March 29, 2024, 12:44:22 AM

Author Topic: When You Have Cocoa in Sun  (Read 2051 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When You Have Cocoa in Sun
« on: February 18, 2015, 11:11:53 PM »
'When you have Cocoa in sun you must look out for rain'...it's an old saying in Trinidad...another old saying is ...'take in front before de front take you'...

These are the  strategic tools adopted by our National Coaches..

Mr Hart's blueprint:
 Panama would have played 5x more than us before a Gold Cup.

Our Senior players oversees not playing full 90 min games

Our Local league is too short

Pro League matches only sustain 40 mins of high intensity

The International pool of players is too small

Local players don't get enough competition.

Mr cooper: 

No proper Academies in Trinidad

Coaches not preparing players to play at the next level

Coaches not teaching the fundamentals

Players are not courageous

Players lack both technical skills and tactical awareness

National Coaches spend too much time teaching fundamentals of the game

We like a Panorama side..

This is a modern trend in Trinidad football...my question is...if these coaches are so handicapped ..why did they take the job?

Never in the history of Trinidad Football has there been more money for National Teams.

Never in Trinidad history has there been better facilities

Never in Trinidad history has there been a shortage of players without talent or potential

Why now?

Never in Trinidad History I have seen coaches come out and air out dirty laundry in this fashion

I am saying that these coaches should have been aware of the challenges of the job going in and have a plan to meet and overcome these challenges...it is the nature of that job.

I have never heard Roderick Warner complain like that...back in those days big men like Brow and Saddles and Brian Williams and few other players from south squeeze up in one old car to go Port-of-Spain for training..I see dat wid my own two eyes..Those players and coaches represent with pride and nobody was airing no dirty laundry..back then all the players were amateurs..Strike Squad was an amateur team..

Stop making excuses and step up Coaches!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: When You Have Cocoa in Sun
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 07:43:37 AM »
Coache, point taken. That was then, this is now. The dynamics have changed. How you know them men never complain. All their complaints fell right on their toes. They played in the era of Jack Warner. Unless you were on his right side, nothing happening for you. Don't mention Brow in this. He was a police. He did not have to worry about his salary. I am sure he was very concern about the non-government players, but what could he do for them. Or what the the DF and Police players do for players who were asking for funds for their daily living expenses. Well like you said, he squeeze up in a old and went POS to practice. Well that is solidarity. You honestly want these current players to accept the renumerations of 20-30 years ago. You eh serious, Breds.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 07:57:10 AM »
Nice discussion.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 08:15:09 AM »
Coache

As a practitioner myself in another sport I have to say that excuses are not useful within your programme, but if aired in a tasteful way, can be useful in highlighting to a potential sponsor, or even the administration, that we are starting off in a deficit.

Everyone wants success. Waldrum said he wanted to take up the challenge with the women's team, yet no one aired more dirty laundry than he did. It was an international embarrassment in Texas last year. Yet those in the know will know we did not fall short in November or December. We actually almost caught back up in those instances, and that right there is the problem with sport in TnT in general. everything remains salvage rather than conquest. The only teams we resoundingly beat are those worse off than we are. We edge out those who have similar issues, and salvage something positive from those better off.

We cannot compete with those who have the machinery in place to be successful, and there is nothing wrong in highlighting that.

Every now and then, something magical happens though, Mexico in the stadium in 2000 for example, where our natural talent emerges and we see our true potential. What is unfortunate is that our immaturity as a country continues to allow for self-deceit and we feel that if we could do it in then, we should always be able to do it, and in sport that is simply not so. If that was the case, Beijing Olympic Silver Medalist Richard Thompson would have won more individual medals as a bigger, stronger and more experienced athlete.

If we are serious about elite sport in this country, we need to take heed of what elite sport requires and stop giving our coaches and athletes so little to work with.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 08:49:55 AM »
Good discussion my ass. Its nostalgic nonsense

I really think we should all go back to using Latrine and toting water from the stand pipe.
My mother and father never complained. As a matter of fact lets let Britain take back over and we become
a colony again we, things was way better when white people run the country.  :puking:

This is a time of communication, social media and global coverage. Intense scrutiny is the order of the day.
Football has moved on so far from that time period it is unthinkable and will also add boldly, we achieved very little. As a matter of fact the average fan is more aware of what true football requirements are necessary, than Roderick Warner, Osborne, Vidale ever did.

Just for your information Edgar Vidal was on radio the other day making similar sentiments about the lack of preparation for our youth teams.

We never qualified for any u18 or U20 WC back then. Very little people even realized we were in competition, if you miss it in the papers it was a done event.

