April 18, 2024, 11:15:36 AM

Author Topic: Birchall praises potential T&T player.  (Read 4633 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Birchall praises potential T&T player.
« on: February 26, 2015, 02:47:15 AM »
Birchall praises potential T&T player.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

English-born midfielder Chris Birchall made his debut for T&T at age 21 in 2005. Ten years later he believes this country could be on the verge of having yet another youthful English-born enter its national team.

Nineteen-year-old Crystal Palace defender Ryan Inniss is currently on loan at Birchall’s club Port Vale and seems to be in top form at the moment. Inniss’ father is Trinidadian and T&T could be an option for the centre back.

“He’s in great form at the moment for Port Vale. He’s 19. His dad was born in Trinidad and I think I’m delighted that he’s eligible to play for T&T. He could be a great addition to the team,” Birchall said.

Innis, who stands at six feet five inches, has also played for England’s Under-16 and U-17 teams. He joined the Crystal Palace Academy at age 14 and signed his first professional contract at age 16. He’s also been on loan to Luton Town, Yeovil, Gillingham and Cheltenham Town.

Former Port Vale star Phil Sproson also spoke highly of Inniss following his debut in a 1-0 win over Walsall and then in a 3-0 win over Doncaster a few days ago.

“He’s an out-and-out centre-back who wants to defend and go and win the ball in the air,” Sproson said.

“We have had defenders who are comfortable on the ball and can play out from the back, but they have struggled when they have come up against teams with a physical presence up front.

“Inniss is a rock and he will go and win that ball. He is a Ryan Shawcross type player.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall praises potential T&T player.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 08:43:57 AM »
Birchall scouting for us. NOICE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »
Go get him Hartie...and while yuh at it check on Nick DeLeon (24), Sheanon Williams (24) and John Bostock (23).
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 12:01:06 PM »
Go get him Hartie...and while yuh at it check on Nick DeLeon (24), Sheanon Williams (24) and John Bostock (23).

our team can get much stronger ... just have not heard hart talk about scouting potential players .... competition is good
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 12:55:40 PM »
If he is half the defender that Ryan Shawcross is then we need to pursue!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 05:26:50 AM »
Good job Birchie...

So long Lawrence, Edwards, Yorke etc in England and not one of them does try to do a lil scouting for we.

Hope we get this player, so Cyrus could play up front.

;)

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 08:08:16 AM »
Sam, didn't Lawrence was the one who talked to Birch about TT national football? Correct me if I am wrong.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 08:18:44 AM »
yes. lawrence was the one who mentioned birch

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 09:06:15 AM »
Sam, didn't Lawrence was the one who talked to Birch about TT national football? Correct me if I am wrong.

If I remember clearly, Jack Warner found out and told Lawrence to vibes him.

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/nov/15/newsstory.sport2&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=IYnwVNGzHIKqgwSok4PgAw&ved=0CCMQFjAD&usg=AFQjCNEfPIRL8Ib4LyqJIJC7BvjEkM6Cng

Bristling Birchall desperate to book Trini's ticket to Germany ...

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:11:25 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 09:24:23 AM »

If I remember clearly, Jack Warner found out and told Lawrence to vibes him.

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/nov/15/newsstory.sport2&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=IYnwVNGzHIKqgwSok4PgAw&ved=0CCMQFjAD&usg=AFQjCNEfPIRL8Ib4LyqJIJC7BvjEkM6Cng

Bristling Birchall desperate to book Trini's ticket to Germany ...

That is what I remember as well.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ryan Inniss could follow Chris Birchall into Trinidad and Tobago team
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 12:07:33 PM »
Ryan Inniss could follow Chris Birchall into Trinidad and Tobago team
By Mike Baggaley (The Sentinel)

PORT Vale loan signing Ryan Inniss could follow Chris Birchall’s footsteps and play for Trinidad and Tobago.

The 19-year-old centre half has been a huge hit since joining the Valiants two games ago from Crystal Palace. He’s certainly impressed his team mate Birchall who is hoping the 6ft 5in defender will pledge his allegiances to Trinidad and Tobago.

Inniss has played for England at under-17 level but qualifies for Trinidad and Tobago through his father.

Birchall told the Trinidad and Tobago Guardian: “He could be a great addition to the team. You need depth going into a World Cup qualifying year, so I believe he adds quality. I would recommend him to get a TT passport from now so things are organised.”

Birchall qualifies for Trinidad and Tobago because his mum was born in Trinidad. He became the only Port Vale player ever to appear in the World Cup when he represented Trinidad and Tobago in the 2006 tournament in Germany. He helped them to a draw with Sweden in their opening World Cup game and also played in their 2-0 defeats to England and Paraguay.

Vale are keen to extend Inniss’s loan until the end of the season and are likely to contact Palace next week to sound out the Premier League club.

