March 28, 2024, 04:44:09 AM

Author Topic: Brent Sancho Thread.  (Read 13156 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Bravo: I was there to support Sancho
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 06:33:22 PM »
I does still feel to do this every time I see Sancho in the mix.................

:puking: :puking: :puking:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2015, 07:05:15 PM »
I hear toco manzanilla.

And bravo supported the unc long time so no scene. Everybody has the right to associate with which ever party they wish.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2015, 08:08:38 PM »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2015, 08:15:58 PM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2015, 09:01:22 PM »
I does still feel to do this every time I see Sancho in the mix.................

:puking: :puking: :puking:

Girl I by gravol by the case.
I hear toco manzanilla.

And bravo supported the unc long time so no scene. Everybody has the right to associate with which ever party they wish.

Yes and we have a write to call him an Uncle Tom if he does. Yea the PNM candidate very week. It have real brave people when I see who getting to run to be MP.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Minister of Sport Brent Sancho Thread.
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 05:35:37 PM »
STEUPS! WHY THE MODS MERGE MY BRAVO THREAD WITH SANCHO!!! THIS STORY NOW GETTING INTERESTING!  :pissedoff:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2015, 07:05:34 PM »
STEUPS! WHY THE MODS MERGE MY BRAVO THREAD WITH SANCHO!!! THIS STORY NOW GETTING INTERESTING!  :pissedoff:

They need to allow certain stories to run their course before merging with related topics as it only helps to kill off the number of responses to these topics when they are so quickly merged.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 07:07:08 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 11:12:11 AM »
Bourbon you mean Toco/ Sangre Grande?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 01:49:44 AM »
Cricket Board, Sports Ministry sign million-dollar club deal
By Sean Nero (Guardian).

Sports Minister Brent Sancho and Azim Bassarath, president of the T&T Cricket Board yesterday signed a million-dollar deal that will see 191 clubs in various categories access critical assistance from the state.

The agreement was signed at a media conference held at the VIP Lounge at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Woodbrook, where Sancho announced premier one clubs would each receive $25,000, while premier two clubs would be entitled to $13,000 each.

The sum of $10,000 has been allocated to clubs in the championship division, while, clubs from Tobago, as well as, the zones were presented with grants valued at $2,500 each.

Sancho praised Bassarath for his quality approach to the discussions that led to rebuilding the relationship between the board and the ministry.

The TTCB official said letters requesting assistance for his membership were sent to the ministry twice before. Those correspondences were not acknowledged.

This time around, he said, letters issued on February 9 this year, did not go unattended as a direct result of the new minister’s philosophy.

Sancho said: “I want to ask Mr Bassarath and his executive to give a serious thought to making your top league a semi-professional league, so that more young people will see sport as a viable career option and that they do not have to wait on the West Indies cricket team to present such an opportunity. A semi-professional league will also open the door to other top cricketers choosing T&T as a possible place of work, while helping in developing the game in T&T. Because of the strength of the club system in cricket, I told Mr Bassarath that we should work together to ensure the survival of club life and club competition in T&T.”

He added, “The Ministry of Sport in conjunction with the TTCB have decided to allocate $1 million to clubs in T&T to help with their on-going work in the key areas of administration and development. No club is being left out and after some hard bargaining by your president, we have arrived at the following breakdown. I fully understand the cost of the game is way beyond today’s grant. I assure you that this is a start and that my ministry will continue to aggressively find ways to ensure clubs survive and even thrive in T&T.”

Sancho underscored how cricket played a key role in the destiny of so many of this country’s heroes and said it would be a serious breach not to pay attention to the sport.

On taking up office a month ago, he said, cricket was a top priority.

“While the sport has been experiencing serious challenges across the region, T&T has been a shining light. Our Red Force is the envy of the world. Kieron Pollard, the Bravo Brothers (Dwayne and Darren), Sunil Narine, Shannon Gabriel, Lendl Simmons, Samuel Badree, Ravi Rampaul, Denesh Ramdin, are just a few of the names to have graduated from the programmes of the TTCB and the club that are its members and indeed the communities that nurture those clubs. Thanks to the TTCB and you the clubs, these young men are now making sport a very good livelihood,” he said.

In a direct response, Bassarath said, “Our clubs, Mr Minister, continue to unearth, nurture and develop talent to represent our country and our region. Yes, all our stars of today are home grown. They represent clubs. They represent communities. They have all passed through our youth development programmes. As a board, we recognise the highly important role that our local clubs fill in the making of a cricketer and even in the lean years, we rewarded their input in a small, but tangible way.”

He added, “Today, your ministry has joined us in recognising our clubs and we thank you and your staff at the ministry, who all, we are sure worked to make this possible. To the clubs who are the recipients: a word of advice and caution. We at the TTCB are here to facilitate growth and improvement of our sport. We are custodians of the game on your behalf. Let this contribution by the Ministry of Sport enhance your club, your community and the game of cricket. Do not spend, but invest for investment brings returns.”

