March 28, 2024, 10:03:41 AM

Author Topic: Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) News Thread  (Read 91588 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) News Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2021, 08:50:40 AM »
I am not going to waste my time like you in here bro. I never had any expectations for T&T doing well. Since Ato was running for T&T how well was the team doing? He was the only one winning medals. You guys pretend T&T at some point was a good Track and Field nation because of what exactly? winning one medal every Olympics? After 1976 we did not win a medal until 1996 so how is this new? and every Olympics the ones who do not follow and understand come with absurd expectations for medals.

This was my last comment.

You're right about that Sando. But you're wrong about "you"not having any expectations. Check your past posts in the track and field forum. I'm just saying. .
mate you’re wasting your time with a fool, and I’m not calling him a fool because he’s a tool, I’m calling him a fool because he is. just listen to his rationale, we don’t normally do good at athletics and our failure over the years is ample proof, well duh, of course we’re not gonna win anything at any sports disciple because as I said repeatedly our sports administrators suck, and not only them but our ministry of sports also suck as well as the corporate sector who has failed miserably to invest a penny in any sport developmental programs with the exception of cricket.

So tell me why do we even bother to attend the Olympics, the World Cup qualifiers, the gold cup or CCL if we’re gonna lose? in fact why even waste money trying, better yet why not defund the sport ministry and redirect funds to more pressing areas like health or education and forget sports altogether? by saying well I don’t expect us to win anything because we only win a medal every ten years, is piss poor thinking, when the real discussions (by someone who actually use their brains) should be, why not fire everyone involved in our sporting discipline and hire people who actually know how to develop athletes, footballers, basketballers etc and put our tax and oil dollars to use?

TT needs to stop this retarded notion of “let we give we own local good ole boys a chance instead of running to foreigners” and actually invest in developmental programs for sports men and women. we have the money now all we need to do is build the facilities and hire real dedicated capable people to develop our athletes and quit with this local vs foreign bullshit.

I don’t have a problem with locals involvement in sports, but they must be well qualified and have experience in other countries gaining valuable knowledge of their sporting discipline, but don’t bring me some jealous minded big mouth boy who just looking for a job but never even left the island to study abroad but wants to be highly considered, IMO that’s been what hamstringing us for decades.

I believe we should make it mandatory for every sport administrator to have experience elsewhere and a degree in their respective field to even apply for the post, same with coaches, you must have all your qualifications by international standards and you must spend time in a solid league plying your trade in order to come home and stand any chance of teaching our children.

we should have a no nonsense approach where no shit hounds are allowed to just walk in and find employment. and until we are critically serious about sports, then we will be losing every time we step out to compete and have the mind set that we’re not expecting anything great to happen because it usually don’t, and it usually don’t because we don’t prepare well or put in the work to ensure success, and that’s all that’s about.

BTW jamaica used to be just like us winning medals now and again, that is until they decided to invest heavily in athletics, their efforts are now paying dividends, just ask yourself which US college did usain bolt attended? his development started and ended right there in Kingston, him and quite a few athletes who are all accomplished Olympians.

so don’t study those fools who living in trinidad, they’re all extremely insecure and when faced with outside competition their nepotism and xenophobia jumps out like a wild cat trapped in a closet, just listen to that dunce sando, all he have is a bitter venomous colloquial tongue, but could offer no sensible advice, just insults, what a wank job.

100% Pull stones. I remember when Jamaica was winning less than 5 medals. Obviously they figured out something. Jamaica success aint because of yam or the Jamaicans having an extra twitch muscle in they foot. Their success was in the making. Look at Carifta and the world juniors. It was coming. Now they reap the benefits.

Again Sando my question to you is. . What can TT do to increase success in athletics? That is what I want to hear from you. . Pull stones and the other posters can give some ideas and opinions on what is going on. I would like to hear your version.. I aint trying to fight you down on anything pardna.. I/we just looking for answers, as we all are just as disappointed as you.

My problem with this mess is that we have a guy like Ato, who clearly has a lot of knowledge and is willing to share his expertise to get this ship sailing. However, those old heads have not made any attempts to get Ato involved. I could be wrong, but I believe there was a time Ato was lending his expertise informally to the administration. I honestly believe that some of these old heads (mentality not age) are concerned that a guy like Ato will STEAL their thunder. Rightfully so. .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2021, 11:05:47 AM »
So I was talking to my good friend Mike Grayson about the situation. He also ran track for QRC in its hey days early 70s. Everything everybody is saying about TT T&F is correct. He said that ethnic demographics is one part of a number of problems. It causes the talent pool to shrink. He said we have to get the other half of the population to encourage their children to participate in sports. He does not see why. If they could run jump throw back in cricket like everyone else, why not football, basketball, swimming, TF, rugby, etc.

