March 29, 2024, 08:09:49 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (27-Mar-2015)  (Read 31701 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (27-Mar-2015)
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2015, 08:17:13 PM »
Video from the Press Conference?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2015, 09:06:46 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SVdB12w4WaI&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SVdB12w4WaI&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2015, 01:53:08 AM »
Hyland expects 100 percent from Warriors.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Belgium-based Soca Warriors midfielder Khaleem Hyland says he is expecting nothing less than 100 percent from his team-mates tomorrow when the Soca Warriors entertain Panama in an international friendly at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

Speaking yesterday, Hyland of Racing Genk said, “We’ve been working hard for the past couple days in training. Obviously the coach is looking at a few new faces because the big picture is the Gold Cup and the World Cup qualifiers. I for sure would like to make it to a Gold Cup Finals and even win it as well as to play in a World Cup.

“But this is all part of that journey. I hope we can get things right and pull off a decent performance on Friday. The public needs to support this team now because when you look at all our opponents in Concacaf, everybody is on board with the football team and supporting them from the early stages. Hopefully we can get the same kind of love and support from our people as well.”

Hyland’s fellow Carenage-born resident and Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino also wants to see this country’s senior footballers step up to the call tomorrow.

The 24-year-old Molino, who has netted 11 goals in 29 internationals, trained with his team-mates, several of them for the first time, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo yesterday as coach Stephen Hard oversaw a lively session as the players pushed themselves for selection in the starting XI of the upcoming encounter.

Molino said the mood in the camp, which includes 11 players who will be aiming for their first senior appearance, has been upbeat but he knows that the newcomers will have some nerves to overcome as he recalled his early days with the senior team.

“It’s always good for new players to come in. You can always learn from a younger player or a senior player. You can encourage the younger ones and encourage them for the future. And I’ll do whatever I can do to guide them on the right path along with the other senior players and the coaches.

“I’ve always said it’s very important to get a cap early in your career so that when you go into international competition or games you will not be shell-shocked. You want to get games under your belt as soon as possible. I was lucky to get early caps under Russell Latapy at age 18 and it helped me along with my career now. I just hope the guys can live up to the challenge and expectations and listen to what the coach has to tell them and I think everything will be okay,” he said.

The Carenage-born player described the preparations as positive so far.

“I see a lot of positive things in training. We are still learning more about each other as it’s not like a club when you get to spend long periods together. We’ve just got to come together this week and work as best as we can and pick things up quickly. I think so far things have been shaping up quite well and it’s just about getting ready for the game on Friday and going out there to give a good performance and build on it for the Gold Cup and the World Cup qualifiers,” the former Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive player said.

T&T faces Guatemala in its opening Gold Cup fixture on July 9, Cuba (July 12) and Mexico three days later and Molino sees Panama as proper opponents in preparation for these clashes.

“Panama have been improving rapidly and they have a strong Central American influence and style that is similar to Guatemala and Mexico. This game will give us a good idea of what we need to do in our approach for the Gold Cup games and the qualifiers later this year.”

Today, both Hart and Panama's head coach Hernan Dario Gomez will be the feature speakers at a pre-match press conference at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, VIP Lounge from 2.30 pm.

RELATED NEWS

Hart to assess locals as T&T host Panama.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Soca Warriors coach will be having a close eyes on his locally-based players when T&T tackles Panama in an international friendly at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, from 7pm tonight.

According to FIFA records, T&T leads the all-time series, holding a 7-3 advantage in wins from 13 previous encounters.

In their last meeting Panama, won  3-0 on September 7, 2010 in Panama City, but the last time both teams faces off in T&T, the Soca Warriors came away with a 1-0 at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella on March 18, 2009.

Speaking at a pre-match conference at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo VIP Lounge, yesterday, Hart said the match for his squad, which comprises only four overseas players is a unique chance for both himself as a coach.

A former Canada national coach Hart said, “It’s the first international match for us in 2015 and I am really excited with it being against Panama which is coming off a Concacaf Gold Cup finals appearance versus the USA, last year, as well as being some seconds away from qualifying to the playoffs for a spot at the last FIFA World Cup.”

