April 29, 2024, 06:37:40 AM

Author Topic: Sancho vs Tim Kee the Thread.  (Read 31498 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I find this a bit strange.

So he went to the Ministry to tell them that he is not going to meet with the Minister ??? That don't sound right. Something else at play there !!!

If he was not going to meet with the Minister then why did he go there in the first place ??????

Waiting to hare from Tim Kee.....

We only hearing one side of the story right now. I expect 'Football Supporter' to defend his boy Sancho so now I waiting to hear from Tim Kee.

Anyway what is most important to Football fans is to have the right preparation for our national men and women teams as they move forward.

Obviously I will have a bias towards Sancho. But, remember, I was there. When Tim-Kee told the PS that he wouldn't meet with Sancho, we were amazed and we met and decided that we wouldn't take the bait and the meeting would go ahead without the Minister. When the PS and I went to find Tim-Kee, Sheldon said he had left! I have no idea why he did this, but look: PS invited RTK to discuss U23 payments on July 12th. No reply. Another invite was sent. RTK rejected the meeting and requested another date. PS agreed. Then RTK actually attends the Ministry and refuses to meet with Minister. Then, when Minister ok's the meeting without him, RTK gone home.

I will add that Sancho was initially furious with RTK. As the main sponsor of TTFA, he felt he deserved more respect, whatever the political situation. 

But Phillips didn't deny Sancho's claim:

TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips accompanied Tim Kee to the Sport Ministry on Wednesday but did not want to discuss their meeting.
“I would rather you get those answers from Raymond,” said Phillips. “Anything regarding what took place in that meeting, I would rather come from him.”
Wired868 asked if he denied the Sport Minister’s account regarding Tim Kee’s stated refusal to meet with him.
“No,” said Phillips.

Anyway what is most important to Football fans is to have the right preparation for our national men and women teams as they move forward.  Clearly RTK isn't in agreement with you!

I was going to post the Possible scenarios for the breakdown before FS's reply....(check out 1 and 2)

1. The meeting was to be with the P.S. and the Minister invited himself so Tim Kee refused

2. The meeting was delayed and Mr. Tim Kee found that he was waiting too long

3. Something was said while waiting that offended Mr. Tim Kee

4. The agenda for the meeting was different that what Mr. Tim Kee was prepared for

As Richard Pryor would have said: None of the Above lol
LOL OK !!!

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
RTK is just a figurehead anyway... I'm glad Sheldon stuck around as he is the guy that is in charge of planning etc.... I really hope F.S and Sancho will work with Sheldon to get the games required for September and October.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sound like Tim Kee walking around in a constant state of being offended.
If he can't put aside personal feelings to do the job then just get out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sound like Tim Kee walking around in a constant state of being offended.
If he can't put aside personal feelings to do the job then just get out.

LOL. Did you see his statement on Friday concerning the prison break? Went something like: "Doh worry, I've got extra security to cover me. By the way, it will be difficult to get out of Port of Spain as it's on lock down."

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Too many men wearing too many hats.

Tim Kee - PNM Treasurer, POS Mayor, and TTFA President.

The last two are definitely full-time jobs on their own, and the first one further complicates things with the PNM in opposition.

Brent Sancho - Minister of Sport, UNC Political Aspirant, 2006 WC Crusader against the TTFA

The first two are compatible as it's a political position, but the last one is a serious conflict of interest and it's pretty clear has interfered with his relationship with the TTFA. On top of the fact, given the PNM/UNC animosity and we have both at either end, there is little to no hope of resolution given the political agendas.

I don't see anything changing unless the PNM wins the next election.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The last two are definitely full-time jobs on their own, and the first one further complicates things with the PNM in opposition.

Brent Sancho - Minister of Sport, UNC Political Aspirant, 2006 WC Crusader against the TTFA

The first two are compatible as it's a political position, but the last one is a serious conflict of interest and it's pretty clear has interfered with his relationship with the TTFA. On top of the fact, given the PNM/UNC animosity and we have both at either end, there is little to no hope of resolution given the political agendas.

