March 29, 2024, 07:55:04 AM

Author Topic: Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) News Thread  (Read 91663 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) News Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2021, 05:26:50 PM »
Ato they already went back to business as usual. Why you hurt up your head anyway? remember you said you dust your hands off completely so it is what it is because it shows you still want to be involved

I have already told the fools in here you are only disappointed because you set unrealistic expectations of medals. On what basis are you predicting T&T to win a bag of medals? What has changed in the last ten years? What is our usual trajectory of medals at the Olympics in the last 25+ years? one medal here and one medal there has always been the norm.

I can agree with Ato, allyuh memories short! So Ato go ahead you just keep predicting no medals. People will just get used to you saying this in the end and no medals happen we already used to that.. :D

Ato is basically saying the same things I’ve been saying all along for the past 5 years but in a different way, and the only reason you didn’t jump out of yourself is because he’s the legendary ato bolden, so you’re softening your tone while stroking his scrotum with your whole tongue hoping to get his approval, you ass kissing self important tosser.

people like you only have strength for ordinary folks, but when confronted with VIPs all your activism goes out the window. why not call ato an old man with unrealistic expectations? nah you dear not, so you’ll find a way to get your point across in a more gentile manner, after all you don’t want to be seen as the guy who took it to ato boldon our national hero, but you have no reservations unleashing your full on nasty to me and the other members whom you deem as soft targets.

you keep harping on folks having unrealistic expectations by longing for medals, and no matter how I break it down showing that it’s not about the medals but the preparations and the lack of development and the lazy effort by these clueless federation/ association bosses……whom if removed and replaced with vibrant willing minds endowed with the knowledge to make the necessary changes it could make a world of difference and spell the end of our drought, yet you’re still on about the medals like a broken record. well let me say it again for the millionths and one time, we want positive change that’s what we want, and the medals will follow. do you people even read before you make noise? and BTW wipe that stain off your nose.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:07:23 PM by pull stones »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2021, 07:34:32 PM »
Ato they already went back to business as usual. Why you hurt up your head anyway? remember you said you dust your hands off completely so it is what it is because it shows you still want to be involved

I have already told the fools in here you are only disappointed because you set unrealistic expectations of medals. On what basis are you predicting T&T to win a bag of medals? What has changed in the last ten years? What is our usual trajectory of medals at the Olympics in the last 25+ years? one medal here and one medal there has always been the norm.

I can agree with Ato, allyuh memories short! So Ato go ahead you just keep predicting no medals. People will just get used to you saying this in the end and no medals happen we already used to that.. :D

Ato is basically saying the same things I’ve been saying all along for the past 5 years but in a different way, and the only reason you didn’t jump out of yourself is because he’s the legendary ato bolden, so you’re softening your tone while stroking his scrotum with your whole tongue hoping to get his approval, you ass kissing self important tosser.

people like you only have strength for ordinary folks, but when confronted with VIPs all your activism goes out the window. why not call ato an old man with unrealistic expectations? nah you dear not, so you’ll find a way to get your point across in a more gentile manner, after all you don’t want to be seen as the guy who took it to ato boldon our national hero, but you have no reservations unleashing your full on nasty to me and the other members whom you deem as soft targets.

you keep harping on folks having unrealistic expectations by longing for medals, and no matter how I break it down showing that it’s not about the medals but the preparations and the lack of development and the lazy effort by these clueless federation/ association bosses……whom if removed and replaced with vibrant willing minds endowed with the knowledge to make the necessary changes it could make a world of difference and spell the end of our drought, yet you’re still on about the medals like a broken record. well let me say it again for the millionths and one time, we want positive change that’s what we want, and the medals will follow. do you people even read before you make noise? and BTW wipe that stain off your nose.

:rotfl: YOU NEED TO READ AGAIN! you are not only dumb but dellusional! He is talking people like you with with SHORT MEMORY of T&T Olympic history!

Unrealistic expectations hence why YOU are disappointed. I am not disappointed or surprised. YOU are! hence why you been writing so much nonsense in here  :D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 07:37:26 PM by Sando prince »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2021, 08:36:22 PM »
Sando Prince, how is it that you and Ato concur ... but Ato delivers constructively and you deliver destructively?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2021, 04:51:56 AM »
ATO SAID THIS BELOW! And what did I say? ...case closed

OUR MEMORIES ARE SHORT NO ARSE!

In 2016, I saw the jokes, the memes, the cartoons, the ridicule directed at the team, (one in particular with a skeleton and the caption "waiting for Team TTO to win a medal") and on the LAST day Keshorn pulls out a medal and we give a sigh of relief. Ah we got one.

