April 28, 2024, 04:09:32 AM

Author Topic: 2015 Women's World Cup - Canada  (Read 31213 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Women's World Cup - Canada
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2015, 06:16:43 AM »
Yuh could look @ that Karina LeBlanc smile all day. :) However ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2015, 06:26:56 AM »
Kiwis delay Canada charge
FIFA.com

Player of the Match, NZ goalkeeper, Erin Nayler.

FIFA Women's World Cup™ hosts Canada battled out a scoreless stalemate in a tough encounter against New Zealand at the Commonwealth Stadium.

The match, which included a 30-minute first-half stoppage as lightning lurked around Edmonton, was a torrid and physical contest from start to finish. There was a litany of near-misses at either end with both teams hitting the frame of the goal, including a missed penalty from New Zealand’s Amber Hearn.

Following the early half-hour delay, New Zealand had the first sight of goal with Hearn directing a perfect looping header from distance only to see it tipped over by the reliable Erin McLeod. Canada’s best chance of the half came midway through with Christine Sinclair charging down on goal only to be denied by one of many superb Erin Nayler blocks.

New Zealand should have taken the lead just past the half-hour mark but Football Ferns’ all-time top scorer Hearn hit her penalty against the crossbar after Hannah Wilkinson was brought down. Canada’s Melissa Tancredi deflected the ball into the net in the final minute of the half only to be denied by the offside flag.

After the break Sinclair directed a clever opportunistic volley towards goal only to see a brilliant finger-tip save from Erin Nayler direct the ball onto the crossbar. Then it was the turn of Sophie Schmidt to ping the crossbar with her free-kick from near the sideline.

Tancredi missed a golden opportunity with only the keeper to beat as her underhit shot was again saved by Nayler. The 35,544 crowd found their full voice in the later stages as the home team turned up the heat but star forward Sinclair squeezed a first time shot agonisingly wide of the post, and it was clearly not meant to be Canada’s night.

Match Highlights

John Herdman, Canada coach
That was a very entertaining match. New Zealand were tough as we expected, they were physical and good with the set-plays. I thought we were the better team but we need to hit the back of the net. We defended resolutely. That was a dominant second half for long periods, and we just needed to capitalise. All-in-all another solid performance from Canada, we just need to find the net and give the fans something to cheer.

Tony Readings, New Zealand coach
We are disappointed not to come away with all three points again. We feel we should have at least four points by now. We created many chances and we have struggled to score in these past two games, but one day we will beat someone three, four, five-nil. We have been very good defensively, now it is just a matter of working on things at the other end of the pitch. This group is very tight. We know China so well, and it is always going to be tight when we play them.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »

Not feeling the same excitement that was there in the previous WC. I heard Cameroon have a good team

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2015, 12:56:53 PM »
Not feeling the same excitement because We not there. I totally agree.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2015, 01:22:03 PM »

What type of stupid post is this? WHEN did our women team ever made WC? I said I am not feeling the same excitement from the previous one, so what exactly are you in agreement with when you say because we not there? Steupse another stupid post

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2015, 05:12:26 PM »
Ecuador's 26-Year-Old Coach is Making History at the Women's World Cup
Kade Krichko (Vice Sports).

When Ecuador takes on Cameroon on Monday afternoon in Vancouver's BC Place Stadium, Vanessa Arauz, all 26 years, four months, and three days of her, will become the youngest person, male or female, to ever coach in a World Cup, surpassing Juan Tramutola, Argentina's record holder from the 1930 men's Cup.

"The record will be very nice...but as always I don't want to be recognized for an achievement [of this sort]," explained Arauz in a video interview with Mas Deportes. "It's about the work that is being done with the Ecuadorian Women's National Team."

The task ahead of Arauz seemed almost impossible when she was handed the reigns of Ecuador's national side in August of 2014. With only three years of coaching experience, the Quito native took over in the final stages of South American qualifying and was asked to deliver Ecuador's first ever ticket to the FIFA Women's World Cup.

