charles-Fevrier can only see the son of former strike squad defender Kelvin Jones getting better.

“I’m always pleased when one of our players goes abroad, since it will obviously improve their lives” said Charles-Fevrier.”I’ve generally impressed upon Joevin and all the club’s players to aim high and be ambitions. Most players have 10-15 year careers, some 20 if they are exceptional and take care of themselves.

“We (W Connection) won two championships with Joevin, after Hector and Winchester left and I made the decision to test the offensive qualities he showed at left wing-back, in mid-field.

“He had a huge effect as everyone knows and I personally believe that once he works on a few additional areas of his game - he has the ability to play for a real big club one day.”

Relaxing with his brother Alvin Jones and comrades in Carenage who are all excited about his latest football journey, Joevin noted that he is excited about joining the MLS that is getting bigger every year, and wants to make the Jones’ family proud.

W connection unveils new 2014/15 season kit

W Connection has unveiled their new 2014/15 Season Kit for which replicas are on sale at its Pt Lisas club offices.

The jerseys which were custom designed and manufactured for the team by kit sponsors Canadian based Eletto Sport, was first worn by the team when they started their Toyota Classic campaign, which ended in a 4-3 penalty-kicks loss to WASA FC after a 1-1 draw.

The design features trademarks from other sponsors such as title sponsors DirecTV Caribbean, The Sports Company of T&T, Gatorade, Blue Waters and Earth.

Club President David John-Williams and Eletto Sport President Tony Incollingo articulated their satisfaction with the jerseys and encouraged fans of the club and the general T&T football loving public to get their hands on the limited replica shirts.

“Firstly I would like to thank Eletto. It’s a fantastic kit, that was designed and custom made for us, and it’s one of a kind” said John-Williams.

“The players are very happy with it and we’ve been getting many calls and interest via social media requesting to purchase and inquiring about the quality.”

Eletto Sport is Soccer specialty brand that manufactures a wide range of sporting products such as shoes, balls, protective gear, goal-keeper equipment, referee equipment and apparel.

The Company has been in existence since 2000 with their products in the markets of the USA, Canada and T&T, designing for fellow Pro League club Caledonia AIA and Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) club Rochester Lancers.

“We are proud of the design of the 2014/15 Eletto Kit for W Connection which is perfectly reflecting both the dynamism and professionalism of W Connection on the international stage” said Incollingo.

“Eletto Sport is 100 per cent behind the team and wishes W Connection all the best for the 2014/15 season in all competitions.”

The green replica shirts are currently on sale for $300 at the club office, with the white replicas scheduled to arrive next week. Should patrons purchase five or more, they will be eligible for a special discount.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 06:30:53 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 06:36:48 AM »
Jones ready to feature in changed up Chicago.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National senior defender Joevin Jones will have his work cut out but he is prepared to force his way into the Chicago Fire starting team for the upcoming American MLS season.

Jones is among several new players signed by the club which also has new broadcast deal and fresh sod at Toyota Park.

Fire head coach Frank Yallop said he is looking forward to see how Jones and the new signings fit in.

“We want to be an attacking, an exciting team to watch,” Yallop said, “So our fans are excited when they come to the stadium, teams are looking at us going, ‘OK, we’ve got to really look at what we’re doing against them.’ That was the most important thing for me in the off-season, to make sure we’re a balanced team. I think we’ve done that with the signings.”

Yallop doesn’t seem concerned about the defense. There are many new faces there also, like Adailton, Jones and Eric Gehrig.

“You can only get a certain amount of players,” Yallop said. “You can’t have 15 defenders. But I feel that we’ve picked up some quality players in that front, and I still think that in this league you’ve got to outscore the opponent. I really do.

Jones simply wants to work hard and earn his play time.