The ship has been taking on water for decades while we act like somehow we would never sink. Now we are halfway to the bottom with another Olympics 36 months away. THE TRUTH is that NOTHING really happens in 36 months, and - early prediction - ZERO medals (1 at most) in Paris, too.

So you old men in here can continue cry after every Olympics with your unrealistic expectations
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 04:59:05 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2021, 05:01:01 AM »
So it seems like allyuh old men hero Ato Boldon is saying allyuh memories are short! Why did you guys have unrealistic expectations for medals?  and you better expect the same results in the future

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2021, 09:23:45 AM »
Sando Prince, how is it that you and Ato concur ... but Ato delivers constructively and you deliver destructively?

Thank you.

It does reach a point where you can either expect and accept the poor performance as the norm. Or revamp the system with progressive approaches to prevent the expected outcomes.

Sando, which one are you for? Or should I be asking?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2021, 11:55:12 AM »
gawd on pitch aka drama boy we are waiting on the more drama you say going to happen. You said wait for more drama so we waiting.

Because last few days all I am seeing is the usual after Olympics crying from the few old men in here

What is the drama? Another long facebook post from Ato?  :D

At some point the country will get used to Ato after Olympics/ World Champs social media outbursts. It will just be another one from him.

We are waiting on the drama you seem to be worked up about. 

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2021, 12:58:51 PM »
gawd on pitch aka drama boy we are waiting on the more drama you say going to happen. You said wait for more drama so we waiting.

Because last few days all I am seeing is the usual after Olympics crying from the few old men in here

At some point the country will get used to Ato after Olympics/ World Champs social media outbursts. It will just be another one from him.

Okay Sando, no drama I was wrong. . Your wisdom is God like. .

Now back to the more progressive and constructive aspects of this topic, I think putting more emphasis on the women's program is important. Our women are yet to win a medal. For Jamaica and Bahamas it has traditionally been the opposite. Meaning that there might be barriers in TT preventing women from pursuing track.

Another thing to consider is the emphasis on the 100m. Too many times I have seen at the national championships, 4 and 5 sections for the 100m and not even 5 athletes for one heat of a 400m or 400mh

Start by putting more emphasis on the 400m then push the kids into 100m and 200m.. and even hurdles.

I'm a believer that introducing the 400m before the 100m,  will create better and produce more sprinters. Something about teaching sprinters to run the full track at a young age, helps them measure and manage their race better especially when they go down to the 200 and 100. Also the endurance and stamina needed always helps. The 400m is a good foundation.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2021, 02:19:06 PM »

Now back to the more progressive and constructive aspects of this topic, I think putting more emphasis on the women's program is important. Our women are yet to win a medal. For Jamaica and Bahamas it has traditionally been the opposite. Meaning that there might be barriers in TT preventing women from pursuing track.

Another thing to consider is the emphasis on the 100m. Too many times I have seen at the national championships, 4 and 5 sections for the 100m and not even 5 athletes for one heat of a 400m or 400mh

Start by putting more emphasis on the 400m then push the kids into 100m and 200m.. and even hurdles.

I'm a believer that introducing the 400m before the 100m,  will create better and produce more sprinters. Something about teaching sprinters to run the full track at a young age, helps them measure and manage their race better especially when they go down to the 200 and 100. Also the endurance and stamina needed always helps. The 400m is a good foundation.
you have real patience fam, unlike me. as soon as I saw him all up under ato’s hood I knew he wasn’t worth the effort, not to mention he keeps saying the same bullshit over and over again “unrealistic expectations every four years and after the world games…old man old man old man” now he’s pretending that ato’s only criticism was directed towards the forum members, which only a small portion of his post mentioned the forum, but he ignored a whole article which was specifically aimed not only at the TTO but all sporting federation that send athletes to the olympic games, saying the exact same thing that I have been preaching for years.

people like him sit on a forum and run his mouth continually criticizing people he’s never met, but ask him if he’s ever volunteered his time to any cause? and it might be that he did, but I seriously doubt it. I have been volunteering my services for years coaching children on weekends back in the midlands, and now that I’ve moved to america I’m actually in the process of building a top notch coaching school in trinidad geared towards teaching the game properly and has been liaising with the government and curtain NGOs to get this program off the ground.

we have already done the ground work and has diagnosed the impediments in local football, now it just a waiting game ATM. a few years ago an Italian club wanted to collaborate with a few caribbean countries to develop an academy but had some trouble with the TT delegate, not to mention that things fell all the way through, I believe they were getting better current from the jamaicans but I did not follow up being extremely disappointed at the way things…….did not work out.