“So it will surely be a good test for our young players as we look ahead to this year’s Concacaf Gold Cup and World Cup Qualifiers, and Panama being a team we could end up facing in either tournaments.”

Commenting on the team’s preparations for the match, Hart said  it has been very different to the ones in the past because of the amount of new faces in the team.

“”I must say, its been very different and as much as I’m learning about them, they are also learning about what I expect of them.

“From the feed back I have gotten, the new guys are quite aware of the difference in speed of play from the local club level to what is required at the international stage  as well as the intensity, and overall its been an eye opening experience for them.|

With regards to the opposition, Hart who led T&T to a quarterfinals appearance at last year’s Gold Cup before losing to Mexico, and a runner-up spot in the Caribbean Cup to host Jamaica said it will be a good challenge for his youthful team.

He added:  “We have reviews some tapes of some of there (Panama) matches and they normally play a solid and rigid 4-4-2 format, they are very athletic and play more of a South American style, than what you expect from Central American teams.”

Asked what was his overall aim of the match and what he hopes to achieve by exposing more local talent to international matches, Hart said he was looking at increasing the competition for places on the team towards the major tournaments.

“The biggest test for the youngsters In think will be how they cope with concentrating for long periods in the game. I will be looking at how well the guys simulate the ideas given and how well they work together,” he added.

Panama coach Hernan Dario Gomez who missed the press conference as his team had a training session at the match venue during the same time knows that his team will be challenged.

Children under the age od 12-year-olds are free while coolers will be allowed in the un-covered stands.

Tickets for the T&T versus Panama encounter cost $100 and are available at Fan Club MovieTowne (PoS, Trincity Mall, Gulf City Mall), All Out Restaurant (QP Oval), Heritage Sports Tobago, Ramsingh's Sportsworld, Couva, Econo Supermart and Kenny's Sports Shops and also at the venue today. Gates open at 4 pm.

T&T Squad

Jan Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Pt Fortin Civic Centre), Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen), Justin Hoyte (Millwall), Mekeil Williams (W Connection), Jamal Jack (Central FC), Akeen Benjamin (Central FC) Shannon Gomez (W Connection), Uriah Bentick (Central FC), Dwane James (North East Stars),  Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), Jomal Williams (W Connection), Neveal Hackshaw (North East Stars), Marcus Joseph (Pt  Fortin Civic Centre), Aikim Andrews (W Connection), Hashim Arcia (W Connection), Ataullah Guerra (Central FC), Kevin Molino (Orlando Cuty), Tyrone Charles (San Juan Jabloteh), Willis Plaza (Central FC), Akeem Garcia (W Connection), Johan Peltier (San Juan Jabloteh)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 01:54:48 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2015, 06:56:51 AM »
A quick glance at the new call ups to the Trinidad and Tobago squad for Friday's International Friendly versus Panama

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OpuaaEMg5yM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OpuaaEMg5yM</a>

T&T midfield duo, Khaleem Hyland and Neveal Hackshaw, talk about the preparations for Panama

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9s4WeyXv2hU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9s4WeyXv2hU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2015, 08:12:58 AM »
T&T will play in a new kit today apparently.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2015, 08:30:57 AM »

The green one??  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2015, 10:02:20 AM »

The green one??  ;D

haha na

I saw a pik of it last night.... It is SWEET !!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2015, 12:00:33 PM »
I hope to see our key players give the SAME tireless effort for their country as they have been doing recently with their clubs.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2015, 01:43:47 PM »
Are they wearing the Flamengo design? Now that will be SUPER!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2015, 02:04:59 PM »
Why not have one standard kit and have it marketed throughout the country. This will be the brand of the Soca Warriors. As the team become more successful then push the SAME kit more intensely in the market.  Argentina and Germany have their standard uniform that has been marketed globally.

Almost every year we are changing uniform.  smh. Sometimes I really just shake my head. Ah just doh understand

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2015, 02:50:42 PM »
Hyland expects 100 per cent from Warriors
Trinidad Guardian Reports

Belgium-based Soca Warriors midfielder Khaleem Hyland says he is expecting nothing less than 100 per cent from his team-mates tomorrow when the Soca Warriors entertain Panama in an international friendly at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

Speaking yesterday, Hyland of Racing Genk said, “We’ve been working hard for the past couple days in training. Obviously the coach is looking at a few new faces because the big picture is the Gold Cup and the World Cup qualifiers. I for sure would like to make it to a Gold Cup Finals and even win it as well as to play in a World Cup.