Right. and Sancho will not be Minister of Sport after Sept 7th.  Watch and see what will happen

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Right. and Sancho will not be Minister of Sport after Sept 7th.  Watch and see what will happen

Ok, you may get your wish and Sancho will be gone. What then? Who can you see in the PNM camp who would make a good Minister of Sport? And bear in mind that a good Minister of Sport may not be interested in spending $25 million a year on football!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

If TK remains and PNM wins, the situation will be worse.. No accountability and transparency...

TK will do as he pleases and not even account to the footballing public.. Be careful what you guys wish for..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ok, you may get your wish and Sancho will be gone. What then? Who can you see in the PNM camp who would make a good Minister of Sport? And bear in mind that a good Minister of Sport may not be interested in spending $25 million a year on football!

See what you fail to understand is the Minister of Sport is a managerial position of T&T Sporting affairs. You don't have to be someone popular, you dont need to be a former athlete. So when you ask "who do I see" well I see different people. Not because they never scored an own goal in a World Cup mean they are not good enough to be Minister of Sport. Talk done

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

See what you fail to understand is the Minister of Sport is a managerial position. You don't have to be someone popular, you dont need to be a former athlete. So when you ask "who do I see" well I see different people. Not because they never scored an own goal in a World Cup mean they are not good enough to be Minister of Sport. Talk done

So you support TK and his nonsense? If he has someone who is aligned to him, they will keep him in check, like what is happening now..
Giving free rein to a man like TK will take our football back into the dark ages..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
^ Contro I have been ignoring you. You should know by now you have a reputation for spilling your guts and nothing of substance come out. Who the hell is keeping Tim Kee in check NOW? eh? who? 

Another question who is keeping the bacchanalist Sancho in check eh? who? Now think before you answer for once
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:24:51 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
^ Contro I have been ignoring you. You should know by now you have a reputation for spilling your guts and nothing of substance come out. Who the hell is keeping Tim Kee in check NOW? eh? who? 

Another question who is keeping the bacchanalist Sancho in check eh? who? Now think before you answer for once

Are you sure you are not looking in the mirror?

Nothing of substance coming out? That's a joke, because many things I have suggested for our football, has come to pass, our coach being one of the many things of substance.. But this is not about me and your ignorance..

It's about TK, and the fact he can't run our football, Sancho is keeping him in check, because TK can't get away with anything, anymore, he has to answer to the public and government ... He is under the microscope and is being exposed for his incompetence on a weekly basis..

Sancho has the public to answer to, he has also been criticized on numerous occasions and knows he also has to perform but he is not the Prez of TTFA, TK is and is doing nothing to improve our football, he was forced to reform the constitution and if he didn't, he would be under the same scrutiny just like JW...

So I ask you again, if PNM wins and TK gets even more autocratic in his reign... Would your assertions be of any substance?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

but how does that help our football? will 'sponsors' then jump on board? will there then be proper accounting and accountability? It's a culture of mismanagement thats killing our football. We seem to be working on the bad product we had on the field, but the back office needs drastic help. Not to mention the RELIANCE on Gov't - PNM, UNC.. whomever!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Nothing of substance coming out? That's a joke, because many things I have suggested for our football, has come to pass, our coach being one of the many things of substance.. But this is not about me and your ignorance..

It's about TK, and the fact he can't run our football, Sancho is keeping him in check, because TK can't get away with anything, anymore, he has to answer to the public and government ... He is under the microscope and is being exposed for his incompetence on a weekly basis..

Sancho has the public to answer to, he has also been criticized on numerous occasions and knows he also has to perform but he is not the Prez of TTFA, TK is and is doing nothing to improve our football, he was forced to reform the constitution and if he didn't, he would be under the same scrutiny just like JW...

So I ask you again, if PNM wins and TK gets even more autocratic in his reign... Would your assertions be of any substance?

This is when I leave this conversation and let you continue to expose yourself. Seems like he is keeping the non- progress of our Football in check :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:12:35 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

but how does that help our football? will 'sponsors' then jump on board? will there then be proper accounting and accountability? It's a culture of mismanagement thats killing our football. We seem to be working on the bad product we had on the field, but the back office needs drastic help. Not to mention the RELIANCE on Gov't - PNM, UNC.. whomever!

