April 28, 2024, 08:59:19 AM

Author Topic: ReggaeBoyz fired the local coach and embraced a big time coach  (Read 3187 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The result was a pain that has not yet subsided.  How come the reggaeboyz are not in the final round of WCQ?  In hindsight many blame the firing of the local coach and the hiring of ``big time’’ coach Lazaroni.  See the discussion on

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/014075.html

or commentary on http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/

It is shocking and somewhat humorous to see (in this forum) the extent to which the new coach is perceived as a savior.  The inappropriate dissing of a truly talented local coached will be addressed later.

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ReggaeBoyz fired the local coach and embraced a big time coach
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 12:28:04 AM »
Please don't bring ur "Reggaeboyz" on to a Soca Warriors forum. It really is too bad that Trinidad and Tobago have a better football team than Jamaica. It really is......... cry me a river.....

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 01:58:57 AM »
storebay, i dont think the new coach perceived as a savior. men just hoping that a change of tactics and some sensible subs etc can have us playing at our potential. i think everyone trying to be optimistic because we believe that tnt at its full potential can make the wc in 2006. bertille did his best, nobody think he is a shit coach and the man got us this far. now we want to throw the dice and see what happen. big rewards can sometimes only be obtained by big risks , and that is what we have decided to take.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 03:55:40 AM »
Strip- Well Done. You have hit the nail on the Head. It is bigger than Bertille it is moving to a next level and the experience to get us there.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 09:14:14 AM »
Saheed Store bay is from TnT.

He is just vex that  BSC is fired and doesn't want to come out and say it.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 10:32:51 AM »
Store Bay like he from TOBAGO.  He tekkin it pussonal.  Yuh know de mantra by now...."ah from Tobago daz why allyuh doh like meh".   ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 11:38:02 AM »
Coaches at a World Cup level and Professional football level are paid to win. Sad but true, the objective is to qualify for the WC and let us be honest they team was not performing. Now it may have several factors for this. But the TTFF have never accepted responsibility over the years for the teams failures. Its always the coach or players. Funny both have changed over the years but the TTFF administrators have remained the same. Yet they keep masking their inept ability with coaching changes. However, at present a new coach is coming in and since we have no controil over any of the matters, most of us look forward to the next set of games with renewed anticipation for the better. If we did not who would support the team? What will be interesting for me to observe is the level of support this new coach receives. Will he get proper preparation games against quality opposition (as an example). Or will we see International games on the calander only to be posponed at the 11th hour. If the answer is yes & we see far more quality games and people bending over backwards to assist. We can assume that Bertil was set up and then any local coaches will experience the same in the future
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 12:53:24 PM »
You are quite correct with regards to the TTFF and it's role in the lack of our football development.  While I agree with you to some extent on the coach issue....BSC cannot really complain of not having quality preparation.  Yes...prior to the USA game and the Guatemela game (Costa Rica does not count as it was 3 days after the Guatemala game) there was little international opposition with all due respect to Haiti & Azerbaijan who provided us with 5 games between them.  They however could not be really deemed to be "quality international opposition" even though they are certainly better than the Grenada's and local XI's we have become accustomed to, and lest we forget more than many other local coaches have received.  We also struggled in these matches against the "non quality international opposition" as evidenced by your statement that the team has not been performing.

During this last tenure....off the top of my head, BSC had games against

Iran and Scotland in Britain
Northern Ireland in Tobago
Tour to the Far East where we played Thailand and South Korea
WCQ matches against SKN, SVG and Mexico
The entire Digicel Qualifying series including qualifiers and Finals
Azerbaijan
Haiti
Atlanta Silverbacks

I don't know how many matches in total BSC had as coach but I'm willing to wager it is more than most other local coaches have had the opportunity to work with...maybe even more than Gally Cummings with the Strike Squad.  I remember the BIG preparation for our Strike Squad back then were against Norway and a team from the USSR called Vilnius someting or the other.  There were others but no "big teams"....Norway actually brought their 2nd string team.

Besides that...in his previous tenure as National team coach....Mr St Clair had games against Egypt, Morocco, Colombia as well as a camp in Brasil if I'm not mistaken.

To say that he has been "set up" is misleading in my opinion.  You're inferring that a foreign coach would have gotten better preparation purely because he is "foreign".  If that is the case, we have had foreign coaches before such as Porterfield and Simoes.

I remember Porterfield having a camp in England playing against English 4th division teams...certainly not a Iran or Scotland.  I also remember a game against Guatemala prior to a WCQ.  Simoes didn't have any "quality preparation" games as far as I can remember.  I may be wrong.

This is certainly an indictment of the TTFF but in my opinion, they discriminate or maybe more accurately, their ineptitude is consistent across the board.

