April 26, 2024, 09:09:05 AM

Author Topic: TTFA have real guts sah.  (Read 6088 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
TTFA have real guts sah.
« on: April 02, 2015, 04:30:01 PM »
What I cannot get into my thick head is why de f00ck de current TTFA have to pay back.

2006 Warriors

Anton Corneal

Even Pellerud

Russell Latapy

Etc, etc..?

When it wasn't them who hire these guys in de first place.

NONE OF THEM WAS HIRE BY DE TTFA, NONE !!!!!

Allyuh hearing meh.

Not only this but now Jack Warner, Richard Groden and Oliver Champs are debt free and scratch free now and they stole MILLIONS.

Sancho quick to make threats to de current TTFA but why he eh do de same to de man who really thief they money, Jack Warner?

I eh saying they dont deserve to get pay eh, so allyuh doh vex with meh, but why they all dont combine and go after they money.

So them willing to close down T&T football if they dont get pay and suffer a whole nation because of one man.

Ah know man go make all kinda excuse, but it shoulda been me, none was getting a red cent from me, we all woulda have to join and go after Jack.

We in a bad state because of this, now de little money de TTFA get they have to pay back these guys.

Ah know, yuh buy de name yuh buy de debts, but ent de name change?

Or these fellas really woulda do that to people who did not steal from them?

This is wrong and I dont agree at al.

Go after Jack man, wha allyuh fraid.

Allyuh tell nah.

New federation, clean slate.

PS: Not picking up for Tim Kee because he bad mind, but, is de point man.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:36:25 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA have real guts sah.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »
What I cannot get into my thick head is why de f00ck de current TTFA have to pay back.

2006 Warriors

Anton Corneal

Even Pellerud

Russell Latapy

Etc, etc..?

When it wasn't them who hire these guys in de first place.

The organization hired them and owe them the debt... not the individuals running the organization.  Legally there was a loophole they could have used to avoid paying the debts, and the smart (or smartman) business move would have been to do that... but Tim Kee decided to honor the debts.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 07:01:23 PM »
De TTFF hire them not de TTFA.

Sometimes de smartman antics does be de best thing.

So Jack gone free?

Wow..

Anand, Jack, Anil, Ish, Hindu Credit Union, UDeCOTT, Clico, Hunt, Creed, Manning Chinese deals, Darren Singh, Ganga Singh etc etc, is hardcore thieves and they just gone free.

Wahy sah.

T&T is really a great country.

I going and thief too.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 07:14:27 PM »

So Jack gone free?

Wow..

Sancho and them had their chance to rope Jack into the litigation but for whatever reason Townley and them didn't go that route.  Maybe is something I not understanding.  At any rate, Jack thief government money too, so the government, whether this one or the next, still have a chance to go after him.  From what I understand, the DPP looking into it now... so we'll see if anything happens before time run out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 05:16:03 AM »

So Jack gone free?

Wow..

Sancho and them had their chance to rope Jack into the litigation but for whatever reason Townley and them didn't go that route.  Maybe is something I not understanding.  At any rate, Jack thief government money too, so the government, whether this one or the next, still have a chance to go after him.  From what I understand, the DPP looking into it now... so we'll see if anything happens before time run out.

Wasn't a commission of some sort set up recently to investigate Jack?? 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 07:38:57 AM »

So Jack gone free?

Wow..

So all de bad them men does talk they full ah shit,

Jack have them batting in they crease.

This is why I say, de TTFA should not give them a dam cent.

Monkey really know what tree to climb.

They let Jack and Camps walk FREE !!!!!!

Sancho, Hislop and Kelvin Jack fulla shit.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 09:08:53 AM »

So Jack gone free?

Wow..

Integrity Commission investigating

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 12:33:29 PM »

If there is some sort of inquiry it's unrelated to the TTFF/missing WC  funds.

Sancho doing his best to distance himself from the dispute now.  Jack has other priorities, he's probably preparing his own candidacy for TTFA President.  As for Shaka, it's unfair to include him in this since he was never a part of the dispute in the first place... he's not one of the 13.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 01:21:55 PM »

If there is some sort of inquiry it's unrelated to the TTFF/missing WC  funds.

Sancho doing his best to distance himself from the dispute now.  Jack has other priorities, he's probably preparing his own candidacy for TTFA President.  As for Shaka, it's unfair to include him in this since he was never a part of the dispute in the first place... he's not one of the 13.

