April 27, 2024, 01:32:20 PM

Author Topic: Sancho vs Tim Kee the Thread.  (Read 31416 times)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Contro hand pick Hart
Contro broker de deal with Obama and Iran
Contro plan the raid on Bin Laden
My cousin had AIDS and Contro cure him with positive thoughts
Contro teach Keshorn how to throw Javelin too...

Allyuh men is just hypocrites

:D :D  :D

I speak my mind FF, I don't need to lie to impress anyone... allyuh never like that, I really don't care... only one person could judge me and that is God, the rest of allyuh are jokers trying to prove something or tow the line... you lost your false prophet Bakes, which one of allyuh will replace him???

Here's a famous quote for you that will exemplify my mindset:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear....

Wait nah... Wey Bakes in truth?
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Contro hand pick Hart

I speak my mind FF, I don't need to lie to impress anyone... allyuh never like that, I really don't care... only one person could judge me and that is God, the rest of allyuh are jokers trying to prove something or tow the line... you lost your false prophet Bakes, which one of allyuh will replace him???

in exile on devil's island...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Contro hand pick Hart

in exile on devil's island...
dont you ever get tired of talking rubbish?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
“The whole thing started when we found out they got US$100,000 and didn’t tell us about it,” said Sancho. “They did a pie chart after that which said that US$33,000 was spent on match fees. But over the past six months, we paid every single match fee and stipend (for the TTFA).

“So where did that money really go?”

“I found it a bit strange that they didn’t ask for funding for the (Women’s) Under-20 Team because, over the course of this year, we have paid for every single team that left these shores barring the TTOC’s teams,” Sancho told Wired868. “We have paid 90 percent of the operation cost for all national teams, including travel, accommodation, coaches’ salaries and match fees.

“All of a sudden, despite saying they spent all the money they received from CONCACAF and the fact that the General Secretary said they only had TT$30,000 in their account just over a month ago, they found the money to send their team to St Vincent.

“How much money did they really receive from Concacaf?”

Very interesting quotes from Sancho.

Only one thing tough, $100,000 USD cant do much for all these national teams.

But obviously, the TTFA has a money hole somewhere and Tim Kee is hiding it or they just decide to cut ties with the MOS?? but something is not right with both the TTFA and MOS.

Sancho, is really a big let down.

And Tim Kee and Sheldon seems very sneaky.

I'm also interested to hear how Sancho let you down... What exactly did he do, after hearing all the facts about TTFA and TK, I don't know how one can surmise Sancho is a let down... He can't extract blood from a stone... TK has to meet him half way, if TK walking out meetings and don't want to be accountable and transparent , how can you blame Sancho?

Right now we need accountability, transparency and organization.. Words TK is running from and to be honest, we don't need political games now, we need progress with our football.. We need games to happen and prep to happen for the wcq ... Sancho and the MOS want this, But does the TTFA want this? Maybe Sheldon willing but he's being led by a false prophet..

I don't normally reply to you cause I notice your constant nag on everyone. You are like the house wife of this site.

Didn't Tim Kee say that KPMG is the keep back? Why not give them a call and asked them to send Sancho the reports faster?

Didn't he also say they send Sancho reports from 2008 to 2011?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
“The whole thing started when we found out they got US$100,000 and didn’t tell us about it,” said Sancho. “They did a pie chart after that which said that US$33,000 was spent on match fees. But over the past six months, we paid every single match fee and stipend (for the TTFA).

“So where did that money really go?”

“I found it a bit strange that they didn’t ask for funding for the (Women’s) Under-20 Team because, over the course of this year, we have paid for every single team that left these shores barring the TTOC’s teams,” Sancho told Wired868. “We have paid 90 percent of the operation cost for all national teams, including travel, accommodation, coaches’ salaries and match fees.

“All of a sudden, despite saying they spent all the money they received from CONCACAF and the fact that the General Secretary said they only had TT$30,000 in their account just over a month ago, they found the money to send their team to St Vincent.

“How much money did they really receive from Concacaf?”

Very interesting quotes from Sancho.

Only one thing tough, $100,000 USD cant do much for all these national teams.

But obviously, the TTFA has a money hole somewhere and Tim Kee is hiding it or they just decide to cut ties with the MOS?? but something is not right with both the TTFA and MOS.

Sancho, is really a big let down.

And Tim Kee and Sheldon seems very sneaky.

