March 28, 2024, 05:09:04 PM

Author Topic: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 82483 times)

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2015, 06:55:50 AM »
Stop making excuse, the team were bad from the 1st minute, this have nothing to do with fitness. Tell me they fell apart late in the game, I might say ok but from the first minute they were bad.

Hart is here and I don't hear him demanding more games instead he is there taking all the crap the TTFA is giving him.

So who you want me to blame?

Honestly, I like the guy, but I find he is to soft and favors certain players, that's my problem with Hart and he doesn't try different situations.

How can you make a team like Jordan who is ranked 103 look like Barcelona against you?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2015, 10:07:43 AM »
I am not making excuses for the poor performance. But given the situation with the TTFA, I can see why the team is not performing up to mark. They lack quality time where Hart can instill the type of play he wants from them. 4 and 5 days is not enough time to get a team like ours to play like Barcelona. I don't think they are good enough. The coach needs time with these guys. This is just a fact, not an excuse. Behnhaaker had aboout two months preps and practice before Germany. And we barely pull it off.  Hart has5 days to have them playing like Brazil. But I understand your frustration. Yes, they allowed a lower rank team  to split them apart in the early part of the game. That is not good.

Hart has his ways of doing things, and you may not agree with him. That is ok. That is your opinion. To say he has not asked or demand(as in your case) for games is not entirely true. How many games has TTFA had cancelled because of the lack of funds. Hart is just as frustrated as you. He may be at the point of resigning. Who knows. He is being let down by the people who has the power to assist football.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:15:55 AM by Deeks »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2015, 10:38:52 AM »
I haven't seen any of our guys play on a regular basis with their clubs or even with the National team. I have seen expat guys,originally from Trinidad play more regularly, and trust me, these guys were good. Not great but good. None of them playing any big pro or semi-pro nothing, but their control & passing solid. Thus, it begs, if they are not even considered for a look, far less selection, tells me, the guys who are selected are even better. Therefore, they have the ability, and thus the potential to achieve, they have the skill. Which leaves the organization and mental development/toughness might be possible areas to be addressed. SH knows this, he has said it many times. He needs the time and availability of players, willing to work on it - no political , financial or other personal distractions. As it stands, not sure what best drill he can implement, I can only think of actual game situation, whether it be a Grenada or Argentina or a expat all-star -even they will require ticket, accommodations, food = money- to come.
Then again, our observations (SH,mine and many knowledgable fans) could be totally wrong, and we are just living a pipedream. Only one way to test that theory. Play as much games as you can, pay the players & staff, the necessary agreed conditions. If after one Government term, no significant results , revise the commitment and use the money o develop other social improvements.

I thought ' Daneil Cyrus (W Connection) 'was foreign and doing quite well ?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2015, 11:56:24 AM »
so is he playing in Vietnam or not ?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2015, 09:23:40 AM »

CONCACAF Gold Cup ticket sales soar to 300,000

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/CONCACAF-Gold-Cup-ticket-sales-soar-to-300-000_19151803

MIAMI, Floria — CONCACAF on Thursday announced that with just under three weeks to the start of the CONCACAF Gold Cup 2015, approximately 300,000 tickets are already sold for the 14-venue event, an increase of nearly 100 per cent compared to the same timeframe as the 2013 tournament.

Two venues — Dallas and Kansas City — are virtually sold out.

With the original supply sold, a limited number of previously reserved tickets will now be made available for the kick-off double-header in Dallas on July 7, as well as the games in Kansas City on July 13. Both match dates feature Group A, which includes the United States, Panama, Haiti and Honduras.

Tickets for the crucial second date of Group A on July 10 at Gillette Stadium in the Boston area are still available but fans are encouraged to purchase in advance as supplies are limited.

Ticket sales for the Gold Cup 2015 are the highest ever in the tournament's 24-year history when compared to the same time frame as previous editions. More than two weeks before the start of this year's Gold Cup, the total number of tickets sold to date is already on par with the total Gold Cup attendance for the entire tournament just a decade ago in 2005, when the competition culminated with a riveting penalty kick victory for the United States over Panama at the Meadowlands.

As CONCACAF nations such as the United States, Mexico and Costa Rica leave their mark on the world stage and at the FIFA World Cup, the Gold Cup has established itself as the region's top international competition.

Launched in 1991, the tournament's reach doubled in 2009, when the event expanded to 12 venues across the United States, the host country for this edition along with Canada.

The region's marquee national team tournament will again call on world-class venues for this year's edition, including a mix of National Football League stadiums across the country along with soccer-specific stadiums used by Major League Soccer teams.

