March 29, 2024, 02:44:11 AM

Author Topic: TT Women’s Premier League (WPL) Thread.  (Read 20355 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: TT Women’s Premier League (WPL) Thread.
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2015, 06:31:41 AM »
All transparent and above board here..............Life Sport v2.0 build 1, anyways, benefit of the doubt but still.........sigh :( >:(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:35:10 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2015, 08:05:10 AM »
Good idea, bad execution
By Ian Prescott (Express).

WPL secrets

Government funds to the tune of $1.7-million have already been committed to a hastily arranged Women Premier League (WPL). But just try getting any information about the new professional female football competition, carded to begin soon. Everything about the WPL is seemingly a secret.

The free of charge six-team WPL tournament is due to kick off on Thursday, with a double header at the St James Police Barracks. Yet, there were no named teams named until last Friday, when a draft was announced. Even then, only just two marquee players were named per team.

Players like T&T’s Arin King, Kennya Cordner and Ahkeela Mollon, Jamaicans Jodi McGregor and Shakira Duncan were announced as marquee players, but no one knew the other players comprising each team. No one has seen a match fixture, and even when the teams are finally organised, it gives them but a few days to prepare for what is supposed to be a professional competition. Even teams from the amateur Women League Football (WoLF) competition take a few months to prepare.

The only confirmed WPL Board members are two employees of the Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago and the acting permanent secretary in the Ministry of Sport. So, should the Sport Ministry be promoters of football, as in the case of WPL, or remain facilitators of sport, while leaving promotion to the traditional sporting bodies?

Minister of Sport Brent Sancho is not a Board member, but has taken credit for its creation. It begs the question, should the Sport Ministry be “pushing” a women’s league of which its employees are the Board, and the Sport Minister is its intellectual creator?

And, is there a conflict of interest, given that both (Sport Minister) Sancho and his “special adviser” and business partner, Englishman Kevin Harrison, who have close association with Central FC, which has a women’s football team.

Central FC’s website still list Minister Sancho as managing director, and Harrison as operations manager -– not that either are contractually linked with the WPL.

WPL may turn out to be a great opportunity for local women footballers to play a higher standard of the game. But it all seem rushed.

The WPL has been shrouded in the same secrecy indicative of the infamous and now stagnanted Life Sport programme in its early days. No one, it seems, knew what the new WPL was about, or who are really behind it. At least, no one is willing to talk.

The one thing for sure is that they have a gmail address: info.wpltt@gmail.com.

Since announcing the competition, Minister Sancho is most times unreachable. Most communication comes from Natasha Nunez, who denies that she is the voice of the WPL.

“I am the public relations officer of the Sports Company, but because some of the principals of the WPL work at the Sports Company, I am assisting in some regard,” said Nunez, who pledged to e-mail some information in the composition of the Board and the impending competition.

Two dates later, and after another request, Nunez provided the Board members in a brief text: “The Board of Directors of the registered non-profit organisation Womens Premier League Trinidad and Tobago are: Camara David, Kairon Serrette, Richard Oliver, and one representative each of the TTFA and WoLF, who are to be confirmed later this month,” Nunez’s text stated.

Telephone enquiries to Oliver, acting deputy secretary in the Ministry of Sport, never got past his secretary, who said he was in a conference call with the Minister. “He said you could speak to Kairon (Serrette) or Kamara (David) at the Sport Company for further information,” she said.

Several calls to David and Serrette at the Sport Company went unanswered, the last response from the operator at the Sports Company 623-1954) being: “I transferred the call, but he (Kairon Serrette) was not at his desk.

So the rushed, disorganised, WPL appears destined to get off the ground. But, will it be only a one-hit wonder, should its “creator” not be in a position of influence after the September 7 general election.

Hahahahah. !!!!!

Prescott, yuh best one yet.

TTFA, MOS, whats the difference?

A bunch of dummies trying to create a league and they hire Maylee, a next jack in the box.

Nothing could get done right in T&T.

Another waste of money.

Sancho in senate and conference call 10 days now, he real committed I must say.

Can't wait for PNM to win election boy.

Sancho will have to crawl back in he box and ah hope Tim Kee put it on him then, no subvention for Central FC, allyuh to dam bad mind.

Imagine, if Tim Kee lost TTFA election and Sancho become de new TTFA president but then PNM win election, boy, that go be pressure.

T&T football will suffer because of ALLLLLLL of these bad minded individuals.

They can't do nothing right.

