March 28, 2024, 04:50:20 PM

Author Topic: Sancho vs Tim Kee the Thread.  (Read 31008 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho vs Tim Kee the Thread.
« on: March 02, 2015, 04:51:17 PM »
Sancho tackles TTFA: Tim Kee must use gate receipts to pay players
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Sport Minister Brent Sancho has made his opening gambit in the Government’s new relationship with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) by setting the football body an ultimatum in presenting its accounts for inspection as well as taking a more hands-on approach in State-funded international matches.

The most immediate test of the fledgling relationship will come on Friday March 27 when the Senior National Men’s team host Panama at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

The Sport Ministry has agreed to fund the international warm-up game, which is part of the team’s 2015 Gold Cup preparations. But there is a catch.

Sancho wants the TTFA to agree to a double-header that gives the Senior National Women’s Team an opportunity to be involved as well. And the Sport Ministry wants the football body to agree to give 50 percent of gate receipts to players and staff for match fees and stipends.

Sancho, who started all three games for Trinidad and Tobago at the Germany 2006 World Cup, told Wired868 that he was concerned about the stagnation of the “Women Warriors” who were just minutes away from a historic Canada 2015 World Cup place before a 1-0 FIFA Play Off defeat to Ecuador last December.

“I think it is a travesty to know that these girls have not kicked a ball since the Ecuador game,” said Sancho. “Some of these girls can play in the next World Cup (campaign) because of their age; and it will be a travesty if we wait until another Ecuador game to start funding this team.

“They are not training and there is no program is existence. We want to assist.”

The fledgling Sport Minister said his body will look through the list of nations that have sporting memorandum of understandings with Trinidad and Tobago and then attempt to negotiate through the relevant State bodies to get the W/Warriors a sparring partner.

Sancho said the TTFA, once it agrees, will be party to the talks. At present, the women’s friendly is described as “tentative” due to the logistics of the affair.

More eye opening is Sancho’s plan to launch a three-month long women’s professional league, which will be run by the Ministry of Sport and should kick off in May 2015.

The Sport Minister did not reveal the proposed cost for the project, which would merge with the current Women’s League Football (WOLF), or a minimum wage for players. But he estimated that it would cost between TT$500,000 to TT$700,000 a year to run a “franchise”, which is inclusive of salaries, running costs and promotions.

Unsurprisingly, there are doubts within the women’s football fraternity about the feasibility of starting a professional league in less than four months.

And the TTFA may be even less enthused with the Sport Ministry’s new insistence that it be shown match contracts for games that it subsidises. Sancho also wants the Ministry to be part of a joint operation at the gates for matches and retain half of the football body’s revenue to pay the “Soca Warriors” players and coaches.

In June 2014, the Government spent $2.1 million for an international friendly between the “Soca Warriors” and Argentina in Buenos Aires. However, at least $400,000 of taxpayers’ dollars vanished under a still unexplained line item called a “TTFA licensing fee.”

TTFA marketing officer Darren Millien was accused of improperly diverting the money although the matter is now supposedly under investigation.

And, in December 2014, the Government dipped into the Treasury again to pay the national footballers for owed match fees, which included payments for their South American tour.

Sancho believes his new proposal would help to avoid a repeat of such scandals and situations where taxpayers fund international games and pay players while the football body keeps all the profit.

“Match contracts will have to be part and parcel of our agreements,” Sancho told Wired868. “We are mindful of the fact that we are spending lots of taxpayers dollars and we have to account for it…

“We are looking into the possibility of gate sharing where half of the gates will go back to players’ stipends and coaches’ stipends and players’ match fees and coaches’ match fees.

“They haven’t said they accept it yet but it is a sponsorship agreement and this is what we want.”

The Sport Ministry and TTFA should meet again on Friday March 6 to discuss this and other relevant matters.

Notably, the gate receipts eyed by the Sport Ministry will be used to pay current players and coaches but not past ones. Sancho, who wants a joint operations between the two bodies at the gates for matches subsidised by the Government, said the TTFA must pay its own debts.

“We have heard from (TTFA general secretary Sheldon) Phillips that they have plans to come out from their debt and move things forward,” said Sancho. “We would like to see those plans (but) it is something that lies with the TTFA and they will have to figure out how to pay their debts.

“And it is not just them, there are other sporting organisations that seem to rack up debts. As the old folks say, they seem to have champagne taste with beer money and they have to stop these high living lifestyles and come to reality.