I'm sure there's a reason you stated this as you well know that Shaka was a leading force in the initialising of the fight for the bonuses. In fact I note that every time that you mention anything concerning the bonus dispute nowadays, you link it solely to Sancho, while the truth is, of course, that he was the spokesman for the group and every decision was made democratically.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 02:25:14 PM »
I'm sure there's a reason you stated this as you well know that Shaka was a leading force in the initialising of the fight for the bonuses. In fact I note that every time that you mention anything concerning the bonus dispute nowadays, you link it solely to Sancho, while the truth is, of course, that he was the spokesman for the group and every decision was made democratically.

Shaka was indeed part of the original dispute but in the context of Sam's comment, was never party to any settlement so he has nothing to answer to as far as going after Jack is concerned.  Sancho is the one who assumed the position of mouthpiece for the 13, HE is the one who was publicly bashing the TTFF after they failed to pay as agreed upon under the terms of the settlement, HE is the one who secretly inserted himself into the mix when Kenwyne and the Caribbean Cup Warriors decided to boycott the final... HE is the one who negotiated with the PP government and was grinning like a Sambo when Kamla took taxpayers' money and paid him. Now HE is the one who benefited with a ministerial appointment in exchange for his loyalties, all of which has as its genesis, his prominence in the WC dispute.  If Brent Sancho takes issue with anything that I have to say he is free to say it to me directly, both of you know how to reach me.  I don't need you running up behind me sniffing my ass every time I mention his name, when I'm addressing you I'll let you know. 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 03:04:06 PM »
Sancho and dem is like a lion with no teeth...

tim kee honoring debts to get he salary as well... all this court cases is holding our football ransom at the hands of these people...

take yuh loss and ride off in the sunset... what happened to the players union, no sign of it...

time for our football to move on and progress... this mill stone tie around our football neck and dragging it to the bottom of the sea because man won't allow our football to rise...

if people really care about the football, they will move on and re structure, get rid of these current crop and get men in there who have the passion, business acumen and intelligence to turn it around..

man studying to bring down our football and stuff they pocket... they don't give a damn if our football progress and SH is caught in the middle of it with these lunatics, for once we get a coach who loves our football and can take us to the big dance and these men ruining it..
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:06:33 PM by Controversial »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 03:24:06 PM »
Don't forget Sancho is the one whispering in Maylee ear using her as his mouth piece against the TTFA.

I don't understand why Trinis are like this, stabbing each other in their backs when we should be working with each other.

Sancho also need to remember his MoS position could be very short.

If he runs for TTFA president, find, but he is MoS and should be helping our football team and stop with the BS.

By the TTFA staying quiet and having media blasting them left right and center is not good either.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 05:04:01 PM »
Don't forget Sancho is the one whispering in Maylee ear using her as his mouth piece against the TTFA.

I don't understand why Trinis are like this, stabbing each other in their backs when we should be working with each other.

Sancho also need to remember his MoS position could be very short.

If he runs for TTFA president, find, but he is MoS and should be helping our football team and stop with the BS.

By the TTFA staying quiet and having media blasting them left right and center is not good either.

Why would you think Sancho was whispering in Maylee's ear? Maylee has been involved with the TTFF/TTFA since she was 13/14 years old. She's almost 30 years now. Don't you think she is smart enough to formulate her own ideas from her interactions and experiences with the TTFF/TTFA for over 15 years?

Unlike many, she has been around the women's game for a long time and can be frustrated if she wants to be without anyone "whispering" in her ears. Maylee is much smarter than that. She dictates her own pace. If you knew her, you would know this.

You all deserve the level and quality - or lack thereof -  of football that you all get. Instead of holding the TTFA accountable you all focusing on Sancho. At the end of the day Sancho do not run T&T football, Tim Kee and Sheldon Phillips do. So if you all want to keep excusing the TTFA and "understanding" that they are limited in what they do, but then turn around and blast someone who is not directly responsible for T&T football then by all means, proceed.

Sancho is the reason there is not a TD in the TTFA.
Sancho is the reason the TTFA is bereft of ideas on generating funds to develop National programs.
Sancho is the reason the TTFA cannot produce a successful Long-Term National Development Plan.
Sancho is the reason the TTFA cannot organize friendlies for the Teams.
Sancho is the reason the TTFA teams struggle in CONCACAF.