I'm also interested to hear how Sancho let you down... What exactly did he do, after hearing all the facts about TTFA and TK, I don't know how one can surmise Sancho is a let down... He can't extract blood from a stone... TK has to meet him half way, if TK walking out meetings and don't want to be accountable and transparent , how can you blame Sancho?

Right now we need accountability, transparency and organization.. Words TK is running from and to be honest, we don't need political games now, we need progress with our football.. We need games to happen and prep to happen for the wcq ... Sancho and the MOS want this, But does the TTFA want this? Maybe Sheldon willing but he's being led by a false prophet..

I don't normally reply to you cause I notice your constant nag on everyone. You are like the house wife of this site.

Didn't Tim Kee say that KPMG is the keep back? Why not give them a call and asked them to send Sancho the reports faster?

Didn't he also say they send Sancho reports from 2008 to 2011?

It's understandable about KPMG but what about our prep for this Gold Cup and the debacle in JA? Why did Sheldon stay and TK walk out? We have a wcq coming up and the man walks out the meeting? KJ also complained about TK and his lack of organization.

We have to look at the whole picture here.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee demands respect, not politics.
« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2015, 02:59:35 PM »
Statement from TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee
TTFA Media

An Issue Of Respect, Not Politics

While a casual observer will glance at the current conflict between myself and Minister of Sport, Brent Sancho and chalk it up as being a byproduct of a bitter political season, the real reasons behind the clash are far different from what has been offered by those who claim to know. Therefore and for the sake of our football, it is important that supporters of the national football teams and our own national program players and coaches know the reasons behind the current conflict.

The governing body of football in Trinidad and Tobago is expected to show leadership and vision in establishing a plan to advance the prospects of our national team programs, especially as our senior men’s team has emerged from an encouraging Gold Cup performance and is about to embark upon the Road To Russia 2018 World Cup campaign. Now more than ever, the TTFA has to be the entity to encourage everyone to rally around to support our national team players and coaches. The Ministry of Sport is an important partner in our overall effort to have all our national teams qualify for a FIFA tournament by 2018. However, a partnership requires mutual respect.

Upon Mr. Sancho’s appointment, a multitude of inquiries from people aware of the history between Mr. Sancho and the TTFA/TTFF began to pour in; all asking the same question; how did we feel the new minister would treat the TTFA?

I can say unequivocally, that the TTFA met Mr. Sancho’s appointment with an open mind. Within the first weeks of his appointment, meetings were held with TTFA representatives and the ministry. Presentations were made describing the past, present, and future plans of the TTFA. Pledges of information exchanges and support were made and a spirit of cooperation was established.

However, the collaborative spirit unraveled with a number of unfortunate interviews of the minister that seemed to belie the cooperative tone established in our meetings. It became clear the old conflicts between Mr. Sancho and the TTFA would not be a thing of the past and instead form the basis of his approach toward the TTFA and its national team programs.

Brent Sancho is a current litigant and still has a court matter against the TTFA. Based upon his public comments, he still has not missed a step in his aggression toward the TTFA on the old matter surrounding the 2006 socawarriors bonus action. As a result of the continuing disrespectful, personal attacks, and dishonest public comments Mr. Sancho has made about the TTFA and myself, it is prudent that the TTFA seek other avenues to try to advance our partnership with the Ministry of Sport in the best interests of Trinidad and Tobago football. My direct communication with Mr. Sancho is not a prerequisite for the ministry and TTFA to continue their collaboration.

It is this distinction, not politics, which is at the crux of the conflict with Mr. Sancho.

It is also instructive to know that as recently as a year ago, Mr. Sancho threatened to “close down football” if the remaining payments to the 2006 socawarriors did not commence. This, in spite of the fact that months after coming in to office, I made the decision to pay the 2006 players $10 million dollars after their case languished in the court for over 7 years with no significant benefit gained.

The decision to address the players’ issue was against a backdrop where the choice to declare the then TTFF bankrupt was a real consideration but one that I did not support because it would not be fair to people who gave their services and limited resources to assist football. They would have lost every cent with no recourse!

Unfortunately, Mr. Sancho and his supporters did not seem to share the view that the TTFA exhibited good faith in our efforts to settle with the players and began a series of public campaigns to undermine the TTFA and essentially damage corporate sponsorship prospects that we began to establish in an attempt to reform a heavily damaged organization that had lost the public trust and confidence during the term of the previous administrations.

