March 28, 2024, 04:55:34 PM

Author Topic: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 82481 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #330 on: July 16, 2015, 04:03:02 PM »
Warriors to face Haitians in Copa 2016
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago senior national football team will face Caribbean rivals Haiti for a place in the 2016 Copa Centro Americano.

The special 100th edition of the Copa, to be held in the United States next year, will see the senior national football teams of 10 South Americans nations, facing the best six in the CONCACAF region.

South America will be represented by Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Chile, Bolivia, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela and Ecuador.

Already qualified from CONCACAF are Mexico (Automatic qualifier), the United States (Automatic qualifier/host), Costa Rica (2014 Central America champions) and Jamaica, as 2014 Caribbean champions.

The final two CONCACAF qualifiers will be decided by two playoffs among four quarter-finalist of the 2015 CONCACAAF Gold Cup.

Trinidad and Tobago, the second-highest FIFA ranked CONCACAF team not yet qualified, will face third-highest ranked non qualifier Haiti, while top-ranked non-qualifier Panama face whichever of Guatemala/Cuba or El Salvador also reached the Gold Cup quarters. The two series winners will join the other four CONCACAF teams in the competition.''

What if T&T or Haiti win the Gold cup.. will the they still have to play each other for spot into the COPA America or will they go to the next highest rank team

I find this qualification process very confusing .... They have not explained it properly ...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 16, 2015, 04:04:33 PM »
We blew our chance in Montego Bay last year. But I thought if we were to win the Gold Cup or runners up we in Copa America.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:08:15 PM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #332 on: July 16, 2015, 04:10:22 PM »
We blew our chance in Montego Bay last year. But I thought if we were to win the Gold Cup or runners up we in Copa America.

We will be there.. We need that prep for wcq

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 16, 2015, 04:10:59 PM »
it's not easy to beat the jamaicans at home. many have tried including the great usa mexico and coata rica and failed miserably.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 16, 2015, 04:12:43 PM »
Now Ariel Martinez abandon Cuba.
http://futbol.univision.com/article/2403018/2015-07-16/copa-oro/cuba/ariel-martinez-tambien-abandona-la

Just when you thought he wouldn't do it, he did. After all, he's been here several times and did not go for it. Some days ago he declared strenuously that he wouldn't. And, after being influential in qualifying for the quarters one would think he would stick around. BUT, here's the thing ... Cuba are unlikely to defeat the US, and once they lose they have to pack up. Logistically, it might have been easier for him to defect now.

Yesterday, I noticed that his play was really audacious and individualistic, especially after Reyes scored. Any bet he's been thinking about the shop window and the clock ticking on his career. Some of the past defectors have ended up at the Charleston Battery. He'll land on hi$ feet.

Also an interesting dynamic seeing some of the fans flying the Cuban flag during the game. I wouldn't bet against a contingent from South Florida working a sort of "underground railway" network, chipping away slowly at the idea.

These guys have torn allegiances. They have an allegiance to their country, but they also figure they have an allegiance to themselves. Article says he was crying on the bus on the way back to the hotel, then on arrival took off running until he disappeared from sight.

Here we are 56 years later and Cubans are still defecting, both Castros are alive, and the current president wasn't even born when the "revolution" began.

If a player as senior as Martinez could bolt, the whole squad could bounce.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #335 on: July 16, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »
Now Ariel Martinez abandon Cuba.
http://futbol.univision.com/article/2403018/2015-07-16/copa-oro/cuba/ariel-martinez-tambien-abandona-la

Just when you thought he wouldn't do it, he did. After all, he's been here several times and did not go for it. Some days ago he declared strenuously that he wouldn't. And, after being influential in qualifying for the quarters one would think he would stick around. BUT, here's the thing ... Cuba are unlikely to defeat the US, and once they lose they have to pack up. Logistically, it might have been easier for him to defect now.

Yesterday, I noticed that his play was really audacious and individualistic, especially after Reyes scored. Any bet he's been thinking about the shop window and the clock ticking on his career. Some of the past defectors have ended up at the Charleston Battery. He'll land on hi$ feet.