Former WIPA president Dinnanath Ramnarine receives a check valued at $15,000 from Minister of Sports, Senator Brent Sancho during the distribution of cheques to local cricket clubs at the VIP Lounge, Hasley Crawford Stadium, yesterday. PHOTO: ABRAHAM DIAZ

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2015, 05:25:11 AM »
February 03,

My interview with new minister of sports Sancho.
Interview with Samuel Edwards.

Sam: Yo Sanch, wadda up, congrats on your new wok.
Sancho: Thanx boy, thanx. I really lucky to get in, to be a minister in T&T you dont really need to be a college graduate, even though I went St John in de US but left to play ball in Finland and bull gal.

Sam: So what is your plans for football seeing that you eh like Tim Kee.
Sancho: Between you and I Sam, I plan to start a campaign very soon to bring Kevin Jack to run for TTFA head, you know this wok only short term because tanty Kamla-matie gone soon, so I want to take full advantage while ah here. Tim Kee does lie to much and he hate de public. I will suffer de national team and force him out. But ah plan to improve de pro league and super league, Central FC will be de new Malabar FC when they was under Anal Roberts. Expect to see more Central players on de national side, we need to sell players so de club will survive and now I have a chomp card to make sure Central players get first pick. Expect a lot of changes, I want to scrap de thiefing Sports company of T&T and finally start up de players union, I want to bring Lasana, Gally and Eve onboard soon and bring back de lifesport program under new management, how to cut grass for under $50,000 a month, we importing a few goats from Jamaica to help out, 3 black ram and a brown nanny.

Sam: How did you get that wok boy?
Sancho: Myself and tanty meet up by Lalls liquor depot in Curepe and when she head get nice, I apply for de wok right they and she take me eeen one time. She say she cabinet full of indians and she wanted to paint a difference color as election close nah, I remember when we was fighting Jack, we wrote her a million times and she never even acknowledge us, look how de tables turn now. Jack in she dog house now and I in she kat,,,,,,,, She want to bring Machel to be AG soon now that Ramlogan gone and Ravi B to replace Gary Griffith. Now all them Guyanese and Jamaicans could stay in T&T illegal once more, election coming and Gary gone. Tanty might be a drunk but she eh no ass. Big up, big up, Tanty, big up, big up.... now I can feed my family once more.

Sam: So will de national teams and league teams have a stadium to call home.
Sancho: I want de TTFA out of de national stadium, ent they building a new stadium let them go they. As for de league teams, yes, they go get de Manny Ramjohn to use once carnival done. Is fete first, water melon second and football last. (((ring))) (((ring))) hold on Sam, leh me take this, hello, this is de new sheriff in town, how can I help,,,, [yea, this is brownsugar from de SWO, and I have a flipping question for u].... shoot.,,,, [I didnt know yuh was ah indian giver? yuh jump over to UNC/PP now, I am really disappointed, I thought you was PNM for life, just remember how much de SWO did for you guys when you went through allyuh court battle]..... no, no, I will not forget allyuh, infact, I will contact Flex and work out something for SWO soon, doh worry, I only using this as a platform, soon as tanty loose election, I jumping over like Gypsy,,, [ok then, brownie still love yuh, and see if you go hook up my BFF weary with a promotion nah, she to woking for tanty and getting de same pay since 1976],,, ok, I will see to that and ah want to offer Flex a job to on my books, axe him if he interested, meet me by JAPS in Port of Spain Friday morning. {{Saying to himself}}.... if ah had de same wok as minister of sports under PNM they woulda be happy, is not about de party, think outside de box, its about de individual.

Sam: So whats de plan for de other athletes in T&T.
Sancho: I plan on supplying all athletes with free fry chicken for life courtesy JAPS, that KFC de TTFF use to feed we was real junk. We have to feed our athletes proper food and take better care of them. Anyhow Sam, I in de States now, I have to go, will be in T&T on Thursday, tanty sending a first class ticket for meh, she say stop in duty free and pick up a few gallons of Bacardi as a payment. Boy, I love this wok, life as a politician in T&T is sweet, you sign up, thief a few millions and resign and yuh could keep de money or, and between you and I, you really feel we paying back that money tanty give us (de 06 Warriors), that was only for show, to let de TTFA know we eh fraid them, they not of de hook.

Sam: But is Jack who rip allyuh off.
Sancho, yea, but yuh know de saying, Peter pay for Paul and Paul mudda come from America. We also realise that we cant beat Jack, he just to good, but Tim Kee is easy pray.

Sam: So allyuh was really going and kill T&T football if allyuh didn't get allyuh money.
Sancho: Maybe not, that was a bluff, but I can tell you Sam, Tim Kee does real lie, frank-o-ment lies and he have Sheldon lying for him to and making false promises to we and the players, I spoke to a few national players and none of them want to play anymore for T&T because they real vex, players still aint get they money from de last caribbean cup. Every week we getting money and it cah reach yet. They playing one game every six months and saying we lucky to play Argentina but by de time de next game come, de players forget each other. Hyland watching Jones like he never see him before, that shit have to stop. De women team not playing for T&T again, de Under 17 ladies say they not playing, they fed up.

Sam: So Kevin, what now for Central FC.
FS: Money will flow like water now, and I am de new boss at Central. Its all about de green. I love T&T, were Jack Horner, where him? talk nah, talk.