Vale boss Rob Page brought Inniss in a fortnight ago and has been delighted with the way the youngster has helped Vale bounce back to form with wins over Walsall and Doncaster.

He said: “When you are on a bit of an indifferent spell there are three things you can change.

“You can either do something drastic in training and try to change some of the techniques , change the way you play or change the personnel.

“If you are looking at experienced lads of 36 or 36 ho have been there and done it, you have to pay top whack for them.

“We haven’t got the facility to do that so the next best thing then was to find someone who is young hungry but had all the attributes that I wanted from a senior player.”

Here’s the full list of Vale’s international players, with thanks to Valiants historian Phil Sherwin.

PORT VALE’S INTERNATIONALS
Chris Birchall (Trinidad and Tobago) 26
Anthony Rougier (Trinidad and Tobago) 20
Sammy Morgan (N Ireland) 7
George Abbey (Nigeria) 6
Teddy Peers (Wales) 4
Eamon O’Keefe (Rep of Ireland) 4
Jon McCarthy (N Ireland) 4
Billy Bingham (N Ireland) 3
Andy Jones (Wales) 3
Ryan McGivern (N Ireland) 2
*David Healy (N Ireland) 2
James Lawrie (N Ireland) 2
Anthony Griffith (Montserrat) 2
* Neville Southall (Wales) 1
* Andy Little (N Ireland) 1

* Denotes players on loan at Vale when they were capped.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 01:46:48 PM »
Thanks for the referral Birch. That's a real Warrior.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 01:53:48 AM »
Inniss gets new Crystal Palace offer.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

English youth international defender Ryan Inniss has been offered a new extension to his contract by Crystal Palace. However, there also remains strong interest from Port Vale to sign the central defender to a long term contract with the player now on loan at the club.

Inniss is currently recovering from an ankle injury and Vale had lost all six games since he sustained the injury in a match against Coventry City on March 7. Prior to that, Vale had won four of the five games Inniss appeared in.

Port Vale chairman Norman Smurthwaite said he would love to sign Inniss at Vale.

“The plans for Ryan are not over. Rob and I would like him in our squad and if I am able to negotiate something with Crystal Palace then hopefully he could be in our squad next year."

The 19-year-old Inniss has played for England at the Under-17 and U-21 level and is eligible to represent T&T. The big defender has already expressed an interest in playing for T&T, possibly in an upcoming friendly in June, although he has not counted out his chances of making the England first team.

T&T head coach Stephen Hart will hold further talks with the player ahead of T&T’s CONCACAF Gold Cup campaign.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »
If he makes the move before August I will be so happy because then I'll be able to make a Trinidadian defense in FIFA lol.

Right now we only have one centre back as Mitchell just left the MLS, he is no longer in FIFA. So we only have Sheldon now.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 04:21:26 PM »
I am confused as to why the player is being praised. Because he choose to rep TnT? or simply because he was not born in TnT and choose to rep TnT?

He still has to put in work in practice and make the TnT team. The coach should not be forced by public pressure. A foreign born player is not any different from a local born player in this regard. No player has a divine right on the T&T team. What does this say about our football if we choose this type of mentality
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:24:31 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 04:25:20 PM »
I am confused as to why the player is being praised. Because he choose to rep TnT? or simply because he was not born in TnT and choose to rep TnT?

I think he is praising his quality.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »
According to Shaun Fuentes, Ryan Inniss has made himself available for selection for one of T&T’s upcoming friendlies against Mexico and Panama.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 06:31:18 AM »
According to Shaun Fuentes, Ryan Inniss has made himself available for selection for one of T&T’s upcoming friendlies against Mexico and Panama.

Good news! Hope he fits in :thumbsup:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 07:23:54 AM »
Defense will be our best ever ,but who will have to take one for the team Williams or Abu ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 02:49:49 PM »
Who is the dude again?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 04:01:30 PM »
Defense will be our best ever ,but who will have to take one for the team Williams or Abu ?

This will be priceless. Great problem to have
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 04:41:37 PM »

He still has to put in work in practice and make the TnT team. The coach should not be forced by public pressure. A foreign born player is not any different from a local born player in this regard. No player has a divine right on the T&T team. What does this say about our football if we choose this type of mentality

Who tell you he will play. It's common sense that any player in teh Championship or Premiership who is eligible for TT should get a look see. It's not a formality that he makes the lineup. Ask Tony Warner.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2015, 04:43:42 PM »

I am pleasantly surprised that he has made himself available. Most of these English fellas (especially if ex England Youth Players) wait until there's no chance of making the Eng. team and then choose us.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 07:46:07 PM »

I am pleasantly surprised that he has made himself available. Most of these English fellas (especially if ex England Youth Players) wait until there's no chance of making the Eng. team and then choose us.

VB

Yeah me too, VB.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>