Also an interesting dynamic seeing some of the fans flying the Cuban flag during the game. I wouldn't bet against a contingent from South Florida working a sort of "underground railway" network, chipping away slowly at the idea.

These guys have torn allegiances. They have an allegiance to their country, but they also figure they have an allegiance to themselves. Article says he was crying on the bus on the way back to the hotel, then on arrival took off running until he disappeared from sight.

Here we are 56 years later and Cubans are still defecting, both Castros are alive, and the current president wasn't even born when the "revolution" began.

If a player as senior as Martinez could bolt, the whole squad could bounce.

I always wondered what post Castro would be like...

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Quarterfinals Section at Metlife Stadium.. who there?
« Reply #336 on: July 16, 2015, 08:32:43 PM »
I'll be in section 116, but I will meet you guys in sects 126. Would be cool to catch up with some of you. It's been years dread.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:48:43 PM by Trini Madness »
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 16, 2015, 09:30:55 PM »
it's not easy to beat the jamaicans at home. many have tried including the great usa mexico and coata rica and failed miserably.

TT did before in the Shell cup. Sancho and Tim Kee confrontation screw up them boys head in Mobay.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:33:16 PM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2015, 06:04:18 AM »
Good luck to the team and have a safe time everyone.

Unfortunately I am finishing a course and starting a residential camp on Sunday, so I will not be able to join. I am devastated. Had my eye on this quarterfinal location for some time  :-[

Football-related?

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2015, 06:07:16 AM »
I will be there

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2015, 06:27:04 AM »

Unfortunately I am finishing a course and starting a residential camp on Sunday, so I will not be able to join. I am devastated. Had my eye on this quarterfinal location for some time  :-[

Football-related?

Yeah at Hicksville, NY for the NSCAA National and then going straight to a residential camp in Highstown, NJ. Just finished one in Stony Brook. This has been an exhausting week.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2015, 06:39:58 AM »

Football-related?

Yeah at Hicksville, NY for the NSCAA National and then going straight to a residential camp in Highstown, NJ. Just finished one in Stony Brook. This has been an exhausting week.

Knock dem dead, FF. Best of luck. There's time to rest after.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:26:44 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 17, 2015, 07:29:09 AM »
I in 123!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2015, 11:34:25 AM »
I will be there

like rain fall boi!

is real old-school I see coming out dey hole! U, palas, injun.. etc

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2015, 01:10:55 PM »
I will be there

like rain fall boi!

is real old-school I see coming out dey hole! U, palas, injun.. etc

:D i was now thinking that...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 17, 2015, 01:20:19 PM »
Have respect for your elders. Some of you were not born when we took rain and Sun supporting this National side. From avoiding police horses at the Grand stand to PSA  and then the stadium If the truth be told the best ballers were playing at the Grand stand - savannah

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 17, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »
 :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 17, 2015, 02:14:31 PM »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 17, 2015, 02:19:12 PM »
Yeah Jumbie.. I finally crawl back out the hole. I still pop in every couple weeks, but don't post, still following the warriors and princesses.. Warrior till ah dead.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 17, 2015, 02:39:21 PM »
imagine that power ranked #2!  Going in we all hoped the team would do well but most weren't optimistic at all. 

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 17, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »
Jamaica Obsever reports,Mexico vs TT as a "Wild Affair",all other journalists in the region describes the match as,the best ever match in the history of the cup.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 17, 2015, 03:09:51 PM »
aaaaaaahhhhh yeeeesss.....feels like old times again....wish I was there....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 17, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »
What's the plan for the lime before the game?  Debating if I should drive or take the train up there.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 17, 2015, 04:17:31 PM »
imagine that power ranked #2!  Going in we all hoped the team would do well but most weren't optimistic at all. 

