March 28, 2024, 03:07:31 PM

Author Topic: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 82474 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #390 on: July 19, 2015, 03:20:23 AM »
Jamaica, one can tell they have more in their tank. However.

1. After they scored they try to just play procession football and not burn out themselves. Remember, they have a German coach and they are known for strong defensively tactics, hence the reason JA conceding the least goals (+2) in the tournament group stage alongside USA. But its sad in a way, because Jamaica flair they had has gone. The days of attractive football with the likes of Theodore Withmore, Gregory Messam, Andy Williams and Walter Boyd has gone.

2. They almost paid the price though, because as terribly as Haiti were all tournament in front of goal, had they been on target, Jamaica plan could have backed fire.

Kemar Lawrence is a solid left back.

Darren Mattocks was missed.

Lance Laing was effective when he came on.

McAnuff was not his usual self.

Austin was decent in the midfield.

Of all the Jamaican foreign born players (Morgan, Hector, Grant, Dawkins),,,, McAnuff, McCleary, Barnes and Adrian Mariappa looks the best.

I can see, Cuba getting ban from the US one day, that defecting of players is not good.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:28:15 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Quarterfinals Section at Metlife Stadium.. who there?
« Reply #391 on: July 19, 2015, 03:38:53 AM »
Looking forward to meeting my fellow formites later and taking in a boss game of football! Loud and proud today...man hadda find some face paint!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 19, 2015, 03:39:21 AM »
*forumites

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 19, 2015, 04:37:38 AM »
Jamaica, one can tell they have more in their tank. However.

1. After they scored they try to just play procession football and not burn out themselves. Remember, they have a German coach and they are known for strong defensively tactics, hence the reason JA conceding the least goals (+2) in the tournament group stage alongside USA. But its sad in a way, because Jamaica flair they had has gone. The days of attractive football with the likes of Theodore Withmore, Gregory Messam, Andy Williams and Walter Boyd has gone.

2. They almost paid the price though, because as terribly as Haiti were all tournament in front of goal, had they been on target, Jamaica plan could have backed fire.

Kemar Lawrence is a solid left back.

Darren Mattocks was missed.

Lance Laing was effective when he came on.

McAnuff was not his usual self.

Austin was decent in the midfield.

Of all the Jamaican foreign born players (Morgan, Hector, Grant, Dawkins),,,, McAnuff, McCleary, Barnes and Adrian Mariappa looks the best.

I can see, Cuba getting ban from the US one day, that defecting of players is not good.

Some good observations.  Haiti came into this game with momentum behind them, having secured their spot on the last day of group play. The media was behind them, suddenly they were everyone favorites to beat Jamaica. 

Schaeffer is a tactician.  Analyses Jamaica's games in the group stages, wide open game vs Costa Rica, scored 2 conceded 2. Next game vs Canada tactics changed, more of a possession game, bulk of possession, left it late to notch the winner, secured qualification, then in the final game, again they switched off, allowing the Salvadorans tonattack while looking to break on the counter. Another victory.

Whereas Mexico sent a B team to the Copa, Jamaica sent the bulk of the squad that's at the currently goal cup. Schaeffer himself acknowledged that he would have to employ he necessary tactics to prevent player burnout.  Its not easy playing two international football tournaments over a 30 day timespan.

Normally energetic players such as Austin was a shadow of himself last night.  Then they have to hop onto another flight to play in the stifling heat of Atlanta again on Wednesday, then back to the North east after that for the final/third place game.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:24:46 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 19, 2015, 06:37:11 AM »
cuba should be banned by the cfu from taking part in this gold cup. their lacks attitude have delivered the golden boot in the hands of clint dempsey by giving this slog a trick and a six goal tally. i could honestly say that guatemala would not have lied down and took such a trashing. shame on this team. i hope to never see them again until they are serious about representing the region instead of using the competition to further their personal ambitions by defecting.

Ah feel yuh. It's a contribution that echoes recent comments by Dynamite Warrior.

Basically US law and policy is kicking up a backlash of consequences regarding the game on the field.

One could ask: wth did they need visas anyway when they could just otherwise reach and stay in the US even if not arriving at an official port of entry. (Just highlighting the gap in reality and policy). If their admission could have been facilitated earlier, we hope they wouldn't have taken 6 in their opening match.

Dey get blows for late arrivals and dey get blows for early departures (defectors). Untenable issue.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:38:48 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Fensic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 19, 2015, 07:58:57 AM »
I go be dey too - Section 115C Row 3. Cyar give de seat number. Potential assassins.

Warriors all de way!  :duel: :busshead: :challenge: :shameonyou:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 19, 2015, 09:27:42 AM »
I go be dey too - Section 115C Row 3. Cyar give de seat number. Potential assassins.

i from Belmont ah farse...why would somebody want to assassinate you ? an why would i want to meet you if i will potentially get assassinated too, and i don't know why ? :devil:

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 19, 2015, 10:36:49 AM »

i from Belmont ah farse...why would somebody want to assassinate you ? an why would i want to meet you if i will potentially get assassinated too, and i don't know why ? :devil:

Well look trouble...eh I taking security wuk yuh know...guntas security at your service! Payment in rum!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 19, 2015, 11:15:12 AM »
Time for another country to host the Gold Cup. Cuba will actually focus on playing ball.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #399 on: July 19, 2015, 11:16:20 AM »
Now get a call d rhythm by E11 and 12 in the parking lot. Mexicans done take E10.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 19, 2015, 11:28:25 AM »
Anyone here willing to entertain the thought of an all Caribbean showdown for the third place game? The football gods would really need to smile down hard for us to have even one team in the championship game...I anticipate they will be using referees from UNCAF and Canada for the semis... expect them to be pro US/Mex/CRC/PAN and anti JAM/T&T
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:31:39 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #401 on: July 19, 2015, 11:37:03 AM »
Now get a call d rhythm by E11 and 12 in the parking lot. Mexicans done take E10.
well ! leh we hear or see something nah!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 19, 2015, 11:39:23 AM »
Just got here .. Line at E11

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #403 on: July 19, 2015, 12:08:58 PM »
Just got here .. Line at E11

What is the percentage of trinis..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #404 on: July 19, 2015, 12:19:43 PM »
Anyone here willing to entertain the thought of an all Caribbean showdown for the third place game? The football gods would really need to smile down hard for us to have even one team in the championship game...I anticipate they will be using referees from UNCAF and Canada for the semis... expect them to be pro US/Mex/CRC/PAN and anti JAM/T&T

Isn't that always the case for Caribbean teams?  ;)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 19, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »
Allyuh post some live pics nah!!!! Is a tusty scene right now for something live.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 19, 2015, 08:12:10 PM »
Campbell nearly beaks tru the whole side and score yes!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 19, 2015, 08:24:45 PM »
Nah nah - what a way for CR to lose the game! Yuh know is time to look at other countries hosting this CUp?  Think of all the venues they using in the states? Why can't tne Caribbean host it and have different groups in different countries and then the quarters semis and finals in you guess it

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 19, 2015, 08:29:59 PM »
Nah nah - what a way for CR to lose the game! Yuh know is time to look at other countries hosting this CUp?  Think of all the venues they using in the states? Why can't tne Caribbean host it and have different groups in different countries and then the quarters semis and finals in you guess it
you see how full that stadium was? And tickets sold in USD. Thaz all you need to know.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 19, 2015, 08:31:18 PM »
Concacaf officials always want a USA/Mexico finals. 

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 19, 2015, 08:34:44 PM »
The ref gift them a penalty yes.  Heartbreak for Costa Rica.  I feel my hate for Mexico building once again.
Just in time for the road to the WC.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 19, 2015, 09:14:39 PM »
The ref gift them a penalty yes.  Heartbreak for Costa Rica.  I feel my hate for Mexico building once again.

Couldn't depend on the penalty lottery to ensure the US-Mexico final...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #412 on: July 19, 2015, 09:22:37 PM »
That was a thief...

Anyways TT was practising penalties before the match and Cyrus take a brilliant one to end the video from Fuentes so it was funny to see him using an injury as to why he kick overbars

With Trinidad they can play brilliant one minute and the next they play a game you would not expect, like tonight..

The most beautiful game, filled with corruption...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #413 on: July 19, 2015, 09:27:46 PM »

The gold cup wasn't created for a team like Trinidad to win... That's the facts

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 20, 2015, 08:50:49 AM »

Couldn't depend on the penalty lottery to ensure the US-Mexico final...

Da ref is ah nastiness jedd!!!!

Yo is leave you and soldya left or allyuh was watchin from somewhere else?  Yuh kno is only after allyuh leave I realize is you and yuh soldya padna!  An I eh even get to tell him "thanks for your services" :rotfl:

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 20, 2015, 09:38:06 AM »

could you blame them? there was barely 2000 trinis in the stadium yesterday which is a hop skip and a jump from new york city where over a millions trinidadians reside. could you imagine a trinidad tobago vs jamaica final in pensylvania or georgia, who would attend? i saw more east indians from trinidad at that game than any other demographic from trinbago, who said indians don't like football? football is about money and there must be either a mexican or an american team in the final to make it feasible and i certainly don't blame them. by the way mexico was the better team hands down and the referee probably did them a favor by not prolonging the inevitable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 20, 2015, 09:40:34 AM »
Just saw highlights of the Mexico vs. Costa Rica game.....ah hope dey ban that referee for life!!!!...... :cursing: :cursing: :yellowcard: :bs:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 20, 2015, 09:41:11 AM »
by the way the referee in our game was simply the most biased ref i have seen in a while. he gave us no calls even when the two jones were fouled out of their minds. it was really lousy officiating.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #418 on: July 20, 2015, 09:44:06 AM »

could you blame them? there was barely 2000 trinis in the stadium yesterday which is a hop skip and a jump from new york city where over a millions trinidadians reside. could you imagine a trinidad tobago vs jamaica final in pensylvania or georgia, who would attend? i saw more east indians from trinidad at that game than any other demographic from trinbago, who said indians don't like football? football is about money and there must be either a mexican or an american team in the final to make it feasible and i certainly don't blame them. by the way mexico was the better team hands down and the referee probably did them a favor by not prolonging the inevitable.

East Indians from Trinidad? Why not just say trinis were there.. Most trinis i know were watching the match on tv but I think we could have pulled a bigger fan base in Toronto than New York.. Just need time to promote it..

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2015, 10:05:38 AM »

East Indians from Trinidad? Why not just say trinis were there.. Most trinis i know were watching the match on tv but I think we could have pulled a bigger fan base in Toronto than New York.. Just need time to promote it..
ok mate so that you know there's nothing to what i said, my nan is trinidadian indian which make my mom dougla, and i was born and raised in trinidad but spend most my life in england. can we go back to football now?

1]; } ?>