“That is the response I am looking for from organisations. They have to now live in reality and not try to live way beyond their means.”

The irony is that Sancho is one of 13 World Cup 2006 players who benefited from Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s decision to underwrite a TTFA debt to them in June 2014. The Government payment was made without prejudice to the 2006 Warriors’ case against the TTFA, which, arguably, allows the players to go on with their lawsuit against the football body.

“I have taken up a post to represent the people of Trinidad and Tobago,” said Sancho, “so I have to respect that post and recuse myself from being part and parcel of anything to do with the (2006 World Cup bonus) case.”

TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee, who is also the Port of Spain Mayor and PNM Treasurer, was a senior vice-president before, during and after the 2006 World Cup and openly derided Sancho’s stance on the dispute in the past.

Sancho admitted that the two have not met since he became Sport Minister but insisted it has not affected his relationship with the football body.

“I have met (TTFA officials) Sheldon Phillips and William Wallace but not Tim Kee,” said the Sport Minister. “He must be a busy man… I have met all the (sporting) presidents except Raymond Tim Kee but I’ve been most generous with football.

“We are working feverishly to get them that parcel of land so they can get their Goal project and we are also assisting them with both their World Cup and Cup (preparations).”

Sancho told Wired868 that he gave the TTFA a March deadline to present its accounts to the Ministry of Sport so the Government can understand the financial health of a body that essentially survives on State funds.

“We want to see their full detailed accounts,” said Sancho, “and we are aware of the funding given to them by FIFA and maybe Concacaf as well. So we expect to see that as a line item in their accounts and we want to know what they have planned for it.

“We are not going to tell them how to spend their money. That’s for sure. That is not my business. But as long as they show a certain amount of transparency and accountability, like every other sporting organisation, they will have no problem with me.”

But, due to his role in a legal financial matter against the TTFA, did Sancho feel—despite his vow to recuse himself—there was a potential conflict of interest in his access to the football body’s accounting books?

“I won’t say it is a conflict of interest,” said Sancho. “I think it just gives me a better understanding, than any other Sport Minister who sat in this chair, of accounts and financing as it relates to football because obviously that is the sport that I have come from.

“The reason we are asking for the accounts is because it is part of of our policy for all sporting bodies. So I have an obligation to the Ministry and the general public to do my job. I won’t be passing information on to anybody but I am not going to hand out funds without disclosure.”

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:24:48 AM by Flex »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho tackles TTFA: Tim Kee must use gate receipts to pay players
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 06:32:15 PM »
Sancho tackles TTFA: Tim Kee must use gate receipts to pay players
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Sancho wants the TTFA to agree to a double-header that gives the Senior National Women’s Team an opportunity to be involved as well. And the Sport Ministry wants the football body to agree to give 50 percent of gate receipts to players and staff for match fees and stipends.

----

The fledgling Sport Minister said his body will look through the list of nations that have sporting memorandum of understandings with Trinidad and Tobago and then attempt to negotiate through the relevant State bodies to get the W/Warriors a sparring partner.

Sancho said the TTFA, once it agrees, will be party to the talks. At present, the women’s friendly is described as “tentative” due to the logistics of the affair.

This is nonsense, at this rate the TTFA might as well continue on they course and ride this one out until after elections.  Everybody knows that the TTFA is in debt or trying to come out of debt, but Sancho want them to agree to give up half the gate to players?  The TTFA needs to negotiate match fees with the players and pay that match fee, end of talk.  This proposal is foolhardy for a number of reasons, not the least of which being:

a) If the match is well-attended the TTFA stands to lose revenue to over-payment, revenue which otherwise could be earmarked for development projects.

b) If the match is poorly-attended, the players/staff stand to receive fees which they might be unhappy with.

And then this bit about Sancho and the Ministry negotiating friendlies for the TTFA... and if the TTFA cooperate they "might" be invited to be part of the discussions.  The TTFA would be fools to agree to anything like that, clearly they don't need any help negotiating competition for the national teams, the issue is finding money to host matches or to otherwise arrange camps around the friendlies and transport to the host countries etc.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:21:36 PM »
Like Sancho having a problem knowing the difference between being a union leader and being a minister

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 10:01:07 PM »

Individuals in the professional league ..... can they continue
their education on scholarship abroad?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 01:52:54 AM »
What wrong with this? All yuh doh hv money to pay players. ..well pay from gate fees...problem solved. ..I don't see nothing wrong with that...nobody eh eating all De food one time...This is a step in the right direction until better can be done!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 04:35:02 AM »

Individuals in the professional league ..... can they continue
their education on scholarship abroad?

