March 29, 2024, 05:54:58 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (27-Mar-2015)  (Read 31698 times)

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (27-Mar-2015)
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 08:09:18 PM »
Skipper Jones says ‘Warriors’ aiming for strong Gold Cup showing
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

(Port of Spain, Trinidad) With  National Senior team head coach Stephen Hart expected to announce his final squad today (Monday) for the March 27th Friendly International against Panama in Couva, the focus is already being placed on this country’s readiness for the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.

yea so where the squad list Mr press officer?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2015, 01:15:09 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lLfzZMLxWQg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lLfzZMLxWQg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2015, 04:04:06 PM »
Nice lil video!  Good vibes
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 04:08:09 PM »
Sticky  ;D Excited to see my team in action !!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2015, 09:11:40 AM »
VENUE CHANGE: As a result of a scheduling conflict with the Falcon Games which was originally to be held at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, as well as the Rally Trinidad being held on the same day, the venue has been changed to the Ato Boldon Stadium.

In meh back yard and not available to go steups.

Scheduling clearing up. Let's do this
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2015, 12:56:12 PM »
less than 10 days before de game and de public dunno de team. Panama name their squad already.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2015, 04:53:00 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lLfzZMLxWQg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lLfzZMLxWQg</a>

Nice job with the video Shaun.

Thank you.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2015, 06:45:12 AM »
very good promo. but can you get machel or olatunji to help with the promotions or even have dwight yorke say something. to help spark up the game... we need the fans to believe.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2015, 06:50:58 AM »
also we try to layout our promo to stimulate this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjPmC2hf5zI. but opposite approach like when the lady warriors lost there chance to the woman world cup. our men need to prove something...

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2015, 09:18:30 AM »
Shaun, we appreciate your work on the videos.

Would like to see some new ones though.

But keep up the good work.

Well done by the TTFA to get this game, hope all goes well.

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2015, 07:46:59 PM »
What channel would it be showing on?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 08:42:40 AM »
National Senior Team Head Coach Stephen Hart talks about his selection for the upcoming friendly with Panama, and the upcoming Gold Cup and 2018 World Cup Qualifying campaign.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ow6VrmsWQzk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ow6VrmsWQzk</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2015, 10:56:48 AM »
National Senior Team Head Coach Stephen Hart talks about his selection for the upcoming friendly with Panama, and the upcoming Gold Cup and 2018 World Cup Qualifying campaign.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ow6VrmsWQzk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ow6VrmsWQzk</a>

