April 28, 2024, 09:39:45 PM

Author Topic: My Criticism of Coach King and TTFA is Unfair  (Read 985 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
My Criticism of Coach King and TTFA is Unfair
« on: January 15, 2015, 10:03:26 PM »
It is unfair of me to criticize King and the TTFA in the negative fashion which I have done in the past.
Coach King is a tactically sound coach. He has demonstrated this by going two goals up against Jamaica, beating Aruba by five goals and enjoying most of the possesion against Guatemala.

It is unfair of me to criticize because the TTFA selected a coach with a good track record. However, neither the TTFA nor King understands the difference between Strategy and Tactics and how these two concepts interrelate.

The guatemala coach ( who is Argentine) is well aware of this and allowed us to have most of the possesion which allowed us to commit most of the errors in the game...two errors cost us the game. At the end of the game the Guatemala coach said it was unlucky for us to lose in this fashion.

We have a long way to go with our football and hopefully one day in my lifetime we would get there.

I would like to wish Coach King the best of luck in the next couple of games.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My Criticism of Coach King and TTFA is Unfair
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:47:19 PM »
Well, I hope yuh mean that. I wish everybody the best. This is U20, never to late, doh I think we need to start the processes/preparation from U 11 and before.
Plenty people claim to know what time it is, but everytime a bell ring, the expecting it to be midnight, and everything end nice like a Cinderella story.
Let's go TT

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 03:58:44 AM »
It is unfair of me to criticize King and the TTFA in the negative fashion which I have done in the past.
Coach King is a tactically sound coach. He has demonstrated this by going two goals up against Jamaica, beating Aruba by five goals and enjoying most of the possesion against Guatemala.

It is unfair of me to criticize because the TTFA selected a coach with a good track record. However, neither the TTFA nor King understands the difference between Strategy and Tactics and how these two concepts interrelate.

The guatemala coach ( who is Argentine) is well aware of this and allowed us to have most of the possesion which allowed us to commit most of the errors in the game...two errors cost us the game. At the end of the game the Guatemala coach said it was unlucky for us to lose in this fashion.

We have a long way to go with our football and hopefully one day in my lifetime we would get there.

I would like to wish Coach King the best of luck in the next couple of games.

Well f00cker, ah know yuh being scarstic, so f00ck off.

De Under 20 team had no preparations for this tournament, so you cant blame de coach to some extent.

De only thing I have a problem with the game vs Guatemala is, we need to win/score or what ever, and tactical changes wasn't made.

I feel he coulda play de 4-3-3 system and burn Guatemala, they were ripe for de picking.

Instead he was relying on wing play and kick to one stiker hoping for miracles.

King need to also make his players feel confident, I see Andrews and a few others trying to hard and when you force play it does affect de team. Calm and compose even if we loosing and build from de back.

Apart from that, I find de team played very good and tried real hard, so credit to them.

King eh perfect, but he doing his best and I could respect that, he not big headed like McComie and Eve.

But yes, some tactical changes can and should be made.

Look at the game vs Jamaica also, de second de weakest team in de tournament come back and tie us, now it coming back to haunt us.

Look at Aruba score, de weakest team in de tournament score on us.

I hope Hartie have a say on this team.

But ah could live with having King as coach, at least for now.

Good luck King, just play it simple and smart.

PS: Levi show some real class touches boy. De man playing with kids older than him and handling them. And please bench that keeper, lard fadda.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 04:01:52 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »
You I took time out of my busy schedule to make positive comments because I was banned for negativity and my learned friend Sam said I am being sarcastic..well yes...like de yakees would say..you can't win for losing..

Anyway ..again best of LUCK to Trinidad and Tobago because without that...

1]; } ?>