He said people always comparing us with JA. That is a reasonable argument. Their talent pool is huge compare to TT. Their primary school system has massive local and regional participation is sports.

Plus there is the issue to TT primary school system. He said a substantial amount of primary schools don't have schools sport or particpate in local area school sports. He is not even sure they have PE. In addition, when common entrance comes around most parents want their children "beating book" and taking lessons for a spot for high school not playing sports. Carnival already consume a lot of the nations energy, it is too much for country with a small talent pool.

He alluded to high schools where football is the primary goal for the yutes because of potential pro contracts or scholarships. yes, there is TF scholarships but football grabs their attention. He mention that while coaching at St. Augustine and Arima, many a times he saw some of these players as good prospect for TF. But they stuck with football.

There are issues of funding, accountability, qualified coaches and many more. Where to start is the question. We only have 3 years for Paris.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2021, 11:50:55 AM »
So I was talking to my good friend Mike Grayson about the situation. He also ran track for QRC in its hey days early 70s. Everything everybody is saying about TT T&F is correct. He said that ethnic demographics is one part of a number of problems. It causes the talent pool to shrink. He said we have to get the other half of the population to encourage their children to participate in sports. He does not see why. If they could run jump throw back in cricket like everyone else, why not football, basketball, swimming, TF, rugby, etc.

He said people always comparing us with JA. That is a reasonable argument. Their talent pool is huge compare to TT. Their primary school system has massive local and regional participation is sports.

Plus there is the issue to TT primary school system. He said a substantial amount of primary schools don't have schools sport or particpate in local area school sports. He is not even sure they have PE. In addition, when common entrance comes around most parents want their children "beating book" and taking lessons for a spot for high school not playing sports. Carnival already consume a lot of the nations energy, it is too much for country with a small talent pool.

He alluded to high schools where football is the primary goal for the yutes because of potential pro contracts or scholarships. yes, there is TF scholarships but football grabs their attention. He mention that while coaching at St. Augustine and Arima, many a times he saw some of these players as good prospect for TF. But they stuck with football.

There are issues of funding, accountability, qualified coaches and many more. Where to start is the question. We only have 3 years for Paris.

Thank you for that Deeks. Just as what I and others suggested. . Start on the primary and secondary school level.

The point about directing footballers with exceptional speed into athletics is good. I remember reading an article in the Jamaica Observer where they talked about 3 youth who were originally footballers playing on Jamaica under 18 or 19 team, were redirected into athletics. One of them even won a medal at world juniors. I think his name is Jaheel Hyde. So it goes to show Jamaica already has something what your friend is talking about. . However we don't. Ato was almost a victim of this. It wasn't until he was in the US, that he was encouraged to pursue track over football.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2021, 12:36:47 PM »
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is Tobago. Tobago has produced 3 WC medalists despite being only 55k,  Quow, Baptiste and Lucas. The secondary schools in Tobago often perform way better than the secondary schools in Trinidad at the secondary school championships. Tobago is doing a better job in taking their athletics serious at secondary school.

Next thing too is encouraging the other events. Most who get into track only want to do the 100 and 200. Especially among the girls.

The field events are getting some interest. But still there should be more.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 12:40:29 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2021, 01:43:22 PM »
1. Some schools have more or less killed "Sports Day" ... with that in progress, how much prestige or influence could athletics bodies have at schools or in the country? Athletics bodies should be lobbying and raising awareness and heightening the prestige of T&F. However, there seems to be a limited view of the level of activism required.

Athletes would like seats filled and fans applauding, but if there are next to no fans, at a minimum they would like to have events at which to participate.

Woeful situation.

2. Remember when not only did schools have their internal athletics competitions and also had other schools invited for relays? That allowed for competition, rivalries and another platform for learning. Sadly, some institutions (principals) failed to appreciate the benefits.

3. Some of the same nonsense and duplication that is evident in football is evident in athletics. It shouldn't be said that the road rules for T&F should be modified but those for football not so much (school sporting entities and national governing bodies need to arrive at a common agenda/priorities).

