March 28, 2024, 02:33:30 PM

Author Topic: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 82471 times)

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Quarterfinals Section at Metlife Stadium.. who there?
« Reply #360 on: July 18, 2015, 08:00:16 AM »
Have some forumites gonna be in 309...I'll be I believe in 204 with a bredrin. But what I wanted to share is that in section E10 I believe in the parking lot I was informed a crew by the name TrinJersey gonna start d vibes from 12 with iron and pan etc...tailgate vibes. So walk with some food/drinks etc and hold a vibes. Link up would be good to meet all the fantasy league victims

Thanks for the heads regarding the TrinJersey crew in the parking lot. I'm bringing my sons and this would be great for them to experience. Few people will also be in section 319

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 18, 2015, 11:19:07 AM »
hmmmmmm trinjersey crew  :) :) :) will be there strong and tran am from brooklyn will link up

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #362 on: July 18, 2015, 03:21:27 PM »
anyone has link for cuba usa game?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 18, 2015, 03:48:30 PM »

look highlights here:

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 18, 2015, 04:21:52 PM »

look highlights here:

lol u's ah real backside u know dread
I pity the fool....

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 18, 2015, 06:07:15 PM »
yuh have yuh baseball lol
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #366 on: July 18, 2015, 06:46:52 PM »
Now Ariel Martinez abandon Cuba.
http://futbol.univision.com/article/2403018/2015-07-16/copa-oro/cuba/ariel-martinez-tambien-abandona-la

Just when you thought he wouldn't do it, he did. After all, he's been here several times and did not go for it. Some days ago he declared strenuously that he wouldn't. And, after being influential in qualifying for the quarters one would think he would stick around. BUT, here's the thing ... Cuba are unlikely to defeat the US, and once they lose they have to pack up. Logistically, it might have been easier for him to defect now.

Yesterday, I noticed that his play was really audacious and individualistic, especially after Reyes scored. Any bet he's been thinking about the shop window and the clock ticking on his career. Some of the past defectors have ended up at the Charleston Battery. He'll land on hi$ feet.

Also an interesting dynamic seeing some of the fans flying the Cuban flag during the game. I wouldn't bet against a contingent from South Florida working a sort of "underground railway" network, chipping away slowly at the idea.

These guys have torn allegiances. They have an allegiance to their country, but they also figure they have an allegiance to themselves. Article says he was crying on the bus on the way back to the hotel, then on arrival took off running until he disappeared from sight.

Here we are 56 years later and Cubans are still defecting, both Castros are alive, and the current president wasn't even born when the "revolution" began.

If a player as senior as Martinez could bolt, the whole squad could bounce.

I always wondered what post Castro would be like...

btw what is the policy now that 'normal' relations are being established if they make it on shore? will they get to ask for asylum still or will they get sent back like Haitians for example.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #367 on: July 18, 2015, 06:47:42 PM »
can't see the game, but Haiti has 8 shots to Jamaicas 1 and Jamaica scored.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 18, 2015, 06:49:42 PM »

btw what is the policy now that 'normal' relations are being established if they make it on shore? will they get to ask for asylum still or will they get sent back like Haitians for example.

Them does vote republican...    ::)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 18, 2015, 06:56:03 PM »
Based on all the international football we've seen this summer, I'm beginning to wonder if we will be able to associate countries with styles going forward.

Every team is looking to be organized, every team is dropping back 2 lines of defenders and trying to be compact. These fellas on tv describe play as if its a formula. Bring the ball wide, cross to the far post, take the shot across the keeper. It's all about the percentages.

Are the numbers ruining the beautiful game? Would a Valderrama or Riquelme have a place in the modern game?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 18, 2015, 07:07:41 PM »

Get in while the going is good. The Cuban Adjustment Act is still in effect despite recent adjustments in US policy.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 18, 2015, 07:43:47 PM »
i have to concur with somebody on here who say Haiti 1 Kenwyn Jones away from being a good side. I hope they scour the top leagues of the world lookin for heritage and find him.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 07:47:15 PM by kounty »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 18, 2015, 07:57:26 PM »
congrats Jam Rock...Beat USA!!!! (lewwe have a rematch of the Caribbean cup).

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 18, 2015, 07:58:06 PM »
congrats jamaica well played...........jose would be proud
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 18, 2015, 07:58:52 PM »
That game was terrible. It was like watching a yellow 2012 Champions league Chelsea.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 18, 2015, 07:59:30 PM »
In the words of Big Magician " F***ck JA

But it might be the only time I will cheer fuh dem to buss the other Dinks usa

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 18, 2015, 08:04:20 PM »
I really didn't care who win between Ja and Haiti. Haiti had ALOT of opportunities to equalize and they could not find the net. They didn't deserve to win

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 18, 2015, 08:18:11 PM »
Haiti squandered a lot of scoring opportunities in this tournament, they do well to build the play but the decision making and technique in front the goal is their weakness.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 18, 2015, 08:28:03 PM »
Do what you have to do to win, this
That game was terrible. It was like watching a yellow 2012 Champions league Chelsea.