From all reports, Mr. Beenhakker is one who does not deal with chupidness.  If he does not get what was agreed to beforehand...he will walk.  It is up to the TTFF to deliver whatever is agreed upon.

If he can force the TTFF aka Jack Warner to live up to commitments, then that can only be to the benefit of T&T football.  If not, then it's further evidence that it is a case of ALL coaches being "set up"....foreign or local.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 12:58:42 PM by palos »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 01:18:36 PM »
Storebay limer,

They have no inappropriate dissing here. St Clair ent good enough, did not cut it and the squad showed zero improvement in his 16 months in charge.

If anything in terms of Marketing I sure the stadium will be full in the next home game vs Panama.

Because A) they want to back the team, B) they want to see what the new coach have to offer.

Breds the whole of Trinidad wanted BSC gone.......even the players, I know some of them who doe agree with him and he methods and find he antiquated.

If you ever listened to any of the call in shows on Radio or watch Total football on Gayelle, or listen to people in the street or even listen to the Boos that Bertie get in the Stadium on Wed you will see they tired of him.

Finally, there is ONE certainity as a football coach.......You will either be fired, or you will resign. When that day comes its up to you.

For Bertille it shoulda happen at the end of the semi-final round because only a lucky draw have us where we are today.
Had we got one more quality team in the semis we woulda be scratching and wondering what if and planning for 2010.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 03:27:56 PM »
Store bay is a bagonian he back BSC through thick or thin
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 09:44:59 PM »
Store Bay like he from TOBAGO.  He tekkin it pussonal.  Yuh know de mantra by now...."ah from Tobago daz why allyuh doh like meh".   ;)

Palos, first of all,  I have never heard a person from Tobago say something like that. Quite the opposite,  in my travels far and wide it is refreshing to see the ease with which people from Tobago are embraced. Last week, ..   ......  .

Would you say the same thing, if you think, that the person is from POS.

Anyway, your post merely tells us something about you.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 09:58:46 PM »
storebay, i dont think the new coach perceived as a savior. men just hoping that a change of tactics and some sensible subs etc can have us playing at our potential. i think everyone trying to be optimistic because we believe that tnt at its full potential can make the wc in 2006. bertille did his best, nobody think he is a shit coach and the man got us this far. now we want to throw the dice and see what happen. big rewards can sometimes only be obtained by big risks , and that is what we have decided to take.

Strip, I do believe that T&T at its full potential can make it to the WC. I said so even after the first loss in at least 3 posts.   WE ALL WANT THE TEAM TO MAKE IT TO THE WORLD CUP.  Do you really think that ``change of tactics and some sensible subs ....  can have us playing at our potential,'' and that that justifies the recent actions.   The new coach doesn't really know the team, who trusts who on defense, etc .....

This nonsense has been tried  before by the TTFF -- withoutsuccess-- and that is part of my objection.  To say the new coach is not perceived as a saviior ...... well

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 10:27:45 PM »

Palos, first of all,  I have never heard a person from Tobago say something like that.

You sure boy?  I hear it had a man with the initials BSC that went on national TV and say something so.....but it might be jus a rumour  :o

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 11:34:16 PM »
LOL dcs...obviously BSC been foolin we all along....he obviously not from Tobago...if Store Bay's comment is to be believed.  Not only dat...but TV6 doctor dey video because de man never say dat in trute.

But it say sumting bout me.

;D

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 08:11:41 PM »
LOL dcs...obviously BSC been foolin we all along....he obviously not from Tobago...if Store Bay's comment is to be believed.  Not only dat...but TV6 doctor dey video because de man never say dat in trute.

But it say sumting bout me.

Sirs, if someone says something once (or two or three times)  does that make it a  Mantra (a sacred verbal formula repeated in  meditation etc; or a commonly repeated word or phrase)  of a group?   What kind of thinking is that?  What word would you use to describe a  person who thinks in that way?

Again, and in general,   I have not heard Tobagonians responding in that way.  And, again the post tells us something about you.

There is no need to defend B. St.Clair, but if the man says ``allyuh don’t like me’’ and he is speaking to the press and sportswriters (whom he knows), then in all likelihood the allyuh refers to people in that group.  And given his experience with the nonsense some a those people does write ……   .For example look at the article by IAN PRESCOTT after the game against the US   
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article?id=60464105
           .      (I have seen his other articles where connections are claimed, but that is not the point here.)

Prescott starts out with `` Coach Bertille St Clair got his tactics wrong from the start as Trinidad and Tobago came out of their first game of the CONCACAF World Cup   .’’ From my point of view,  the team played well,  not extremely well given that they missed some easy scoring opportunities, etc … .  However how do you get from that to  `` St Clair got his tactics wrong from the start.’’  Again when the comments are not based on the technical performance of the coach, then his outbursts are understandable.

1]; } ?>