4. As for ethnic diversity: that drum is to be beaten loudly until the population and policy makers get it. Indeed, it should be raised at the TTFA's upcoming forum on racial discrimination. Both a lack of diversity and racial discrimination live in the same house. Until we understand that, progress will be limited. We simplify it constantly ... when an equity officer or similar function needs to be injected into the conversation.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 01:47:00 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2021, 03:38:33 PM »
1. Some schools have more or less killed "Sports Day" ... with that in progress, how much prestige or influence could athletics bodies have at schools or in the country? Athletics bodies should be lobbying and raising awareness and heightening the prestige of T&F. However, there seems to be a limited view of the level of activism required.

Athletes would like seats filled and fans applauding, but if there are next to no fans, at a minimum they would like to have events at which to participate.

Woeful situation.
When I was in college my roommate for 2 years was on the track team and he was from JA. His friend from secondary school in JA transferred in from TCU and was on the track team as well. I also had a teammate on the football team from JA and the 4 of us would lime in my room at nights and often times they would speak about the biggest track and field event in JA secondary schools, "Champs". According to them it is the granddaddy of all track and field events. Packed stadium each day, seemed like everybody and they mammy showed up. The atmosphere they described didn't come close to secondary schools sports day in the Hasely Crawford stadium and that used to be a big thing.
They also used to tell me about Marc Burns and Richard Thompson, they had nuff respect for them in the words of my roommate "dem men dey tuff mi yute....bombaclaaaaaaaat"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2021, 07:28:17 PM »
1. I remember stumbling upon the existence of/the coming of World Junior Champs. Saw a reference to it in a running magazine. Other than that WJC seemed to be a secret activity from the T&T perspective. The magazine had a list of the World Junior records and qualifying standards. That was a 💡 moment because prior to seeing that info I had insufficient to NO context on what times were to be targeted in my age group or were realistic beyond T&T airspace. I knew what the pros were running as a distant reference ... mixed in with some optimistic notion that junior level numbers should/would whittle over time. Shouldn't someone have been informing me?

Would have been a different experience for 1/4 milers and lower. Other than that, it was a desert.

2. We might not have been lighting up medal ceremonies at the Olympics but world-class runners were frequently in T&T and they were all very approachable and easy to engage. And that counted for something.

Contrast that with a lack of mentorship among locals. Not a nurturing scene really. It was sink or swim or quit or prepare.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 05:49:45 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2021, 03:54:17 AM »
 I went home one Easter in the 80s, and it so happened that the Carifta games was being held. Man that was like Bingo for me. I was in HCS for the two days. I carried my little cousin with me. We had fun. Now 2 of his daughters play volleybol with the TT junior volleyball team. At that games Marc Burns was running U-17. Also Fana Ashby was the top female sprinter for TT.

One thing that stay true to the games was JA dominance. It was not their winning most of the medals that bothered me. It was the share depth of their talent pool. They always had 2 or more athletes in an event. In some of the longer events we did not ave any athletes, especially in the female category.  Even though we came second in medals, we were a distant second.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2021, 05:15:42 AM »

Woeful situation.
When I was in college my roommate for 2 years was on the track team and he was from JA. His friend from secondary school in JA transferred in from TCU and was on the track team as well. I also had a teammate on the football team from JA and the 4 of us would lime in my room at nights and often times they would speak about the biggest track and field event in JA secondary schools, "Champs". According to them it is the granddaddy of all track and field events. Packed stadium each day, seemed like everybody and they mammy showed up. The atmosphere they described didn't come close to secondary schools sports day in the Hasely Crawford stadium and that used to be a big thing.
They also used to tell me about Marc Burns and Richard Thompson, they had nuff respect for them in the words of my roommate "dem men dey tuff mi yute....bombaclaaaaaaaat"

It is like a paid infomercial. They go on and on and on about it ... as unpaid brand ambassadors. Which says something. Sort of an amped up version of how "we" sold Carnival.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2021, 05:40:17 AM »
I went home one Easter in the 80s, and it so happened that the Carifta games was being held. Man that was like Bingo for me. I was in HCS for the two days. I carried my little cousin with me. We had fun. Now 2 of his daughters play volleybol with the TT junior volleyball team. At that games Marc Burns was running U-17. Also Fana Ashby was the top female sprinter for TT.

