March 28, 2024, 02:32:54 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Observation - T&T Women Warriors vs Ecuador  (Read 4645 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D Touches Match Observation - T&T Women Warriors vs Ecuador
« on: December 03, 2014, 03:15:40 PM »
It is with a heavy heart that I write this...and I am trying to use this as a form of therapy, but I cyar lie...I am depressed, this loss hurt meh real real bad.

It was Nov 19th all over again and big people cried yesterday in the stadium. Most like me were in shock, numb and just silent, while others too young to know what’s going on or just disconnected from what transpired wined away with Olatunji and the music whilst heading towards the exit.

Let us be honest...we choked...not once, twice, but three times in an effort to qualify for this WC and yet  these ladies showed, character, determination and fight. They gave their all and despite the fight down, poor prep, mistakes and struggles along the way, the end was in sight. The fairy tale looked like it would have a golden moment but alas it was not to be.

The really sad thing about all of this was that the Women’s team brought out new fans, they re-energised many old fans or those who were fed up with the TTFF and the men’s team. They were fresh and they brought a spirit, yes a light hearted warming spirit that we all wanted and were proud to have called our own. 

But let’s recount the hours leading up to the “Feel Sick”.

Personally, I woke up yesterday with a real good feeling, I said my prayers and I was certain we woulda pull off the victory. Getting caught up in a work meeting, meant I could not escape till 4:30, but I managed to shower and gears up in the office facilities and I left closer to 5:00 pm. Gridlock in town, not a taxi to be had and taking a drop with a co-worker, I managed to reach woodbrook around 5:10. With traffic crawling I opted to walk the rest...oh what a nice feeling it was!

Sun is setting, hundreds of fellow nationals moving with purpose, all heading in the same direction, red everywhere with an unspoken bond. For those who ever played Mas it is the same feeling you get when you are walking to meet your band on a Carnival tues morning.

O’connor street, De vertile Street...I walking, pressure mounting as the scalpers ply a brisk business at $200 and $400 a piece to be part of history. No place to park, people moving frantic and now we see the masses and police at the entrance to the stadium. A sea of red,but people are well mannered and orderly..we are actually lining up to enter the eight makeshift scaffold channels leading to the stadium courtyard.

The wait was long and upon approaching the channels the reason for the wait annoyed me. Four of the channels were occupied by “Security”...not asking to see tickets, just turning the eight lanes into four and forming a ”channa bottle” line and all the confusion, stop and start and merging that had to take place.

After passing through the scaffold channel, we were then “searched” by a number of men and ladies pretending to be security officers. Either they were tired or overwhelmed but passing the wand on your pockets, hearing the beep, and then saying go tru without looking makes no sense...either do your job properly or don’t bother to have it in place...all this simply did was add to the time and frustration to get into the stadium.

In the grassed area just after the security checkpoint there were a few tents with the 12th man jerseys and match programmes being sold, but the usual activites, giveaways and sponsors were absent.
Finally, I joined the line to get inside the uncovered section...again another exhibition of third world planning/exhibition at it’s best.  You know tickets are sold out, you know its 20,000 coming and yet only six turnstiles are open...plus you had to wait a few minutes for the ticket scanner to work and verify that your ticket was legit. Come nah man!

After using the bathroom which had no lights (Security hazard), I checked out the vendors to see what I could munch on. The days of pies, souse and corn soup gone; it’s fried chicken, bake & shark, pelau and hotdog and the new vendors with Pricemart  Items - cake, doughnut, Pringles and chocolate..tink it easy with dem.

After getting two warm beers, I took my seat and took in the atmosphere. I was happy, I was excited and I wished that all those who loved T&T football could experience this. The stadium was full, the kinda full that was reserved for England and WCQ against Bahrain and Mexico, since 2005 the Crawford ent see nuttin like this.

I’m sorry that I didn’t see the warm ups of the teams, I missed Benjai’s performance and even the starting line up, but I was most present for the chorus of boos that were directed at our Prime Minister when her name was announced. I felt shame...not only for her but for those doing the booing. Intl stage, the world watching and you collect a “Full Stadium Blast Boo”. After that Mr. Tim Key was the second one to collect a “Boo” dose and his own was just as hard. The fans around, then christened him “Stinkey” and let’s just say people in the stadium not pleased with either of them.

