March 28, 2024, 02:24:24 PM

Poll

Should we put our dead Prime Ministers on our notes?

Yes
1 (25%)
No
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Dead Prime Ministers on our notes  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Dead Prime Ministers on our notes
« on: December 08, 2014, 04:42:05 AM »
Should we put our dead Prime Ministers on our notes and coins like they do in the U.S?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Prime Ministers on our notes
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 04:51:36 AM »
NO! not at this point in TnT history. maybe in decades to come. First off how many dead PM's do we have? only three! also if we are going to put PM's on our notes then we should select the ones who have done the most for the country. Great leaders should be on a country currency! We have not had enough years established to choose 'great' PMs from a reasonable amount of past leaders.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:27:16 AM by Sando prince »

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 08:11:41 AM »
I echo the sentiment that no deceased PMs.

However, some known and unknown heroes who have led our country would be a nice touch like:

Hasely, Uriah, Rienzi, Dr. Joseph Lennox Pawan
whey boy!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 11:36:33 AM »
I would love to see Dr Eric Eustace Williams on the currency.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 01:37:42 PM »
If it could prevent counterfeiting , Yes!  ;D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 04:32:43 PM »

T&T new $50 note. :rotfl:  UGLY AND DISTRACTING. What happened to our organized format of having the coat of arms in the center of the front of the note and the central bank in the center of the back of note with national scenery or a national landmark to the right. This is like a big confusing cartoon. The white bird to the right is meant to what? Not the Humming bird  :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 05:53:23 PM »
It could be difficult to counterfeit.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 06:03:58 PM »
Other than Eric, it doh have any PM deserving to be on we money at this point in time. In general, we should have nationals who have advanced our country's image in a very positive manner. It could be athletes, entertainers, educators, businessmen, freedom fighters etc.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 11:34:16 PM »

T&T new $50 note. :rotfl:  UGLY AND DISTRACTING. What happened to our organized format of having the coat of arms in the center of the front of the note and the central bank in the center of the back of note with national scenery or a national landmark to the right. This is like a big confusing cartoon. The white bird to the right is meant to what? Not the Humming bird  :rotfl:

Here is the updated version. Why have a hibiscus flower? The Red House or NAPA is not on any of our other notes so either one would have been a better choice than the Hibiscus flower. Still this looks better than the original one I posted earlier.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 11:54:01 PM »
Look ah yellow juzee and ah yellow $50 bill  ;)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 12:11:43 AM »
I think this government needs to demit office asap so we can stop the corrupt wastage of T&T taxpayers' money which is being siphoned off into government ministers and their friends’ pockets in kick-backs.

The reason why these unnecessary $50 notes are being introduced is because some government ministers needed to be paid, its all about over-inflated cost of doing things and getting your kick-backs to fill your pockets.

Why is it that the government hasn't declared the cost of printing these ugly curry coloured $50 notes and exactly how many have been unnecessarily printed? Ask yuhself that!

This government has done absolutely nothing since being in power to bring money into the country's treasury but has done everything possible to empty it as soon as possible while most of their 51 ministers have become millionaires overnight.

PS: I wish I could wave a magic wand and exile this whole current T&T government over to a jail in Guyana but we need the billions in wasted/stolen T&T taxpayers' money back first.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:17:23 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »
I think this government needs to demit office asap so we can stop the corrupt wastage of T&T taxpayers' money which is being siphoned off into government ministers and their friends’ pockets in kick-backs.

The reason why these unnecessary $50 notes are being introduced is because some government ministers needed to be paid, its all about over-inflated cost of doing things and getting your kick-backs to fill your pockets.

Why is it that the government hasn't declared the cost of printing these ugly curry coloured $50 notes and exactly how many have been unnecessarily printed? Ask yuhself that!

This government has done absolutely nothing since being in power to bring money into the country's treasury but has done everything possible to empty it as soon as possible while most of their 51 ministers have become millionaires overnight.

PS: I wish I could wave a magic wand and exile this whole current T&T government over to a jail in Guyana but we need the billions in wasted/stolen T&T taxpayers' money back first.

The notes being introduced are polymer bills and have been adopted internationally by countries such as Canada, Australia and New Zealand and are much more difficult to counterfeit. Eventually all bills will be polymer.
whey boy!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 10:39:11 AM »
Guys, is not what it look like, is what it is worth.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 10:40:38 AM »

The notes being introduced are polymer bills and have been adopted internationally by countries such as Canada, Australia and New Zealand and are much more difficult to counterfeit. Eventually all bills will be polymer.

Why is it that the government hasn't declared the cost of printing these $50 notes and haven't stated exactly how many have been printed or that they plan to print? We need more accountability.

Also what was the tendering process for deciding on this artwork which I have friends who design flyers for me who could do a better job?

Its the ugliest currency note I have ever seen but then again it is reflective of this current racist government and how they operate.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:45:59 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 10:48:14 AM »
What is so racist about printing this piece of currency?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 11:07:47 AM »
What is so racist about printing this piece of currency?

I am not judging it on that my friend. I look at the policies of the government and am going by cases I know of personally where people I know unfairly lost their jobs or were discriminated against since this government came into power based on their race and assumed political persuasion even though some of them actually voted for the current government but now regret their gross mistake.
I also look at the immigration policy of this government and how illegal Africans from Guyana are being deported in much higher numbers than illegal Indians despite way more Indian Guyanese coming to T&T than African Guyanese, etc. etc. 
Conclusion is that even a blind man can see that the current T&T government is exercising racist policies and trying to keep it under the radar in the hope that it will give them a better chance of winning the next general elections despite their gross mismanagement and corruption in almost every ministry since coming into power.

The new ugly curry coloured $50 notes being produced with no accountability whatsoever is just another sign of how this government has been typically operating since coming into power.
I can't wait to see them demit office because if they get back into power it will be the end of T&T as we knew it as a multi-cultural harmonious nation where every creed and race could find an equal place and their fair share of the country's wealth, land and natural resources.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:22:25 AM by Socapro »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 05:43:03 PM »
I voted "Yes". The reason is simple, acknowledgement of the contribution of the past leadership in this country. A way of recognizing the efforts or our predecessors achievements and remind us of this whenever we receive or spend a dollar bill - It is because of them we are able to do so, and it helps to preserve our rich history of the men and women who fought for our rights, freedom, independence, safety and privileges.

1]; } ?>