She did just that, coaching Ecuador to three wins and four losses— including a dramatic 3-2 comeback win over Argentina to set up a playoff for one of the final spots in this summer's tournament—with a team of comprised of amateur players.

Then Arauz's young career took a definitive turn. With her team struggling to score goals down the stretch, Arauz convinced Monica Quinteros, a gym teacher who had once been the country's leading scorer, to make an improbable comeback.

Quinteros, who made her international debut as a 13-year-old and is seven months older than her head coach, returned in a 45-minute stint during the first leg of the home and away series with Trinidad and Tobago. After a 0-0 tie in Quito, Arauz started the veteran striker in the Caribbean leg, and was repaid when a looping set piece found Quinteros' head in the middle of a crowded Trinidadian penalty area. Quinteros popped the ball up and over the keeper for a 91st minute game winner. The 1-0 victory on December 2 secured Ecuador the 24th spot in the 24-team tournament.

"Before the game [Arauz] told me, 'This is your moment, visualize that and go and realize your dream,'" Quinteros told FIFA.com. "I couldn't believe that defenders that tall didn't clear it, then I remember getting my head to it. The ref didn't immediately give it so I didn't scream right away, and after that it's all a blur."

The team returned to a hero's welcome at Mariscal Sucre International Airport, and Arauz's miracle working was lauded throughout the country. It even earned the the team a celebratory breakfast with President Rafael Correa in the presidential palace. Still, this wasn't the first time Arauz had risen above expectations.

The pony-tailed coach is also the first female to obtain a certified coaching title in Ecuadorian history. She graduated from the Higher Institute of Technical Football—essentially the university all Ecuadorian trainers must pass through—in 2011 with a grade score of 19.54—the second highest in her 30-person—and otherwise all male—graduating class.

"The last time I checked the ball, I did not see anything that said 'men only' or 'no women allowed,'" maintained Arauz in a January video interview with Ecuador Olimpico T.V. "This was [my chance] to make a mark on women's soccer."

The trainer's academic performance was noticed by Luis Chiriboga Acosta, the president of the Ecuador Football Federation (Ecuadorian soccer's governing body), who immediately made her assistant coach with the women's senior national team. In March of 2013 she became the head coach of the U-17 team and then subsequently the U-20s before being called up to the senior squad this past summer.

Arauz entered the fold younger than a quarter of her roster, and just two years older than the average age of her entire squad, creating a unique and potentially hazardous dynamic in the locker room and on the training field. Traditionally coaches are decades older than their players. Called "Profe Vane" by her players for her extensive knowledge of the game, the Ecuadorian coach has used her age as a tool to relate to her players.

"Everyone has a very special relationship with [Arauz], she is very easy to talk to and at the same time...thinks of every detail and is very professional," said Ali Salvador, a 19-year-old center midfielder and one of two Ecuatorianas playing soccer collegiately in the U.S. (she started 8 games as a freshman for Alcorn State in 2014). "She has earned 100 percent of our team's respect."

Unlike other young coaches, Arauz did not ascend the coaching ranks because of her prowess as a player. She loved the game from a young age, and played for her home club Emelec. But the calculated tactician realized early on that her future would not be on the field. According to an interview with El Telegrafo, a 10-year-old Arauz matter-of-factly informed her teachers that she was going to be a famous soccer coach when asked what she wanted to do with her life.

"All of my classmates laughed," said Arauz in her El Telegrafo interview.

Now Arauz is hoping to change the women's soccer conversation in her home nation.

There is no professional women's league in Ecuador, and the country has only had a women's national championship since 2013. That means that 21 of the squad's 23 players (all but the two playing for American universities) must find alternative means to fund their dreams of playing soccer.

Quinteros' situation has been the most publicized. She had to pull out of the 2014 Copa America to fulfill her work duties and put food on her family's table.

"I thought about retiring," admitted Quinteros in an interview with El Universo. "I saw no further development in women's [soccer]...we are not like the men who make a living at this."