It is also instructive to know I did not have problems with previous ministers. Whatever differences arose, were worked out and, actually, compliments were made publically from members of the government expressing how I approached my dealings with the government and ministry in an apolitical manner.

The reason for my stance on Mr. Sancho being stated, I would like to share the recent history to explain how and why I arrived at my current position with regard to Mr. Sancho.

I. ORIGIN OF CURRENT PUBLIC CONFLICT

1. In June I met with Mr. Sancho at Parliament to discuss the status of the cabinet note that was passed in November in order to fully support the Gold Cup preparation efforts as promised by the Prime Minister. Mr. Sancho and his staff tried to claim the cabinet note did not clearly define which team would benefit from the funds allotted; this was a disingenuous interpretation since the only team that plays in the Gold Cup is the Men’s Senior Team and was the only team the Prime Minister addressed when the cabinet note was referred to at a press conference in November after the CFU Championship.

2. Also at this meeting, Mr. Sancho said the ministry would pay our national players only 50% of their fees. I strongly objected and said the note accounted for full payment for the players’ fees and if the minister pursued such a course, the media would be told about the change and he would be regarded as the worst sports minister in history. As a former player who fought for payments and fees for himself; it was rather confusing and disappointing to witness the minister try to shortchange players who were once his teammates.

3. Mr. Sancho objected to what he viewed as a threat and said the TTFA should pay the other 50% from gate receipts. I further explained that such a proposal would actually place the players in a worse position as the TTFA usually lose money on matches played at home. He got the cabinet note and tried to ignore the provisions therein. Mr. Sancho would later describe my approach at the Parliament meeting as aggressive and referred to me as a “Raging Bull”. Aside from the political allusion, anyone who knows me will understand that I do not raise my voice and/or act in a manner that is associated with incivility or disrespect.

II. CONTACT WITH THE MINISTRY

1. Mr. Sancho has stated on several occasions that we are "biting the hands that feed us". Aside from the clearly offensive overtones, this is not a truthful statement. We feel the TTFA has a right to offer rebuttal to the spread of misinformation by the minister. Our July 11 press release was in response to several months of public statements from the ministry that were factually incorrect regarding information submitted to the ministry and funds received by the TTFA.

2. Mr. Sancho also continued to perpetuate another untruth by claiming that we have cut off communication with the ministry since our press release. In reality, the TTFA has been in touch with the ministry almost on a daily basis since the aforementioned press release, largely with the Permanent Secretary (PS) and other ministry officials. During the period since the release was sent on July 11, there were at least 10 messages between the TTFA and the ministry. Such communication included the coordination of efforts to provide account information of national team players to the ministry in order to distribute Gold Cup match fees. Surely, this could not have been accomplished had the TTFA cut off our communication to the ministry as alleged by the minister.

3. In short, the TTFA is working directly with the PS in advancing the needs and the interest of football. In our dealings with the Permanent Secretary, the business with the ministry continues and we can still move matters forward pertaining to our national teams.

III. TTFA TRANSPARENCY

1. Early in Mr. Sancho’s tenure, he threatened to withhold funding unless accounts were submitted. Having received such a threat, the TTFA invited our auditor, KPMG, to attend a meeting with the Minister that took place on May 11. It was explained by KPMG the reasons for the non-submission of audited accounts from the TTFF/TTFA since 2008. Yet, Mr. Sancho continues to raise issues about “transparency and accountability” as though the TTFA has not submitted accounts. The fact is with the continued assistance of KPMG, TTFA accounts were submitted and received by the ministry for 2008 and 2009 at the very same May 11 meeting. The accounts from 2010 and 2011 were submitted and delivered to the Minister and the former PS on May 22. Once audited statements are completed through 2014, TTFA will publish the accounts as part of our reform efforts to establish accountability and transparency.

2. In an increasingly desperate attempt to manufacture an issue of contention, Mr. Sancho has claimed funds the TTFA received from CONCACAF were not disclosed and claimed we were not being “forthright”. This despite the fact that we explained in our recent press release and via direct communication with the ministry:

a. How much we have already received from CONCACAF
b. How much we are entitled to receive from CONCACAF
c. The purpose for which the already received funds from CONCACAF were used
d. Permission from CONCACAF to use said funds for the stated purpose.

In Closing

The TTFA should not be expected to surrender dignity and endure disrespect and defamation because of our dependence on the ministry for support. The fact that Mr. Sancho has used rhetoric to describe the TTFA and other members of the public as being; “ungrateful”, provides a glimpse of someone who does not understand the position and purpose of being a Minister of Sport; which is to provide service on behalf of our taxpayers and facilitate our athletes.

