March 28, 2024, 10:04:28 AM

Author Topic: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 82450 times)

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I was about to purchase my tickets this weekend. I guess i will wait to see what section the crew would be in ;D

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2015, 12:12:01 AM »
that haitian left winger wearing the #4 jersey was an absolute joy to watch. the man was well composed on the ball and use the flanks really well causing usa to double team him. i would like to see them in the QF, they sure to beat costarica if they finished third.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
for all we know we might have to face costa rica. it just might come down to goal difference in group B because i don't see canada and el salvador beating either jamaica or costa rica. so anyone of the two could win the group in that case if we finish second then we will definitely face the 2nd place team in group B. i guess we will just have to wait and see how sunday's game turn out.

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
what? july 19th? trini vs jamaica? NY? damn looks like I'm going to have to talk to the fam....I'm 4 hours away from NYC by car

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I don't see that happening. In all likelihood, both Ja and T&Twill end runners up in their respective groups.... Jamaica's group is still wide open, all 4 teams locked on points. Hate to say this, but I suspect Cuba will probably present you guys with a harder challenge than Guatemala.... and Guatemala might end up coming away with a respectable score against Mexico... central American teams match up better with Mexico than does the Caribbean teams imho.

Jamaica will have to fight hard and play a disciplined game to get anything out of the Canada game. At least a point is needed to stay on track.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I don't see that happening. In all likelihood, both Ja and T&Twill end runners up in their respective groups.... Jamaica's group is still wide open, all 4 teams locked on points. Hate to say this, but I suspect Cuba will probably present you guys with a harder challenge than Guatemala.... and Guatemala might end up coming away with a respectable score against Mexico... central American teams match up better with Mexico than does the Caribbean teams imho.

Jamaica will have to fight hard and play a disciplined game to get anything out of the Canada game. At least a point is needed to stay on track.

Yuh sleeping ah what, yuh jus make de man point with your first statement, 2nd in groups b and c play each other in the second qtr in nj
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Yuh sleeping ah what, yuh jus make de man point with your first statement, 2nd in groups b and c play each other in the second qtr in nj

Reggae fan talking nonsense... He fraid to play us next rounds because we will manners yard in ny...

Remember I say that family...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Some things never change... Once a blue crab, always a blue crab..

Indirectly I'm wishing yard the best and you ups and talking and bunch of rubbish...

Think before you talk and make sure you do your research before you chat that rubbish again..

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Cool, didn't realize second plays second. In any event, I'd like to think that Jamaica would relish T&T over Mexico for a spot in the semis. Should be a good one for the fans.
Hehe heh.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:45:13 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Indirectly I'm wishing yard the best and you ups and talking and bunch of rubbish...

Think before you talk and make sure you do your research before you chat that rubbish again..

Ok, no need to blow a fuse bro.  Mexico 3 Guatemala 0, t&t 6 Cuba 0. Done deal.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2015, 07:12:59 PM »
Jamrock pulled off a late winner versus Canada and a deserved result based on the run of play.

Should be secured into the next round after this.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2015, 08:38:23 PM »

Jamrock pulled off a late winner versus Canada and a deserved result based on the run of play.

Should be secured into the next round after this.

Yeah Jamaica take their sweet time to win that one. I only saw the second half and Canada didn't have a thing going on.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2015, 08:46:47 PM »
Those Salvadoran fans never quit with the water bottles/cups

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2015, 09:08:46 PM »
Those Salvadoran fans never quit with the water bottles/cups
I was just saying that, I remembered they did the same thing towards us in the last GC.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

not with that z team they came with. how you expect cuba to beat us when they were traunched 6-0 by a mexican B team? even if cuba got back their 6 players on time to face us, they have never beaten us in serious competition except for PK's. even when we were a weaker team we held them goaless from the run of play on quite a few occasions, so why when they are at the weakest they have ever been suddenly have the where-with-all to beat us? i don't add up mate.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

not with that z team they came with. how you expect cuba to beat us when they were traunched 6-0 by a mexican B team? even if cuba got back their 6 players on time to face us, they have never beaten us in serious competition except for PK's. even when we were a weaker team we held them goaless from the run of play on quite a few occasions, so why when they are at the weakest they have ever been suddenly have the where-with-all to beat us? i don't add up mate.

Actually, you missed the point I made.  read my post again and show me where I said Cuba will beat anyone? 

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »
Why no games in Miami?  Any of the Caribbean and UNCAF teams woulda pull a big crowd here.  Cuba, Haiti, Jamaica, T&T have real ppl here.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2015, 05:32:15 PM »
Why no games in Miami?  Any of the Caribbean and UNCAF teams woulda pull a big crowd here.  Cuba, Haiti, Jamaica, T&T have real ppl here.

what football specific stadia they have in south florida? seems as if the tournament is using only MLS stadia for the tourney.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2015, 05:49:07 PM »

what football specific stadia they have in south florida? seems as if the tournament is using only MLS stadia for the tourney.

Dolphins stadium. Damn nice one too.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2015, 06:20:44 PM »

Nah g they not.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2015, 06:57:34 PM »

Nah g they not.