They give a bunch of baboons to run we football and country.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2015, 08:33:13 AM »
but sam, tim kee have issues too, I take a turn in FS and dem arse for what going on with d teams preparing now and d naked politics playin off every time it have ah major tourney or friendly is bullshit, but he can't attract a single local sponsor, not withstanding d naked politics\bigotry ......if what bakes said of an NGC sponsorship meeting is true,

den yuh count d countless gaffes and downright startling instances of incompetence

so in my view Tim Kee v Brent Sancho is d dark side side of Hubris v the dark side of ambition.

all I seeing is shit from both sides   
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2015, 08:39:28 AM »
but sam, tim kee have issues too, I take a turn in FS and dem arse for what going on with d teams preparing now and d naked politics playin off every time it have ah major tourney or friendly is bullshit, but he can't attract a single local sponsor, not withstanding d naked politics\bigotry ......if what bakes said of an NGC sponsorship meeting is true,

den yuh count d countless gaffes and downright startling instances of incompetence

so in my view Tim Kee v Brent Sancho is d dark side side of Hubris v the dark side of ambition.

all I seeing is shit from both sides   

Hahahahah. !!!!!

Prescott, yuh best one yet.

TTFA, MOS, whats the difference?

A bunch of dummies trying to create a league and they hire Maylee, a next jack in the box.

Nothing could get done right in T&T.

Another waste of money.

Sancho in senate and conference call 10 days now, he real committed I must say.

Can't wait for PNM to win election boy.

Sancho will have to crawl back in he box and ah hope Tim Kee put it on him then, no subvention for Central FC, allyuh to dam bad mind.

Imagine, if Tim Kee lost TTFA election and Sancho become de new TTFA president but then PNM win election, boy, that go be pressure.

T&T football will suffer because of ALLLLLLL of these bad minded individuals.

They can't do nothing right.

They give a bunch of baboons to run we football and country.

ALL OF THEM

You right lefty.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2015, 09:10:09 AM »

Why are you being disrespectful to Maylee. She is not involved with the WPL unless you know something we don't know. So if you  know something we all don't then please enlighten us. She has done nothing but serve her country for years and fight for the improvement of Women's football in this country.

These young ladies read this forum and take it personally when they are being trashed for absolutely no reason. We understand you all are passionate about ensuring everything regarding Football is done the "right" way in this Trinidad. We are not the English FA or the USSF however the ball is rolling. If you all spent more time worrying about personality conflicts rather than focusing on the positive then we would be so much further ahead. If your not happy then get involved and run for a position with-in that will affect change rather than trashing those who have bled Red , White & Black for years.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2015, 03:13:58 PM »
Now the WPL coaches are trying to poach WoLF players because the WPL didn’t properly plan and are short of players and I also just heard that local players haven’t been paid. Only the the foreign and national team players have received money.

I’m going to verify to see whether that’s true or not. But the ministry is way over its head. The have Maylee as both a player and administrator and Tasha St. Louis was threatening to pull out of the league because she wasn’t originally one of the national team players featured in the draft. It is a hot mess!

I am calling around to get some confirmation. But when I call the WPL they saying everything it on schedule and running just find.

I've had the same luck as Ian Prescott, a lot of unanswered calls.

As I said, my info is not 100%.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2015, 03:41:42 PM »
Now the WPL coaches are trying to poach WoLF players because the WPL didn’t properly plan and are short of players and I also just heard that local players haven’t been paid. Only the the foreign and national team players have received money.

I’m going to verify to see whether that’s true or not. But the ministry is way over its head. The have Maylee as both a player and administrator and Tasha St. Louis was threatening to pull out of the league because she wasn’t originally one of the national team players featured in the draft. It is a hot mess!

I am calling around to get some confirmation. But when I call the WPL they saying everything it on schedule and running just find.

I can't say whether your info is correct or not, but as I understand it, WoLF players were always supposed to be part of the WPL. I believe WoLF adjusted their season accordingly. In fact, the original concept was to have a WPL team partner with a WoLF team. One WPL game per week was supposed to be played in the communities as a double header with a WoLF game. I am not involved in a day to day basis, but these were part of the original concept.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2015, 04:27:47 PM »

I can't say whether your info is correct or not, but as I understand it, WoLF players were always supposed to be part of the WPL. I believe WoLF adjusted their season accordingly. In fact, the original concept was to have a WPL team partner with a WoLF team. One WPL game per week was supposed to be played in the communities as a double header with a WoLF game. I am not involved in a day to day basis, but these were part of the original concept.

Why are you not involved on a day to day basis? Or is this merely a sophisticated way of claiming plausible deniability or distancing yourself from any mud up?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2015, 07:01:45 PM »

Why are you not involved on a day to day basis? Or is this merely a sophisticated way of claiming plausible deniability or distancing yourself from any mud up?