Sam: Good luck.
FS: Thank you Sam and dont worry, I will organise a proper trial for Roopie soon..

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2015, 05:25:22 AM »
De follow up with new minister of sports Sancho.
Interview with Samuel Edwards.

Sam: Sancho, ah hear yuh doh like creole, tha's ture?
Sancho: My best friend is Kevin Harrision, my wife is from Germany, I woking for Kamla and my hair long and straight, does that answer yuh question?

Sam: Are you a real Rastafarian?
Sancho: I am in politics and I eat and sell fry chicken (JAPS only), does that answer yuh question? Which real rasta does do that? I only get this hairstyle to bull girls when I was in St John in de US. They like rastas up they.

Sam: I notice since yuh get de MOS wok, yuh only studding big projects, like macco-ing de stadiums and facilities, but not doing de small things that would make a difference, like grassroots stuff, how come?
Sancho: I am here for a short time Sam,,,,,, I cant make long term change, that is for de federations to do, I am all about making T&T look modernise, make sure we have top class facilities so when foreigners visit they will see how beautiful T&T is even though we athletics cant use de facilities at least we go look like a first world country. I want us to look good for de world Sam, when I build all these facilities, when PNM win de next election at least they go get everything woking in correct order, them go benefit from my hard work, I also want de facilities to pay for them selves so de government dont have to spend any extra money,,,, foreigners will use it during the day and then fetes in de night,,,,,. Let de federations build they own grounds,,,,,,,,,. Ah planning to kick out de TTFA from de stadium soon, ah need to renovate it, de stadium in a bad state because carnival just done nah and de fields destroy,,,,,,. More facilities equals more fete and more money in de government pocket,,,,,,, T&T is a party capital, yuh eh see de NAPA building how it destroying slowly because of de cheap Chinese wok and how de PNM government keep de rest,,,,,, we need to use our stadiums because it stronger and can hold more people, which equals more money,,,,. This is why I not fixing Dwight Yorke Stadium, Tobago have to little bit of people and they cant fill de stadiums for parties,,,,, yuh eh see we doh even have one footballer from Tobago on de T&T team now. Even Yorke eh care bout he own people he does drive drunk in Tobago and bounce don people and walk free, ent he get bounce dong when he did small to and de driver walk free, so he learn well..

Sam: So yuh went to some tops colleges in T&T and USA but yuh cant spell Laventille, how come?
Sancho: Sam, I get into St John's because I could of play ball, not because I was bright....... Boy, yuh feel them people in T&T care about my spelling, them eh even have computers? once they get rum and football around election time them happy, I want to help de caribbean people,,,,, f00ck T&T, this is why I pick Laventille where all de Grenadians and Vicentians Eric Williams bring, de Guyanese Panday and Kamla bring and de Africans, Chinese and Haitians Patrick Manning bring living there illegally,,,,,,, Laventille will be a multicultural city when I am done with it. They have footballs now, even though them eh have no fields, they could clean up de Beetham and play Futsal soon. That is grassroots Sam...

Sam: Ah see Flex axe yuh ah question about changing or asking tanty Kamla to change de law to help us get a bigger pool or have more options to get some better foreign born players on de T&T side, but yuh said no, yuh prefer home grown, but I eh seeing yuh enforcing any grass roots program to help develop home grown yet,,,,,, even yuh team Central FC doh even have a good youth system and yuh coaches eh even home grown, infact, even de staff yuh hire is not home grown, how come?
Sancho: Sam, I am a pelican,,,,,, sorry,,,,,, ah mean politician now Sam, (I have to get a spell check yes)......,,,,, so I have to be very diplo-automatic about how I answer anyona, ah mean anyone,,,,,. I dont like locals, this is why Kevin Harrison is my right hand man,,,,,, me eh care about bringing foreigners here to play for T&T,,,,,, so them could look better than we, I want to see Tim Kee suffer, infact, Tim Kee doh want no foreign born either,,,,,, he eh know if he ass punch or if it boar,,,,,,, so if them eh care, yuh want me to care? Flex axe very good questions and all make sense, but I wanted to be very diplomatic and I wanted it to be my ideas first, this is why I didn't answer them truthfully.

Sam: So TTFA election is in June, yuh planning or nominating someone?
Sancho: Well, yes, I want to bring in Kelvin Jack, he eh woking at de moment and he money he got from Kamla done,,,,,, so I want to bring him in, ah axe Shaka fost, but he only studying to sniff Yorke and Lara bottom anyway they go,,,,,, he playing golf in Tobago now,,,,,, these guys doh help nobody,,,,,,, yuh eh see he leave de court case and gone, he and he father is users, all de talk about bringing down Jack done,,,,,, them men have real contacts in Europe, yuh even see him even get a youth from T&T a trial with a club self? yuh ever see him return home to help with football,,,,,, even if is just a week camp? Look at Yorke, he bringing a bunch of retired ole men to play football in Tobago, f00ck gals and drink rum,,,,,, but de T&T government make he ambassador,,,,,,, what a f00cking joke,,,,,,,. So back to yuh question, I want Kevin there, he is good.....,,, (((ring))) (((Ring)))... [hold on Sam]... [hello]... (yes, hello, this is Mike Berry, ah just want yuh to know, ah hear yuh pushing for Kelvin to be TTFA president, yuh know I is he agent and I want my 50%, he still owe me money yuh know).... beep, beep, beep.... please hand up and try yuh call again, this is a recording.