“It’s hard work but I’m prepared to do that and settle in and do my best for the team.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 10:54:54 AM »
I expect to see a new Joevin slowly evolving.
Dat col' ass -30 wind-chill in he tail in Chicago and the no nonsense "we will eat yuh friggin' lunch" attitude from competitors in the US
will have him wearing his pants up, punctual, attentive, hungry, more ambitious, image aware and more inclined to make more of an effort when given the chance at the mike. He will understand how marketing yourself raises your value, raises team ratings, improves your own job security. If Anthony Streete, Brian Williams and others at the then W connection could not teach him, now he will certainly learn ... and fast too.
There is just no time to be farting around. If other players cyah get de message, then just send then away I say ..... Anywhere, yes anywhere even if iz real ketchass living for 1 year as the social lessons are the most desperately needed ones for (sometimes) emotionally stunted & immature T&T youths

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 04:32:23 PM »
I expect to see a new Joevin slowly evolving.
Dat col' ass -30 wind-chill in he tail in Chicago and the no nonsense "we will eat yuh friggin' lunch" attitude from competitors in the US
will have him wearing his pants up, punctual, attentive, hungry, more ambitious, image aware and more inclined to make more of an effort when given the chance at the mike. He will understand how marketing yourself raises your value, raises team ratings, improves your own job security. If Anthony Streete, Brian Williams and others at the then W connection could not teach him, now he will certainly learn ... and fast too.
There is just no time to be farting around. If other players cyah get de message, then just send then away I say ..... Anywhere, yes anywhere even if iz real ketchass living for 1 year as the social lessons are the most desperately needed ones for (sometimes) emotionally stunted & immature T&T youths

I eh attributin this to Joevin Jones.....

BUT

SOME players rather be a big fish in a puddle.....than be a guppy in an ocean.

On the flip side.....SOME players want to be sharks (no....not allyuh footballsupporter :D ) no matter where they are.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 10:46:00 PM »
I am glad fuh dis youth...he has unlimited talent...Best wishes

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 06:23:10 PM »
Jones had a good pre season game today at LB against a Finnish side in Portland. Only one of about 5 players who played de whole game. Final score was 0-0

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 07:30:11 AM »
Jones had a good pre season game today at LB against a Finnish side in Portland. Only one of about 5 players who played de whole game. Final score was 0-0

For me, Joevin Jones was the most impressive player on the field for the Fire. Maybe it's beginner's luck, or maybe he's so calm he's almost on the nod, but he was both sprightly and responsible. Two moments stuck out for me: 1.) Threading a lovely pass forward to Maloney, eschewing the obvious hopeful ball for Accam to run onto around the 15th minute; and 2.) His almost blasé touch past an onrushing attacker at Busch's uncovered back post in the 79th.

http://www.hottimeinoldtown.com/2015/2/22/8088089/inconclusive-fire-0-stabaek-0-simple-invitational-1-friendly-recap
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 06:19:47 AM »
We all love Joevin Jones! He showed flashes of speed and offensive creativity that had made everyone wanting to see a lot more. I was not sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised with what Jones offered. He played in some great balls to Accam and has the kind of speed you see out of wing backs. He vacated his defensive responsibilities from time to time, but was also tight on opposing runners at other times. The competition for left back might be over.

http://www.hottimeinoldtown.com/2015/2/23/8094715/ranking-the-fire-i-love-l-you-all-for-now

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 08:12:04 AM »
Now daiz wha' we fleckin' talkin' 'bout.
Keep focused Joevin. Yuh makin' BraveHart happy.
Want 90 mins of deadly fitness as we uppin' de tempo of de scawarrios game for de Gold cup.
Now to make little steps and start talking more in press conferences. Market yuhself.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 08:16:30 AM »
Chicago had a great opportunity to go ahead during stoppage time thanks to a well-placed cross from offseason signing Joevin Jones. The Trinidadian found trialist Albert Edward open in front of the goal, but he just missed full connection on a leaping-volley, sending the shot wide.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KgrTdozyHQY?start=157" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KgrTdozyHQY?start=157</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 08:35:48 AM »
You will also see some neat play by Shahdon Winchester in these highlights.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 08:36:19 AM »
Joevin appears to have settle a bit. In the previously trials in Europe he did not appear as confident as now.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 09:35:47 AM »
From a fan on bigsoccer forum: "Positives - Offense came to life in the second half. Trying not to get too excited, but Jones was tremendous at left back. Locked down on D, menace coming forward, gorgeous ball in that SHOULD have been finished to win it. Maloney is a creative force we have missed since Blanco."

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 02:07:09 PM »
Rundell, and yes shaking the refs hands was a classy play.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 02:20:50 PM »
Rundell, and yes shaking the refs hands was a classy play.

Shahdon was playing with the fire, while Rundell was with the Timbers

1]; } ?>