April 29, 2024, 09:29:38 AM

Author Topic: AIRPORT FOR CENTRAL  (Read 7386 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: AIRPORT FOR CENTRAL
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 01:13:36 PM »
This is = to d tunnel 2 Maracas.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2011, 08:56:12 PM »

My goodness, just when you thought more ludicrous ideas/proposals were not feasible, you get surprised.  Just goes to show though what drives the actions of most of those in power, not about the betterment of all constituents, but rather rewarding those that financed elected you.  Meanwhile transportation, crime, health care continues to remain unattended
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »

uuuuuuuummmm about that tunnel.....ah funny thing happened a few days ago.  I was going through the 2009 budget that Roll over Karen presented trying to find the part where she talked about reductions in stamp duties and I came across this;

"(I) A First Class Road/Tunnel from the East-West Corridor, in the vicinity of
Curepe /Tunapuna, to the North Coast"

on page 24 under National Highways Programme.

Now ah figure it didn't create the buzz it did when Dookeran read it cuz well nobody was really paying attention to she back then but we sure as well was listening to every word that Dookeran spoke.  So more confirmation that this PP government eh have a clue, plan, plot, idea so dey tiefing all PNM own even the bad ones!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 08:25:06 PM »

uuuuuuuummmm about that tunnel.....ah funny thing happened a few days ago.  I was going through the 2009 budget that Roll over Karen presented trying to find the part where she talked about reductions in stamp duties and I came across this;

"(I) A First Class Road/Tunnel from the East-West Corridor, in the vicinity of
Curepe /Tunapuna, to the North Coast"

on page 24 under National Highways Programme.

Now ah figure it didn't create the buzz it did when Dookeran read it cuz well nobody was really paying attention to she back then but we sure as well was listening to every word that Dookeran spoke.  So more confirmation that this PP government eh have a clue, plan, plot, idea so dey tiefing all PNM own even the bad ones!!!

GOOD FIND. Yep dey really that clueless cyah even dump a dotish idea.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2011, 05:12:07 AM »
Maharaj to ‘give life’ to Central airport.
By Clint Chan Tack (Newsday).

DEVANT MAHARAJ yesterday said one of his top priorities as this country’s new Transport Minister will be “to give life” to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s promise to build an airport at Camden in Couva.

The Prime Minister made this promise when she addressed a rally at Mid Centre Mall, Chaguanas on May 24 to commemorate the first anniversary of the People’s Partnership coalition government.

Persad-Bissessar said the proposed airport would handle domestic flights in the first instance, from Trinidad to Tobago, and could be expanded later on to handle international flights.

Speaking with Newsday at his temporary office on the sixth floor at Nicholas Towers in Port-of- Spain, Maharaj said it was his intention to ensure the Camden Airport which Persad-Bissessar envisioned becomes a reality.

“I will be working assiduously to ensure that promise is realised,” he said. Maharaj added that presently the airstrip at Camden needs to be expanded to handle the increased amount of helicopter flights from the heliport there to the country’s offshore oil facilities.

Maharaj said he does not yet have the technical staff to undertake a study to find out whether the proposed airport is economically viable. Noting questions have been raised in the public domain about whether the country needs a third airport when it already has the Piarco and Arthur NR Robinson International Airports, Maharaj said he would need to speak with Finance Minister Winston Dookeran about whether Government could afford to construct another airport given the state of the country’s economic affairs.

Another initiative which Maharaj said he wants to expedite is the establishment of a regional fast-ferry in this country. Persad-Bissessar spoke about this initiative at the recent Caricom Heads of Government Meeting in St Kitts and Nevis.

Expressing confidence that the schedules for all Government ministries would soon be approved and released, Maharaj said, “I have no anxiety for the Ministry of Transport and its relationship with the Ministry of Works or any other ministry for that matter.”

Maharaj said in the absence of having a schedule, he has had “icebreaker” talks with Caribbean Airlines chairman George Nicholas III and heads of some other agencies which he believes should fall under his purview.

Maharaj again dismissed reports there was a conflict of interest regarding his temporary office at Nicholas Towers.

“This whole floor and other floors were rented by the previous administration. This office here was utilised by a former minister in the Office of the Prime Minister. Whether or not I am in occupation of it or not is part of a total package rental. My occupation here is a temporary one and I don’t see there is any conflict of interest,” he said.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 05:56:10 AM »
People does this make sense? Piarco that busy that we need a new airpot. Can Piarco be enlargened. A 2nd  runway? An airport in Central. An airport in South makes more sense.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 06:16:29 AM »
politicians in tnt just feel dat d treasury raining with donsai...

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 06:25:43 AM »
People getting laid off, you treating all contract workers like PNM hatchetmen, you telling workers the country could only afford a 5 % increase but we could build an airport in Couva.

As Bourbon does say 'Animal Farm'.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:54:41 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2011, 09:08:49 AM »
Echoing the sentiment in this thread...This makes absolutely no sense.
Hart for president

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2011, 02:18:42 PM »
TnT is de new Nigeria

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2011, 04:43:25 PM »
Nigerians maybe corrupt, but they ain't that stupid.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2011, 06:15:11 PM »
 :rotfl:

if i doh laugh........ i go cry

:-\
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 03:35:04 AM »
if i doh laugh........ i go cry

Sammy yuh sound like d WI cricket captain....

u arent him by any chance are you??
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 05:46:35 AM »
The thing is......the UNC should stay faaaaaarrrrrr away from airports......steups!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 09:17:32 AM »
The thing is......the UNC should stay faaaaaarrrrrr away from airports......steups!!

Why? Den yuh go hadda reinvent the wheel.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2014, 05:26:09 AM »
Whats the latest on this?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2014, 09:59:07 AM »
Whats the latest on this?

Honestly Breds, if they build a airport in central, they might as well close down Piarco. How far is central from Piarco? A airport between Sando and Princess town probably make more sense. This central talk is for illegal  business, bobol and racheefee.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »
The talk did get resurrect a few days ago...but nothing concrete.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2014, 01:47:57 PM »
I confused... a "domestic airport" for TnT??  People flying from whey... Caroni to Piarco?  They go fly from Tobago to quite down Central den try and make dey way up North?  Jobs fuh de boys... and laptops fuh dey chirren.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a helicopter pad for Central but not an airport.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2014, 05:11:03 PM »
I think a train service would make the best sense.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »
I think a train service would make the best sense.

You making too much sense!!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2014, 04:58:05 AM »
I confused... a "domestic airport" for TnT??  People flying from whey... Caroni to Piarco?  They go fly from Tobago to quite down Central den try and make dey way up North?  Jobs fuh de boys... and laptops fuh dey chirren.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a helicopter pad for Central but not an airport.

There is an airstrip in Couva, Camden. Helicopters etc. So...it not really needed.

1]; } ?>