Sam: Who was that boy?
Sancho: Nah, a long time pal, anyhow, forget he, back to de TTFA election, Sam, Tim Kee is de POS mayor, yuh ever hear him doing anything good for POS? Look he bring Sheldon Phillips here and we cant hear from him or see him, he doh come out he office to even see what goes on in training or on de field,,,,,, de man bring some TTFA plan for me to read and only talking about what they accomplish,,,,,, nothing forward and yuh eh see de shirt they have them fellas wearing, boy, them men vex, Hyland tell me, de light in de stadium when they was playing Panama was reflecting off de shirt and blinding them, that is why de team played badly in de first half, then when they change sides for de second half one bulb did blow on de east side so it was much better, ah axe Hart if he like de uniform, Hart tell me, he vex, he say de logo on top they shoulders and JOMA had some left over shirts, they just fix up and send for them,,,,,, Sam boy, I cant support this unprofessional way, they have no idea, they hire a bunch of cock burners and they do as they please, look what happen with de Argentina thing,,,,,,,. Teams only doing good because of individual talents and the love for the coach,,,,,,, but axe them players if the happy, look Hart and half of de team eh get paid since de Caribbean Cup, yuh feel Tim Kee studying that. Something have to be done about Tim Kee, yuh know he tell me point blank eh doh get paid to be de TTFA president and de POS Mayor, so he want everybody else to follow he motto,,,,,,. I will make sure T&T look bad for this Gold Cup,,,,,, Tim Kee will be gone and I will jump right in. Everything plan out,,,,,, you feel T&T football could make money? this is why I only support Cricket because its an indian sports, and once it have indians, cricket and rum,,,,, we will make money,,,,,,,,. Ah planning to selling Central FC and opening a curry factory soon,,,,,, Gally might buy it,,,,,,. You have to be smart Sam. Talking about Central, we only here two years now and we miles ahead of de TTFA, look at how the club in run and then look at de federation.

Sam: Ah like Kevin Harrision, I feel out of all them fellas, he is very good.
Sancho: Yes, Kevin is my right hand, infact, he might run for TTFA head to,,,, if I say pull meh toetie, he does do it, no questions asked, so why should I hire someone else, them Trinis want to much money,,,, yuh eh see who doing all de hard labour in T&T, is Guyanses,,,,,,, anyhow Sam, I have to go, I going up by Charlie and eat some puddin now,,,,,, we go link up again, ah like yuh interviews (((ring)) (((ring))), [hold on Sam, Maylee callin], hello darlin... (Hello baby, yuh know ah missin yuh, ah like man in power yuh know, ask Jack),,, [look oman, I is ah respectable man in this community yuh know..... whispering now, honey shhh, ah cah talk now, Sam here and he does hear everything, so ah playing it off nah, doh vex, doh vex]..,,,, (ok, ok, bye, call me later and stay way from that Brownsuger gal, she is hard core PNM, she go plan for yuh)..... [ah know right, them people on SWO is a real pain in de ass, Kevin tell me all about each one of them, he even tell me since Touches met his wife on SWO, he doh post no more, he went to eharmony to promote SWO now).

Sam: One more question, yuh going after Jack for allyuh money?
Sancho: Why, and Tim Kee paying we?,,,,,,, yuh go buy de f00cking cow if yuh getting de milk free? Ah figure out a way to cheat de T&T government though,,,,,,, and my time short, so ah want to be like ah de other Sport Ministers,,,,,, thief and go free,,,,,,, so here is de plan, take off yuh mike, this one is just for you,,,,,, give de TTFA 10 million,,,,,, de exact amount they owe us and in return they will pay us and be debt free,,,,,,,, this way my hands clean and them own to,,,,,,, I plan his soon, but keep that low, this is why Sam,,,,,,, f00ck helping them, let them fen for themselves like we did in de past,,,,,,,, f00ck players union to,,,,,, nobody cares, so I dont either. Them eh getting a red, muchless a black cent from my cabinet. I want to see where my money going fost, T&T government in not a ATM for sport,,,,,,,,, only rum. After de stadiums, my project is a giant Rum shop, right by de white house and them chinese woking for cheap too.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Karamath heartened by Sancho’s Tarouba Stadium take
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2015, 09:52:30 AM »
Karamath heartened by Sancho’s Tarouba Stadium take
Published: Sunday, April 5, 2015 (T&T Guardian)

Tarouba Stadium—an eyesore

As he was forced to do more than two years ago the Executive Chairman of the Karamath Group of Companies, Yashmid Ellis, has come out in a strong defense of the construction of the controversial Tarouba Stadium to protect the integrity of the firm contracted to build the facility, Hafeez Karamath Limited (HKL).

