March 28, 2024, 06:01:34 AM

Author Topic: What about some added incentive for de boys?  (Read 4584 times)

Offline TriniFootballFan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
What about some added incentive for de boys?
« on: October 21, 2005, 09:09:47 AM »
We all know dem Barrainians go get Benz and a million $$ an all kinda shite as incentive thrown at dem by dey gov't for dese 2 games. Doh be surprised how dat could make a man run jus a lil harder.

Why no word yet from any quarters in Trini - Gov't, business, Jack?? - regarding incetnive for our players. Offer dem fellahs something now nah man...doh wait til after. Some nice plot ah land, some $$$, TSTT:free service for life, come man dis is de CHANCE OF A LIFETIME for some upliftment, name recognition etc for Trini...leh we give dem fellahs some extra motivation nah man!!!

I an alll would put a lil something in de kitty. Not like Yorke and a few others need it but still!!

TFF
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 02:39:13 PM by Tallman »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: What about some added incentive for de boys?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 09:22:19 AM »
Dem ent need nuttin extra....Just the chance to play in a WC is sufficient.

They doing it for country not self.

National duty and a sense of Pride is the biggest reward they can ever get.

Give them a Trinity cross or hummingbird medal....thing money Cyar buy.

Also for Certain players on the field money is not a issue.......else they wouldnt of come back to play for us. It is all about fulfilling a dream, that in itself is enough to make man give they all.

They playing for contract, future, and for the 1 million of us here and for the rest of Concacaf.

Last thing.........Is only Jackass yuh does hadda dangle Carrot in front to make them perform.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 09:23:55 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 09:52:50 AM »
Dem ent need nuttin extra....Just the chance to play in a WC is sufficient.

They doing it for country not self.

National duty and a sense of Pride is the biggest reward they can ever get.

Give them a Trinity cross or hummingbird medal....thing money Cyar buy.

Also for Certain players on the field money is not a issue.......else they wouldnt of come back to play for us. It is all about fulfilling a dream, that in itself is enough to make man give they all.

They playing for contract, future, and for the 1 million of us here and for the rest of Concacaf.

Last thing.........Is only Jackass yuh does hadda dangle Carrot in front to make them perform. ;D

valid point man. also the chance to go down in the history books as being the FIRST team from T&T to make it should be incentive enuf for them.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 10:13:41 AM »
yea true, times very different now to strike squad days when we had lots on incentives.
Them days, man used to have to travel home after game, and they were not full time pros.

Bahrain now is exactly like how T&T was in 89.
So similar in so many ways.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 10:23:30 AM »
Good point Touches.

But it have a flip side to dat coin. It doesn't necessarily have to be about dagling a carrot to make them perform. It could be about showing some appreciation for their efforts and sacrifices.

Just another way to look at it.

Respect.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 10:30:38 AM »
Very true slates,

and I thought about that..........but given the present state of the Team, we doe even have sponsors willing to come on board and help the team prepare.

So if you not helping the side prepare, how yuh could play yuh giving prize after the fact.

Appreciation would be giving the side sponsorship...rewarding them all now, when they are most in need.

But I understand your point..........come like a Thank you of sorts!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 10:38:47 AM »
I agree with slates. Touches they will give after the fact because they are waggonists' and as such will want to jump on board after confirmation of WC is in hand.  They may claim once bitten twice shy, I think it is more  gun-shy.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 10:40:11 AM »
I feel yuh.

And that is where de term "WAGGONIST" comes in. Let's see what happens after they qualify. Let's see if and how Corporate T&T reacts. Let's see if sponsorship and endorsements will follow.

Didn't TSTT do something with Latas? Have they done so with anyone else before?
Toujour Pret!

Offline TriniFootballFan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 11:16:47 AM »
Touches,

I agree with yuh...of course national pride etc comes first but nothing wrong with a lil extra motivation and appreciation.

Who have more national pride etc than US...but guess wha...their players all had monetary incentives to qualify for the world cup and dey even strike to increase the amts.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 11:28:11 AM »
ah putting something even if it small....23 doubles and 23 apple j....come on lads
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 11:48:03 AM »
How about a little show of appreciation....set the president!

Let it be proclaimed that these players be entitled to a pass for two (VIP section, or any section they choose) for the rest of their lives, regarding all football games to be played in T&T.  Official badges bearing Coat of Arms can  be made indicating world cup 2006.

Oh lawd...Look  at bacchanal!  ....I can just imagine all kinda man wid badges saying dey is Latapy, or Stern, or Shaka....imagine a black man saying he is ...Yes meh muml!