According to reports from players and coaches, Mr. Sancho calls them directly to further spread misinformation about the TTFA and attempt to undermine the administration of the TTFA. Such behavior threatens to destabilize teams and unfairly place our players and coaches into the conflict when they should be only expected to focus on their preparation and matches.

My determination to lead the TTFA into a new era of good governance, accountability, and accomplishment will continue. The forward movement from where the organization was in 2012 shows that we are making significant progress and the best is yet to come. After decades of futile efforts, a new constitution was recently passed and ratified by our members and for the first time in our history all stakeholders in the game, including clubs, will have a say in the governance of football.

Our teams have shown they are a force to be reckoned with once again, and in spite of Mr. Sancho’s dismissive comments, the $6 million (USD) debt I met has been reduced to approximately $2 million (USD) through a carefully constructed approach that included our initial $1.7 million (USD) contribution to the 2006 players settlement and lobbying of the government which eventually led to the payment of the remaining $1.3 million (USD) owed to the 2006 players and $1 million (USD) in arrears owed to senior team coaches and players since 2011. It is my strong belief that the remaining TTFA debt will be eliminated in the not too distant future.

It is now up to Mr. Sancho and his allies to decide whether or not they want to be a constructive element in our efforts to make Trinidad and Tobago an internationally significant football nation. Or, conversely continue on the path that is likely to deny young footballers the same opportunities that were offered and afforded to Mr. Sancho when he was a young footballer in need. I remain hopeful that the better angels of his nature will guide his future decisions.

Creating further debate is certainly not the intent of this writing. Instead, the purpose for my words is to share information with the public so they can be both better informed and positioned to rally around our footballers who fight to represent Trinidad and Tobago in international competition.

Enlisting support for our national footballers is how I will be focusing my time, energy, and efforts, especially as we enter our Road To Russia Campaign. Now is the time to show our footballers and coaches the same level of commitment and teamwork they recently displayed on the field at the Gold Cup. Now is the time we must give our undivided and unequivocal support. Our footballers have earned that respect.

Yours In Football,
Raymond Tim Kee
President
Trinidad and Tobago Football Association

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:05:48 PM by Flex »

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee demands respect, not politics.
« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2015, 03:08:52 PM »
Good statement.

Very detailed and transparent.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 01, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »
Well said Tim Kee.

Sancho playing man for fool, he want to meet for what? and then he still not helping out?

He want to meet just to let de public know he want to meet?

De books in KPMG hands, is not like de TTFA hiding it?

Sancho is a dam backside and a half.

That is why Stern John did vex with him to for trying to squeeze money from him now he trying to make up and give Stern John a bling bilge to make him feel good.

De Men team did so well and now they not getting nothing and no government support while de CPL and de WPL getting all de support and none is Trinidad and Tobago official teams.

Sancho kissing de foreigners ass but ignoring the locals.

He saying he want to help but then he turning around and back stabbing de federation to try and make them look bad in public.

Sancho need to open he books at Central FC and give de players what he promise them.

No wonder Terry Fenwick call him ah imps.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 01, 2015, 06:16:58 PM »

Where meh boy 'Football Supporter'?  :)

Ah surprise he aint reach yet to defend his padnah Sancho

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 01, 2015, 09:12:03 PM »
There is little good here, but little by little yuh gettin info to separate d bad from the ugly....there is now a written statement on record........lehwe what comes next.a

I pity the fool....

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2015, 07:26:50 AM »
Sancho the floor is now yours,awaiting a timely response
Lay it out as it is....no tricks and sad lyrics,come clean and educate us the football public
In the court of public opinion we shall be the JUDGE

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2015, 09:48:39 AM »
So the Warriors collected 1.7 from TTFA and 1.3 from the govt. That is 3 million US?? I thought all along that the govt had paid all the rest of the money.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »
So the Warriors collected 1.7 from TTFA and 1.3 from the govt. That is 3 million US?? I thought all along that the govt had paid all the rest of the money.

The TTFA collected more money from the MOS..

I noticed TK didn't address why he walked out the meeting. Sheldon stayed behind and they outlined the budget needed for the Russia campaign.. They also discussed possible friendlies and Brazil was on the cards but was in the slot where we play Mexico, that was Brazil's only available date.. However, other proposed friendlies are being discussed..