Simple as a, b,c. No sponsor is going to jump on board when you have a Minister of Sport beefing with a sporting body President. So I agreed with the poster I quoted when he said nothing will change unless the PNM wins. Because only then you will most likely have two men or a man and woman (MOS and TTFF Prez) working hand in hand. 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

This is when I leave this conversation and let you continue to expose yourself  :D

yuh leave the conversation because you have no clue what the hell you're talking about...

continue your canvassing campaign and see if it gets our football anywhere...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Simple as a, b,c. No sponsor is going to jump on board when you have a Minister of Sport beefing with a sporting body President. So I agreed with the poster I quoted when he said nothing will change unless the PNM wins. Because only then you will most likely have two men or a man and woman (MOS and TTFF Prez) working hand in hand. 

you're talking rubbish, the lack of sponsorship has nothing to do with Sancho, it is all TK and the TTFA, they don't trust..

continue to fool yourself into believing the sponsors are not coming on board because of Sancho, what a farce...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

See what you fail to understand is the Minister of Sport is a managerial position of T&T Sporting affairs. You don't have to be someone popular, you dont need to be a former athlete. So when you ask "who do I see" well I see different people. Not because they never scored an own goal in a World Cup mean they are not good enough to be Minister of Sport. Talk done

Well, no, talk ain't done. So you're seeing different people who are managers, but not sportsmen or women?  Fair enough. Maybe we can get another $3 million flagpole.

What you fail to realise is that Minister of Sport is not quite a managerial position. That belongs to the P.S. who is legally responsible for spending. The Minister is like a company Chairman while the P.S. is the General Secretary. The Minister has policies he would like to see, but the P.S. will decide if they are possible. So, a "manager" would not be ideal as a Minister. You need someone with a bit of vision and someone with sporting knowledge.

For example, for the last 20 years we've been building community grounds to the same designs. (Both PNM and PP). Those designs are useless. Yet nobody bothered to look at them before work started. The Brian Lara ground in Santa Cruz is a great example. The dressing rooms were far too small. When we visited the site we couldn't believe that the builder had never even consulted an athlete. Any facility put forward by Sancho will not only be athlete driven, but also income generating.

But, yeah, let's prey we don't get another athlete (of either political party) as a Minister of Sport.

smh next thing you'll ask for a Minister of Education who can't read or a Minister of Youth and Gender who's a paedophile and hates women.

Talk done now.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SP.. sponsors will want accountability for their $$. But it easier to blame cricket.

I mentioned before.. a PNM Minister Of Sport will be even tougher on Kimmy when it comes to giving out money as a PNM gov't will want to prove to the public that they are not like the previous administration - show that they care about tax payers money.

But we fickle.. if we win a few games in qualifying.. $$ will flood een! The bandwaggonist syndrome!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Simple as a, b,c. No sponsor is going to jump on board when you have a Minister of Sport beefing with a sporting body President. So I agreed with the poster I quoted when he said nothing will change unless the PNM wins. Because only then you will most likely have two men or a man and woman (MOS and TTFF Prez) working hand in hand pocket. 

Fixed it for you!

Just a little test: How many millions of dollars has Tim-Kee brought into football since 2010? Now the same question for Sancho. And you still can't see the problem is Tim-Kee?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SP.. sponsors will want accountability for their $$. But it easier to blame cricket.

I mentioned before.. a PNM Minister Of Sport will be even tougher on Kimmy when it comes to giving out money as a PNM gov't will want to prove to the public that they are not like the previous administration - show that they care about tax payers money.

But we fickle.. if we win a few games in qualifying.. $$ will flood een! The bandwaggonist syndrome!

It's not so easy, Jumbie. Sancho was determined not to be seen as Minister of Football, yet he still gets licks for demanding accountability!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Well, no, talk ain't done. So you're seeing different people who are managers, but not sportsmen or women?  Fair enough. Maybe we can get another $3 million flagpole.

What you fail to realise is that Minister of Sport is not quite a managerial position. That belongs to the P.S. who is legally responsible for spending. The Minister is like a company Chairman while the P.S. is the General Secretary. The Minister has policies he would like to see, but the P.S. will decide if they are possible. So, a "manager" would not be ideal as a Minister. You need someone with a bit of vision and someone with sporting knowledge.