This time he is doing so after the newly-appointed Sports Minister Brent Sancho, recently expressed disappointment that the Tarouba Stadium has not yet been completed and not in use.

Speaking to reporters touring the National Cycling Velodrome in Couva, Sancho told the T&T Guardian: “It is a disappointment when you look at the amount of money spent and it is just sitting there. I would hope that at some point some sort of salvaging can be done.

“I want to see proper usage. I want to see it become an income generator for the country, I want to see less tax payers dollars being spent and even if it is spent it is an investment and this investment can grow into monies being earned.”

The stadium, which began under the previous government, is now under the purview of the Urban Development Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (Udecott).

Yesterday the normally reclusive Karamath, who shies away from giving interviews to the media, told the Sunday Guardian that he was gratified that Sancho saw the benefits that the Tarouba Stadium could bring to T&T, particularly the athletes who would be the main users of the plant the cost of which is still in doubt—“I am an action man not a compulsive talker.”

The principal reason he claimed why the Tarouba Stadium was not yet opened was politics—from all sides of the equation.

Referring to some of the “unfounded” allegations about the work done on the Stadium, Karamath said his company sent documents to the Uff Commission of Inquiry to justify every aspect of the work carried out which it was requested to do so by the Commission.

He said that in spite of the allegations made against the firm the Commission never called them to give their side of the story, and only “God knows where they got their information from.”

Stressing that the company did not ignore stop orders Karamath explained because the consultants and designers were all foreigners, HKL thought they would not have a proper appreciation of local conditions and standards so they proceeded to do what they knew was acceptable in the T&T context.

On the allegation that some $1 billion was spent on the project Karamath is still alarmed about where that figure emanated from.

“Try for the life of me and HKL, I cannot fathom where this magical amount materialised from. I maintain up to this day that HKL received $500 million which sum is contained in a draft final account that was prepared by an Independent quantity surveyor hired by Udecott to reconcile the contract.

“Where did the balance of money go?…We can account for every cent spent on that project and Udecott knows the truth. We will soon publish the figures and I am sure as night follows day we did not receive a billion dollars on that project.”

One debilitating feature of what he termed was the unfair publicity HKL got for the Tarouba Stadium dispute was that the company was being squeezed out of other contracts.

“This to me is so unfair that HKL is being made to suffer from a situation that we did not create, we did not instigate, we never went against the terms of our contract...yet we are being hurt because we did all the right and proper things to fulfill our side of the contract. Is this fair?” he cried.

Arguing that HKL should not be denied the right to be considered for a contract or contracts because of perceptions over the Tarouba contract Karamath deemed this highly offensive and prejudicial.

Pointing out that HKL still has a physical presence at the Tarouba site security guards and dogs included, the company’s executive chairman was adamant that the main impediment to the completion and opening of the project was politics.

Karamath said:“I also do not want to involve the new sports minister Brent Sancho in this senseless imbroglio and I am indeed heartened that he has seen the potential benefits that the Tarouba Stadium would be to our sportsmen and sports women.

“However I maintain that this unfortunate situation is being fuelled by naked politics and I am hoping that those responsible could see the wisdom of bringing a satisfactory end to this sorry impasse as it has gone on for far too long and let us think about the nation’s interest before anything else.”
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2015, 03:43:50 PM »
jus spen d money an fix d damn thing..what else can we do with it?

just like eteck tamana park they will allow it to crumble to dust

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2015, 01:56:06 AM »
Sancho for Toco seat.
By Yvonne Webb (Guardian).

In February former national footballer Brent Sancho replaced Dr Rupert Griffith as sport minister.

Now Sancho’s supporters are urging Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to also have him replace Griffith as the candidate to contest the Toco/Sangre Grande seat in the September 7 general election.

Outside the Rienzi Complex headquarters of the United National Congress (UNC), Couva, on Monday night, a throng of Sancho supporters lifted him in the air, shouting at the top of their voices, “We want Sancho, we want Sancho. Give we, Sancho, give we Sancho.”

The men and women dressed in grey T-Shirts with the words ‘Delivery beats ole talk anyday’ on the front and “Sancho, we deliver, we deliver’ on the back, kept up a lively chant as Sancho mingled inside the building with the PM and other cabinet colleagues after the Monday Night Forum at the party headquarters.

As he emerged from the building around 11 pm, the group surged forward and two men lifted him in the air, in sportsman-like fashion, carrying him for a short distance.

“We love him. We love him,” a jubilant woman shouted identifying herself as a Toco/Sangre Grande constituent. She let out a resounding, “Nooooo,” when asked about Griffith returning as their candidate.

“We don’t want Griffith (the incumbent). We had him for five years and he do nothing. This man (Sancho) now come and in a couple of months this man doing a good job. So we done know what going to happen in five years to come,” one of the men holding him up in the air said.

“Brent is the man. Brent is the man,” another shouted.

In response, Sancho, who represented T&T at the 2006 World Cup in Germany, would only say, “This is the voice of the people.”

Asked if he had filed nomination papers to contest the seat for the UNC, Sancho replied, “That will be disclosed soon.”

Last month, Griffith’s former chauffeur, David John, collected a nomination form and indicated his intention to wrest the seat from his former boss on a UNC ticket.