The question is will TK be in those meetings or will he come up with another excuse not to be there..
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:03:07 AM by Controversial »

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 02, 2015, 01:39:44 PM »
"ttfa usually lose money at home games". ?? may I suggest an entrepreneur who was able to turn a profit at every home game and not lose any money?? nuts man Jumbo...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #254 on: August 02, 2015, 02:35:20 PM »
I don't know who to believe. But I'm glad TK stepped forward, it does give him some credibility.

I had no idea it was 3 million US they collected. I thought it was less.

If they stopped bringing down shit teams maybe they could make a profit at home.

Everybody from Thailand to J'ca could get quality teams to visit except the TTFA.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 02, 2015, 02:40:16 PM »
This is only going to get worse and I won't be surprised if:
1.the guys don't turn up for the games in November,
2. Hart resigns
Sancho is damn right to demand accountability but for some reason his modus operandi reeks of a personal and political vendetta. I still have to commend TK and SP for reducing that $6m US debt to $2M with little or no help.
In my opinion as much as I believe Sancho is ah imps, TK should resign and call elections ASAP. No matter which party in power de football must go on and we hadda elect someone who has no political affiliations (kinda hard to do tbh but we hadda try).
Saying that i'm sure Sancho panda Kelvin Jack will throw his hat in the ring SMFH
Either way one ah dem would be gone by September 7th and hopefully our football might be back on track
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:34:54 PM by Thomo »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 02, 2015, 06:37:27 PM »
I don't know who to believe. But I'm glad TK stepped forward, it does give him some credibility.

I had no idea it was 3 million US they collected. I thought it was less.

If they stopped bringing down shit teams maybe they could make a profit at home.

Everybody from Thailand to J'ca could get quality teams to visit except the TTFA.

VB
why is it so hard to comprehend that the people in trinidad and tobago is no longer interested in sports particularly football? VB it does not matter what team you bring down the folks in trinidad only want to bless their eyes on super stars, and if they can't see a messi ronaldino or cristiano ronaldo they will not attend. we have become a party nation as opposed to the once sporting nation we used to be. just look at when the stadium is packed with people, only when there's a buzz in which case people just tag along for the lime as opposed to going with the intent to watch an entertaining match and to show support for the team.

we had a few good games at home that attracted a very slow turn out including the game against peru where only 25 hundred people came out to watch a full strength peru vs a full strength trinidad and tobago and a full strength panama with even less of a turn out. we also played jamaica our arch rivals and the stadium was as quiet as a midnight mass in the cathedral. do you think if we got a solid team like japan, costa rica, croatia, swtizerland, belgium or columbia to play us we would even attract a half full stadium? i bet not. these people will show up for nothing less than a brazil, argentina, spain, germany, holland, england, or italy so the girls could come out to lime and talk about how cute neymar is and how much beats messi shared, is star struck we star struck.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:04:41 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 02, 2015, 06:39:39 PM »
VB we have a game coming up with la galaxy in the CCL where faces like dos santos and gerard would be on display, see how much people show up for that. i bet anything that the stadium will be empty as usual?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:08:31 PM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2015, 06:54:35 PM »
I had said all along that if Jack had given these guys at least 100 thousand each, it may have had some grumbling, but they would have had something substantial along with the 1 million Manning gave them. It may not have had this long protracted impasse, which set back our football immensely. The impasse has pushed people away from football. It appears  that we have lost what ever little of the football culture of the past that I have known.

F---k you Jack.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 02, 2015, 07:38:26 PM »
why is it so hard to comprehend that the people in trinidad and tobago is no longer interested in sports particularly football? VB it does not matter what team you bring down the folks in trinidad only want to bless their eyes on super stars, and if they can't see a messi ronaldino or cristiano ronaldo they will not attend. we have become a party nation as opposed to the once sporting nation we used to be. just look at when the stadium is packed with people, only when there's a buzz in which case people just tag along for the lime as opposed to going with the intent to watch an entertaining match and to show support for the team.

we had a few good games and home that attracted a very slow turn out including the game against peru where only 25 hundred people came out to watch a full strength peru vs a full strength trinidad and tobago and a full strength panama with even less of a turn out. we also played jamaica our arch rivals and the stadium was as quiet as a midnight mass in the cathedral. do you think if we got a solid team like japan, costa rica, croatia, swtizerland, belgium or columbia to play us we would even attract a half full stadium? i bet not. these people will show up for nothing less than a brazil, argentina, spain, germany, holland, england, or italy so the girls could come out to lime and talk about how cute neymar is and how much beats messi shared, is star struck we star struck.

explain? Are there examples of sports teams (football in this case) that visited in the past (without namely stars) which drew good attendances? Games without meaning (like do or die kinda appeal)

As long as we have a "winning" Trinbago team on display, there seems t be some level of 'fan' support. Trinbagonians are such that it's "being seen" and being part of the in-crowd. If it's cool to go see a winning Soca Warriors.. the crowds follow!