I dont see it as complaining as much as trying to create awareness, almost showing what is necessary to move forward in the game. CONCACAf has left us in the rearview, because of similar blindness and lack of knowledge. The biggest coaches in the world everyday talking about their squad needs. Look at LVG and Rogers. Mourinho famous quote to "make a perfect omlette you need perfect eggs" Its an awareness issue. Look at the list of needs / wants Klinsman making the US aware off.

The question you should be asking is if Cooper, Hart, King are wrong? Can we achieve success without bringing the football to a level playing field? If your answer is yes. Please please please enlighten us and while you do so, name me one successful country that achieveing without quality players, well prepared players & teams, good league football, a successful management team, the list goes on.

I dear say coache its exactly your mentality that has us where we are today. Accept the shit, say nothing and get on with it. This is why the entire country is the way it is, socially, politically, educationally and sportingly. But say what, after all we like it so.   :worried:  :banginghead:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:07 AM »
Never in the history of Trinidad Football has there been more money for National Teams.

The football fraternity has no access to all that money.

Never in Trinidad history has there been better facilities

That is true. But events that can fill the stadium will get priority. Machel can fill it, he gets priority. The WNT did it also.

Never in Trinidad history has there been a shortage of players without talent or potential

I eh go argue with you on that one. I see lots of potential. That is all.

Why now?

Why not now? Now is the time. 3 yrs before 2018.

Never in Trinidad History I have seen coaches come out and air out dirty laundry in this fashion

This is not dirty laundry. I think it is constructive. They pointing out deficiencies in out football. Hart explained the dynamics of the overseas players on the bench, playing less than 30 mins,  as well as the locals playing in the less competitive local league. And how this affects our national team. I eh see nothing vindictive about that. I glad he come out and made his point clear. I understand everything he is saying.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 09:03:40 AM »
ANC2 made some good points. Look, the MLS are way ahead of us in every aspect of the game, and Klinnsman said that most of the players are not good enough. He suggested some seek to improve in Europe. This is the man who is making quite a pretty penny as a head coach. But he can say these things because he has the US right behind Mex. But he believe that the league is not developing players who can make the US #1. And the US is now very competitive against top ten national teams. No team will brush aside the US with Jurgen at helm.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:01:42 PM by Deeks »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 10:43:16 PM »
I see what you guys are saying and I agree ..however coaches have to becareful how they talk about players..

Players are the people who have to represent on the field of play...not coaches ..not administration ...not critics..

We can do whatever we want..at the end of the day it's up to players..if coaches come out and say players are ill equipped, lack funding, can't get friendlies..that's okay.

But when a coach points to the public that players are themselves deficient in more ways than one ...then it takes blame away from a coach whenever his or her team didn't achieve their objective.

For instance if I go to the press and tell the press : On my team there isn't a player who has the courage to sacrifice his body to stop a goal from scoring..

Non of the players on my team don't get 90 mins of football on their team..

Non of the local players play football at a high intensity for 90 mins..

I am saying that this sends a sublime message to players that the Coach doesn't believe in his players.

I am saying that a coach should always speak highly his players..bad talk media,administration, staff whoever else ..

I am saying to the coaches..pick yuh players ..recognize their flaws and weaknesses and talk about those things privately

Players have big egos ...ego is all the player has..it's the energy players feed off from...a self belief ..they will always have respect for the coach who tries to take their game to the next level.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 12:20:35 PM »
Non of the players on my team don't get 90 mins of football on their team..

Non of the local players play football at a high intensity for 90 mins..

I am saying that this sends a sublime message to players that the Coach doesn't believe in his players.

If it was a coach who not in touch with his players...then yes...that could be the case.

Fortunately for T&T, Coach Hart in fairly constant contact with players at pretty much every level of the game.  Those playing abroad all the way through to those playing minor league football.

When you have ex players, coaches, ex coaches, long time fans freely telling people they never before see another coach that has been to as much local football and interacted with players, that says something.

The coach not telling the media stuff that the players themselves don't know.  They know full well what his thoughts are....before this appeared in any media story.

You take it as he don't believe in the players

Another perspective is that he's telling the players...."this is where you need to be in order to just compete effectively in TODAY's football".

The players know it.  His fellow coaches know it.  The media knows it.  It's not like he inconsistent with the message and it's not like the message is false. 

Maybe because is not what SOME want to hear is why it difficult to take.  But for me...I rather somebody tell me as it is and know where I stand, rather than sugar coat ting and when I go out on de field thinking I large and end up fold up like a Patraj roti   
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>