This tournament has not used MLS stadium with the exception of Boston. And that is an American football stadium. Chicago belong to the Bears. Phoenix belong to the Cardinals. And if they had games in Miami, they could have used, sunLiife stadium. The Miami Dolphins stadium

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2015, 07:34:40 PM »

Nah g they not.

This tournament has not used MLS stadium with the exception of Boston. And that is an American football stadium. Chicago belong to the Bears. Phoenix belong to the Cardinals. And if they had games in Miami, they could have used, sunLiife stadium. The Miami Dolphins stadium

I hear yuh both, was it a bid system for venues? I agree Miami would have been a big market for these games regardless of who playing except for the US probably.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2015, 07:58:27 PM »
Mexico is not looking hot against Guatemala. 0-0 half time

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2015, 08:54:26 PM »
Guatemala hold on for the tie pleaseeeee  :praying:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Actually, you missed the point I made.  read my post again and show me where I said Cuba will beat anyone? 

Sorry there boss, but I believe we will be playing either Haiti, el sal or Canada..

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 13, 2015, 04:10:23 AM »

Saw this coming.  Guatemala, quite frankly matches up Better with central American/Mexican teams than they do with teams from the Caribbean... they simply don't know how to handle the physical style and athleticism of the Caribbean boys.  Same is true for El Salvador, if you look closely you will realize that both El Salvador and Guatemala traditionally have significantly less black players in their squad when compared to Honduras, Panama, Costa Rica.  This is no coincidence.

Guatemala has kept themselves in the hunt for a chance to advance... Cuba already eliminated has nothing to play for but pride at this point.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:16:02 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 13, 2015, 04:44:12 AM »

Saw this coming.  Guatemala, quite frankly matches up Better with central American/Mexican teams than they do with teams from the Caribbean... they simply don't know how to handle the physical style and athleticism of the Caribbean boys.  Same is true for El Salvador, if you look closely you will realize that both El Salvador and Guatemala traditionally have significantly less black players in their squad when compared to Honduras, Panama, Costa Rica.  This is no coincidence.

Guatemala has kept themselves in the hunt for a chance to advance... Cuba already eliminated has nothing to play for but pride at this point.

You shouldn't start your day with nonsense. As it's "no coincidence", what is it attributable to?

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2015, 05:56:40 AM »
You shouldn't start your day with nonsense. As it's "no coincidence", what is it attributable to?

I'd imagine the reason the likes of Panama, Honduras, and Costa Rica has more players of African descent on their national team is because of the makeup of their population. El Salvador and Guatemala has significantly less African ancestry than the big three UNCAF teams. It would make sense to reason therefore that the domestic leagues in both El Salvador and ?Guatemala has less of these players.... and as a result, they have a harder time matching up with the very physical and athletics nature of such players. Of course, I can be wrong, have been many times in the past. 

You probably reading too much between the lines. Its clear cut - Its no coincidence that Guatemala and El Salvador has not had much success in recent times..., Guatemala has yet to qualify for a senior Men's world cup, while el Salvador last qualified some 40 years ago. the top three UNCAF teams composition tells the picture. You don't have to agree. Note Edison Cavani and Carlos Ruiz comments about Jamaica and T&T recently to the press.  USA and Canada following suit as well. Mexico is an anomaly.

Look at the current gold cup group standings, surprise, two Caribbean teams are at the top of two of the three groups.

You don't have to agree with my assessment... its just an opinion.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:13:33 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2015, 07:13:57 AM »
Off topics a little my fellow caribbeans. First, I would congratualte T&T on their safe and conving passage into the second round. Job well done!

I've been watching Gold cup since day I, I always felt  and believed in the past that Gold are made and set up for USA and Mexico to win it. This the first time watching the gold cup that I truly believe a Caribbean team can win it. After looking at Mexico(Last night) and the US VS Haiti and Honduras.. I really believe T&T and / or Jamaica can beat both teams in the semis as well as Haiti(if they make it in the next round). Wouldn't that be nice to see an all out CFU team Gold cup finals and Mexico  and the US out for the first time. I will even be happy to see, just a CFU team in the finals.

Don't you guys agree with me that a CFU team can win  it this year or at the very least has a best chance of win it more than ever..?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #209 on: July 13, 2015, 07:39:08 AM »
Off topics a little my fellow caribbeans. First, I would congratualte T&T on their safe and conving passage into the second round. Job well done!

I've been watching Gold cup since day I, I always felt  and believed in the past that Gold are made and set up for USA and Mexico to win it. This the first time watching the gold cup that I truly believe a Caribbean team can win it. After looking at Mexico(Last night) and the US VS Haiti and Honduras.. I really believe T&T and / or Jamaica can beat both teams in the semis as well as Haiti(if they make it in the next round). Wouldn't that be nice to see an all out CFU team Gold cup finals and Mexico  and the US out for the first time. I will even be happy to see, just a CFU team in the finals.

Don't you guys agree with me that a CFU team can win  it this year or at the very least has a best chance of win it more than ever..?

I think they definitely have a chance... Haiti played some good football the other night, was surprised they didn't come away with a draw or win..

1]; } ?>