Not in USA. They can not have played professionally if they want scholarships.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 05:48:56 AM »
Thank God for Sancho we.

And he get the women team a game also or else de TTFA would just forget about them.

Good going, to much unaccountablity with the TTFA, they silent on how much they does make but quick to say who they pay.

De onlly thing is, no one goes to the games and de TTFA need gates to survive cause they have no other stuff going for them, they cant think outside the box.

So 50% of de gates will go to players and staff, that is a added bonus or towards their match fee?

Why about food, airline ticket, training cones and equimwents (I hear de TTFA dont have any) and hotel and refershments.. etc etc?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:52:30 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 06:34:35 AM »
Again that is not de role of de minister and Sancho very well know the ministry's direct involvement can lead to a FIFA ban. The question is not if this is good, it is if he can place a demand on the TTFA like that.
I like some of de ideas but this is not an advise, this is a demand. let's see what happens.       

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 07:10:53 AM »
While Brent may have good intentions, he slide tackling in tee-mah-wee. like Royal correctly pointed out, demanding that the TTFA do things his way will run into a roadblock with FIFA. This thing about gate-receipt is a double edge sword. In the days of Latapy and York, Shaka and Stern, that would be a good idea. The stadium used to be full. That will work if we consistently have a full stadium. The turn out for the women's team was great. But that was a special occasion. These days the crowds are very poor.

If he was to sit down with TTFA, and work out some kind of strategy to bring back the crowds for football games, I will go with that. What if just 500 show up for a game. 50 dollars for each player?  As Brent has been in the direct line of fire with the past TTFF, he don't trust this current TTFA that is run by Tim Kee. Plus Tim Kee is PNM and he is now UNC/PP. So allyuh figure it out from here.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 07:12:12 AM »
Interesting. You know what Sancho? You damn right. Don't give them any friggin funding unless they have a solid and viable plan to support themselves. Like meh uncle use to say "free paper bun". F%&k that.

President toontoon, what's the 411?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:16:11 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 07:31:49 AM »
is there a ruling in FIFA that will stop a government from helping the national team in getting friendlies for them?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 07:53:15 AM »
is there a ruling in FIFA that will stop a government from helping the national team in getting friendlies for them?

Fifa has no problem with the govt dishing out the money for stadiums, WC, etc. But  will not condone that they  or their affiliates do what the govt wants. That is how they work. Now Brent can sit with Tim and work some kind of plan for football. As long as the government or minister Sancho not  forcing them to do things the govt way. Friendlies or WC, it don't matter.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:20:05 AM by Deeks »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 08:20:19 AM »

This isn't help, this is an ultimatum. FIFA Statutes, Article 13, Paragraph 1(i); and Article 17, Paragraph 1. It would seem the Honorable Minister is once again forgetting which goal he is supposed to be kicking into. I suggest he and his advisor familiarize themselves with the FIFA regulations. It's something they failed to do in their capacity at Central and apparently they've yet to do so in this new ministerial capacity as well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:30:57 AM by Bakes »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 09:20:40 AM »
Yeah some of this sounding shaky

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 09:29:31 AM »
Sancho give them a reason to make sure the HCS is maxed and all will be well
Time is now for ttfa to gut up so they can stand up
Sancho sure grinding that big axe :devil:
There comes a time and that time is now
Lay it on those who want authority but avoid responsibility

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 10:20:47 AM »
And he has begun making his move lol.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 10:38:24 AM »

Or could be that Brent move is to pressure TTFA in such a way that they will resign. No businesses or very are giving them the kind of money they need,  and the govt is the last resort. Right now the govt, by extension Sancho, has the upper hand. And as WC draws closer, the pressure will be on TTFA. So if they can't get the money from private sponsors, then what. They will be called on to exit. And then people from the private sector who are aligned with Brent can now vie for TTFA positions.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:42:24 AM by Deeks »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 10:46:53 AM »

Or could be that Brent move is to pressure TTFA in such a way that they will resign. No businesses or very are giving them the kind of money they need,  and the govt is the last resort. Right now the govt, by extension Sancho, has the upper hand. And as WC draws closer, the pressure will be on TTFA. So if they can't get the money from private sponsors, then what. They will be called on to exit. And then people from the private sector who are aligned with Brent can now vie for TTFA positions.