Arauz hopes a good showing in Canada could give women's soccer legitimacy in Ecuador's male-dominated society. Any discussion would have to start with a structure that would give the team a stable financial future.

Though soccer pundits see the team's dream run skidding out early, Arauz and the "guerreras", or "warriors", as she refers to her group, have some factors working in their favor. While their Group C is highlighted by 2011 champion Japan, the other two nations, Cameroon and Switzerland are also making their World Cup debuts and have little experience outside of their respective continents. Cameroon, ranked 53rd in the latest FIFA Women's poll, appears to be a chance at three points.

The tournament's structure—an expanded field of 24 teams, with 16 advancing past the group stage—gives Ecuador better odds at an extended run.

Before every big game, Arauz preaches, "Si se puede, si se pudo," or "yes we can, we we did". It's motivation for a team given little chance to succeed both domestically and abroad, but it also serves as an apt manifesto for a leader who has defied social norms while pursuing her dreams. After less than a year at the helm of her national team, Arauz has vaulted Ecuador from 125th in the world to 46th. So at this point, anything seems possible.

As she told The FIFA Weekly, "We can...dream of winning the World Cup."

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2015, 05:40:28 PM »
is it me or am I imagining things as I listen to the language, tone, enor and description used by these commentators that make them seem bias against the African teams?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2015, 05:53:22 PM »
is it me or am I imagining things as I listen to the language, tone, enor and description used by these commentators that make them seem bias against the African teams?

Yuh not imagining. There is a "thing". A somewhat less deferential thing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 05:55:42 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2015, 06:16:36 PM »
so I'm not going crazy then.....it just annoys me

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2015, 06:48:39 PM »
Just taking a little SATISFACTION in watching Ecuador being completely obliterated by Switzerland. They shouldn't even be there. Still upset about T&T not making it  :pissedoff:. That's life sometimes. You don't always get what you deserve. Ecuador however, is getting EXACTLY what they deserve  ;D
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2015, 06:58:08 PM »
Just taking a little SATISFACTION in watching Ecuador being completely obliterated by Switzerland. They shouldn't even be there. Still upset about T&T not making it  :pissedoff:. That's life sometimes. You don't always get what you deserve. Ecuador however, is getting EXACTLY what they deserve  ;D

Why all the hate for Ecuador?  ;D They did what they had to do to earn their spot....we had our chance(s) to get there but failed...I wish I was watching us play in the WC instead and I'm left wondering if we would have put up a better fight, but I'm not begrudging Ecuador their place in the 24.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2015, 07:00:27 PM »
so I'm not going crazy then.....it just annoys me

The closest they came to being 'even' was prior to Nigeria's match today ... but then Nigeria did not show up and their analyses descended into the abyss. Nigeria's malady becoming everything that Australia presented tactically ... when in actuality most of Nigeria's problems were self-inflicted. But hey, if yuh doh subject narratives to scrutiny, you'll believe everything yuh read, hear or learn.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2015, 07:04:10 PM »
Sweden doing well against the US. The pace of the game (or lack thereof) suits Sweden. The US has a knack for cranking things up in the second half....I hope Sweden can keep up.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2015, 07:07:05 PM »

Why all the hate for Ecuador?  ;D They did what they had to do to earn their spot....we had our chance(s) to get there but failed...I wish I was watching us play in the WC instead and I'm left wondering if we would have put up a better fight, but I'm not begrudging Ecuador their place in the 24.

Part of our problem was getting that first leg in Ecuador. That altitude rhel wuk our players. Ah not even sure Cameroon could drop 10 on Ecuador in Quito.