The Anthems started and we sang our anthem with gusto. It was a pore raising experience...loud and proud.  It was a crowd that believed and it was a crowd that despite not knowing how to be a fan, wanted the girls to do well.Ecuador had a handful of supporters in the covered section and seven to eight fans in good spirits with a flag in uncovered. They were jeered and taunted, but they walked along the bottom of the stands near the fence and took up residence near the corner flag close to the covered section. I looked at them..thinking to myself, licks for alyuh...not today...dem girls serious today, T&T winning.

The Siparia riddim section started to beat a riddim with gusto and another riddim section started up under the clock and it was pace for the opening 20 minutes with TT on the attack.

TT started out with a 4-4-2 but then moved to a 3-5-2 with the following line up-  Kimika Forbes; Patrice Superville, Brianna Ryce, Rhea Belgrave, Arin King, Maylee Attin Johnson (capt), Tasha St Louis, Ahkeela Mollon, Karyn Forbes, Janine Francois and Kennya Cordner.

Yaya and Mollon were the main threats on the wings and the poor Ecuadorian left back was getting “rip” time and time again...”food”... but with all the fancy flicks, belt and beat, Ecuador stood firm.
Ecuador sat back and played for the counter and let T&T tire out themselves, in fact Ecuador forced Forbes into a dangerous save or two and the number 14 Forward for Ecuador was pacy and kept our back line alert.

Arin King was a standout and had a very good game. Calm and composed bringin the ball out the back, reading the game good and winning everything she kept #14 at bay, which is when #14 then switched and harrassed the other stopper.

Maylee Attin Johnson was a beast, fit and composed, tackling well and provided hustle, support, cover...in short everything a midfielder supposed to do. The engine on her is phenomenal and she ran the entire game.

Ecuador played a 3-4-3 system, letting the three forward players and the midfield push up as far as possible...with a big gap between them and the defence. They also bypassed both their and our midfield hitting it long for #14 to run onto. The large transitional space was intentional...as this allowed the Ecuador midfield to recover and for the defence to organize themselves. The Ecuador defence was on point, wave after wave was repelled, composure galore from the back three and no panic in moving out the ball to safety. Their keeper was short but agile and did not get any work to do in the first half.

For all our movement, knock and pretty flick the final third let us down..shooting wide, taking long to trap or we over dribbled. The cross ball tactic also didn’t connect either and we only got one sure look on goal...a header which was flashed wide. Apart from that Ecuador had 2-3 chances which forced a save from our keeper and we had the possession of the ball. I am really disappointed that we did not make better use of our corners and free kicks, given that this was our strong point in the last run of games.
Ecuador played nuttin...we were physically bigger, stronger and fitter. But they were disciplined and were content to let the clock run down...in fact it seemed they were playing for penalties.

Our first sub was a strange one as the young lady went to ground after making a cross and it looked innocuous. However, I kept an eye on the Coach (Waldrum) with every break in play. With any injury a TT member warmed up with an assistant. He was always patrolling the lines and was giving instructions. Then you could see an adjustment being made. When St Louis eventually came off she received what looked like a soft tackle, normal run of the mill collision, but she folded up like a Patraj Roti and was immediately replaced. The replacement Maria Shade was just as effective, pace and aggression running at them and penetrating.

The ref and all was on our side...we made many silly fouls in the area, some off the ball stuff happened and plenty blade share and...no foul. People in the crowd believed we “spend a good money” and while we received a yellow or two, Ecuador had many a moment to be upset about in terms of the officiating.

At half time with T&T in full control I wasn’t worried, I told myself the goal will come and I wouldn’t panic till the 70th. The half time show consisted of Maximus Dan and some moko jumbies circling the track and he created more excitement with his new tunes and he brought back the ole classic “Fighter” whipping the crowd into a frenzy.

The Warrior Nation Flag came out and was on display, the Siparia riddim section was in full swing and brass was added to the repertoire, from Chutney to Calypso Siparia riddim was pumping!

Tweet...and we started the second half breathless. Cyap, belt, spanner, breed,  flick up, attempted bicycle we tried it all on the Ecuador players and nuttin pass the lil Ecuador keeper. We had at least 2-3, one on one attempts when our forward managed to break the offside trap but uncertainty prevailed...the end result would be neither a cross or a shot, we would over push and beat or we didn’t square the ball to the open player, going for glory when playing simple would have sufficed.  We started to panic and after the opening 15 minutes of the second half tiredness started to come in.

Shots, crosses, ball hit post, you name it we tried it and throughout it all Ecuador would try a long shot or get a breakaway to remind us to be careful and not make any mistakes.

From the 60-80th minute, we laid siege to the Ecuador goal with shots, corners, breakways and in the end..the legs started to drop but moreso, panic and frustration started to creep in. We didn’t play anything in the final 10 mins and we were holding on as Ecuador started to play some long hoof to relive the pressure on themselves and keep the ball in our half.