For example, for the last 20 years we've been building community grounds to the same designs. (Both PNM and PP). Those designs are useless. Yet nobody bothered to look at them before work started. The Brian Lara ground in Santa Cruz is a great example. The dressing rooms were far too small. When we visited the site we couldn't believe that the builder had never even consulted an athlete. Any facility put forward by Sancho will not only be athlete driven, but also income generating.

But, yeah, let's prey we don't get another athlete (of either political party) as a Minister of Sport.

smh next thing you'll ask for a Minister of Education who can't read or a Minister of Youth and Gender who's a paedophile and hates women.

Talk done now.

thank you FS :beermug:

Sando is a hypocrite.. hes defending his political party because he stands too gain something from supporting them.. despite the fact that TK is poison for our football...

btw i endorse a MOS who has knowledge of sport and knows what athletes want... unlike Sando, he wants a partisan stooge like TK who doesn't give a damn about our football and he proved that when he walked out the office

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Talk done now.

Listen you can defend your boy Sancho from now until Sept 7th. The Minister of Sport is a managerial position. Yes the position need someone with vision and can gain the respect of the heads of different Sporting administrations. It is clear to see Sancho has not been successful in this regard with the exception of cricket. In YOUR mind you believe the Minister of Sport has to be a former athlete. He simply does not need to be.

Yuh bringing up talk about flag pole when we just had a Sports Minister who squandered 400 million of tax payers money (LifesPort). Keep in mind he was from the Sporting fraternity.

A Minister of Sport is someone need to be willing to work with all the Sporting heads and put his own agenda aside. His policies need to be flexible and not rigid. Anyway take yuh time Sept 7th soon come
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:11:10 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Simple as a, b,c. No sponsor is going to jump on board when you have a Minister of Sport beefing with a sporting body President. So I agreed with the poster I quoted when he said nothing will change unless the PNM wins. Because only then you will most likely have two men or a man and woman (MOS and TTFF Prez) working hand in hand pocket. 

Fixed it for you!

Just a little test: How many millions of dollars has Tim-Kee brought into football since 2010? Now the same question for Sancho. And you still can't see the problem is Tim-Kee?

Sando will do like half baked (aka Bakes) and dance around that issue till he can't dance no more.. TK taking and destroying, he not giving to our football..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Contro stop chasing me around. NO ONE cares to even seriously invest time in your comments  :rotfl:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
F.S defend your padnah bachannalist 'Sankko' (like Kamla referred to him) with your last breath. What is CLEAR that he and Tim Kee is not willing to work with each other. With that being said you may not see a change for the betterment of our football until a PNM MOS comes into the fray after Sept 7th.

That is just the reality of the situation. 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Contro stop chasing me around. NO ONE cares to even seriously invest time in your comments  :rotfl:

if you don't care, then why waste the time to write this??? :D

I'm not here to canvass or make friends... I'm here to talk football and suggest ideas to help our nation... what are you doing??

canvassing for PNM, it have some men who are pro football on here first like myself.. and they listen to each others comments.. ;)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

F.S defend your padnah bachannalist 'Sankko' (like Kamla referred to him) with your last breath. What is CLEAR that he and Tim Kee is not willing to work with each other. With that being said you may not see a change for the betterment of our football until a PNM MOS comes into the fray after Sept 7th.

and if PNM don't win, then what???

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Oh I agree completely, and a PNM victory will not change the accountability. That said, honestly if the team is doing well and getting public support, sponsors won't care much about accountability as they are simply paying for marketing. When Jack was running the show, there was no accountability but there was value for money sponsoring football with full stadiums and strong merchandise support. It's no different that FIFA's big sponsors who have for years thrown money at FIFA because it's a good marketing investment.

I don't really foresee any scenario where the TTFA administration gets overhauled, becomes transparent and/or accountable. I was purely commenting on the political PR games that Sancho/Kee have been playing for the last year in the press.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

and if PNM don't win, then what???

Then it will stay the same clown.  :D Hence why I agreed with the poster who said nothing will change unless the PNM wins

1]; } ?>