It doh matter what the angle is, he moving towards getting this regime out and trying to take over.  As pointed out by Bakes that gate receipts idea is dumb.  We struggling with attendance in the worst way so this is likely to yield virtually nothing for the players.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »
I agree, gate receipts idea will not work.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 11:29:04 AM »
Ask The Hon. Minister... or his advisor, how much money Central FC made over the last 3 years, from gate receipts.  Ask him/them... how co-opting the role of negotiator and scheduler of international games... how that is not "government interference."  It would seem that this proposal is either a very naive move by The Hon. Minister, or a very deliberate move on his part, to bring about the suspension of the TTFA from FIFA.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 12:45:11 PM »
If govermental influence is required,which will allow us the fans to sing a happy song,then let it be,the blues is great but these times require. a different style,soca being my choice for this very moment
Sometimes you have to be pushed to seek one's own best intrest
Give the minister some preps,we know,ttfa knows and the minister knows it cannot be business as usual,so stop sitting on your hands,lets knock some great ideas around and try to effect some positive change

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 12:50:23 PM »
Ask Tim Kee how many facilities has his org built,then of those how many does his org maintain. ...

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 12:57:44 PM »
Sorry Sancho but that gate receipts ploy is utter rubbish!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 01:08:52 PM »
Give the minister some preps,we know,ttfa knows and the minister knows it cannot be business as usual,so stop sitting on your hands,lets knock some great ideas around and try to effect some positive change

As much as I want Brent to take an active part in sports and our beloved footie, lets us hope power don't go to his head and he frig-up the association relationship with FIFA. The stain of Jack Warner still on we like abeer around Pagwah.  We don't have the "special advisor" with the FIFA ATM running things. We had enough ministers and football administrators  using their mouth as cannons to intimidate. Cannons with talcum powder.  Is either he sit down with Tim Kee and come to an amicable agreement for the next couple months before elections. Because when elections in full swing next year, football will really be kick around.  2018 WC qualifying starts.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:10:23 PM by Deeks »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 01:18:13 PM »
Alyuh fella great yes. Complain about a lack of accountability and when people make moves to bring about some type of accountability alyuh start crying. WTF alyuh really want.

What just let Sancho open the Mins. Purse and say Phillips and Tim Kee come play alyuh self? Get real fellas.

How simple is this. Sancho is looking out for players and coaches, but Bakes won't see that. All he will see is Sancho trying to be vindictive to the FA and by extension he buddy.

This is how this could work;

You want money from us to undertake venture these are our stipulations:

1) Agree to give 50 percent of gate receipts to players and staff for match fees and stipends.
2) Match contracts will have to be part and parcel of our agreements

So how can this work work;

1) Accept the Ministry help by agreeing to the stipulations
              - This will cause two things to happen, accountability for monies and YOU WILL NOT OWE ANY COACHES OR PLAYERS.
              - You agree and the gate does not make money to pay the players and coaches, then you cannot pay them from gate receipts. How simple is that. To jump out with the gate does not make enough money show a lack of wanting to cooperate. You want what you wat and that's how you want it without any oversight.

2) Tell the Ministry to suck it, and handle yuh own business like people who are qualified to run an International Organization. 

I really cannot see the problem here. It's a step towards accountability and self-governance. How log Phillips and Tim Kee in charge and nothing eh change, nothing. Look the U17s playing and we cannot get a video, but the communications director of the TTFA advertising for Stern John Academy. HTF does that work. Thank God for AMWood we get an interview with the head coach before the team leave.

But Sancho is the arsehole.

Fellas get serious and grow up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 01:26:15 PM »
We hear about the money listed below as stated in this thread?
Made

2013 OSN Cup?

Argentina Match?

Iran Match?

TV rights?

2013 Gold Cup participation?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 01:33:28 PM »
Alyuh fella great yes. Complain about a lack of accountability and when people make moves to bring about some type of accountability alyuh start crying. WTF alyuh really want.

What just let Sancho open the Mins. Purse and say Phillips and Tim Kee come play alyuh self? Get real fellas.

How simple is this. Sancho is looking out for players and coaches, but Bakes won't see that. All he will see is Sancho trying to be vindictive to the FA and by extension he buddy.