So hart has contacted  eligible players  .... we have a bad reputation on  professionalism so its difficult to get them on board he said .. nice points /....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:32:44 PM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2015, 12:13:06 PM »
Like the interview Mr Fuentes, but one correction, from my experiences in TT Trinidad & Tobago wasn't listening. They were most likely listening to Dr Ross, Sugar Daddy on Vibe or some other Vibes it up station...cause in TT the vibes is most important  :devil:
not sure how to get these messages across.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2015, 12:50:06 PM »
Good job by both Shaun and Hart.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »
Yo where do I find out what channel and time this game is showing?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2015, 09:09:50 AM »
‘Warriors’ prepare for Panama
Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s football team will step up the pace of their preparations from today as they gear towards Friday’s friendly international against Panama at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva. Head coach Stephen Hart welcomed his players to a live-in training camp over the weekend and will conduct a training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium today from 6 p.m.
There will be double sessions tomorrow and Wednesday in preparation for Friday’s match which will be T&T’s first international outing for 2015. Among Hart’s new call ups is national under 20 captain Shannon Gomez. The W Connection wingback is one of several players who will be hoping to make their senior international debut against the Central Americans.
“My intention right now is to get into the team for the game on Friday. I can’t say if I will be in coach Hart’s starting team but I’ll be definitely hoping to at least come off the bench,” Gomez told TTFA Media. “Just thinking about earning my first cap for the country is astounding news to me and for my football career. When I got the call that I was invited to join the senior team, it was exhilarating news for me. I’ve been working hard all the while knowing one day this opportunity for me to represent my country at the highest level would come,” he added.
Gomez has lined up against Panama at the under 20 and under 17 World Cup qualifying level and expects them to a be stern test on Friday. “Their football is on the rise and I experienced this directly as we’ve played them at the U-17 and U-20 level. I think they will be a very strong test for us on Friday and the team needs to be ready for this challenge. We want to give a solid showing in front of the home fans. This will be a perfect warm up for us for the Gold Cup and every player will be looking to do well in training and in Friday’s game with the hope of securing a spot in the Gold Cup squad,” Gomez stated.
Hart is also anticipating the week ahead, saying, “It’s going to be a really good week for us because we get to see how some of the players adapt to the rigours of preparing for an international game such as this and also against an opponent like Panama. This is important for us because players need to be accustomed to this especially going into a Gold Cup and a World Cup campaign which also involves playing on the road and travelling between countries for matches.”
Panama have emerged as one of the leading teams in the CONCACAF region in recent times. They finished runner-up in the 2005 Gold Cup and 2013 Gold Cup. And they made it to the fourth round for the 2006 World Cup CONCACAF qualifications.
Panama’s head coach Hernan Dario Gomez has selected a full strength team for the encounter. Among the players called up include German-based midfielder Armando Cooper of FC St Pauli, veteran forward Luis Tejada of Peruvian club Juan Aurich, who is the team’s leading goalscorer with 37 goals in 79 matches.
Also included in the squad are Colombian-based defender Harold Cummings, FC Dallas forward Blas Perez, LA Galaxy goalkeeper Jaime Penedo and another experienced defender Luis Henriquez of Polish club Lech Poznan. The Panama team comprised players based in Germany, Poland, Hungary, Mexico, USA, Peru, Uruguay, Colombia, Venezuela, Guatemala, Costa Rica and Panama.
Link: http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Warriors-prepare-for-Panama-297198501.html

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2015, 06:53:35 PM »
Soca Warriors train ahead of Friday’s International Friendly vs Panama

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HXBk73VMauA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HXBk73VMauA</a>

Kevin Molino looks ahead to Panama clash

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_EhTnzVde4c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_EhTnzVde4c</a>

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2015, 07:29:40 PM »
Can't get use to a T&T team wearing green  ;D

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2015, 07:32:29 PM »
Who the f**k decide to bring a Green training kit ?

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2015, 08:48:26 PM »
We are not the Guyana jaguars, Jamaica reggae boyz or San Juan Jabloteh!!! >:(
Get rid of that green sh!t one time! Doh even experiment in training!!! :pissedoff:
RED TILL AH DEAD!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:54:42 PM by de_redman »

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2015, 09:05:17 PM »
That is honestly frustrating... What the f**k I really seeing here boy

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2015, 10:12:47 PM »
So the TTFA find their video camera and locate their media personnel. Not a peep about the U17, but money to make now so video ad interview galore.

Imagine how it feel to rep your country in anonymity especially for this socially conscious generation.

Say what, ppl happy game on.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2015, 01:15:02 PM »
Garcia added to T&T squad
Trinidad Express Online Reports