so let this little dirty mouth boy continue to talk trash, I’m figuring that’s all he has going for himself anyway so i’m gracious enough to let him have it. in the mean time i’ll continue to offer my knowledge and if people find me annoying and out of sorts then they could kick rocks for all I care. my main objective is to harass these bloody lazy trinis who gets paid to further damage the country, if only there were real journalist in that country like mr jennings.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:23:16 PM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2021, 03:05:17 PM »

you have real patience fam, unlike me. as soon as I saw him all up under ato’s hood I knew he wasn’t worth the effort, not to mention he keeps saying the same bullshit over and over again “unrealistic expectations every four years and after the world games…old man old man old man” now he’s pretending that ato’s only criticism was directed towards the forum members, which only a small portion of his post mentioned the forum, but he ignored a whole article which was specifically aimed at not only the TTO but all sporting federation that send athletes to the olympic games, saying the exact same thing that I have been preaching for years.

people like him sit on a forum and run his mouth continually criticizing people he’s never met, but ask him if he’s ever volunteered his time to any cause? and it might be that he did, but I seriously doubt it. I have been volunteering my services for years coaching children on weekends back in the midlands, and now that I’ve moved to america I’m actually in the process of building a top notch coaching school in trinidad geared towards teaching the game properly and has been liaising with the government and curtain NGOs to get this program off the ground.

we have already done the ground work and has diagnosed the impediments in local football, now it just a waiting game ATM. a few years ago an Italian club wanted to collaborate with a few caribbean countries to develop an academy but had some trouble with the TT delegate, not to mention that things fell all the way through, I believe they were getting better current from the jamaicans but I did not follow up being extremely disappointed at the way things…….did not work out.

so let this little dirty mouth boy continue to talk trash, I’m figuring that’s all he has going for himself anyway so i’m gracious enough to let him have it. in the mean time i’ll continue to offer my knowledge and if people find me annoying and out of sorts then they could kick rocks for all I care. my main objective is to harass these bloody lazy trinis who gets paid to further damage the country, if only there were real journalist in that country like mr jennings.

Well said. And best wishes with the work you are doing.

Now expect the usual name calling from Sando. As we all are still waiting for him to contribute something constructive to this discussion.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2021, 11:14:56 PM »
GOP, please, forget about that lil boy, he's not even worth mentioning. when ever grown folks have a difference of opinion and there's no way forward in terms of constructive dialogue, and bad manners finds it's way into the discussion and becomes their first option, then these are people to avoid.

in reality controversial and ABtrini is the only two people i have ever insulted on the forum and only because they are relentless in annoying the members. but prior to this unpleasant encounter i had no reason to mix it up with sando, in fact i've stayed clear of him for the most part simply because he seemed to very aggressive and ill mannered, so i avoided him altogether, i guess i should have continued along those lines and ignored his aggression, i guess first impressions should never be abandoned.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:21:13 PM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2021, 09:21:41 AM »
GOP, please, forget about that lil boy, he's not even worth mentioning. when ever grown folks have a difference of opinion and there's no way forward in terms of constructive dialogue, and bad manners finds it's way into the discussion and becomes their first option, then these are people to avoid.

in reality controversial and ABtrini is the only two people i have ever insulted on the forum and only because they are relentless in annoying the members. but prior to this unpleasant encounter i had no reason to mix it up with sando, in fact i've stayed clear of him for the most part simply because he seemed to very aggressive and ill mannered, so i avoided him altogether, i guess i should have continued along those lines and ignored his aggression, i guess first impressions should never be abandoned.

Yeah every now and again we does all bump heads with each other. But somewhere down the line we realize that we fighting for the same cause. And the destructive comments eventually turn into constructive ones with the right minds. .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2022, 11:53:32 PM »
The IOC had a special medal ceremony for the Beijing 4 x100.  The squad received the gold medals. Congrats.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2024, 01:32:03 PM »
Paris is only a couple months away. What happening. Nothing on the chat.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2024, 11:59:14 AM »
TnT track has been on a downward spiral for some time. I will continue to support our athletes but did you see Carifta trials?

Times weren't the best. So many young ones have fallen off esp in the ladies sprints.

I dont see Khalifa, Zakiya Denoon, Kayelle Clarke, Spinks, Stanislaus, Bascombe (who seems to have just disappeared.

On the men's side I haven't seen the Farinha twins etc.

It won't be a good showing this year or many years to come.

In other news Julien Alfred from St Lucia reminds me so much of Kelly Ann Baptiste.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2024, 02:00:57 PM »
Crickets.. crickets

That is the best way to describe track and field development in TT.

No medals for Paris. The team size will be around 12. I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

Here we go again with another diamond in the ruff. Tyrique Vincent. Brilliant athlete. Multi event athlete. Guaranteed medals at Carifta. Let's see how the TT track and field develops this youngster. He's special. No doubt

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2024, 04:01:57 PM »
Nope we are being real- Jereem Richards is recovering but I know that he will put up a good fight.