I know. The expectations are getting higher. I read one article which named TT as the team to beat. Many analysts predicted TT to squeeze into the knockout round.. Now some are predicting us to finish 3rd or even 2nd. I hope these predictions don't put too much pressure on the warriors/black beast.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No change for Warrior squad; Hart reveals highs and lows of Gold Cup campaign
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

“Soca Warriors” coach Stephen Hart has opted not to replace injured goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams as the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team heads into the knockout phase of the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.
The Warriors face Panama from 4.30 pm on Sunday July 19 and all teams have the option to change three players with alternatives from their 35-man shortlist. The United States, Jamaica, Haiti and Costa Rica took advantage of the opportunity.
But Hart explained that, with the Pro League in its off season and his stand-by players on vacation, it made little sense to alter his squad.
“It is hard to introduce anyone else,” Hart told Wired868. “It is not like we have a league home and people are playing. That is one of the reasons I wanted people training with me, even if they were not selected.
“I have two goalkeepers here I trust, so I will take a chance.”
Hart’s decision appears to rule out a call-up for North East Stars goalkeeper Cleon John, whose last competitive game was two months ago. At present, Point Fortin Civic custodian Marvin Phillip is first choice with Police FC’s Adrian Foncette as deputy.
Hart denied that his squad had any special motivation against Panama, although the Central American nation reneged on a pre-arranged international friendly against the Warriors last month to play two games against Ecuador.
It forced the Warriors into a hastily arranged friendly away to Curaçao, which they lost 1-0.
However, the Trinidad and Tobago claimed there were no hard feelings and suggested that Panama is one of the hardest opponents in the knock out stage, although “Los Canaleros” drew all three group stage matches against the United States, Haiti and Honduras respectively.
“The past is the past,” said Hart. “Panama looked the best out of the third placed teams we could have faced. Costa Rica is certainly struggling and not at their best moment…
“To end up (drawn against) last Gold Cup’s finalist is going to be a challenge.”
Even as football fans swoon over Trinidad and Tobago’s performances at the Gold Cup, the pragmatic Hart admitted his own feelings were mixed.
In emotional terms, the Warriors are in a fantastic place.
“Their response has been tremendous,” said Hart, who also took Trinidad and Tobago to the 2013 Gold Cup quarterfinals. “It is as if something inside them has been awakened and they now recognise their potential.”
But, after spending the last six weeks trying to implement a 4-3-3 formation, Hart said that, for periods against Guatemala and Cuba and for the entire Mexico match, he returned to the 4-2-3-1 system, which was tailor-made for the absent Kevin Molino.
“We were losing shape and balance too easily,” said Hart, “so we reverted back to what players felt more comfortable with.”
Hart admitted to being frustrated at a lack of international friendlies, which meant less time to prepare his players. And, despite being unbeaten at the Gold Cup, he is dissatisfied with their tactical play thus far.
“Tactically, we have a long way to go,” he told Wired868. “We need to possess the ball better to attack the weak side of opponents. We also need to press more effectively when the ball is in wide areas, denying easy crossing opportunities.”
As football fans cheered during Trinidad and Tobago’s 4-4 draw with Mexico, which was described as the greatest Gold Cup game ever, Hart was going berserk on the touchline.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2015/07/17/no-change-for-warrior-squad-hart-reveals-highs-and-lows-of-gcup-campaign/

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #355 on: July 17, 2015, 05:25:01 PM »
Have some forumites gonna be in 309...I'll be I believe in 204 with a bredrin. But what I wanted to share is that in section E10 I believe in the parking lot I was informed a crew by the name TrinJersey gonna start d vibes from 12 with iron and pan etc...tailgate vibes. So walk with some food/drinks etc and hold a vibes. Link up would be good to meet all the fantasy league victims
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 17, 2015, 06:18:15 PM »
would like the ticos to rid us of the mexicans......not because I thank they are easier, but like the Mexican fans to get a good kick in the teeth for being such vile pricks

and I would prefer a slightly different test for the boys
I pity the fool....

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 17, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
Would like T&T to win it all and money pumped into the program with checks and balances.

Doh wake meh up.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 17, 2015, 09:50:45 PM »
Change of plans!! I've been moved to another camp location which starts on Monday, so as long as my course finishes on time, I go be in the ramajay!!  :wavetowel:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
please mr hart don't give up on us either. we can't deal with another coach coming in to take us to the world cup even though i know you are frustrated and fed up with the lackluster approach of our lack of technology. this will only kill the fans and the players so i hope you put up with the TTFA and the government for a little while longer. better days are coming. mr timkee please work with the coach and sort these things out mate.

1]; } ?>