“But this is all part of that journey. I hope we can get things right and pull off a decent performance on Friday (tomorrow). The public needs to support this team now because when you look at all our opponents in Concacaf, everybody is on board with the football team and supporting them from the early stages. Hopefully we can get the same kind of love and support from our people as well.”

Hyland’s fellow Carenage-born resident and Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino also wants to see this country’s senior footballers step up to the call tomorrow.

The 24-year-old Molino, who has netted 11 goals in 29 internationals, trained with his team-mates, several of them for the first time, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo yesterday as coach Stephen Hard oversaw a lively session as the players pushed themselves for selection in the starting XI of the upcoming encounter.

Molino said the mood in the camp, which includes 11 players who will be aiming for their first senior appearance, has been upbeat but he knows that the newcomers will have some nerves to overcome as he recalled his early days with the senior team.

“It’s always good for new players to come in. You can always learn from a younger player or a senior player. You can encourage the younger ones and encourage them for the future. And I’ll do whatever I can do to guide them on the right path along with the other senior players and the coaches.

“I’ve always said it’s very important to get a cap early in your career so that when you go into international competition or games you will not be shell-shocked. You want to get games under your belt as soon as possible. I was lucky to get early caps under Russell Latapy at age 18 and it helped me along with my career now. I just hope the guys can live up to the challenge and expectations and listen to what the coach has to tell them and I think everything will be okay,” he said.

The Carenage-born player described the preparations as positive so far.

“I see a lot of positive things in training. We are still learning more about each other as it’s not like a club when you get to spend long periods together. We’ve just got to come together this week and work as best as we can and pick things up quickly. I think so far things have been shaping up quite well and it’s just about getting ready for the game on Friday and going out there to give a good performance and build on it for the Gold Cup and the World Cup qualifiers,” the former Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive player said.

T&T faces Guatemala in its opening Gold Cup fixture on July 9, Cuba (July 12) and Mexico three days later and Molino sees Panama as proper opponents in preparation for these clashes.

“Panama have been improving rapidly and they have a strong Central American influence and style that is similar to Guatemala and Mexico. This game will give us a good idea of what we need to do in our approach for the Gold Cup games and the qualifiers later this year.”

Today, both Hart and Panama's head coach Hernan Dario Gomez will be the feature speakers at a pre-match press conference at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, VIP Lounge from 2.30 pm.
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2015-03-26/hyland-expects-100-cent-warriors

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2015, 02:52:18 PM »
Player search
Trinidad Express Reports

New Warriors face Panama
Tonight’s friendly international between the Soca Warriors and Panama is a dress rehearsal for a possible second meeting between the regional rivals before both compete at this summer’s CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.

This was revealed yesterday by Trinidad and Tobago’s head coach Stephen Hart at a media conference held at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Hart is excited about playing the Panama team who lost 1-0 to United States in the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup final, and were also 90 seconds away from reaching a 2014 World Cup playoff before a late goal against the Americans saw them lose out to Mexico.

Tonight’s friendly international takes place from 7 p.m. at Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva. Hart will use a mainly locally-based side, bolstered by four overseas-based professionals. By June, he expects

to face Panama with a full strength national team.

“One of the games in June, I am hoping it comes off, is the return with Panama, because they play more South American than Latin. I would also like to play a Latin side, hopefully El Salvador.”

Hart has included ten uncapped home-based players from the local Pro League, and (three) national Under-20 footballers, in a largely inexperienced squad to take on the Panamanians.

Four overseas-based professionals add some experience to the T&T squad. Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino will spearhead the attack, while the Belgium-based duo of Khaleem Hyland and Sheldon Bateau and England-born former Arsenal defender Justin Hoyte complete the slate of overseas-based players in the squad

On yesterday’s eve of the match, Hart declared the main goal of tonight’s game was to increase the competition for places in the Gold Cup squad, and to see how many of the locally based players have what it takes to play international football.