Do what is necessary to win...Haiti was chasing the game after the 7 minutes, The onus was on them to score...JA's sole task was to prevent them scoring. Mission accomplished. JA's third string goalie stepped up to the plate and kept two successive clean sheets, they lost two key defenders this week trough injuries and disciplinary problems, they lost a key midfielder and striker also this week due to suspensions. All part of the game, everyone got a chance to contribute. Plaers like Austin, McCleary, et played 3 toughs games in the COPA, followed by what will now be 6 games in the Gold cup. 9 international games in the space of 35 days.

Strong defense is needed to make a deep run into any tournament. We will continue to bank on this aspect of our game to bring us as far as it can, while scoring when the opportunity presents itself. 2 gaols conceded in the tournament so far, one of the best defensive units in the the tournament.

Still two more games to go, and a guarantee of at least a 4th place finish.  Ill be in the Georgia Dome on Wednesday to cheer on the boyz...its been a long summer for most of the players..and fans.  Good luck vs USA, but the tactics have to be spot on to come away with anything...theres plenty at stake for both teams.

Hard luck Haiti, Cuba, good luck T&T vs Panama.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:53:25 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 18, 2015, 08:46:23 PM »
i have to concur with somebody on here who say Haiti 1 Kenwyn Jones away from being a good side. I hope they scour the top leagues of the world lookin for heritage and find him.

If yuh mean dis ... sure KJ, Balo ... either one will do.  ;D Fuh real, Haiti could have changed half the face of this tournament.

10 Haitians + a ruthless well-applied Balotelli and the US gone to Belgroves long time.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 18, 2015, 08:57:30 PM »

reggae-fan I really hope JA don't intend to play the US like they played Haiti today. Because America will beat JA like a runaway slave if JA try that approach in Atlanta

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 18, 2015, 09:04:19 PM »
Change of plans!! I've been moved to another camp location which starts on Monday, so as long as my course finishes on time, I go be in the ramajay!!  :wavetowel:

Like yuh make some novena  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 18, 2015, 09:04:47 PM »
aaaaaaahhhhh yeeeesss.....feels like old times again....wish I was there....

CO-SIGNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 18, 2015, 09:09:57 PM »
In the Copa America, JA defended one goal deficits without conceding another ... so yuh never know. Yeah they were behind then, but they have put dong a pretty good body of work in terms of soaking up pressure. But yeah, risky still.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2015, 09:25:51 PM »

reggae-fan I really hope JA don't intend to play the US like they played Haiti today. Because America will beat JA like a runaway slave if JA try that approach in Atlanta

The coach knows best sir.  I trust in him to employ the right tactics for the necessary outcome. He has been spot n so far.  I believe the USA will be up for a tough game...Jamaica needs not divert from the way they have played so far, strong in defence and disciplined in midfield will keep the game close.

Cuba has been poor all tournament, save for that one game vs Guatemala, who has been equally as poor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XImSohZoifY
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:29:28 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2015, 09:30:00 PM »

The coach knows best sir.  I trust in him to employ the right tactics for the necessary outcome. He has been spot n so far.  I believe the USA will be up for a tough game...Jamaica needs not divert from the way they have played so far, strong in defence and disciplined in midfield will keep the game close.

Cuba has been poor all tournament, save for that one game vs Guatemala, who has been equally as poor.

OK so let we see if JA so called disciplined defense will give the US so many open opportunities in front their goal like they did against Haiti and expect the same result as today. Go brave!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2015, 09:34:11 PM »

OK so let we see if JA so called disciplined defense will give the US so many open opportunities in front their goal like they did against Haiti and expect the same result as today. Go brave!

the coaching staff will review the tapes of the USA and do whatever is necessary. We played an attacking game vs Costa rica and scored two goals...a more disciplined approach is needed vs the USA, the opponents must be respected.  The coach knows our strengths, and our weaknesses, so we play to our strengths.  Of course, the USA starts favorites...they are stillfavorites to play in the final with Mexico. Respect the opponents.

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2015, 09:40:32 PM »
we coming from maryland to vibes it up
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2015, 09:50:28 PM »

the coaching staff will review the tapes of the USA and do whatever is necessary. We played an attacking game vs Costa rica and scored two goals...a more disciplined approach is needed vs the USA, the opponents must be respected.  The coach knows our strengths, and our weaknesses, so we play to our strengths.  Of course, the USA starts favorites...they are stillfavorites to play in the final with Mexico. Respect the opponents.

Wishing the boyz the best but gotta play better than today..

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 19, 2015, 03:06:53 AM »
cuba should be banned by the cfu from taking part in this gold cup. their lacks attitude have delivered the golden boot in the hands of clint dempsey by giving this slog a trick and a six goal tally. i could honestly say that guatemala would not have lied down and took such a trashing. shame on this team. i hope to never see them again until they are serious about representing the region instead of using the competition to further their personal ambitions by defecting.

1]; } ?>