Keep buying into the :bs: that is smoke and mirrors to distract people from focusing on the inept group that is at the helm of the TTFA. From their inception in office the TTFA has shown no innovation in taking our football forward towards international quality. We have adopted the plan from previous Football governing regimes in hastily gathering a number of players together a month or two (if we're lucky) and sending them off to a tournament. This is exactly how football has been implemented in T&T since the 70s and yet it continues today with no foreseeable change in sight.

Blame Sancho? Go ahead. Sancho will mosey on down the road and then another scapegoat will be used for the lack of quality football development across T&T.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 05:51:39 PM »

Shaka was indeed part of the original dispute but in the context of Sam's comment, was never party to any settlement so he has nothing to answer to as far as going after Jack is concerned.  Sancho is the one who assumed the position of mouthpiece for the 13, HE is the one who was publicly bashing the TTFF after they failed to pay as agreed upon under the terms of the settlement, HE is the one who secretly inserted himself into the mix when Kenwyne and the Caribbean Cup Warriors decided to boycott the final... HE is the one who negotiated with the PP government and was grinning like a Sambo when Kamla took taxpayers' money and paid him. Now HE is the one who benefited with a ministerial appointment in exchange for his loyalties, all of which has as its genesis, his prominence in the WC dispute.  If Brent Sancho takes issue with anything that I have to say he is free to say it to me directly, both of you know how to reach me.  I don't need you running up behind me sniffing my ass every time I mention his name, when I'm addressing you I'll let you know. 

I don't need you running up behind me sniffing my ass every time I mention his name, when I'm addressing you I'll let you know.  So, on this public forum you feel you should tell lies, spread  :bs: and verbally attack who you want -  and not just attack their opinions but also make personal attacks, yet people not allowed to comment unless you are addressing them? Seriously, you actually wrote that? The comment I made was not disrespectful to you in any way, yet you have to lapse into abuse.

Maybe you know Shaka better than I do, but in my involvement, Shaka was a leading voice and still is, even concerning going after Warner.

both of you know how to reach me But Bakes, you refuse to identify yourself. You hide behind your pseudonym. Lets see who you really are so people here can google you. Let us look at your law career to see if you ever made a mistake, an error. Surely, you have nothing to hide? 

Looking forward to the vitriol in the reply   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 09:33:47 PM »
I don't need you running up behind me sniffing my ass every time I mention his name, when I'm addressing you I'll let you know.  So, on this public forum you feel you should tell lies, spread  :bs: and verbally attack who you want -  and not just attack their opinions but also make personal attacks, yet people not allowed to comment unless you are addressing them? Seriously, you actually wrote that? The comment I made was not disrespectful to you in any way, yet you have to lapse into abuse.

Maybe you know Shaka better than I do, but in my involvement, Shaka was a leading voice and still is, even concerning going after Warner.

both of you know how to reach me But Bakes, you refuse to identify yourself. You hide behind your pseudonym. Lets see who you really are so people here can google you. Let us look at your law career to see if you ever made a mistake, an error. Surely, you have nothing to hide? 

Are you f**king serious?  No, seriously... you for real dred?  First off, who did I 'attack'?  I mentioned Sancho's name twice, the first time I said "Sancho and them had their chance to rope Jack into the litigation..."

Yet you accuse me of blaming everything solely on Sancho: "In fact I note that every time that you mention anything concerning the bonus dispute nowadays, you link it solely to Sancho..."

Wtf you want me to do, name all thirteen players every time I talk about the dispute?  He's the spokesperson, I didn't appoint him as mouthpiece/ringleader... he made himself the face of the dispute.

The second time I mentioned his name was to say that he has distanced himself from the dispute, and I damn sure didn't lie:

Wired868: Can you update me on your role with the World Cup 2006 bonus case?

(Sancho is one of 13 World Cup players who successfully sued the TTFA for unpaid bonuses although the judgment is yet to be satisfied).

Sancho: I’ve obviously had to recuse myself from being part of it because of it possibly being deemed a conflict of interest. So I have recused myself.

Wired868: But you are still party to the case?