Luv U T&T

MickeyRat

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 11:54:28 AM »

Gone are the days when we would give land or free airline tickets to athletes to have won or accomplished a great fete.  Today, most of the senior members on the team already have.  Maybe ah lil extra in the match fees or help in attaining good jobs after football at home, something worth their while, but we need to shy away from the sense of entitlement. Playing for the national team is an achievement in itself your patriotic duty.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 12:15:50 PM »
People forget the kind of money that these fellas making now?  With the exception of the local based men, is a easy 7,000 - maybe 50,000 pounds a week them fellas must be pulling in.  Dwight on the high end of course, and men like Scotland and Spann on the lower end of that range.  So monetary "incentives" wil not incentivize this team.

The biggest incentive is the hunger and drive that the senior men like Latas and Dwight have right now.  They know the pain of coming close and missing out.  And as Latas say, it take him 16 years to reach here again. 

IS BLOOD IN DEY SHOES COME NOVEMBER 12 and 16

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 12:26:09 PM »
Nah Jahyouth. De 2 biggest incentive it have out here, and it doh matter how much of either ah man has, is pu**y and money. but we eh talkin bout de former here.

So money is always an incentive.

But to say it needs to be de incentive de warriors need, I won't say so. National pride, patriotism etc. etc, should be sufficient. But a show of appreciation is still warranted.

And... we opponents, while they too have patriotism and national pride as well, they very likely have monetary incentives. You cannot ever discount the part money plays, no matter how much a man already has. And as has been previously stated, MOST of de men them don't have that much.
Toujour Pret!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 12:53:36 PM »
doh give them no fregging money somthing else man but money nah :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 01:05:24 PM »
money or currency has been slated to be an extension of onself. So true indeed Touches about where de man dem heart suppose to rest, Red White & Black, but think back to de last time that a man put a $20. in yuh hand whilst shaking it. It is a better shake hand. Even if it small.  like BM say even if is 20 doubles leh we handle de men dem for a job well done and a fight well fought. I rather give gifts of appreciation than paying de players to play as has been done in the recent history. Yeh I aint mind Uncle Jack and he $2000. a goal vibes, but yuh cya pay a man to play for his country but yuh could surely bless him up nice after he has pull through. 

Morvant, yuh cya buy gift for children no more yuh have to give dem de gift card. Sounds vain but the child can buy a better happy item since they know what they like and this will bring the most appreciation as opposed to the customary neck tie or bottle of cologne man does get every christmas.

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 01:07:58 PM »
yuh right :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 01:38:10 PM »
As Touches say, appearing in de World Cup Finals is incentive enough, especially since it would be a first. No matter what happen after, dey names would go down in de history books. Money, trinkets, honours etc. will come after. Right now, dem kinda ting would be more of a distraction.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

TrinInfinite

No amount of money could amount to a World Cup appearance
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 02:26:10 PM »
It will be one of the greatest achievements for the players and our country if we qualify, if the govt dont see dis, dey need 2 b voted out of power in the next election. Not amount of money could ever compare to a feeling like dis one and i think Yorke has realized dis but many others want an incentive so give it to dem just as long as dey know, dat 2 reach 2 de world cup would bring so much more opportunities to them and our country. I hope and prayer dem fellas dont let dis bother dem, we as supporters are an example of people who love we footbal without gettin any monetary incentive from it, except de joy 2 see our players and country qualify for the world stage of sporting events.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: No amount of money could amount to a World Cup appearance
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 02:32:26 PM »
Jack Warner said in the press confernce that in no way they can match what Bahrain can offer its player but the honour of representing T&T at the WC should be incentive enough at the same time he wants the team to have to worries and welcomes any offer from Gov't to increase the match fees and bonus to the team for the matches.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 04:47:47 PM »
Money money money is only worries,you will spend it and in most cases have nothing to remind you of what you did with it

What more incentive or motivation the Warriors need,knowing that it is them fellars who make the dream reality,knowing that this is the third time we get this close and they are the ones who make it happen that is incentive and all the motivation the Soca Warriors should need

Fellow formites when they pull this off,the love that our nation will give to the warriors no amount of money we can give them can buy that trust me,all football loving Trini throughtout the four corners of this creation will be high high like a feather drifting through the atmosphere flowing on a coushion of air

First lets qualify and I am sure we will make Manning do the right thing,its not being a waggonist but we must be practical....thanks

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Player Bonuses
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 05:28:29 PM »
From sportinglife.com

The England squad are set to net up to £300,000 a man if they lift next summer's World Cup after reaching agreement in principle with the Football Association over their lucrative bonus package.