Trinidad and Tobago Under-20 footballer Akeem Garcia got a late call-up to the senior national team ahead of their clash against Panama in a friendly at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday. Garcia along with ten other players will be aiming for their first senior appearance.
Garcia’s call-up came because Rundell Winchester will not be flying in to join the team having been asked by the Portland Timbers to remain there on the weekend as he seeks to
obtain a contract.
Meanwhile, Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino wants to see this country’s senior footballers step-up on Friday. Molino trained with his teammates, several of them for the first time, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium as head coach Stephen Hart oversaw a lively session as the players pushed themselves, as they pressed for selection in the final 11 in the upcoming encounter.
Molino said the mood in the camp and training sessions has been upbeat but he knows that the newcomers will have some nerves to overcome as he recalled his early days with the senior team.
“It’s always good for new players to come in. you can always learn from a younger player or a senior player. You can encourage the younger ones and encourage them for the future. And I’ll do whatever I can do to guide them on the right path along with the other senior players and the coaches.
“I’ve always said it’s very important to get a cap early in your career so that when you go into international competition or games you will not be shell-shocked. You want to get games under your belt as soon as possible. I was lucky to get early caps under Russell Latapy at age 18 and it helped me along with my career now.  I just hope the guys can live up to the challenge and expectations and listen to what the coach has to tell them and I think everything will be okay,” he added.
T&T face Guatemala in its opening Gold Cup fixture on July 9 and Mexico a few days later and Molino sees Panama as proper opponents in preparation for these clashes. “Panama have been improving rapidly and they have a strong Central American influence and style that is similar to Guatemala and Mexico. This game will give us a good idea of what we need to do in our approach for the Gold Cup games and the qualifiers later this year.”

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Garcia-added-to-TT-squad-297463931.html

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2015, 01:29:59 PM »
Welcome Panama, a formidable opponent
By Alvin Corneal (Guardian).

The choice of Panama for a football friendly against the Soca warriors is appropriate from all angles.

Since their entry into the Concacaf, they have demonstrated the quality of their play by a fair level of success in the Gold Cup tournaments over the past four years.

They will surely put TT to the test and will take a good look at what is being offered by the home team.

For Stephen Hart and his squad, the task of molding a team in seven days cannot be considered easy, especially as there has been little interaction among the local players, many of whom are chosen in the final twenty two players.

With all the restrictions given to the professional clubs over the release of players for matches played on a Fifa day, it simply means that many of the players from the last few matches of the Gold Cup Qualifying in Jamaica have been bypassed.

With so many who are employed locally, some practice days should have been afforded for the coach to start his Gold Cup preparations from now.

Stephen Hart could not be totally satisfied with the shortage of training days in order to plan a course of action with the team.

Are we still naďve to believe that so long as players are occupied with their club teams, they can be expected to perform in quite the same way when they are selected into a team which may have a difference in approach, system of play, and most importantly, positive attitude.

The quality of play in a national team must be based upon the players gelling organisationally as a team, understanding the technical and tactical language which implies a level of cohesiveness.

Our major problem in recent times is a lack of coordination among the players in terms of creating the fluidity of ball possession from defense to midfield and finally to the forwards.

The individual play of Kevin Molino, Ataullah Guerra, Khareem Hyland, Marcus Joseph, and Willis Plaza will certainly create entertainment, mainly because they are the penetrative attackers in the team.

The question now is whether the number of relative newcomers and the two overseas based Justin Hoyte and Sheldon Bateau are capable of developing astute formations of defense and attack when necessary.

Fans are forever expecting excellent performances from players regardless of which part of the world they play and what styles to which they have become accustomed.

We should recall that the number of attacking setplays which came our way in the qualifying series were not well utilised, because of an absence of any planned moves to upset the opposition.

Then the business of speed and where this asset must be used, should be an essential factor. When we had Lester Peltier in our lineup, his speed towards the right byeline was effective and the attacking players received some crosses which could have invited goal chances.

I believe that Hughton Hector may have been an impact midfielder to join in a midfield potency when alongside playmakers, Guerra, and ball winners Hyland and Hoyte.

Surely I am speculating about some of these players whom we have not seen for a few months, but that is the price coaches have to pay when they are subjected to a less than satisfactory plan for their matches.

Of the Panamians, they base their game upon speed, quick short crisp passes in midfield and tend to recognise opponents who are short in that department.

One of the things which Panama has learnt from their old adversaries from Conmebol is their swift recovery when they have lost possession, a feature which often presents them with an opportunity to regain possession almost immediately.

I am always concerned about the selection of many young players in the national team at the same time. That procedure alludes to the uncertainty of the coaching staff as to their true ability.