Having not scored in Ecuador, we put even more pressure on the home leg. It changed the posture of the match.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2015, 07:09:26 PM »
All those who said Ecuador would get worked over in this WC now have 2 games to back dem up ... still doh, Ecuador had some bad luck. They were denied a penalty that should have been a penalty, and then got one that shouldn't have been ... the timing of the penalty calls matter in that the half time score could have been 1-1.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2015, 07:17:11 PM »

What type of stupid post is this? WHEN did our women team ever made WC? I said I am not feeling the same excitement from the previous one, so what exactly are you in agreement with when you say because we not there? Steupse another stupid post

I just saying  I eh feeling excited about this WC,  because we had three chances to qualify and missed all 3. That is all Breds!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2015, 10:41:44 AM »
Simon double sinks Super Falcons
FIFA.com

Australia beat Nigeria 2-0 courtesy of Kyah Simon’s brace, which gives the Matildas three valuable points in their quest to reach the Round of 16 at the FIFA Women’s World Cup™.

With warmer temperatures in Winnipeg than the two teams experienced on Monday, the opening stages of the Group D contest lacked any real pace or scoring opportunities. Desire Oparanozie looked dangerous for Nigeria up front but her final touch was off the mark on a few occasions in the first ten minutes.

Almost half-an-hour in, Australia captain Lisa De Vanna made a driving run through the heart of the Nigerian defence before passing off to Kyah Simon, who lifted the ball over Precious Dede and into the net to give the Matildas the lead. Nigeria were put on the back foot after Australia’s opener, and it was nearly 2-0 but Simon’s first effort was blocked and De Vanna’s volley from the rebound fired just wide.

The Super Falcons then began to threaten at the other end, but Australia goalkeeper Lydia Williams stymied Oparanozie at the edge of the box with a great sliding challenge to take the ball straight off the No9’s foot. Seconds later, Ngozi Okobi attempted an ambitious volley from long-range, which drew a gasp from the fans, but her effort sailed high.

The Matildas doubled their lead with Simon scoring her second after Samantha Kerr floated in a lofted cross that found her and Tameka Butt unmarked. Simon was in a better position to put it past Dede, which she did comfortably. Laura Alleway was denied by the crossbar in the final minutes, and the Matildas never looked troubled at the other end of the pitch as they held on to keep the clean sheet intact for Williams.

Nigeria face a difficult task as they realistically need victory against USA to progress to the knockout stages, while an exciting match in prospect awaits the Edmonton crowd, when the Matildas face Sweden on Tuesday.

Match Highlights

Allen Stajcic, Australia coach
It was a tough game; a tough battle out there in the heat. Both sides had plenty of good attacks and today we were the more clinical side. That’s what we weren’t the other day. A couple key moments won us the match. We had quite good control of the game.

Edwin Okon, Nigeria coach
I thought it was a very good match. I congratulate the winners, Australia. We have to get back out and score goals. We must qualify. Nigeria must qualify to the next round. So we must get back to the form we had against Sweden.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2015, 10:53:32 AM »
Record-breaking Swiss overrun Ecuador
FIFA.com

Switzerland forward Eseosa Aigbogun is congratulated on scoring during the match.

Switzerland completed their first FIFA Women’s World Cup™ win with a 10-1 rout of Ecuador in Vancouver with the Europeans creating a litany of records along the way.

The scoreline equalled the most goals in a match, equalling the tally set in 2007 when Germany trounced Argentina 11-0. Meanwhile, Fabienne Humm scored a five-minute hat-trick - surpassing the previous record of eight minutes - while Ramona Bachmann also netted a treble, which included two goals within a minute.

Yet Ecuador kept the Swiss to just a single goal for almost the entire first half until they conceded a second with the last kick before the break. Unlucky not to score in their 1-0 loss against Japan, Switzerland finally got their reward at the midway point of the first half, even if the goal came in unusual circumstances.

Humm’s run down the right flank and pull back saw the Swiss net their first Women’s World Cup as Ecuador fullback Angie Ponce bundled the ball over her own line. The classy Humm scored her first two minutes after the break to well and truly opening the floodgates.

Bachmann joined the party with two goals in little more than 60 seconds as Switzerland completed a five-goal haul within a 14-minute period just after the break.

It was constant one-way traffic aside from the occasional foray forward from Ecuador striker Monica Quinteros. The No11 won a penalty duly converted by Ponce as Ecuador secured their first ever Women’s World Cup goal to make it 7-1 before the same player conceded her second own goal of the match.