“The only objective of this exercise towards the Gold Cup is to increase competition for places in the national team,” Hart declared. “It will be a great opponent for our players to gather international experience against CONCACAF opposition, and opposition we are more than likely to play (in Gold Cup and World Cup qualifiers).

Panama head coach Hernan Dario Gomez has come with a full strength team, mainly manned by overseas-based professionals, and is also playing tonight’s friendly with an eye on the Gold Cup. Hart expects Panama to be rigid, well organised energetic and strong opponents.

“They are very, very familiar with each other because they have been together for a Gold Cup and a World Cup (campaign) with very little changes to the squad,” Hart said.

T&T Squad for Panama:

Jan Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic Centre), Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen), Justin Hoyte (Millwall), Mekeil Williams (W Connection), Jamal Jack (Central FC), Akeen Benjamin (Central FC) Shannon Gomez (W Connection), Uriah Bentick (Central FC), Dwayne James (North East Stars), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), Jomal Williams (W Connection), Neveal Hackshaw (North East Stars), Marcus Joseph (Point Fortin Civic Centre), Aikim Andrews (W Connection), Hashim Arcia (W Connection), Ataulla Guerra (Central FC), Kevin Molino (Orlando Cuty), Tyrone Charles (San Juan Jabloteh), Willis Plaza (Central FC), Rundell Winchester (Central FC), Johan Peltier (San Juan Jabloteh)
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Player-search-297732931.html

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2015, 03:50:52 PM »
what's the stream

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2015, 04:07:37 PM »
1 Hour before kick-off and no Live steam link?

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2015, 04:49:54 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago: - Marvin Phillip; Justin Hoyte, Sheldon Bateau, Mekeil Williams, Shannon Gomez; Neveal Hackshaw, Tyrone Charles, Khaleem Hyland, Kevin Molino, Ataullah Guerra; Willis Plaza.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:36:55 PM by Flex »

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2015, 04:50:56 PM »
Anyone got livestream for us USA guys?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2015, 05:06:09 PM »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2015, 05:25:18 PM »
1-0 to Panama

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2015, 05:46:04 PM »
Only Molino and Guerra looking the part so far... Plaza ent ready... he need to step up

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2015, 05:49:29 PM »
Guerra put ah beat on ah man dey boy woooooooo sah

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2015, 05:55:36 PM »
Half time at the Ato Boldon Stadium as Panama leads T&T 1-0 at the half. Goal scored by Román Torres in the 16th is the difference between both teams.

Trinidad & Tobago: - 1.Marvin Phillip; 2.Justin Hoyte, 4.Sheldon Bateau, 17.Mekeil Williams, 12.Shannon Gomez; 18.Neveal Hackshaw, 7.Tyrone Charles, 8.Khaleem Hyland, 10.Kevin Molino, 11.Ataullah Guerra; 9.Willis Plaza.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:44:59 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2015, 05:55:51 PM »
The number 7 ah think is Tyrone Charles... he getting real ball out on the right wing in dangerous positions but he end product is mess...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2015, 05:56:59 PM »
Half time at the Ato Boldon Stadium as Panama leads T&T 1-0 at the half. Goal scored by Román Torres in the 16th is the difference between both teams.

Trinidad & Tobago: - Marvin Phillip; Justin Hoyte, Sheldon Bateau, Mekeil Williams, Shannon Gomez; Neveal Hackshaw, Tyrone Charles, Khaleem Hyland, Kevin Molino, Ataullah Guerra; Willis Plaza.

anybody know the numbers?  ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:25:55 PM by Flex »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »
ah think this is a perfect warm up for the locals... de game is winnable but men need to show more drive and desire.. I ent seeing it

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2015, 06:06:38 PM »
I got the last 10 mins of the half. TT was starting to dominate in that period. But they void of ideas when they reach the area. The playing surface looks really good though.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2015, 06:20:59 PM »
Really nice to see T&T players pressing and trying to win the ball back when not in possession
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2015, 06:22:49 PM »
some of dem fellas cyah read play to save dey life
I pity the fool....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2015, 06:28:25 PM »
reason for concern - tulla, hyland and molino there and we cyah hold the ball in midfield fuh sh!t...quick pounce off the ball. where is the hope for improvement?

1]; } ?>