Oh how I welcomed the days when an interleague tournament played within three weeks of national team matches, will put on show the outstanding players from the various zones or leagues as the case may be, for about three or four matches prior to selection. This formula allows a competitive spirit among the teams and try to produce their best performances before the eyes of the coaching staff and the public as well.

We all know that finances are always referred as the major problem, whether it is for transport and hotel for overseas players or payment for representing our national team, hence the reason why we always have an excuse for many of the things that happen on the field.

This present situation may be more to the liking of Hart than previous times, and because of this, we must expect competence on the part of the players.

I shall follow the path to team preparation up to the last day in order to convince myself that our team can produce solid competition in this game on Friday.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:50:12 AM by Flex »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2015, 08:18:36 PM »
just back from TnT training session....very good..intense...fired up..good stuff...locals working on fitting in...
so lets hope for solid performance...to add some players/youngsters to the pool...and the result while not being too important..i will take a good one
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2015, 01:48:38 AM »
Panama gearing up for tomorrow’s friendly
T&T Express Reports.

Panama’s senior men’s football team arrived in Port of Spain at around 4.15 p.m. yesterday and were expected to get a feel of the Ato Boldon Stadium turf later, ahead of tomorrow’s international friendly with Trinidad and Tobago.

Head coach Hernan Dario Gomez and his team checked in at the Ritz Carlton Savannah Hotel where they will be based for their stay in Trinidad before journeying back to Panama City on Saturday for another international warm-up against Costa Rica next Tuesday.

Gomez was forced to make one change to his team with goalkeeper Luis Mejia suffering a muscle tear in training on Tuesday at the Rommel Fernandez Stadium. Mejia has been replaced by Oscar McFarlane.

The Colombian stressed on the importance of his country’s two games against T&T and Costa Rica in preparation for the CONCACAF Gold Cup and World Cup qualifiers. “These games are very important for us. We wan to do well in the Gold Cup and also be ready for the World Cup qualification,” Gomez told TTFA Media.

“I’m sure there’s other players with experience who have the capacity that allows them to believe in themselves and they continue to work with a lot of professionalism,” said the Colombian on the disappointment of narrowly missing out on 2014 World Cup qualification. “The dream is to make it to the next World Cup.”

“Panama has good players who have good experience,” the 59-year-old continued. “Now they’re even playing in the league in the United States, Europe and Mexico. When we play games against teams like Mexico, it’s always very even. We’re just a step away from doing big things.”

Those big things include reaching the World Cup. “It’s a dream,” Gomez continued. “It would change a lot of things, even the lives in Panama socially. That would be the maximum. We would change everything to go to the World Cup.”

Both Gomez and T&T head coach Stephen Hart will meet at a press conference being hosted by the TTFA at the VIP Lounge Hasely Crawford Stadium from 2:30pm on Thursday. For T&T, midfielder Khaleem Hyland and defender Justin Hoyte as well as goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams are among the more experienced players in the T&T squad that will face a full strength Panama outfit.

Hyland expects nothing less than one hundred percent from his teammates on Friday. “We’ve been working hard for the past couple days in training. Obviously the coach is looking at a few new faces because the big picture is the Gold Cup and the World Cup qualifiers. I for sure would like to make it to a Gold Cup Finals and even win it as well as to play in a World Cup,”Hyland told TTFA Media.

“But this is all part of that journey. I hope we can get things right and pull off a decent performance on Friday. The public needs to support this team now because when you look at all our opponents in CONCACAF, everybody is on board with the football team and supporting them from the early stages. Hopefully we can get the same kind of love and support from our people as well,” he added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »
Any LiveStream for the Presser?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2015, 04:02:13 PM »
Who the f**k decide to bring a Green training kit ?

We wear red or we wear white.

Who de FOK really come up with this sht.
Like somebody in Guyana give the FEd. a freebee.
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2015, 07:25:18 PM »
Why Allyuh dissin Guyanese so?

1]; } ?>