One thing that stay true to the games was JA dominance. It was not their winning most of the medals that bothered me. It was the share depth of their talent pool. They always had 2 or more athletes in an event. In some of the longer events we did not ave any athletes, especially in the female category.  Even though we came second in medals, we were a distant second.

If Burns and Ashby ran that would have been in the 90s.

Anyone recall/know whether that was a CARIFTA Games T&T hosted at the last minute due to another nation being unable to host?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2021, 06:01:32 AM »

Woeful situation.

You sure it wasn't Darrel Brown they liked too? Darrel Brown moved to Jamaica to train with MVP (Asafa, Shelly Ann). Darrel got a lot of love from the Jamaicans. When he won the WJ in Jamaica, the talk was that him and Bolt will be the kings of Track and field. I know this because I know his cousin well.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2021, 06:14:30 AM »
1. I remember stumbling upon the existence of/the coming of World Junior Champs. Saw a reference to it in a running magazine. Other than that WJC seemed to be a secret activity from the T&T perspective. The magazine had a list of the World Junior records and qualifying standards. That was a 💡 moment because prior to seeing that info I had insufficient to NO context on what times were to be targeted in my age group or were realistic beyond T&T airspace. I knew what the pros were running as a distant reference ... mixed in with some optimistic notion that junior level numbers should/would whittle over time. Shouldn't someone have been informing me?

Would have been a different experience for 1/4 milers and lower. Other than that, it was a desert.

2. We might not have been lighting up medal ceremonies at the Olympics but world-class runners were frequently in T&T and they were all very approachable and easy to engage. And that counted for something.

Contrast that with a lack of mentorship among locals. Not a nurturing scene really. It was sink or swim or quit or prepare.
Good points there Asylumseeker.

It's funny that men in here can identify the problems facing. But them old heads running the show, seem to don't know their ass from their elbow.

Meh old man told me in the 50s and 60s Track was becoming very popular. Told me a story how him, and Leroy DeLeon brother (I forget his name) was on the track team. Deleon was trying to encourage my dad to do the hurdles. Because all the footballers that were doing track, were all doing the 100, 200 and 400. Apparently DeLeon was good at hurdles too and could have easily made the 72 and 76 team.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 06:27:41 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2021, 09:27:34 AM »
https://newsday.co.tt/2021/08/09/boldon-amateur-approach-has-left-trinidad-and-tobago-athletics-trailing/

Boldon: 'Amateur' approach has left Trinidad and Tobago athletics trailing

FORMER sprint star Ato Boldon has blasted the "amateur" approach to track and field in Trinidad and Tobago, after he accurately predicted the country would end the 2020 Olympic Games without an athletics medal.

In fact, TT ended the games without a medal in any sport – the first time since the 1992 Barcelona edition.

Boldon expressed his frustration on Sunday as the curtains came down on the Tokyo Games, pointing fingers at the body in charge of track and field in TT – the National Association of Athletics Administrations (NAAA).

Boldon has openly criticised the NAAA for years.

Boldon is a four-time Olympic medallist – two medals apiece at the 1996 Atlanta and 2000 Sydney Games – and a World Championship (1997) 200m champion.

The build-up to the 2020 Olympics was not ideal as the local-based TT athletes were hampered by the covid19 pandemic. Many complained about lack of access to training facilities. The Government did allow training for teams and athletes preparing for international competition but there were still many challenges for the athletes.

Boldon, who did commentary during the Tokyo Games, is the lead track and field analyst for NBC Sports Group.

In a post on Facebook he said, “Oh, the irony of the winning Jamaican women’s (4x100m) team being plastered on the front page of the Trinidad and Tobago Guardian. We were third behind them in 2015 at the World Championships.”

TT did not advance past the heats in Tokyo in the women’s 4x100m event.

Boldon asked rhetorically what changes would be made for the 2024 Paris Olympics.

“Same dotishness, same jokers talking a set of annual rubbish, same 1970s thinking, same personal agendas, same relay coaching roulette, same pretending sh---- Carifta/junior results are ok, same ‘we not changing a damn thing, this good enough.’

"Vex with me if you want for pointing out the obvious, but you vex with the wrong person."

For the first time since the 1988 Seoul Olympics TT did not have a representative in the men's 100m event.

The 2018 Commonwealth 100m champ, Michelle-Lee Ahye, narrowly missed a spot in the women's final.