Match Highlights 

Martina Voss-Tecklenburg, Switzerland coach
I don’t want too sound arrogant, but I was expecting us to score a lot of goals. When we got the second, we knew what was going to happen next. Prior to that we didn’t do too well. We were too slow, too nervous and too passive. I’m very critical and my players know it. It was important for them to tell me at half-time what wasn’t working. When you can score ten goals, you have to score ten goals. We tried to keep on scoring because we knew it could be important in the final group standings.

Vanessa Arauz, Ecuador coach
What this defeat shows me is that Switzerland are capable of competing with the very best, unlike us. I’ve also learned that it’s difficult for us to maintain the level we showed during the first 30 minutes because of our lack of experience. What we need is a stronger domestic league so we can be more competitive when we make it to major competitions. This is a low for us, but the goal we scored shows me that the work we’re doing counts for now and the future, even if it didn’t give us any hope in the match itself. Every single game is part of our growth process, and that includes the last match too. We’re picking up experience in tough times and we need to lift ourselves so we can have some good times in the future too.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:37:56 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2015, 11:02:27 AM »
Japan beat Cameroon, reach Round of 16
FIFA.com

Aya Sameshima celebrates with Yuki Ogimi

Reigning champions Japan have become the first team to qualify for the Round of 16 at the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015™ after a 2-1 win against Cameroon in Vancouver.

Despite never facing African competition at the Women’s World Cup before, Japan enjoyed an early lead after Aya Sameshima fired home a cross from Nahomi Kawasumi only six minutes in. Before too long the Nadeshiko doubled their advantage when Yuika Sugasawa headed Aya Miyama’s corner kick past Annette Ngo Ndom to the delight of the BC Place crowd.

After taking the 2-0 lead, Japan began to assert themselves well and established control over the match, leaving Cameroon only a few opportunities on the counter-attack to find a way back into the game. Gabrielle Onegune’s inch-perfect long ball to Galle Enganamouit nearly saw Cameroon get on the scoresheet, but Ayumi Kaihori did well to keep it out.

Just before the break, Madeleine Ngono Mani nearly found the back of the net from ten yards after a good show of skill from Enganamouit on the right, but her shot missed the target. It was more of the same after the interval, but Cameroon continued to push forward.

There was a melee in the middle of the Japanese penalty area in the 71st minute where Les Lionnes were shut down by a strong Nadeshiko backline that blocked two successive efforts from Ajara Nchout before Gabrielle Onguene missed wide.

Japan held on to their lead despite an admirable effort from Enow Ngachu’s side, including a late consolation from Nchout, beating Kaihori on her near post, and an Enganamouit header missing by mere centimetres in the final seconds. The on-field celebrations from the Nadeshiko after the final whistle indicated their joy in reaching the Round of 16 with one game to spare in the group stage.

Match Highlights

Norio Sasaki, Japan coach
We were solid at the back today. It was a tight and pretty intense game and we managed to get something out of it, even if we were a little bit hesitant at times in the second half. The Cameroonians are quick on their feet and physically tough and they threw everything at us in the closing stages. Skill levels are increasing around the world and teams are all getting closer and closer to the top level. We know that there will come a day when there are no easy games at all.

Enow Ngachu, Cameroon coach
We’ve played against the reigning world champions and we’ve learned a lot. We’re going away satisfied, even if we could have equalised right at the end. We reorganised after they went 2-0 up and that gave us a little bit of stability. It’s a shame we couldn’t pick up a point because it would have been useful, though I’m happy with our performance because we’ve shown what we’re capable of, especially after the break. It would be fantastic for our country to reach the last 16 and we’ll be giving our all to make that happen, though the match we’ve got coming up against Switzerland will be very tough.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2015, 11:09:31 AM »

USA, Sweden battle to scoreless stalemate
FIFA.com

In a tightly contested match, USA and Sweden battled to a goalless draw, which means tensions and drama should be running high during the final matchday in Group D at the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015™.