At that point Griffith told the media all seats were opened and he had no problem with anyone contesting the seat as it was their democratic right so to do.

Although a political newbie, Sancho has been featured prominently as one of the UNC platform speakers. He was on the platform on Monday night as the party kicked off its campaign, telling the audience about plans for sports should the Government get the opportunity to serve a second term.

He said the PP was the only Government that treated sports with respect.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2015, 02:01:43 AM »
Housing for elite athletes agenda must be pursued.
By Mark Pouchet (Express).

Lewis, Sancho on same page

The Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee proposal for expedited housing for elite athletes has been rejected. But TTOC president Brian Lewis says he will pursue the proposal despite this setback while Minister of Sport Brent Sancho says he is fighting hard to make it a reality.

In a March 25 correspondence to the Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, the Minister of Housing and Urban Planning Dr Roodal Moonilal and Minister of Sport Brent Sancho, the TTOC president made a request for expedited access to HDC housing for athletes, attaching a policy proposal for housing assistance for athletes.

The proposal was a two-page document under two headings--one giving first the policy statement and then the second explaining rationale behind the proposal. The TTOC also invited further discussion if more details were required.

But on May 12, the Housing Development Corporation managing director Earlean John, in acknowledging receipt of the TTOC March 25-dated letter, declared that the HDC “takes its directives relative to the allocation and distribution of housing from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development.”

It continued: “Consequently, we thank you for your proposal but any implementation of an ‘Elite Housing Assistance Programme’ by the HDC will have to be mandated by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Development.”

Contacted yesterday, TTOC president Brian Lewis praised Minister of Sport Sancho for making representation to his cabinet colleagues. But he said a response coming from the HDC, which he never wrote, seems to be “paper-pushing”.

“The letter didn’t go to the HDC. Considering that the correspondence was sent to the Prime Minister and copied to the Ministers of Housing and Sport, the reasonable expectation would have been to be given the opportunity to discuss the rationale for the proposal,” Lewis said.

Lewis added that T&T elite level athletes make huge sacrifices to represent the country sometimes at personal and financial costs to themselves. “Why must our athletes always have to consider packing up or migrating. The disrespect for what our athletes go through must stop. “We will not achieve 10 or more Olympic gold medals by 2024 if the plight of our athletes continue to be dismissed,” Lewis said.

But Minister of Sport Sancho said the Government is receptive to the idea but since this is the first time a government would be undertaking a venture like this, the issue had to be examined thoroughly.

“We are putting together a holistic plan and last week I had a meeting with TTOC and some other governing bodies as it relates to a 2016 push for Rio. Separate and apart from elite athlete funding we are looking at ways at how we can now generate this machinery, for lack of a better word, that could prepare our athletes holistically and not just throwing funds into their pockets, but also the possibility of housing, preparation and the training that will accumulate into us being very prepared, as my good colleague from the TTOC coined the phrase to be podium ready,” said Sancho, adding that he plans to reveal that plan in another week or two.

On the elite athlete housing assistance issue, Sancho said while he understood Lewis’ frustration and that the culture of the country doesn’t place enough emphasis on sport, he is confident because all the parties involved are receptive to the idea.

“The receptive mess by all parties to make it a reality, as sport minister I am trying hard and want it done – the TTOC president wants it and a prime minister that is receptive to the idea speaks well for us moving forward,” Sancho said.

Sancho added that one of the other projects he is working on is a pilot project of a sports academy at the primary and secondary school level.

But Lewis is adamant the housing issue must come to the fore sooner rather than later.

“The aspirations of 10 or more Olympic Gold Medals by the year 2024 is a powerful motivating impetus,” Lewis said, “The TTOC is of the resolute view that the athletes of Trinidad and Tobago especially those who are giving their all in service of their country require support in a manner such as proposed. That the TTOC did not get the opportunity to present its case does not diminish in the view of the TTOC the merit of its efforts to get acceptance for the proposal.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2015, 06:38:03 AM »
From Yvonne Webb's article, 'Sancho for Toco seat':

In response, Sancho, who represented T&T at the 2006 World Cup in Germany, would only say, “This is the voice of the people.”

Nothing like a choreographed palace coup. 

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/british/palace-coup

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2015, 06:04:47 PM »
These sounds more like the voices  of a ignorant masses -

Apologies to Julius Caesar

The manner of this report  is mind blogging. This reads like mere foolery.  Is like they want to offer him a crown (yet ’twas not a crown neither,). Seeing how the ambitious ideas and the craving for political power has ruin many a politician, he  would probably jump at the offer of a seat at least once—but, for all that, to common thinking, he would probably pretend to not wanting it.  Then hoping they offered it to him again, then he put it by again—but, to common thinking, he was very loath to lay his fingers off it. And then they offered it the third time. He put it the third time by. And still, as he refused it, the rabblement hooted and jumped and waved their chapped hands and threw up their sweaty night-caps and uttered such a deal of stinking rum infested breath you would think that all manner of thinking have been sucked  from their inner craniums.

