April 25, 2024, 11:09:45 PM

Author Topic: Trini Kids Working Hard To Master The Hardest Skill In The Game  (Read 937 times)

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Trini Kids Working Hard To Master The Hardest Skill In The Game
« on: January 19, 2015, 07:00:00 PM »
The players love staying after training in pursuit of better technique, its encouraging to see this always in T&T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CcvPG1qjI
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:05:14 PM by amwood »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Trini Kids Working Hard To Master The Hardest Skill In The Game
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 08:28:55 AM »
Yeah I have a 5 year old who insist on learning to bicycle after seeing an older cousin do it once. Every day when he home he insisting on trying. He very close to doing it but I have to keep a constant eye on him cause he trying it everywhere including the hard floor.

All the skills in the world he want to try but he find juggling to boring...

But as you say, the willingness to keep practicing after training is a positive sign
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 12:35:08 PM »
Very good, they just have to keep practicing the right techniques, over and over and over. Il also like the fact that they're willing to put in the work.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 02:18:57 PM »
Changing the mentality our T&T youngsters is the key to the turn around needed in our football, I've had kids who went on to play for the US in youth world cups and certainly -  they did not possess more talent than some of the youths I've seen here at home...the difference is the attitude of the Americans towards their training - their work ethic. But that said it's hard to blame our youths because their isnt a consistent track record of players making it at the top level in football from T&T, hence the incentive and motivation to work extremely hard is not there...when Dwight signed for Aston Villa it kicked off a serious sense of optimism that others could make it...a generation of players highly motivated to work hard because one of our teammates became the example...we feed our players with ambition everyday and I strongly believe we have ah hand full that posses a great chance of making it - their attitudes are slowing changing....

1]; } ?>