March 28, 2024, 02:20:11 PM

Author Topic: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 82469 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #240 on: July 13, 2015, 08:41:07 PM »
Goal Panama.   If we beat Mexico we could win the Goal Cup.   
Third game they play with fire and get burn.

long way to go still.

Not that far...   ;)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 13, 2015, 08:54:54 PM »
Getting tired of the Panamanians petulant behavior... If de Ref blow, no need to run up in he face every single time. This taking away from their play
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 13, 2015, 08:59:32 PM »
Goal Panama.   If we beat Mexico we could win the Goal Cup.   
Third game they play with fire and get burn.

long way to go still.

Not that far...   ;)

like i was saying....  :whistling:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2015, 09:14:32 PM »
Panama need to stop inching their attacks and just press.  playing to slow in the final third.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2015, 09:23:34 PM »
Panama need to stop inching their attacks and just press.  playing to slow in the final third.

Yep.

Is not like if the forwards not making runs, they just not brave enough to try the pass.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2015, 09:51:27 PM »
Not being accustomed to such interaction ... and trying to understand how ppl could be so festive and happy after a loss).

A few years ago TT was playing US in a WC game in Virginia. Dwight, Latas, Nakhid, Nixon, Rougier,etc. Big Trini crowd there with rhythm section. We lost 2-0. And after game, the crowd come out the stadium. The Trini had the rhythm section going. We heading up to the parking lot. So it have police trying to direction traffic and kind of controlling a well-behaved and festive Trini posse. Ah policemen say, "congratulations, I see you guys won". We answered back, "no officer, we lost". He look very perplexed to say the least.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 14, 2015, 02:49:37 AM »
Thanks guys!
I almost had heart-attack in this game. The two best players walk away from the team  and return to France due to  disagreement with the coach.  One Key midfielder( current PSJ player and former Standard De liege, Jeff-Louis)  and key defense player( Jean Jacques Pierre). As you can see Haiti, had no midfield,  and couldn't play the way we did against the US. We really miss this due in the midfield. I was hopping that all 4 Caribbean teams made it in the second round but it looks like we're going to get 3 out of 4.

Congrats, the better team won on the night.  It's setting up to be possibly [Haiti vs Jamaica] quarter final IF Jamaica finds the will to beat El Salvador tonight. I'm sure both sets of fans(Haitians/Jamaicans) will fancy their team highly against each other. I suspect both Jamaica and Haiti are vastly improved since the last time both teams met in the Caribbean cup semi finals last year.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2015, 04:23:12 AM »
I have been waiting for years to see our Caribbean teams do well,what more can I ask,to see TT,Jamaica and Haiti through to the quarters is magic,would even be better if one of them can win the GC.Our football have suffered for years at the hands of those Central Americans,the table seems to be turning now.I wish TT and Haiti the best but I feel Jamaica will go close,or even win it.
PS.   Panama, i forgot bout them,are they Caribbean or Central Americans,Geography says they are CA,but heritage makes them more kind of Caribbean peeps.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 04:26:41 AM by frico »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 14, 2015, 05:28:31 AM »
Frico, the Central Americans will tell you they suffered at the hands of Jack Warner.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 14, 2015, 05:33:30 AM »
Frico, the Central Americans will tell you they suffered at the hands of Jack Warner.

not like us

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2015, 05:49:43 AM »
Living in England makes it difficult to understand what is happening at home,I used to think that JW was the savior of TT football,as the saying goes "the cat has now been let out the bag";I still feel that we have to knock the cocky Central Americans of their perch,I can see,it's slowly going to happen.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2015, 06:35:59 AM »
I have been waiting for years to see our Caribbean teams do well,what more can I ask,to see TT,Jamaica and Haiti through to the quarters is magic,would even be better if one of them can win the GC.Our football have suffered for years at the hands of those Central Americans,the table seems to be turning now.I wish TT and Haiti the best but I feel Jamaica will go close,or even win it.
PS.   Panama, i forgot bout them,are they Caribbean or Central Americans,Geography says they are CA,but heritage makes them more kind of Caribbean peeps.

Paulo Wanchope, Joel Campbell and Patton Philips(Panama) have acknowledged their Jamaican ancestry. 

Interesting read here about the black population in Costa Rica and its connection to the caribbean.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Costa_Rican

"The largest Costa Rican black community is from the Caribbean, which today constitutes the majority of the Costa Rican black population. Costa Rica has the largest Jamaican diaspora after Cuba and Panama and its development as a nation is witness to his contribution.[3]"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:07:40 AM by reggae-fan »

Online gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2015, 06:40:10 AM »

Indeed. This Gold cup is slowly shaping up to be the Caribbean's coming out party.