The venues are the Georgia Dome (Atlanta, GA), Gillette Stadium (Boston, MA), M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore, MD), Soldier Field (Chicago, IL), Bank of America Stadium (Charlotte, NC), Toyota Stadium (Dallas, TX), BBVA Compass Stadium (Houston, TX), Sporting Park (Kansas City, KS), Stubhub Center (Los Angeles, CA), Met Life Stadium (New York/New Jersey), Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA), PPL Park (Philadelphia, PA), University of Phoenix Stadium (Phoenix, AZ) and BMO Field (Toronto, ON).

The 12 participating national teams qualified for this year's tournament are: Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago and the United States.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2015, 11:26:03 AM »
People just watching the results and quick to blame the coach.

Just a few points to study
You're hired to do a job and not paid for months. Are you still gonna have that love and passion for the job after 6 months for example, and no salary that was promised?

Also, look at the Jordan tour. Look how disorganised it is.
EXTREMELY unfair for the players. Unsure if game is on til a day or 2 before?!?
for those long trips you have to prep days in advance mentally and physically! And when we reach and look sluggish, we wonder why

we're asking for miracles at this point.
And we need to come to the reality that we have to change our whole approach.
Players must improve on their professionalism.
Administration needs to stop being greedy and step their game up and stop being so disorganised. They cant expect corporate TT to invest in the game when the recent events over the last few years paints a nasty picture. Why put my company name alongside such an establishment????

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Klinsmann Calls 23 Players to Defend Gold Cup Title
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2015, 01:53:26 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2015, 06:22:50 AM »
I'm less concerned about the non-inclusion of Jorsling, and significantly more concerned about where our players play. We should be in circumstances such that 15-20/25 players participated in foreign leagues of unquestionable quality, with a secondary cohort of other players competitively pressing for inclusion.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2015, 06:51:55 AM »
I'm less concerned about the non-inclusion of Jorsling, and significantly more concerned about where our players play. We should be in circumstances such that 15-20/25 players participated in foreign leagues of unquestionable quality, with a secondary cohort of other players competitively pressing for inclusion.

... And improve the Pro League to the level of professionalism and quality required to challenge National team players :p

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2015, 01:36:47 PM »
So a small sweat should be in order in anticipation of each group stage game. Who down?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2015, 07:24:16 PM »
GOLD CUP: Preview of Group C, which includes Trinidad and Tobago
http://www.mlssoccer.com/goldcup/2015/group-c-preview

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2015, 12:43:40 PM »
Head Coach Stephen Hart gives an update on T&T’s Gold Cup preparations
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bjz_VpShFLA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bjz_VpShFLA</a>

Defender Sheldon Bateau talks about T&T’s Gold Cup preparations
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VqJJyZWz8Mw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VqJJyZWz8Mw</a>

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2015, 08:09:27 PM »
Anybody going to the Guatemala game in Chicago?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2015, 08:20:44 PM »
Chicharito just left the friendly with Honduras holding his clavicle... doesn't look too good, but at least he was able to articulate it as he left the field.

UPDATE:  Broken collarbone for Chicharito.  Wow.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:06:28 PM by Bakes »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »
The life of professional sportsmen and women. He good today, you injured tomorrow. Speedy recovery!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2015, 06:43:07 AM »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2015, 09:49:15 AM »
Anyone going to the match in Phoenix? TnT vs Cuba then Mexico vs Guatemala!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2015, 09:56:30 AM »
match showing on sportsnet world in canada... all matches actually starting from today

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2015, 05:47:04 PM »
panama haiti  35th min 0-0. panama playing like girls though, i guess they are the quint essential hispanic team falling down and faining injury look for an easy hand out from the referee.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2015, 05:55:21 PM »
haiti could beat them though. they just need to be patient and stay focused. panama isn't all that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:37:16 AM by pull stones »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2015, 05:56:27 PM »
Haiti quick on the break. What few they are getting.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2015, 06:37:03 PM »
That was bush league defending by Haiti on that goal, unacceptable at this level

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2015, 06:37:55 PM »

panama isn't all that.

Yuh know yuh jinx Haiti with that one.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2015, 06:53:16 PM »
There we go!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2015, 07:00:12 PM »
Big bloodcleet goal. Poise and composure. Well done, Haiti!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2015, 07:01:48 PM »
Excellent individual effort by Nazon... nobody talking about that wrong direction he hit Cummings? Nothing against Quintero's own excellent strike for the Canaleros.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2015, 07:07:23 PM »
Since when Panama got a new coach? Last I knew one of the twin brothers was coaching them.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2015, 07:08:16 PM »
Happy for Haiti but they made too many mistakes.  The victory was there for the taking with a little more composure and without one very bad mistake.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2015, 07:09:10 PM »
Big bloodcleet goal. Poise and composure. Well done, Haiti!
Yea that was was boss

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2015, 07:30:44 PM »
So... this next game should be a beatdown, right?

1]; } ?>