At around the 80th minute...I got genuinely worried as I have seen this scenario played out countless times...when you cant score, no matter what you do..when yuh sour yuh sour. Also there is a thing called a “feel sick” where a purgers comes from nowhere in the dregs. Manchester United in their glory days were masters of this and the last World Cup in Brazil had too many of these to count.

But funny enough, everybody knew when the moment arrived. Most of us were preparing for extra time and the penalties as the board came up and the 3 minutes were already announced. Siparia was on a break as they were tired, some people went to the bathroom and we were just waiting to see the game out.
A routine long ball from Ecuador was trapped by their forward who tried to beat and was closed down by three T&T player. It happened right infront of me...the girl slipped and fell, it wasn’t a bad tackle or anything but because of the number of players around her the ref took the chain up.

It was then, everybody knew...everybody...the crowd behind me fellas bawling, they have a funny feeling, men saying we going and get cork, every body saying this looking like a jumbie vibes.

In truth and in fact it happened...from the time the two Ecuador women stepped up to take the kick and I looked across at how we were set up...I saw the purgers coming.

It was as if a Jumbie descended on the stadium and the team ...and as the ball was kicked in...I saw our keeper come out, go back, come out again, flap and miss...the ball back in the other direction and the net bulge.

DEAD SILENCE!!!

Joy and ecstasy from Ecuador as they ran and celebrated...they made it to the WC.
It was at this moment the T&T fans who only minutes before were cheering on their team...got up and walked out...In droves!

The riddim section did not play..stunned silence, we did not rally our team, we did not pick them up and we never really were the 12th man for our team. We were simply observers, jamming and wining, having a time at the efforts of the girls on the field. But guess what...that is all we know, you can’t blame them.

The girls mentally just lost it and even as they tried a last attack with a shot missing the goal in the dregs, the reality of the situation and all the pressure they saw for the last few months just came down onto all of them.

The ref and all felt sorry for us and played 6 minutes extra time just to give us a chance, but it had already happened.

Just like that our dream was over and like Nov 19th, this was just as bad or even worse.

Then came the third world ism and outta timing mentality again. Girls on the field crying, Ecuador celebrating  the moment in progress...Out runs Olatunji and the DJ running music. The poor girls couldn’t even get up, do a lap of recognition, nuttin..it was just drag them off the field and Ola and the Dj trying to hype a empty stadium.

People just walk out and steups, people cussin, people crying and the waggonists wining. The music truck that was waiting outside for the celebrations barely made it to the Woodbrook youth center before it was shut down and everyone just went home sour.

Honestly I was depressed, in fact just reliving yesterday had me extremely sick. We would never have such a chance at glory again and I felt it for the team. Being a T&T fan is the hardest ting ever and last night further pushed people away from football. It traumatised the nation and we will not recover from this setback anytime soon.

In closing I would like to thank all the T&T women warriors for their heart, determination and character. You did your best and even though you didn’t qualify I am still very proud of you all.
Realise this...the game is bigger than you...but even bigger than football, even bigger than Trinidad & Tobago there is a thing called BLIGHT!

It is a sourness that happens when someone either inflicts it upon you or when people do bad things.
You ladies were simply the victims of those who profited from your efforts. We have powerful people in this country who do the wrong things under the guise of help, we steal from each other, we lie, we showboat to look good and we take advantage of those in need and the helpless.

The TTFF and by extension, Trinidad and Tobago is a heavy place right now and we will never see success in football until a cleansing happens.

Bad vibes and negativity can never prosper and T&T will never be able to move forward until we start living right, doing the right things and putting the correct measures in place.

Till next time...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:01:55 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Observation - T&T Women Warriors vs Ecuador
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 03:39:20 PM »
thanks for the write up bro...eloquent as always.   

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »
Hear nah touches yuh is a flick ing boss yes . just reading your match  observation  i just want to say thanks for that read  really appreciate  yuh take  on the game .. nice read

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 04:05:30 PM »
I always look forward to your report Touches! I am a big fan of your writing skills! Cheer up ok  ;)

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 04:27:56 PM »
I feeling it all day too my boy. Heartbroken.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 04:41:49 PM »
Thanks Touches!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 05:36:54 PM »
Touches, thanx boss.