Haiti's win yesterday was not only a huge upset to Honduras, but also Central American football. I calling these predictions:

Although Canada is playing like crap, they have a home game and the forecast for today is cool and wet. I think the crowd will get behind Canada. The Canucks will beat the Ticos and send them home on the stopover flight that Honduras will be on.

Jamaica will play very conservative but physical. El Salvador will not be easy to break. All Jamaica needs is a tie. I expect them to get it and win the group.

Canada will get second with a surprise win over Costa Rica. And El Salvador third with a tie to Jamaica.

By the end of this tournament, all of these Central American teams will be referring to Haiti, Jamaica and Trinbago as " the black beasts"..

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2015, 07:00:12 AM »
would this be the first time that more than one CFU team could make the second round of a gold cup
I pity the fool....

Offline silverllama

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 14, 2015, 07:25:33 AM »
would this be the first time that more than one CFU team could make the second round of a gold cup

Great time to do it as well, as it could lead to multiple Caribbean teams in next year's Cops America Centenario. (A s long as it doesn't get cancel)

Online gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 14, 2015, 07:40:47 AM »
Thanks guys!
I almost had heart-attack in this game. The two best players walk away from the team  and return to France due to  disagreement with the coach.  One Key midfielder( current PSJ player and former Standard De liege, Jeff-Louis)  and key defense player( Jean Jacques Pierre). As you can see Haiti, had no midfield,  and couldn't play the way we did against the US. We really miss this due in the midfield. I was hopping that all 4 Caribbean teams made it in the second round but it looks like we're going to get 3 out of 4.

Truehatian, I luv the brand of football that Haiti play. Their style is very attractive. And probably the most entertaining team in the tournament.

My Haitian friend was telling me about a quasi semi pro team in South Florida that acts as a "farm team" to Haiti's national team. Do you know anything about this team? Apparently a few national team players have come from this team..

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2015, 08:53:54 AM »
Not being accustomed to such interaction ... and trying to understand how ppl could be so festive and happy after a loss).

A few years ago TT was playing US in a WC game in Virginia. Dwight, Latas, Nakhid, Nixon, Rougier,etc. Big Trini crowd there with rhythm section. We lost 2-0. And after game, the crowd come out the stadium. The Trini had the rhythm section going. We heading up to the parking lot. So it have police trying to direction traffic and kind of controlling a well-behaved and festive Trini posse. Ah policemen say, "congratulations, I see you guys won". We answered back, "no officer, we lost". He look very perplexed to say the least.

Same exact thing happened in Tennessee after we lost 3-0. A US fan walked up to me and said I admire your country for this, if I didn't know better I would've think you guys won lol.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2015, 09:01:11 AM »
TH, can you provide any insight on how the Haitian federation went about expanding its NT player base with players from Europe?

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2015, 09:26:38 AM »
Living in England makes it difficult to understand what is happening at home,I used to think that JW was the savior of TT football,as the saying goes "the cat has now been let out the bag";I still feel that we have to knock the cocky Central Americans of their perch,I can see,it's slowly going to happen.

Anyone who believes that Jack Warner did nothing for T&T, to a lesser extent Jamaica, and CFU football overall is disillusioned. 

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2015, 09:48:37 AM »
Well speaking of a stronger Caribbean, Suriname has started to change their eligibility laws. As of now it seems that those born in Suriname but moved to the Netherlands are now eligible. But they are still working on changing the laws for those born in the Netherlands of Suriname descent. Coach Dean Gorre has stated that although the team will improve they will also struggle from the lack of funding. This seems like the main problem that holds the Caribbean back. Here's his post yesterday.

https://beta.beanbagsports.com/#post/19252
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:57:02 AM by Dynamite Warrior »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2015, 09:55:57 AM »
Well speaking of a stronger Caribbean, Suriname has started to change their eligibility laws. As of now it seems that those born in Suriname but moved to the Netherlands are now eligible but they are still working on changing the laws for those born in the Netherlands of Suriname descent. Coach Dean Gorre has stated though that the team will improve they will also struggle from the lack of funding that holds the rest of the Caribbean back. Here's his post yesterday.

My uncle has mentioned this to me... Bear in mind, they will attract some very good players back to Suriname .... A force to reckon with in years to come after the law is changed...