Sancho: I would say even ‘no’ in the sense that I haven’t had any knowledge of what is transpiring. I know before I took the post that there was a lot of talk about the next step and I believe that will be soon. I don’t believe it has stalled. I believe it is in a planning process before moving forward and that is the last I’ve heard of it.

Everyone knows how I feel about my 13 comrades who are involved in it. But I have taken up a post to represent the people of Trinidad and Tobago so I will have to respect that post and obviously recused myself from being part and parcel of anything to do with the court case.

http://wired868.com/2015/03/10/sancho-talks-olympic-rewards-womens-football-and-the-ttfa/

So tell me where I have lied on Sancho or attacked him?

And then this shit talk about me refusing to identify myself.  You on f**king drugs or what?  Back when the players were first talking about suing Jack and had hired Towley, do you NOT remember that you and I exchanged emails and I sent you my CV and offered to volunteer my time to help with the case?  You don't remember that??  You friended me on Facebook after that and we continued to be FB 'friends' until some time last year now yuh talking shit about I refuse to identify myself? Allyuh men real f**king dangerous boy.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 11:16:36 PM »

Are you f**king serious?  No, seriously... you for real dred?  First off, who did I 'attack'?  I mentioned Sancho's name twice, the first time I said "Sancho and them had their chance to rope Jack into the litigation..."

Yet you accuse me of blaming everything solely on Sancho: "In fact I note that every time that you mention anything concerning the bonus dispute nowadays, you link it solely to Sancho..."

Wtf you want me to do, name all thirteen players every time I talk about the dispute?  He's the spokesperson, I didn't appoint him as mouthpiece/ringleader... he made himself the face of the dispute.

The second time I mentioned his name was to say that he has distanced himself from the dispute, and I damn sure didn't lie:

Wired868: Can you update me on your role with the World Cup 2006 bonus case?

(Sancho is one of 13 World Cup players who successfully sued the TTFA for unpaid bonuses although the judgment is yet to be satisfied).

Sancho: I’ve obviously had to recuse myself from being part of it because of it possibly being deemed a conflict of interest. So I have recused myself.

Wired868: But you are still party to the case?

Sancho: I would say even ‘no’ in the sense that I haven’t had any knowledge of what is transpiring. I know before I took the post that there was a lot of talk about the next step and I believe that will be soon. I don’t believe it has stalled. I believe it is in a planning process before moving forward and that is the last I’ve heard of it.

Everyone knows how I feel about my 13 comrades who are involved in it. But I have taken up a post to represent the people of Trinidad and Tobago so I will have to respect that post and obviously recused myself from being part and parcel of anything to do with the court case.

http://wired868.com/2015/03/10/sancho-talks-olympic-rewards-womens-football-and-the-ttfa/

So tell me where I have lied on Sancho or attacked him?

And then this shit talk about me refusing to identify myself.  You on f**king drugs or what?  Back when the players were first talking about suing Jack and had hired Towley, do you NOT remember that you and I exchanged emails and I sent you my CV and offered to volunteer my time to help with the case?  You don't remember that??  You friended me on Facebook after that and we continued to be FB 'friends' until some time last year now yuh talking shit about I refuse to identify myself? Allyuh men real f**king dangerous boy.

Where did I say you attacked Sancho in that comment? My comment was concerning your general behaviour on this site. Same as the comment about your identity: Lets see who you really are so people here can google you. My point being that you can air your comments on other people, but they cannot respond in kind.

Many of your posts are interesting and informative. However, you do make statements that, at best, are misleading. Such as this:

As for Shaka, it's unfair to include him in this since he was never a part of the dispute in the first place... he's not one of the 13. Maybe you phrased it wrong, I really don't know, but in this context it is untrue. Shaka was always one of the original 16, then 13. He has been a key player in the dispute and had he lived in T&T I'm sure he may have been the spokesperson.

So when people read such statements, they assume that they are factual. It's a technique called "Perception Management"  Just like your argument : Wtf you want me to do, name all thirteen players every time I talk about the dispute? No, I'd like you to refer to "the players" or "the 13"  It would simply be more accurate. Whether or not you mean to do it, your comments do point solely to Sancho, this is indicated by your use of "HE" repeatedly. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 11:38:43 PM »
My "use of HE repeatedly" wasn't done until you started bitching about me mentioning Sancho name... you fuh real?  You and elan might think Sancho shits ice cream and is above reproach but I don't have my head up his ass like the two of you.  When he hired you as "personal adviser" paying you with taxpayers money, I didn't realize he was hiring you to be his nanny and personal PR machine.  The shit you here bitching about just because I said Shaka's name shouldn't be calling in that?  How much money did Shaka get from the PP government??