Top stuff.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 06:21:38 PM »
welcome back Touches... :salute: :worried:   :cursing:  :'(  However, the team,girls and this coach and staff, just set a new standard. Let's go TT  :praying:

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 07:00:49 PM »
Excellent report as always Touches (Yuh Forget to mention the Mexican waves)

Yuh right tho, that Stadium get real heavy when that girl went down in injury time... That Goal hurt, hurt real HARD, still hurting.. JAH! Ah cyah even begin to fathom how those Ladies feeling... All my years watching T&T play, I think this worst than 89 for me. Then I was only 9 and altho yuh sad, you still couldn't fully comprehend the enormity of what took place..

Country really need a Purge... God in Control yes...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 08:14:46 PM »
Blight is right Touches!
They girls gave it their all, now we have to start grooming the younger ones for the next WC. We certainly have what it takes to to advance, we just need to fine tune a few things and be more consistent with our play.
This is still hurting me, a tough pill to swallow.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 08:22:53 PM »
I was 12 years old sitting in that stadium in 1989 and sitting there 25 years later not only rehashed old memories but brought new pain. I thought those demons were exorcised after 2006 but I guess not  :'(. For some reason this was worst! I had no idea that women's football would affect me so much but it is not just the football but about national pride. My eyes were swollen but only my foolish manly pride prevented tears from streaming down my face... It would be easy just to lock off T&T football but win lose or draw I'm a Soca Warrior for life!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
Touches- yuh spot on from the anecdote leading up to the game summary of the players who excelled I my opinion, the drop of in the second half and the closing commentary of the bigger picture- I flew down for the game hoping to rejoice in history but felt the sting of BLzIGHT!!!!!!!

Well - let's see Pan Am games inCanada- Gold Cup in USA or World Cup Netball Australia - 2015- we have opportunities for redemption

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »
Touches as always your post makes you feel right in the middle of the action. Love it!!

I know the ladies fought hard and I know this result will haunt them forever but I want the ladies to use this experience to help the younger generation of girls coming up. There is alot of talent coming up and I mean really top talent but because of the climate in the country surrounding football and moreso politics, children are hesitant to commit to the sport in a way that would make the country proud of its talents. People like Maylee should be an inspiration to all footballers in Trinidad. That girl been through so much from injury and otherwise over the years and continues to give her all for the country and the team. I'm so proud of her and the team and I just hope they use this to effect change for the other coming behind them.  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 04:51:02 AM »
Good stuff Touches especially the Inner core of your report but all in all a good read. The soil at HCS need some serious prayers for the future of sport to be bright for the young ones coming up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/F2_lAZT_TI0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/F2_lAZT_TI0</a>

http://www.catholic.org/news/international/europe/story.php?id=55602
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 05:01:29 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 05:04:37 AM »
De Touches is back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your report bredda.

Yuh is ah boss.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 09:07:04 AM »
Good stuff Touches especially the Inner core of your report but all in all a good read. The soil at HCS need some serious prayers for the future of sport to be bright for the young ones coming up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/F2_lAZT_TI0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/F2_lAZT_TI0</a>

http://www.catholic.org/news/international/europe/story.php?id=55602

Who yuh come here to represent?? My Lord, choose carefully yuh kno cus yuh mite be givin strength to d problem dat We havin...
He Is Highly

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 09:08:29 AM »
Touches, thanks fuh d report.
He Is Highly

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 10:11:18 AM »
Excellent write up Touches.

You forgot the breed Mollon put down on a player.

Anyone have the full game?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 10:31:47 AM »
 :beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 11:09:54 AM »
Excellent report, Touches!

The wait was long and upon approaching the channels the reason for the wait annoyed me. Four of the channels were occupied by “Security”...not asking to see tickets, just turning the eight lanes into four and forming a ”channa bottle” line and all the confusion, stop and start and merging that had to take place.

After passing through the scaffold channel, we were then “searched” by a number of men and ladies pretending to be security officers. Either they were tired or overwhelmed but passing the wand on your pockets, hearing the beep, and then saying go tru without looking makes no sense...either do your job properly or don’t bother to have it in place...all this simply did was add to the time and frustration to get into the stadium.

Yuh right! Dis was ah brand ah nonsense.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »
Excellent write up Touches.

You forgot the breed Mollon put down on a player.

Anyone have the full game?

De one she drop in Quito is legendary! She will long be remembered dey. To execute at game speed ... brilliant.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 12:36:04 PM »
Nice report by Touches,he said everything what we saw,if the coach is smart he would read it,and correct the faults.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 01:01:47 PM »
That was a classic Touches! Thanks!  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 02:04:28 PM »
Nice report by Touches,he said everything what we saw,if the coach is smart he would read it,and correct the faults.