The Americans dominated play for large stretches of the game, but much like their Swedish counterparts, the final ball was consistently off the mark. The first good chance after a tight opening 25 minutes came from Morgan Brien serving a great ball into the box from the right side. Sydney Leroux, amidst a crowd of yellow shirts, managed to get her head to the ball first but was not able to muster enough strength to direct it towards goal.

After a relativly even first 45 minutes, the Stars and Stripes picked up the pace in the second half but there were no goals to show for their efforts. Carli Lloyd came close in the 48th minute but her shot was well-saved by Hedvig Lindahl.

Lloyd was nearly in again trying to connect on one of several quality crosses from Megan Rapinoe, but Jessica Samuelsson cleared bravely over the line. Sydney Leroux nearly scored on the ensuing corner kick but missed just wide.

The closest chance of breaking the deadlock somewhat surprisingly fell Sweden’s way, but Meghan Klingenberg – one of the shortest players on the pitch – managed to clear Caroline Seger’s shot off the underside of the crossbar and out of danger, with goal-line technology confirming the American No22 was able to keep the ball from entering Hope Solo’s goal.

The Americans continued to press forward but were unable to find a winner, leaving a point apiece to the two teams and all to play for on Monday.

Match Highlights

Jill Ellis, USA coach
It was like two heavyweights going at it. I thought both teams left it all on the field. I think Sweden had a good game plan. They were tough to break down. In the second half we were better, we had better possession and we took good things away from this. We’re still in the driver’s seat. We still have an opportunity to finish top.

Pia Sundhage, Sweden coach
After this 90 minutes, we gained some confidence. We were tactically smart against one of the best teams in the world.  Today we saw a battle. We managed to not give up goals and we created a few chances. From here, let’s see how it goes.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2015, 01:01:09 PM »
They getting muh girl Necib vex.
Colombia just beat France 2-0 with some mad refereeing and nice finishes by Colombia.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2015, 01:02:02 PM »
Suddenly, that Mexico v. England game is critical ... particularly for England.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2015, 01:06:19 PM »
Just saw the handball highlight ... absolutely crazy!!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2015, 01:57:20 PM »
Colombia just beat France 2-0 with some mad refereeing and nice finishes by Colombia.

Wha played out there? Saw a clip with her flinging the ball one-handed at a teammate.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2015, 02:09:28 PM »

Wha played out there? Saw a clip with her flinging the ball one-handed at a teammate.

I doh even know I missed when that happened live.  She look even hotter when she vex.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2015, 02:09:55 PM »
Looks like Equador savings us from serious cut arse

we might be able to rise to the occasion or we might be taking real lix right about now
obviously they are not at the same level as the other teams in the group

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2015, 02:28:00 PM »

I doh even know I missed when that happened live.  She look even hotter when she vex.

:rotfl: :rotfl: That kinda MO dangerous.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2015, 03:10:03 PM »
Says a lot about Spain that they are having issues finishing and are using a fairly accomplished finisher as their outside back.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2015, 07:08:53 PM »
Was on my way to the Canada game but a storm and traffic jam got my plans out of wack.

Last minute as usual eh A.B  :justkidding:

Are you making the trip to Toronto to watch the Pan Am's
We can tailgate  :beermug:

Hope all is well

Cheers

Frustrating watching some of these teams- just thinking that just maybe our ladies could have catches Fire and play some competitive football if they were on this. Stage.
I hope that it was a bitter pill to swallow and that they are hungrier more determined and would be more aggressive and resolute. In approaching the next level of competitions.
Not sure yet about thePan Ams - I am ona wait see how the team is at mentally and physically would all the bs happening with the politics and the TTFA - I really hope that players and coach put all that aside and play football- winning and doing well is what we need more than anything now- lawd father let the MoS provide adequate funding and stop the bs.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2015, 04:27:21 AM »
Interesting article on women getting "the short end of the stick". How the women's game was stymied in Britain. From the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33064421/the-secret-history-of-womens-football

1]; } ?>