Why is it that the T&T government has not commited any money directly to the players if they qualify? We have to rely on Anil and Clive to request donations from the public and business sector? They could spend $850,000 million on a flicking a stadium behing God back, but they cannot commit $500,000 per player if they qualify.

I'm not talking about the $13.5 (or how much ever) million given to the TTFF. I'm saying, listen fellas:
Thank you for making us proud and we are all proud of you. As a result of your qualification for Germany 2006, the govt of T&T would like to give each of you X dollars. 

I realize that, for a player, there is no greater stage than the World Cup. As such, the incentive and desire to make it is priceless. But, they should be rewarded for doing so.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 08:45:33 PM by BigToe »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: Player Bonuses
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 05:31:16 PM »
From sportinglife.com

The England squad are set to net up to £300,000 a man if they lift next summer's World Cup after reaching agreement in principle with the Football Association over their lucrative bonus package.

Why is it that the T&T government has not commited any money directly to the players if they qualify? We have to rely on Anil and Clive to request donations from the public and business sector? They could spend $850,000 million on flicking a stadium behing God back, but they cannot committ $500,000 per player if they qualify.

I'm not talking about the $13.5 (or how much ever) million given to the TTFF. I'm saying, listen fellas:
Thank you for making us proud and we are all proud of you. As a result of your qualification for Germany 2006, the govt of T&T would like to give each of you X dollars. 

I realize that, for a player, there is no greater stage than the World Cup. As such, the incentive and desire to make it is priceless. But, they should be rewarded for doing so.

couldn't agree more
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline goodfootball171267

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 05:36:03 PM »
AGREE!

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 05:36:41 PM »
i third that motion yeh...give dem fellas some money man....no matter how much it is...its a good way to show some appreciation for us reaching this far...and when we qualify tooo.....Buh dah govament have one setta good fuh nutten asses....i'll keep my comments about them to myself..

das my 2 cents yeh....

Warriors all de way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TTVillafan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 05:39:18 PM »
totally agree,give some bonus $$$$$$$$$$to the boys from the oil coffers insteading of wasting it in tarrrrrrooooooba

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2005, 06:09:17 PM »
aye jed...u ent know da tarooooobaaahhh project real important ;) ;)...how u cud be dissin dat soo....after all how u want de govahment to run dey bobol and racket....i guess dey will take dem own bonusses from dee tarooooba project yeh.....

shit i talkin politics now...i haffi stop.....

WArriors all de way!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
One lot of Caroni land for each footballer
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2005, 11:11:57 AM »
Letter to Trinidad Newsday

THE EDITOR: Since at this time we do not have the money, liquid cash that is to fund our footballers’ quest at home and abroad, it stands to reason that we surely would not have liquid cash to reward our footballers when we make it to Germany.

I am suggesting that all the players including the coaching staff be given one lot of the Caroni Lands which are earmarked for use as residential sites when we qualify for the 2006 World Cup. I do think this will be a fantastic incentive.

THOMAS METCAFFE
Pt Cumana
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2005, 03:36:24 PM »
Besides Yorke, Shaka, Stern, Andrews and Latas, you really think dem man making dat type of money? 7000-50000 POUNDS? Yuh must be mad. All de above mentioned should be between 2000 and 15000 pounds per week. Man like Avery making like 50000 US dollars for de entire year. Allyuh feel dem fellas so well off dat financial incentives doh make a difference? On de field everybody going to give dey all, but what is de incentive to train like a true professional every day when yuh have to worry bout taking care of yuh family too. Most of de players make regular salaries dat might translate well if dey were living in Trini and making foreign money. Example: Average salaries (1) League 1 in England (500 pounds per week which is maybe a little over $3000 US per month(2) US indoor professional ($3000 per month) (3)US bank teller ($2400 per month). This means Tallest, Sancho, Scotland, Birchall and all dem man living like Boney, Demmin, Sealy, Regis, Rique or a regular worker in de US. Why these fellas shouldn't receive a financial incentive to big up dey country like all de other players all over de world? These are examples of de national players that are making a decent living from de game, so you can imagine de help dat a lil bonus would be for de local ones.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2005, 06:33:16 PM »
D government does b wastin so much money every year. why dey cyah give d boyz some more $$? What so hard about dat......BIG UP....
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

1]; } ?>