Doh sleep on the fact that though we have a small country, the people who's job it is to market the sport to the people do a terrible job. We here know more about the team and games than people at home. That MUST change for that stadium to have filled seats! The average Trinbagonian cannot name 3 people on the mens senior team - I guarantee you that!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:42:16 PM by Jumbie »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 02, 2015, 09:02:09 PM »

we had a few good games and home that attracted a very slow turn out including the game against peru where only 25 hundred people came out to watch a full strength peru vs a full strength trinidad and tobago and a full strength panama with even less of a turn out. we also played jamaica our arch rivals and the stadium was as quiet as a midnight mass in the cathedral. do you think if we got a solid team like japan, costa rica, croatia, swtizerland, belgium or columbia to play us we would even attract a half full stadium? i bet not. these people will show up for nothing less than a brazil, argentina, spain, germany, holland, england, or italy so the girls could come out to lime and talk about how cute neymar is and how much beats messi shared, is star struck we star struck.

explain? Are there examples of sports teams (football in this case) that visited in the past (without namely stars) which drew good attendances? Games without meaning (like do or die kinda appeal)

As long as we have a "winning" Trinbago team on display, there seems t be some level of 'fan' support. Trinbagonians are such that it's "being seen" and being part of the in-crowd. If it's cool to go see a winning Soca Warriors.. the crowds follow!

Doh sleep on the fact that though we have a small country, the people who's job it is to market the sport to the people do a terrible job. We here know more about the team and games than people at home. That MUST change for that stadium to have filled seats! The average Trinbagonian cannot name 3 people on the mens senior team - I guarantee you that!
i could give you many examples but i would give you one where a football team of very little significance came to play an equally insignificant friendly. i remember this specifically because hayden tinto made his debut on the national team that day and i was invited to see the game with a cousin of tinto's whom i was dating at the time. this game was played in the oval and it was packed to capacity i would say a good 20 thousand people turned out to watch this game.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 02, 2015, 09:41:52 PM »
Who was the visiting team? Be careful, you'll prove my point.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2015, 01:12:55 AM »
Who was the visiting team? Be careful, you'll prove my point.
sorry about that, i was working on a project and did not finish the post because my login window timed out and i lost track of the post, it was actually unfinished truth be told. the team in question was guadelope and we played them in the oval to a packed house, if my memory serves me right the game ended in a draw. i didn't mean to be rude when i mentioned our nation as being party oriented but this has been my observation.

i remember when i was a lad growing up in trinidad i would spend my summers in the country where i had a wonderful time playing all sorts of sports and games. very recently i visited relatives in these areas and found that kids didn't play any of those sports and games we enjoyed as children anymore. there was no kite flying, no marble pitching, top spinning, no cricket no football no table tennis, instead everyone on their gadgets or inside playing video games. you may have a point when you mentioned that sports are not being properly marketed, but that has always been the case and even worst back then, yet we had bigger turn outs for games. i think the younger generation is simply not interested in spectator sports. but and off course i could be wrong

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2015, 04:07:56 PM »
Not reading the rantings of a madman and I didn't reading his story. Erring on the side of my own expdrience. Isn't respect something that you earn and not demand? Tanty Tim, you lost me there.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2015, 04:12:24 PM »
Not reading the rantings of a madman and I didn't reading his story. Erring on the side of my own expdrience. Isn't respect something that you earn and not demand? Tanty Tim, you lost me there.

TK ego bigger than his love for Trinidad and Tobago football... He is not personable.. Not a people person by any means.. He may be a successful businessman but not a leader and visionary for our football..

He has proven that in his term... Ask TK where are all the sponsors? He's basically blaming Sancho for not having sponsors.. Which is ridiculous..

TK was a man who was in the right place at the right time.. Something like constitutional reform which should have happened decades ago under Camps is happening now because of JW and his lawsuits and worldwide scandal.. TK capitalizing on something that was already coming...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:29:27 PM by Controversial »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2015, 06:45:29 PM »

Well, why did you not read the the story?