This is how this could work;

You want money from us to undertake venture these are our stipulations:

1) Agree to give 50 percent of gate receipts to players and staff for match fees and stipends.
2) Match contracts will have to be part and parcel of our agreements

So how can this work work;

1) Accept the Ministry help by agreeing to the stipulations
              - This will cause two things to happen, accountability for monies and YOU WILL NOT OWE ANY COACHES OR PLAYERS.
              - You agree and the gate does not make money to pay the players and coaches, then you cannot pay them from gate receipts. How simple is that. To jump out with the gate does not make enough money show a lack of wanting to cooperate. You want what you wat and that's how you want it without any oversight.

2) Tell the Ministry to suck it, and handle yuh own business like people who are qualified to run an International Organization. 

I really cannot see the problem here. It's a step towards accountability and self-governance. How log Phillips and Tim Kee in charge and nothing eh change, nothing. Look the U17s playing and we cannot get a video, but the communications director of the TTFA advertising for Stern John Academy. HTF does that work. Thank God for AMWood we get an interview with the head coach before the team leave.

Fellas get serious and grow up.

Your head so far up yuh own ass that yuh can't make sense from nonsense.  You trying to insist that this is something personal with me and the imaginary "buddy" yuh assign mih.  Unlike you, I have ALWAYS provided substantiation for my position and concerns, and none of my concerns have to do with anything personal or with any 'buddy.'  I have no skin in this so however it play out won't make a difference to me in the end.  The fact of the matter is that FIFA is very clear about government interference in football, and while the Ministry is free to dictate whatever terms it wants as a condition of offering financial support, it cannot offer the TTFA a poisoned pill and expect them to agree to it.

The gates receipt talk is nonsense... end of story.  Attendance at local football matchs mirror the lack of support for the national programs.   This is not about accountability, because at this point Sancho is well aware that the TTFA is willing to show him the financial reports from the last several years, where he will see for himself that the FA has lost money on each of the last 3-4 friendlies it hosted.  The financial outlay associated with bringing a team, hosting them, providing security, marketing etc.... none of that can be recouped solely from gate receipts.  If he has some kind of idea for increasing attendance (something which he failed to do at his own club) then let him offer it, but as it stands this idea is fanciful foolishness.  Even worse is your solution that the FA should both offer a match fee and guarantee 50% of the gate.  On which planet?  And then people like you self will run around and complain about how no money is being spent on development or youth programs.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 01:50:08 PM »
From my knowledge of what happened.

1) The TTFA booked the Panama game and THEN asked for support.

2) The TTFA want the game played at Hasely Crawford but didn't check it's availability as it is booked for the Falcon Games on that date.

3) The TTFA have not secured a game for the women or even keep them in some kind of training regime. I speak with the ladies almost daily.

4) When the women played Ecuador it was probably the best attended international since 2005

5) I was told by my source that Sancho had met with the Colombian Ambassador and they agreed to try to work together in sport. As Colombia needs games before the women's world cup, it seemed a good idea to see if Colombia could play. The official invite would need to come from TTFA. Unlike Panama, Colombia will pay all of their own travel and accommodation expenses. The additional income generated from the women's game should help to reduce the losses from the men's game.

6) Why should the taxpayer fund a loss making game? TTFA want all expenses passed to govt but want to keep the majority of income. How can that be right?

7) If FIFA have a problem, then govt will stop "interfering" and TTFA can cover the expenses. But, maybe, Sancho is actually helping TTFA, but not wasting tax money unnecessarily in the process.

IMO, all Sancho is asking for is accountability, I am sure they will not want another $400,000 varnish again and everyone pointing fingers at the other..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »
Sancho made his first UNC platform speech last night and is now playing ball for the government.

I wonder if he is also going to give his previously neutral advisor a yellow t-shirt? :devil:

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 02:02:19 PM »

Breds, who say that about Sancho? All some of us are saying is don't fall into the same trap as some of the previous MoS. All of  us know the situation with Tim Kee and TTFA. As much as he was part of the TTFA, he was not the cause of the problems that they are in. Sancho should sit down and work out something with the man so that we can have a smooth transition with the football when this next election of TTFA comes around.  Both TTFA elections and general elections are on the horizon. We have PanAm, Olympics and preps for WC. Tim Kee have to raise some serious outside money. And the govt will in the end  be doing their part. If Tim Kee can't raise the money for the next 2 yrs, then he is liability to the association.

1]; } ?>