The national men and women's 4x100 teams exited in the preliminary heats.

Four TT track and field athletes/teams qualified for finals for TT. Debutants Portious Warren (shot put) and Tyra Gittens (long jump) qualified for finals, placing 11th and tenth, respectively.

In the men's 200m final, Jereem Richards, on his Olympic debut, was eighth. He was part of the 4x400m relay men who competed in the final. They finished eighth after Dwight St Hillaire injured his hamstring on the third leg.

Boldon lamented, "We have been left behind by so many countries at the highest level of sport because we are stuck doing the same AMATEUR things and expecting a different result. It pains me to see where things are now.”

Boldon later mentioned the NAAA as he tweeted, “The beatings will continue until morale improves.”

In a Newsday interview in early June, Boldon said, “I’ve said it before and I will say it again, it is going to be a rough Olympics for us.

“We don’t have anybody right now that is a medal contender…that could change like I said, but right now on June 2, 2021 we do not have anybody in any event or a relay that is a medal contender.”

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2021, 09:28:17 AM »
I was waiting for Ato to speak about the performance. I know he wasnt going to hold back.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2021, 12:30:46 PM »
You sure it wasn't Darrel Brown they liked too? Darrel Brown moved to Jamaica to train with MVP (Asafa, Shelly Ann). Darrel got a lot of love from the Jamaicans. When he won the WJ in Jamaica, the talk was that him and Bolt will be the kings of Track and field. I know this because I know his cousin well.
Now you say it it could've been Brown and Burns. They all spoke very highly of those two in particular, like full props.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2021, 12:42:14 PM »
I was waiting for Ato to speak about the performance. I know he wasnt going to hold back.
Good for him. It's the sport he's passionate about and was outstanding at the highest levels. He of all people has the cachet to put them on blast. 

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2021, 03:31:07 PM »
Good for him. It's the sport he's passionate about and was outstanding at the highest levels. He of all people has the cachet to put them on blast. 

Absolutely. These guys running the show do not want to be told what to do. Especially from someone who has that cache. They would rather have people around who keep them in they comfort zone.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2021, 04:44:42 PM »

Absolutely. These guys running the show do not want to be told what to do. Especially from someone who has that cache. They would rather have people around who keep them in they comfort zone.
why don’t that tosser from sando call ato an old complaining nuisance? after all he basically repeated my exact sentiments, he’s here complaining about our failure at the olympics and the lack of developmental programs together with the cluelessness of the respective federation presidents in charge of these sport disciplines, and he’s not on the forum like he used too be and he’s up in age like I am, or is it that they love to jump on people they don’t deem as important?

what ato said could easily apply to any sporting body in TT just like I have outlined in recent times, and he’s 100% correct. it’s a bunch of self important unconscionable clueless trinis who’s in charge of sports on that island, and the majority of them are without degrees or qualification to hold down these portfolios, yet their friends and former colleagues in the sport has given them the vote of confidence to further destroy the sport. how many years must the public suffer as a result of nepotism.

a perfect example was angus eve’s performance at the gold cup, his friends in the sport like Clayton Morris and the fearless one has given him a passing grade to continue although he has won not a single game in the gold cup while losing out to guatemala a game he should have won. if terry fenwick had done what he did vs mexico the whole country would have been inundated with negative comments claiming how it was the worst game we ever played, but since it was one of their good friends they claimed it was a brilliant strategy. this is the rubbish we TT supporters have to contend with from these so called sport legends and vision less administrators,

and there are fools who’s claiming that we shouldn’t expect any better because that’s the norm, and only because you don’t frequent a section of a certain message board you shouldn’t complain, oh yeh? well is time to change the norm says not only me, but the king of track and field in trinbago, a man with 4 Olympic medals.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 04:49:18 PM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2021, 05:31:46 PM »

why don’t that tosser from sando call ato an old complaining nuisance? after all he basically repeated my exact sentiments, he’s here complaining about our failure at the olympics and the lack of developmental programs together with the cluelessness of the respective federation presidents in charge of these sport disciplines, and he’s not on the forum like he used too be and he’s up in age like I am, or is it that they love to jump on people they don’t deem as important?