MLA is trying to find form. I feel that she may be around 11 flat by Olympics.

Tyra Gittens may do some things in the Hep or long jump.

There will be a few others. Maybe it's time to revamp our track and field program.

Funnily enough I was just reading a post about Tyrique, praying he stays healthy and prospers.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2024, 06:39:32 PM »
Yep Trini. I know Jereem is a warrior. Seems that MLA has regressed since leaving the big camps she was a part of.

There's about 4 or 5 other standouts from the Carifta trials. For every 1 standout we have, Jamaica has about 4 or 5 standouts. There are a few Trinis living in Jamaica and attending high-school there. They will all make the Carifta standard just by virtue of being in Jamaica and getting access to the training there. .

By the way, watch out for Barbados. They are putting their ducks in a row. In fact they have some trainers who ran in Carifta and are now identifying athletes of bim heritage and training them in Canada and US. They've even coordinated with the Barbados track association and are very very organized. They might not win many medals at the Olympics. But there track team will be bigger than ours.

We have many athletes in TT that have potential, but after they see that the support is lacking for TT, they pursue becoming a soca carnival boy or girl instead of track.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2024, 08:12:28 PM »
Jereem has heart that's for sure. Yeah MLA is training locally so I feel she will take time to acclimate but I've always believed in her talent.

I took a look at girls U-17 and U-20 sprints and I felt sad. Not one under 12 secs in the 100m with legal wind. Not one under 24 secs in the 200m... I would love to see us developing in the sprint hurdles, jumps, 400m hurdles too. 

I didn't realize we had kids training in Jam. Good to see, they will be pushed to excel much like Julien Alfred who is now at the the top of women's sprints.

I'm sure Bim is going to be coming up, they have a plan. When we start slipping further and further down the carifta medal table then maybe something will snap. I would love to oneday see the other islands give Jamaica a run for their money.

There must be a solution tailored to Trinidad and Tobago that works. If I knew it I would sell it.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 08:39:25 AM by Trini1 »

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2024, 08:28:15 AM »
Entertaining to watch.

What I was thinking is we need to bring more interest to the sport from the general public.

Two thing Trinis like is food and fete.

Start with Carifta Trials and National Championships. Bringing Artists to perform during the event esp during the pauses/between sessions/at the end of the final session. Having a mini panorama competition.

Having something similar to what we have around the savannah with a food vendor setup from evening session to midnight.

Getting local companies like Sunshine snacks, Bermudez, Angostura etc to sponsor either athletes, clubs, the events or the carifta team/world junior teams.

Shining a light on our junior athletes in the media. Having them on the news for interviews etc.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 08:30:57 AM by Trini1 »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2024, 02:09:32 PM »
@Trini1 that's what they do for the Champs, the high school track and field championships. Grace and other companies sponsor the championships. The youths are treated like celebrities when they win. Them youths usually get the Carifta standards at their high school championships, that they dont even worry about Carifta too much.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2024, 09:13:46 AM »
And I'm sure it reaps rewards. I think for Jamaica it is already ingrained in their culture and is a way out of hardship for many. For us it's a pass time but that doesn't mean that we can't promote interest in the sport. It's just that we have to be creative with how we do it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2024, 03:27:01 PM »
I watched day1. Not bad. But could be better. Commitment is there. Need improve and better coaching and of course substantial resources.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2024, 02:16:57 PM »
I watched day2 of the Carifta trials. Impressed with some of the athletes. Can't remember their names though. I remember the U17 qualifier in the 100 and 200 meters. Chinnapoo. He looks good. But the most memorable was the 5000 meters winner Tafari Waldron? This kid is for real. The race was hilarious at best. Tafari lapped everybody in the race. He lapped the the two athletes who were running 2nd and 3rd behind him. When he finished the race, the 2nd and 3rd stopped running. They thought they have finished also. Not knowing they had to run their final lap. The officials had to tell them that they need to complete one more lap to complete the race. Suffice to say, they ended up last.

It was nice seeing the youths giving their all. Also the 200 meters seemed to be very popular among the athletes. Especially the the boys. There were about 15 heats in the boys 200 hundred. The announcer said that it probably was the Jareem Richards effect. Hood Luck and Blessing to all the qualifiers. And the same to those who did not make the cut. DOH GIVE UP

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2024, 12:25:13 PM »
Yeah a lot of 200 heads. Tafari is most definitely special

I see Natasha Fox won silver the 400m hurdles at Champs for Edwin Allen.

Dorian Charles won gold in the Décathlon at Champs

1]; } ?>