In that kinda country crowd  I durst not laugh for fear of opening my lips and receiving the bad air of rotting promises and senseless ability to see the foolishness  and incompetence of the choice ahead of them.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:32:47 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2015, 02:06:55 AM »
Sancho: Sports ministry changes necessary
By ASHFORD JACKMAN (Newsday).

CHANGE IS coming to the way sport is introduced and developed in the country, and the key element will not be the Sports Ministry, but rather the Ministry of Education.

Speaking with Newsday yesterday afternoon, Minister of Sport Brent Sancho confirmed that there is to be a new approach in seeking sporting excellence from the country’s talented athletes in every sport, but he also emphasised that most of what is being contemplated is still in the early stages of planning.

It was previously reported that Sport Ministry personnel, including coaches and sport officers had already been transferred to the Ministry of Education, and that morale was low as a result. Minister Sancho admitted changes were in the making, but he denied any major move had yet been made, saying plans were still being discussed and formulated. “That is not yet decided, but logistically, we would want that (coaches etc going to the Education Ministry),” he said.

“Everything is still at the embryonic stage. Sometimes change would bring fears, anxieties... but we have to start somewhere.”

Sancho said the concept of Education taking over certain aspects of operations that normally fall under the purview of the Sports ministry was born out of the need to meet the country’s athletic talent at an earlier age. “We are on the cusp of a ground-breaking formula. Our objective is to get closer contact with primary school students to play more sport,” he said, adding that as a result, the youngsters would benefit from advanced training in their chosen disciplines.

Among the initiatives would be the development of coaching programmes that would take young athletes from primary to secondary school. “We are not catching the athletes at a young enough age, before they develop bad habits,” the minister explained.

Sancho confirmed that as a result, there would eventually be a transfer of personnel to the Education Ministry, but the method was a long way from being worked out. “We got Cabinet approval to set up a steering committee to guide us through the process.” He also confirmed that a sporting academy was to be established; asked whether the University of Trinidad and Tobago would be involved, he answered, “It definitely won’t be part of UTT; it would be something separate and apart.

How I envisage it, we would start at a very young age.” Sancho expressed his personal conviction that this is the way forward for the country’s sporting future. “We have to recognise that sport is now a legitimate career path,” he concluded.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2015, 09:08:38 PM »
"I know the needs of the people, who can defend them better than a sportsman?" --- Pamphile Mihayo, former captain of TP Mazembe (2010 FIFA World Club Championship finalist), currently assistant coach at the same club, upon commenting on his intention to stand during parliamentary elections in DR Congo.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:53:28 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2015, 07:21:00 AM »
"I know the needs of the people, who can defend them better than a sportsman?" --- Pamphile Mihayo, former captain of TP Mazembe (2010 FIFA World Club Championship finalist), currently assistant coach at the same club, upon commenting on his intention to stand during parliamentary elections in DR Congo.

This is like sayingiknow the needs of the artist and those in cultural aspects of life who can advocate best? - leh we put Gypsy dey?

Pure incompetent rubbish and what a myopic way of choosing a candidate! If people are so easily swayed by this talk then the price of suffering will be paid for such ignorance.

Ps
Question- does the minister have any personal intentions of paying back the Moines that was given to him as part of the payments for 2006 WC ( oops looks like another patronage  move) by the government ?
If I could recall it was for monies owing to the players by the then SA , under the agreement published then, the players would pay the money back once they continued to pursue funding from the source. Hahaha big joke like that was going to happen!
In retrospect that public gesture is now looking like another buy out of potential  voters - the MO of this governance- they really say anyone could be had and bought- ah looking for hpuse and land inTobago -

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:15:36 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2015, 10:20:58 AM »
Who has been the PNM's shadow MoS? Who has been the parliamentary point person on issues regarding sport? Of the PNM candidates, who is likely to be the voice of sport?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2015, 10:54:53 AM »
Who has been the PNM's shadow MoS? Who has been the parliamentary point person on issues regarding sport? Of the PNM candidates, who is likely to be the voice of sport?

Great questions, I've asked this before and no one answered..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2015, 05:31:02 AM »
Sport Ministry disappoints TTOC pres
T&T Guardian Reports.

President of the T&T Olympic Committee (TTOC) Brian Lewis has expressed disappointment after four national athletes employed by the Ministry of Sports were forced into taking no-pay leave when traveling to Toronto for the Pan American Games last month.

According to Lewis, the athletes’ short-term contracts did not make provisions for special leave. However, he noted it would be difficult for elite athletes to be given special treatment by their employers when the Ministry of Sport could not accommodate its own.

“I was very disquieted to be informed about this,” he said. “I think the fact that they were employed by the Ministry of Sport raises some fundamental questions. Where is the moral authority now to expect that corporate T&T and other employers will consider representing your country as national service. I’m not saying it as a criticism, I’m saying it as an observation and it’s an issue that needs to be dealt with upfront.”

Lewis stressed that the country needed to create an environment which would enable its athletes to reach their full potential.

“We still have a lot of work to do and the TTOC is really trying to deepen the whole athlete-centered approach,” he said. “If we really want to achieve ten or more Olympic medals by 2024, we need to ensure our athletes have what they need.”