And that I should post my personal business on here when 99% of other posters doing the same?  I need to post my name and use special phrases like "the players" and "the 13" because you doh like how it making yuh boy look?  Look fella, make ah turn yes.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 05:15:34 AM »
Shaka is a pussy.. Shaka, Yorke, Lara, Latas, all of them for they self.... Yorke only smelling them ole men toetie in England.

Before Sancho was MOS, Anil use to f00ck him as Central FC CEO and only take care of Malabar FC and they use to feel real f00ck up. Now Sancho in de MOS position and not doing one f00ck for de sport, he only care about facilities, but if we eh have no f00cking teams, who go play in de facilities.

Who cares if he sponsor de Panama game.

But cant sponsor one game and f00ck de rest....

Wha happen to de rest of de games leading up to de Gold Cup, Under 15 and Pan Am games for de Under 23 and women team, etc.

We want to open a women league instead of take de same money and fix de current league, everybody want to be a hero in T&T.

He taking this shit personal. If he want de wok or he want he boy Kelvin to run, then push for it man, but doh f00ck up we teams to prove a point.

Coaches, players etc still owe money. Pay de f00ck men and them.

De federation taking de little they have to pay these cock suckers and T&T football suffering for this.

Look, Sancho, do de right thing nah.

Why yuh doh go run up yuh mouth for Jack.

Maylee get torst around since Jack Warner days, he make she manager one day and then cut she troat de next. She was one of Jack puppies, why she didn't do something then.

Its not de TTFA job to get them fit, they need to do some work for themself to, join a WOLF team and get yourself ready and fit and doh sit on your ass waiting for de TTFA to develop yuh.

Allyuh had allyuh chance to make history and f00ck up, get all de support, a good coach, paid, bonus and f00ck up in de end, doh blame de TTFA now.

All these people in T&T does do is bitch and complain and none eh doing nothing to help out.

Once they get money, games will come.

When is time to play for T&T, de first thing they looking for is money even before dead beast Tim Kee came here.

Time to make players respect they shirt.

I have respect for Kevin Harrision, doh leh me f00cking loose it nah, talk to yuh boy.

He need to help the league and the national team long term and really make a change.

He dont have to give the federation money, but take care of de bills directly.

PS: De TTFA need to get f00cking ambitious to instead of sitting there and pulling stones..... Tim Kee allyuh good we.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:10:49 AM by Sam »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 07:32:04 AM »
Shaka is a pussy.. Shaka, Yorke, Lara, Latas, all of them for they self.... Yorke only smelling them ole men toetie in England.

Before Sancho was MOS, Anil use to f00ck him as Central FC CEO and only take care of Malabar FC and they use to feel real f00ck up. Now Sancho in de MOS position and not doing one f00ck for de sport, he only care about facilities, but if we eh have no f00cking teams, who go play in de facilities.

Wha happen to de rest of de games leading up to de Gold Cup, Under 15 and Pan Am games for de Under 23 and women team, etc.

We want to open a women league instead of take de same money and fix de current league, everybody want to be a hero in T&T.

He taking this shit personal. If he want de wok or he want he boy Kelvin to run, then push for it man, but doh f00ck up we teams to prove a point.

De federation taking de little they have to pay these cock suckers and T&T football suffering for this.

Maylee get torst around since Jack Warner days, he make she manager one day and then cut she troat de next. She was one of Jack puppies, why she didn't do something then.

Its not de TTFA job to get them fit, they need to do some work for themself to, join a WOLF team and get yourself ready and fit and doh sit on your ass waiting for de TTFA to develop yuh.

Allyuh had allyuh chance to make history and f00ck up, get all de support, a good coach, paid, bonus and f00ck up in de end, doh blame de TTFA now.

All these people in T&T does do is bitch and complain and none eh doing nothing to help out.

When is time to play for T&T, de first thing they looking for is money even before dead beast Tim Kee came here.

I have respect for Kevin Harrision, doh leh me f00cking loose it nah, talk to yuh boy.

He need to help the league and the national team long term and really make a change.