Coach can only correct faults if:-

1. He is kept on (a salary might be necessary which the TTFA may not be able to afford)

2. The team is kept together

3. We play more games soon including friendlies with some of the top teams that have qualified.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »
In closing I would like to thank all the T&T women warriors for their heart, determination and character. You did your best and even though you didn’t qualify I am still very proud of you all.

Realise this...the game is bigger than you...but even bigger than football, even bigger than Trinidad & Tobago there is a thing called BLIGHT!

It is a sourness that happens when someone either inflicts it upon you or when people do bad things.
You ladies were simply the victims of those who profited from your efforts. We have powerful people in this country who do the wrong things under the guise of help, we steal from each other, we lie, we showboat to look good and we take advantage of those in need and the helpless.

The TTFF and by extension, Trinidad and Tobago is a heavy place right now and we will never see success in football until a cleansing happens.

Bad vibes and negativity can never prosper and T&T will never be able to move forward until we start living right, doing the right things and putting the correct measures in place.

Till next time...

Excellent report as usual Touches.

The word on the ground going around is that our players did their best and we would have scored at least 3 goals on another day but something or someone in the stadium blighted the team from scoring on the day.

Now seeing that both the PM and Tim Kee got resounding boos from the crowd before the start of the game, could it be either of those individuals who blighted the team or could it have been the crowd that blighted the team by booing those two individuals who would have basked in glory had our team won the game?

Just thinking aloud and asking....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 02:27:17 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 02:23:39 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The most dangerous stadium experience
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 02:30:56 PM »
The most dangerous stadium experience
T&T Guardian

My two sons, age 10 and 6, and I arrived at a less-than-ideal time of 5.40 pm for the women’s World Cup  qualifier versus Ecuador on Tuesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. They had school lessons and could not come before. I expected some discomfort but not to the extent that I experienced. We had tickets for the uncovered section of the stands. We entered the stadium checkpoint and that was also quite uncomfortable but expected as it was the last-minute rush.

We then proceeded to the turnstiles; there were four in operation on the eastern side of the stadium with lines that were relatively long but orderly. Just before kickoff at around 5.55 pm, the national anthem began and the gatekeepers decided to close the gates to stand at attention. I mean there are hundreds of people trying to gain access!

After the national anthem the two northern turnstiles remained closed for some inexplicable reason. That sent the people in the two lines who were trying to gain access there to converge on the two that were still open. It was warfare, chaos and danger. My younger son was in my arms but my ten-year-old started to complain that he could not breathe and was being crushed. I tried to lift him but was being pushed and shoved from behind. It was extremely scary.

I then began to shout that there were children here and they were under pressure. At that point one of the patrons helped me and created a small path for me to reach the turnstiles in the absolute chaos. I made it through barely, but it was a most harrowing experience. It probably lasted for 20 minutes.

For the life of me I cannot understand why they closed the northern turnstiles at a rush time. I cannot understand why only four turnstiles on the eastern side were in use for the whole of the uncovered stands and then two closed at 6 pm. If there were more turnstiles in other parts of the stadium being used then an usher or some officer of the organising team should be there to keep moving people to other more accessible turnstiles.

I mean after 25-plus years we still get treated like animals after we buy tickets. It should be paramount for the TTFA to ensure that the admission/access process to the ground be as hassle-free and accommodating as possible. It is the first step in what should be a lovely adventure, not ten-year-olds suffocating by a crush of humanity and a six-year-old in complete fear in his father’s arms clinging for comfort.

I suggest the opening or creating of more turnstiles on sell-out or large-crowd days. I suggest a different entrance for children and their guardians on these days for I would think a major push is to get the young ones to come because they are the future. Have all feel like humans.

Stop taking the paying public for granted by treating them terribly. We have allowed everything to slip and become so base and inhumane. Our indifference is appalling and I am hoping that the powers that be can accept that what occurred that evening should never happen again. But it always does occur so I hoping against faded faith.

I accept I came later than I would have liked; that was unavoidable. But that cannot be made a reason or excuse. At any time the access to the stadium should be better than what I experienced. That tardiness is my lesson not the TTFA excuse or get out clause.

Scott Rodriguez,
via e-mail
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 03:24:25 PM »
There are so many things that we need to improve on to become a first world country.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 03:50:48 PM »
There are so many things that we need to improve on to become a first world country.

We are first world. We buy everything first world.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 03:54:01 PM »
 Socapro  Your third point may be possible and we could get some friendlies,we just missed out so a couple teams may want to play us.[

1]; } ?>