what ato said could easily apply to any sporting body in TT just like I have outlined in recent times, and he’s 100% correct. it’s a bunch of self important unconscionable clueless trinis who’s in charge of sports on that island, and the majority of them are without degrees or qualification to hold down these portfolios, yet their friends and former colleagues in the sport has given them the vote of confidence to further destroy the sport. how many years must the public suffer as a result of nepotism.

a perfect example was angus eve’s performance at the gold cup, his friends in the sport like Clayton Morris and the fearless one has given him a passing grade to continue although he has won not a single game in the gold cup while losing out to guatemala a game he should have won. if terry fenwick had done what he did vs mexico the whole country would have been inundated with negative comments claiming how it was the worst game we ever played, but since it was one of their good friends they claimed it was a brilliant strategy. this is the rubbish we TT supporters have to contend with from these so called sport legends and vision less administrators,

and there are fools who’s claiming that we shouldn’t expect any better because that’s the norm, and only because you don’t frequent a section of a certain message board you shouldn’t complain, oh yeh? well is time to change the norm says not only me, but the king of track and field in trinbago, a man with 4 Olympic medals.

Yeah I with you on that Pullstones. Maybe the Eve analogy might not be the best. But your points got my support.

Sando was just a bit disappointed like all of us. I've been there too. I sure he has faith that if the right people were involved with athletics in TT, the results will be better.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2021, 05:34:10 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

High praise from high respected people  :D

Whatever make you sleep at night old stones

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2021, 05:35:43 PM »
Everyone crying like after every Olympics and after every World Champs, Including Ato... the usual historic trajectory is still 0 to 1 medals and there was nothing to make you believe it would have been any different in Tokyo

You can come here and post your guts away in this forum, no one cares  :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 05:42:39 PM by Sando prince »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2021, 04:04:49 AM »
Everyone crying like after every Olympics and after every World Champs, Including Ato... the usual historic trajectory is still 0 to 1 medals and there was nothing to make you believe it would have been any different in Tokyo

You can come here and post your guts away in this forum, no one cares  :D
it's either you have a considerable amount of burro in your DNA or english is not your first language. let me reiterate for the millionth time since context has somehow evaded you. mister no one really cares about medals or achievement as much as proper planning and effort being put in place to ensure success by these administration presidents.

what you're saying is leave things the way they are because that's the best we will ever do, while we're saying that we could do much better if the people who are in charge only had a clue, and i'm not surprised with the way you think, wim risbergen talked about people like you when he coached the national team, even a foreigner saw it clearly, that's how obviously glaring it must be.

he said you happy go lucky trinis spend your precious time liming under coconut trees drinking jin and coconut water and taking it easy instead of putting in the work necessary to achieve success, and people like ato, kenwin jones, oto fister, benhakker, steven hart and sheldon phillips shared the very exact sentiment, which is that we need to invest much more on our sportsmen and women with better infrastructure and developmental strategy in order to compete well. 

ato himself predicted that we would not get a single medal, i myself was hoping that no one medalled (i even post it on page 4 of this same thread way before the track and field kicked off), and just so that they (the respective association bosses and their chorus line) would finally get the message that you just can't scramble a team together at the 11th hour without proper planning and be successful, and this is what people are really concerned about.

the government is pouring millions into sports each and every year with billions of dollars in sporting allocations in the annual budget, yet all these brainless donkeys are lagging behind in their respective sporting discipline with the same strategy over and over. they plan better for carnival and devali than they do for any major sporting tournament, and ato is basically saying that he's tired of the lazy effort, and we could do better if the right thinking people were in charge.

no one is saying that we should bring home a wheel barrow filled with an assortment of medals like china and russia or we aught to put jamaica and the rest of the caribbean athletes to shame, no. what we're saying is that our athletes should at least be given the right grooming at a tender age in a proper professional environment in order to compete well, and that's all we ask, but as it stands good money is being wasted by a bunch of clueless monkeys who refused to admit that they're in over their heads.

evidently the athletes and the good citizens of this nation are not getting bang for their buck and simply because the wrong people are in charge, and not only are they clueless, but they refuse the council and aid of professionals like ato who offered themselves and their services and was ignored, while they (the administrators) continue along the same losing avenue, and it's high time that they step aside and let people with know-how and vision steer the ship from now on, but knowing my people as well as i do....... their inflated egos would not allow it. they would rather sink the ship with everyone on it, the quint essential trinidadian mindset. at least that's what i got from ato bolden, and i second his sentiments 1000%.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 05:13:05 AM by pull stones »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2021, 05:26:34 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Old man energy on an internet forum