PS: De TTFA need to get f00cking ambitious to instead of sitting there and pulling stones..... Tim Kee allyuh good we.

Sam, just to reply to some of your points: Regarding the Pro League and facilities, we're currently looking at building two football specific mini stadiums at Ojoe Rd and Bourg Matreuse (probably spelt that wrong!). These will be home grounds for North East Stats & Jabloteh. FIFA grade II turf, maybe 2,500 capacity (with room to enlarge for specific games). They will have retail outlets and be income generating so future maintenance costs will be generated.  They will also serve the local communities by providing access from 5 a.m. to midnight and will be used for weddings, conferences fetes etc. They will also use green technology to reduce WASA and T&TEC costs. If there is a second term, more will be built.

Regarding WoLF, the teams are not yet in training. But the issue with WoLF is that the quality of players does not assist WNT and potential WNT players to develop. The Womens Premier League will include international players from overseas including Caribbean, South, Central & North America and Europe. This will give our girls three months of decent standard competition as well as provide scholarship opportunities for our younger potentials.

Regarding TTFA and MNT, organising games, camps etc is their remit. There is an agreement in place to provide a certain level of funding for Gold Cup preparation and TTFA are working within this figure.

There is a lot of behind the scenes policy to address concerning all sport funding. This may not be exciting stuff, but it is necessary to ensure that money is spent correctly. At the moment, a club could receive funding from SPORTT, MoS, and the NGB for the same project. Elite funding doesn't apply to motor racing, power boat racing, chess and many other non olympic sports under the MoS umbrella, yet we are competing at the highest levels. These sports may not be interesting to many, but they certainly are to those involved.   

We also need to look at sports tourism. Having a cycling team from Europe train here is good for our cyclists, but doesn't bring much cash. We need to bring in millions of dollars through sport to assist the economy. For example, since Malaysia hosted a Grand Prix, their tourism increased by 135%. We need to develop something similar.

Of course, every government minister will be criticised, it's part of the job!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 07:45:29 AM »
Sam, just to reply to some of your points: Regarding the Pro League and facilities, we're currently looking at building two football specific mini stadiums at Ojoe Rd and Bourg Matreuse (probably spelt that wrong!). These will be home grounds for North East Stats & Jabloteh. FIFA grade II turf, maybe 2,500 capacity (with room to enlarge for specific games). They will have retail outlets and be income generating so future maintenance costs will be generated.  They will also serve the local communities by providing access from 5 a.m. to midnight and will be used for weddings, conferences fetes etc. They will also use green technology to reduce WASA and T&TEC costs. If there is a second term, more will be built.

Regarding WoLF, the teams are not yet in training. But the issue with WoLF is that the quality of players does not assist WNT and potential WNT players to develop. The Womens Premier League will include international players from overseas including Caribbean, South, Central & North America and Europe. This will give our girls three months of decent standard competition as well as provide scholarship opportunities for our younger potentials.

Regarding TTFA and MNT, organising games, camps etc is their remit. There is an agreement in place to provide a certain level of funding for Gold Cup preparation and TTFA are working within this figure.

There is a lot of behind the scenes policy to address concerning all sport funding. This may not be exciting stuff, but it is necessary to ensure that money is spent correctly. At the moment, a club could receive funding from SPORTT, MoS, and the NGB for the same project. Elite funding doesn't apply to motor racing, power boat racing, chess and many other non olympic sports under the MoS umbrella, yet we are competing at the highest levels. These sports may not be interesting to many, but they certainly are to those involved.   

We also need to look at sports tourism. Having a cycling team from Europe train here is good for our cyclists, but doesn't bring much cash. We need to bring in millions of dollars through sport to assist the economy. For example, since Malaysia hosted a Grand Prix, their tourism increased by 135%. We need to develop something similar.

Thanks for shedding some light FS.

Good going then.

The women league is a good idea to sign foreign players, hope they get de support.

So the MOS giving the TTFA de funds and is them who playing de ass then?

This dam Tim Kee is a waste.

They killing we football.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 10:42:03 AM »

a T&T grand prix or F1 track is a great idea... I believe there are many ideas in Toronto, that can generate money for MOS that would benefit the nation... if Sancho willing to listen and can get things executed... main thing is execution...

you can have the contacts and ideas, but Sancho need to put it in motion and close... we need a closer, someone who can finish the task and put the infrastructure in  with the right advisers

once again, only if he is willing to listen and work with people... that is the big question

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 12:41:06 PM »

Thanks for shedding some light FS.