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2015, 09:18:40 PM »

I read the headline. That was enough for me. If he had started by saying he has earned respect then, yes, I would have read his story for further information to support his claim.

Why didn't you understand my statement about respect. Let me reiterate for you. Respect is something you must earn.....dictators demand it. You cannot demand respect and receive it without the barrel of a gun. I neither have the time nor respect for someone who demands it and then try to support that demand with the ravings of a madman.

What are you? His supporting cast?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:24:49 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2015, 10:06:48 PM »

I read the headline. That was enough for me. If he had started by saying he has earned respect then, yes, I would have read his story for further information to support his claim.

Why didn't you understand my statement about respect. Let me reiterate for you. Respect is something you must earn.....dictators demand it. You cannot demand respect and receive it without the barrel of a gun. I neither have the time nor respect for someone who demands it and then try to support that demand with the ravings of a madman.

What are you? His supporting cast?

TK is a narcissist and I said this from the beginning and it is coming to pass, once more..

Ah fed call out these people that in the TTFA.... And it almost always falls on deaf ears in this forum..

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2015, 05:38:10 AM »
I had said all along that if Jack had given these guys at least 100 thousand each, it may have had some grumbling, but they would have had something substantial along with the 1 million Manning gave them. It may not have had this long protracted impasse, which set back our football immensely. The impasse has pushed people away from football. It appears  that we have lost what ever little of the football culture of the past that I have known.

F---k you Jack.

Deeks, I know for a fact that if Jack told them they had a TT$50k bonus, they would have grumbled a little, but once they knew they were getting a bonus from the Govt, they would have been ok. They had no idea how much sponsorship came in, but they did know that they were treated well in the preparation. It was because of their feelings of sheer disrespect by Jack that they pursued the bonus case. Remember, it was the information I requested you guys on the forum to supply that finally told the true story about income. Up to then, they had no idea.
But I remember clearly the first time I met with Ian Cox, Sancho and Kelvin Jack and they told me they had been offered less than TT$5,000 each. Of course, I had no idea how much that was in sterling so I looked at them dumbly and said "Ok, is that a lot?' When they said less than 500 pounds for playing in a world cup, I was gobsmacked!!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2015, 05:47:26 AM »
Well said Tim Kee.

Sancho playing man for fool, he want to meet for what? and then he still not helping out?

He want to meet just to let de public know he want to meet?

De books in KPMG hands, is not like de TTFA hiding it?

Sancho is a dam backside and a half.

That is why Stern John did vex with him to for trying to squeeze money from him now he trying to make up and give Stern John a bling bilge to make him feel good.

De Men team did so well and now they not getting nothing and no government support while de CPL and de WPL getting all de support and none is Trinidad and Tobago official teams.

Sancho kissing de foreigners ass but ignoring the locals.

He saying he want to help but then he turning around and back stabbing de federation to try and make them look bad in public.

Sancho need to open he books at Central FC and give de players what he promise them.

No wonder Terry Fenwick call him ah imps.

Sam, you amaze me sometimes! Are you really so gullible? Look at this one sentence: The governing body of football in Trinidad and Tobago is expected to show leadership and vision in establishing a plan to advance the prospects of our national team programs, especially as our senior men’s team has emerged from an encouraging Gold Cup performance and is about to embark upon the Road To Russia 2018 World Cup campaign.

Can you not see the hypocrisy in that statement? Explain exactly what leadership and planning Tim-Kee put into place? What sponsors are on board? Their biggest expense is match fees, so how can they reduce those? Who will foot the bill for warm up games? How much do they receive from FIFA for playing in the World Cup qualifiers?

RTK: "Right Sheldon, here's the plan: We have a cabinet note sitting there so we don't need to raise a single dollar for Gold Cup, plus that sucker Sancho will pay all of our flights while we keep all of the Gold Cup travel allowance and prize money. Offer the players whatever you want in match fees, coz Sancho won't let his pals go without. Plus, it's election year so I'll just keep running to the papers so he'll have to back down. What's that, Sheldon? Sponsors? Nah boy, doh waste yuh time on dat. Sheldon, why are you wasting time on planning for 2018? Just send the bills to the Ministry. It will be our guys in power by then so we'll get everything we want and we can keep the FIFA money to pay for a new website."

1]; } ?>