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2015, 09:59:49 AM »
Well speaking of a stronger Caribbean, Suriname has started to change their eligibility laws. As of now it seems that those born in Suriname but moved to the Netherlands are now eligible but they are still working on changing the laws for those born in the Netherlands of Suriname descent. Coach Dean Gorre has stated though that the team will improve they will also struggle from the lack of funding that holds the rest of the Caribbean back. Here's his post yesterday.

My uncle has mentioned this to me... Bear in mind, they will attract some very good players back to Suriname .... A force to reckon with in years to come after the law is changed...

More competition is a good thing.  I'm tired of Cuba getting a place in the Gold Cup every year and embarrassing the region. If they get the 4th carib qualifier for the gold cup you are looking at a situation where all nations can realistically go into the tournament with thoughts of making a deep run.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2015, 11:24:42 AM »

Drove from Atlanta for this game w/a crew, was a nice vibe despite the loss.  I could not muster the energy to do the same after losing to Hengerland in Nuremberg
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #263 on: July 14, 2015, 11:36:58 AM »

Drove from Atlanta for this game w/a crew, was a nice vibe despite the loss.  I could not muster the energy to do the same after losing to Hengerland in Nuremberg

me andre samuel, JBD and a few other fellahs lime till 6 am in the morning after nuremberg... we was vex but we still went out and drink and party... best way to console the loss ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 14, 2015, 01:00:40 PM »

That sound very similar to when T&T played at Foxboro.  Same scoreline and almost same players too.

Dat was de famous truetrini "walmart ting" lime.  Pressha!  ;D

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2015, 03:46:31 PM »
You guys think this have something to do with Altidore poor showing vs Haiti...  :devil:

Jozy Altidore out of squad, will not play for USMNT in Gold Cup knockout stage
By Joe Prince-Wright

Jozy Altidore will not play any part in the USMNT’s run to the 2015 Gold Cup final.

Altidore, 25, sent out the following message after the U.S. national team’s group stage campaign came to a close in Kansas City on Monday with the U.S. settling for a 1-1 with Panama.

“Always a pleasure to be a part of  U.S. Soccer all the best to the boys the rest of the way!” Altidore wrote on his Twitter account on Tuesday morning.

The Toronto FC forward failed to score in the two games he played in against Honduras and Haiti. He was replaced at half time against Haiti by Gyasi Zardes and was an unused substitute in the draw with Panama. Altidore suffered a hamstring injury in May but made a speedy recovery to be fit in time for the Gold Cup campaign, however he is lacking match fitness and that was a big reason why he has been released.

Head coach of the U.S. national team Jurgen Klinsmann revealed his decision on Tuesday.

“We believe that Jozy’s just not there yet. Jozy never really got into this tournament and never really picked up the rhythm,” Klinsmann said. “He’s just simply not in the shape right now to help us. For Jozy it’s just simply going back to Toronto, picking up his rhythm, getting in shape, working on his fitness and then he will start scoring goals again. That’s why Alan Gordon was on the standby roster from the beginning and that’s why we brought him in.”

As for the U.S., losing the second-biggest goal threat available to you and the fifth highest scorer in USMNT history — with 27 goals in 83 outings — will no doubt be a blow for the knockout rounds.

Klinsmann announced his new squad in full for the knockout stages of the Gold Cup, as any team reaching the last eight can replace up to six players on their roster for the group stages with members of their provisional roster.

In total there were there changes with Gordon coming in for Altidore, DaMarcus Beasley for Greg Garza and Joe Corona replaces Alfredo Morales in midfield.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2015, 03:51:36 PM »
Anybody have a projected chart as to who will be meeting who based on the wins etc?  Want to dream a lil bit while cutting video.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2015, 04:05:20 PM »

I'm tired of Cuba getting a place in the Gold Cup every year and embarrassing the region. If they get the 4th carib qualifier for the gold cup you are looking at a situation where all nations can realistically go into the tournament with thoughts of making a deep run.

This might be surprising to you but believe it or not Cuba is not yet eliminated and can still get with a win today. In group A, Panama sits with 3 points and +0 goal, If Cuba win the game 9-0 LOL , they're in . They will have 3 points +1 goal and will win the third best spot over Panama and Guatemala

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2015, 04:24:55 PM »
Any link for Jam town?   

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2015, 06:11:46 PM »
QF: Jamaica vs Haiti, winner advances to Semi final.

1]; } ?>