March 28, 2024, 07:35:25 AM

Author Topic: Leslie ‘Tiger’ Fitzpatrick obtains his USSF ‘A’ License  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Leslie ‘Tiger’ Fitzpatrick obtains his USSF ‘A’ License
« on: February 16, 2015, 11:25:53 AM »
Leslie ‘Tiger’ Fitzpatrick obtains his USSF ‘A’ License
torontoskillz.com

Toronto Skillz FC Academy would like to announce the awarding of the USSF ‘A’ Coaching License to its Technical Director Leslie ‘Tiger’ Fitzpatrick.

Coach Fitzpatrick, whose accomplished playing career saw him capped internationally for his native Trinidad & Tobago over 30 times including their successful qualification for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, in addition to almost a decade’s worth of professional experience in Europe, Asia, North America, and the Caribbean, he began coaching during his playing years. Upon his retirement in 2012, he embarked on his coaching career full time and his infectious, enthusiastic, tenacious, and fun loving persona that was displayed so often as a player, can be immediately seen in his coaching style and demeanor. His dedication and commitment to his craft and his players immediately earned him the respect of all those he interacts with in the game.

During his tenure thus far with TSFC Academy, he has overseen back to back year end SAAC Championships with his U20 age group as well having two of his players graduate to the professional ranks and a couple others who are on the cusp of a similar achievement in the sport. He is also overseeing the TSFC Academy tertiary education and scholarship program and he has also been sending players to the next level of the game both in Canada and USA. He has used an extensive network to build partnerships with the Academy and Clubs globally and continues to work on legitimate relationships that will benefit players not only in the Academy, but in SAAC and throughout Canada and North America in general.

We at Toronto Skillz FC are extremely proud and honored to have Tiger as our Technical Director and we would all would like to take the opportunity to formally congratulate him on this monumental achievement in his coaching career.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Leslie ‘Tiger’ Fitzpatrick obtains his USSF ‘A’ License
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 11:50:17 AM »
Nicely done Tiger. Always had your head screwed on tightly.
You could see many of the warrior ballers during the previous rough years getting positioned nicely in good leadership slots
... and waiting to help when the call comes that certain people are no longer in the way.
In the meantime eat ah food homie and make a big name fuh yuhself and de youts.
Congrats.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 11:52:51 AM »
Daiz what we talking about. Well done Tiger.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 01:13:06 PM »
Great news... good stuff  :beermug:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 03:05:03 PM »
Well done, Tiger. Keep on moving forwards. :applause:

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 05:16:15 PM »
Ballers can be shot callers. Stay gully.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 07:06:38 PM »
Good stuff Tiger, all the best man  :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 08:00:12 AM »
Leslie Fitzpatrick named Huskies Women's Soccer Head Coach
georgebrown.ca

George Brown is pleased to announce the appointment of Leslie Fitzpatrick as Women's Soccer Head Coach.

"Leslie’s high performance coaching and playing background make him a great addition to our program," said Manager of Athletics Melanie Gerin-Lajoie. "He brings a high level of energy to the field, which will also transfer off-field in a recruiting capacity. We’re in a bit of a rebuilding stage with women’s soccer, and think we’ve found the perfect person to take the program now to that next level.”

Fitzpatrick arrives having spent five the past five years with Toronto Skillz FC of League 1, holding the title of General Manager/Technical Director for all five seasons and Head Coach for the past two. In his two seasons as bench boss Fitzpatrick oversaw the transfer of three players to professional teams in Portugal and Sweden while placing ten academy developed players into universities and colleges throughout NCAA Division I, Division II and CIS level competition.  Fitzpatrick now spearheads the GS Junior Girls program, which is geared toward 15-21 year olds and has a rich history in the women's game, with the Senior team having won the last five Ontario Cups and a top-three finish at Nationals.He's also an assistant with the DeRo United/GS United League 1 women's team.

Fitzpatrick played professionally with both Real Salt Lake and Columbus Crew of the MLS, also playing at the professional level in Europe, Asia and Trinidad and Tobago, spending a total of 10 years as a professional player while captaining three clubs along the way. Fitzpatrick has been the Technical Director at Kenton Soccer Association since 2012.

Fitzpatrick already has a familiarity with the program, having spent the 2017-18 campaign as an assistant with the women's team. He also has a strong relationship with long-time Husky John Williams, which will aid in his transition.

"The opportunity to build on the fantastic foundation that John Williams laid in developing the program, and to continue to work closely with such a dedicated and motivated group of young women was one of the biggest draws to filling this position," said Fitzpatrick. "I look forward to putting a product on the field that is befitting of the wonderful sporting tradition of GBC athletics and to assisting these ladies both in their academic and sporting pursuits. Thanks to Melanie Gérin-Lajoie and the entire athletic department for welcoming me into the Husky family since my arrival in the spring and for the trust they have put in me to take the program into the next frontier. "

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 02:22:20 PM »
We smashed a team a team 5-1 in the Mississauga league last night. Leslie assisted me for a goal. Let me tell you the man still have it.

since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
We smashed a team a team 5-1 in the Mississauga league last night. Leslie assisted me for a goal. Let me tell you the man still have it.

Jefferz, how you even make dat side? ;D

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 08:55:48 PM »

DJW pullin strings  ;)
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 10:34:25 PM »

DJW pullin strings  ;)

Sounds bout right!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 05:41:46 AM »
George Brown's Leslie Fitzpatrick named OCAA Central Division Coach of the Year
georgebrown.ca

Leslie Fitzpatrick was named the OCAA's central division coach of the year at Thursday nights women's soccer awards banquet.

Fitzpatrick oversaw an incredible transformation during his first year heading up the program, leading the Huskies to a crossover play game for the first time since the program was reintroduced in 2013-14 and a much-improved 3-5-2 regular season record.

The women's program was so much better on both sides of the ball, one of the biggest one-year leaps in the entire province. Fitzpatrick oversaw the program have two women named OCAA All-Stars - veteran Cynthia Pellegrino and one of the best young players in the province, Brianna Samuels-McLaughlin.

He directed a vastly superior defensive unit, one that was stingy throughout the season and continued to get better as the year went on. With players now having a year playing under Fitzpatrick's system, things are looking nothing but up.

Fitzpatrick came in with a wealth of experience, having spent years with Toronto Skillz FC of League 1, holding the title of General Manager/Technical Director for all five seasons and Head Coach for the past two. He also played professionally with both Real Salt Lake and Columbus Crew of the MLS, and his experience shone through in his first season as bench boss.

The Huskies clearly have a lot to look forward to heading into Fitzpatrick's second season as head coach.

1]; } ?>