Lewis did commend the Ministry for its new ‘Podium Push’ initiative, though he was awaiting clarification about whether it would affect existing programmes.

“We have to make sure it is aligned with our various programmes already in place,” he said. “I am a big supporter of our Elite Athletes Assistance Programme. Yes, it needs to be revamped and reviewed. It has been Cabinet-approved. It assures that the TTOC is part of the process which makes for better transparency and accountability, better fairness and equity.

“I think it is important therefore that whatever is coming up acts as a compliment and not a replacement for the EAAP. The reality is that we are in an environment where due to the drop in oil and gas revenue, the Ministry of Finance has called for belt tightening. If we are coming up with another programme, is it going to be at the expense of the EAAP? I think all these things need to be looked at.”

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2015, 02:33:38 PM »
Optics are poor given they are Ministry of Sport employees, but this is probably a wider discussion - are employers responsible for providing paid leave to athletes to represent their country?

I'd use an example of Jury Duty, which is also serving your country. Employers are not required by law to offer paid leave for employees to go on Jury duty (they must offer leave and not alter their employment, but the leave can be unpaid). Is jury duty any different from representing your country in sports?

In my opinion, it's no different.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2015, 02:35:30 PM »
Optics are poor given they are Ministry of Sport employees, but this is probably a wider discussion - are employers responsible for providing paid leave to athletes to represent their country?

I'd use an example of Jury Duty, which is also serving your country. Employers are not required by law to offer paid leave for employees to go on Jury duty (they must offer leave and not alter their employment, but the leave can be unpaid). Is jury duty any different from representing your country in sports?

In my opinion, it's no different.

great point...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2015, 01:26:33 AM »
Having rendered himself a servant of public life in Trinidad and Tobago, former Minister Sancho is deserving of acknowledgment for his willingness to participate in, and contribute to, the civic life and development of the country.

In the context of the democratic ideal, it is important that we separate this basic act of service from the undercurrent of consequences and polemics that flow from the cut and thrust of politics; and, from diverse views on policy, policy-making and the execution thereof.

As citizens, we all have varying visions of the present and of the future. Minister Sancho had his. However, this should not detract from separating the man from the office. As such, Brent Sancho, thanks!

Time will tell whether it was a beneficial exercise.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:29:18 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »
Having rendered himself a servant of public life in Trinidad and Tobago, former Minister Sancho is deserving of acknowledgment for his willingness to participate in, and contribute to, the civic life and development of the country.

In the context of the democratic ideal, it is important that we separate this basic act of service from the undercurrent of consequences and polemics that flow from the cut and thrust of politics; and, from diverse views on policy, policy-making and the execution thereof.

As citizens, we all have varying visions of the present and of the future. Minister Sancho had his. However, this should not detract from separating the man from the office. As such, Brent Sancho, thanks!

Time will tell whether it was a beneficial exercise.

:beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Zoff takes legal action against Sancho
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2016, 07:56:00 AM »
Zoff takes legal action against Sancho
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Community sports organiser Roger Celestine, known as “Zoff” is taking legal actions against Brent Sancho, former Minister of Sports under the People’s Partnership Government.

“Zoff,” who for the past 39 years has been the man organising football, cricket, all fours and other cultural events in the San Juan/Barataria area in the name of Tyro Sports Club, is suing Sancho for monies owed to him for payment of prizes for an all-fours tournament last year, that comprised a League, Knock-Out, Mixed Doubles, Big 8, Champion of Champions, After Party Knock-Out, as well as special awards such as most bullseye, most discipline and most hanged jacks.

Zoff said yesterday a pre-action protocol letter was delivered to Sancho’s home in Maraval by the club’s lawyers Natasha and Company. Apart from all-fours, the veteran sports administrator was asked by Sancho to organise football and cricket tournaments.

Celestine said he received $60,000 from Sancho, an ex-national defender to cover prizes in cricket, as well as $50,000 for football, but was given the run around for the $70,000 promised for all-fours.

Zoff said Sancho has since caused severe discomfort to him and his family, noting that it is only because of his good name over the years, that no one has decided to sue, threaten or inflict any pain on him to date. He said he last spoke to Sancho, the managing director at local Pro League club Central FC back in November, the day before the final of the all-fours. “Sancho told me then that he was $200, 000 out of pocket for his election campaign. I told him that the competition was almost completed and I needed monies to pay the teams the day after,” Zoff explained.

He noted it was the last time he heard from Sancho, as the ex-minister has since been avoiding his calls and not responded to his text messages.

Zoff noted it was because of Neil Gosine, chairman of the National Petroleum Marketing Company Limited that he was able to finish the all-fours tournament. Zoff is calling on Sancho to settle the issue, saying: “All I want is to pay the people their money.”

He insisted there is no bad blood between him and Sancho, admitting that if Sancho wants him to organise another tournament, he will do it.

“This is not about me or Sancho. The bigger picture is that the people in the country will be served, as there is mounting tension in the country. We have crime on the rise, people losing their jobs daily and people are becoming frustrated, so I want to provide an opportunity for people to channel their energies and to relax and cool their heads,” Zoff said.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>