Good going then.

The women league is a good idea to sign foreign players, hope they get de support.

So the MOS giving the TTFA de funds and is them who playing de ass then?

This dam Tim Kee is a waste.

They killing we football.

Sam, TTFA decide their own schedule. Where MoS is involved is ensuring that the govt funding is spent wisely and there is accountability. I believe we have a good working relationship with Sheldon and William Wallace. We may not give them all that they want, but we all ultimately want to see T&T at the Gold Cup and World Cup.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 12:47:03 PM »

a T&T grand prix or F1 track is a great idea... I believe there are many ideas in Toronto, that can generate money for MOS that would benefit the nation... if Sancho willing to listen and can get things executed... main thing is execution...

you can have the contacts and ideas, but Sancho need to put it in motion and close... we need a closer, someone who can finish the task and put the infrastructure in  with the right advisers

once again, only if he is willing to listen and work with people... that is the big question

Grand Prix may be too much, but a new Formula 4 has been created and T&T looks like winning the bid to be one of 12 host nations globally. The Wallerfield track would be used initially, but we're looking into possibilities of a new track. This would be led by MoS, but it would need to be multi agency: Tourism, Transport, Industry etc. Also events like the Great Race which if marketed properly overseas, could attract big spenders - the "monte carlo set" who would spend real dollars here. Other sports like game fishing & golf also attract these type of people. At the moment, the rich and famous tend to prefer Barbados or Bermuda. We have to change that. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 12:48:42 PM »
TT have an F1 circuit? Who paying for it? About 25 yrs ago or so, there was an attempt to build a horse racing track in Central. This was an attempt to centralize the industry and the people  from that area protested. houses before  horses. Now we talk about a F1 track. That is big money, Breds. If car enthusiast have the money then they should build it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:08:44 PM by Deeks »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 01:52:06 PM »
TT have an F1 circuit? Who paying for it? About 25 yrs ago or so, there was an attempt to build a horse racing track in Central. This was an attempt to centralize the industry and the people  from that area protested. houses before  horses. Now we talk about a F1 track. That is big money, Breds. If car enthusiast have the money then they should build it.

On that basis, TTFA should build their own football stadium! And a race track would bring many more tourist dollars to T&T than football could ever attract. That's not my view, that's based on actual studies.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2014/04/04/why-formula-one-has-races-in-eight-of-the-ten-countries-with-the-highest-gdp/2/

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »
My "use of HE repeatedly" wasn't done until you started bitching about me mentioning Sancho name... you fuh real?  You and elan might think Sancho shits ice cream and is above reproach but I don't have my head up his ass like the two of you.  When he hired you as "personal adviser" paying you with taxpayers money, I didn't realize he was hiring you to be his nanny and personal PR machine.  The shit you here bitching about just because I said Shaka's name shouldn't be calling in that?  How much money did Shaka get from the PP government??

And that I should post my personal business on here when 99% of other posters doing the same?  I need to post my name and use special phrases like "the players" and "the 13" because you doh like how it making yuh boy look?  Look fella, make ah turn yes.

What gave you the idea that I think Sancho is above reproach. That's very confusing to me for you to come to that conclusion.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2015, 10:36:08 PM »

On that basis, TTFA should build their own football stadium! And a race track would bring many more tourist dollars to T&T than football could ever attract. That's not my view, that's based on actual studies.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2014/04/04/why-formula-one-has-races-in-eight-of-the-ten-countries-with-the-highest-gdp/2/

Have read about this a number of years ago, something that T&T needs, it's time the government really step on the gas ;) I know quite a few ways this can be achieved...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2015, 06:53:49 AM »
One thing though, why Sancho expecting a return?

He cant for now, cause de TTFA in debts thanks to Sancho and them.

As I said, help de TTFA but dont give them money, just pay the bills and early, doh wait till a week before de gold cup, de team need it now to start preparing.

On de flip side, ah really hate that Tim Kee guy, he feel he above everybody.

He needs to also clean house to much dead beats in de TTFA.

De ministry should not pay these fools, just the players, coaches and help with games.

1]; } ?>