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2021, 05:36:48 AM »
i heard big mouth brian lewis on the news last night saying that next time we will do better. the nerve of these people who believe that they should grow old and wither in the seat of power, like somehow they were anointed president and not elected.

i would think that if i was was under performing in my duties that i would have the pride in myself to step aside and allow someone who's more knowledgeable to lead, i guess i'm that way because i left trinidad at a very young age so the disease of egoism did not have enough time to take root. this man should be hiding under a bed until next year before making any statements, at least until every one forgets, but here he is big and bold running his big mouth trying to pacify the public.

man, living in trinidad must be a wonderful experience, you get to do whatever you like and still keep your position. it must be true what most london trinis claim, they say that trinidad is a paradise. there must be some truth to that as it clearly seems to be the case, at least from my point of view....at least....
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 04:50:24 PM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2021, 10:25:34 AM »

Yuh turning into a rell troll or what now. .  :rotfl:

Pullstones, there are about 3 articles in TT Newsday discussing the same matter. In a way I see what Sando saying. . This uproar at the end of the games is becoming the norm.

Ato called out the TTNAAA big time. The TTNAAA ran away like a dog with their tails between their legs and refused to comment about Ato's comments. Like I said previously, if Ato was to get involved, and had say, more than half of them jokers in the TTNAAA will be out of a paycheck.

More drama coming with this. Yuh go see

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2021, 01:57:38 PM »

Pullstones, there are about 3 articles in TT Newsday discussing the same matter. In a way I see what Sando saying. . This uproar at the end of the games is becoming the norm.

Ato called out the TTNAAA big time. The TTNAAA ran away like a dog with their tails between their legs and refused to comment about Ato's comments. Like I said previously, if Ato was to get involved, and had say, more than half of them jokers in the TTNAAA will be out of a paycheck.

How long should we wait for this so called more drama?

Just another long usual after Olympics/World Champs facebook post from Ato is the only drama you going to get or can expect.

But we waiting for this next drama you excited about

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2021, 03:16:17 PM »

Just another long usual after Olympics/World Champs facebook post from Ato is the only drama you going to get or can expect.

The "drama" drawing attention to the matter. Whether or not change occurs, this is how issues get pu out in the open. Again if something comes out of this, that is a whole different story.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2021, 03:35:59 PM »

The "drama" drawing attention to the matter. Whether or not change occurs, this is how issues get pu out in the open. Again if something comes out of this, that is a whole different story.

Ok sound like your usual lil boy after Olympics tears. Ok lets call it drama

Keep crying a couple more days. We rel rel love the drama boy.. who is listening again?

internet online energy   :D

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2021, 04:33:23 PM »
This one seems to have hit a different nerve based on who is calling me now, but there are some good points being made here, chief of which is this -

OUR MEMORIES ARE SHORT NO ARSE!

In 2016, I saw the jokes, the memes, the cartoons, the ridicule directed at the team, (one in particular with a skeleton and the caption "waiting for Team TTO to win a medal") and on the LAST day Keshorn pulls out a medal and we give a sigh of relief. Ah we got one.

So forgive my incredulousness when now suddenly the NAAA says "There needs to be a national conversation on sport"

REALLY? So the one medal in Rio wasn't our red flag? What about our one medal in 2004? Wasn't then either?

The ship has been taking on water for decades while we act like somehow we would never sink. Now we are halfway to the bottom with another Olympics 36 months away. THE TRUTH is that NOTHING really happens in 36 months, and - early prediction - ZERO medals (1 at most) in Paris, too.

They are hoping all of this goes away, so they can go back to business as usual.

TRUST THAT.

BORN TO DO IT

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2021, 04:43:44 PM »
Ato they already went back to business as usual. Why you hurt up your head anyway? remember you said you dust your hands off completely so it is what it is because it shows you still want to be involved

I have already told the fools in here you are only disappointed because you set unrealistic expectations of medals. On what basis are you predicting T&T to win a bag of medals? What has changed in the last ten years? What is our usual trajectory of medals at the Olympics in the last 25+ years? one medal here and one medal there has always been the norm.

I can agree with Ato, allyuh memories short! So Ato go ahead you just keep predicting no medals. People will just get used to you saying this in the end and no medals happen we already used to that.. :D

1]; } ?>