Running a tournament like this requires people who can focus 100% on the task. Look at how people criticise Pro League, Super League etc. And they don't have to start from scratch, look after foreign players, prepare venues etc.

Today I had a 90 minute meeting with Hockey around 8 a.m. and a 90 minute meeting with TTFA. I also spent the time in between trying to book flights for the National Jump Rope team (yes, they fall under the Ministry too and have 3,000 active participants) who are going to the World Championships in Paris. (Last year they won two bronze and a silver medal). Aside from that I had various people to deal with from martial arts to athletics, plus meeting with the PS and Minister. I brought KFC for lunch at 2.30 pm but threw most of it away around 5.30!

I spoke to the group managing the WPL around 5pm about some community stuff I'd like to do.

I reached home around 7pm and had to empty 8 buckets of water from my house after today's rain! Then I had some messages to respond to regarding Central F.C.

Now I'm going to have dinner!!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2015, 08:45:13 PM »

FS,
seems like wherever you are you are severely understaffed. Keep up the good work as best as you can

Unfortunate that we treat sport in such a disorganised manner but expect exceptional results.

The WPL league is a nice idea but it's rushed nature had badly affected the WOLF league.
the 2-round league has now suddenly been switched to one round.----so basically a preseason preparing for 10-12 league games has now turned into a 5-6 game league
it has been extremely disappointing
I wish the WPL the best but it is operating in a haphazard manner and poorly marketed at this moment.
No fixtures.
No player roster yet????

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2015, 01:48:29 AM »
Who established the structure for the oversight and management of the WPL? What is the WPL's hierarchy of accountability?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2015, 04:26:54 AM »

FS,
seems like wherever you are you are severely understaffed. Keep up the good work as best as you can

Unfortunate that we treat sport in such a disorganised manner but expect exceptional results.

The WPL league is a nice idea but it's rushed nature had badly affected the WOLF league.
the 2-round league has now suddenly been switched to one round.----so basically a preseason preparing for 10-12 league games has now turned into a 5-6 game league
it has been extremely disappointing
I wish the WPL the best but it is operating in a haphazard manner and poorly marketed at this moment.
No fixtures.
No player roster yet????

This season's WPL was always going to be a pilot because of the timescale as well as the timing of the Pan Am games and Olympic qualifiers. As mentioned before, the Minister didn't come into office until February so he had 3 months to make it happen. I'm sure if he could have been hands on from day one, things would have been smoother. He had to utilize staff who had never created (or even worked in) a football tournament like this. There were many hurdles to overcome, so expected, some unforeseen, and it has to be said that WoLF were far from supportive initially.

The Minister had always been involved with projects at North East and Central at every stage. We would have to do everything ourselves right down to putting up banners and laying out tables and chairs. Clearly, he could not be as involved with this project and had to delegate many tasks. Also, previously, our projects usually received positive or no publicity during the development stage. This was done in the full glare of political criticism, so any "hiccups" were blown out of proportion.

As a pilot project we have learned a lot. Of course, things could have been done better. But I am convinced the WPL will be a good product and serve it's aim, which was to help prepare the senior team for Pan Am.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2015, 05:46:19 AM »

Sancho looking for name and fame.

The same money could have been given to the TTFA to prepare the women's team instead of wasting it on all these mediocre foreign players.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2015, 05:51:08 AM »

The same money could have been given to the TTFA to prepare the women's team instead of wasting it on all these mediocre foreign players.

If TTFA could secure games, how many overseas trips do you feel you would get for 1.7 million? And that money would not help develop the womens game in T&T. No new corporate money attracted, no ongoing build up of local supporters or girls attracted to the sport. We're trying something different. Not everyone will agree, but doing the same thing year after year will not achieve different results. The womens game is woefully underfunded and playing a friendly vs Grenada or St Lucia won't change that.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2015, 05:58:08 AM »

If TTFA could secure games, how many overseas trips do you feel you would get for 1.7 million? And that money would not help develop the womens game in T&T. No new corporate money attracted, no ongoing build up of local supporters or girls attracted to the sport. We're trying something different. Not everyone will agree, but doing the same thing year after year will not achieve different results. The womens game is woefully underfunded and playing a friendly vs Grenada or St Lucia won't change that.

Why does it have to be overseas?

And didn't you say the WPL is costing more that 1.7 million?

Make up your lies mind.

That same underfunded and unprepared team took us within a point of qualifying for the world cup before Sancho got here and thanks to the former MOS who eventually helped out.

The MOS should help football more but they are taking this personal.

The T&T senior men's need help.

So Sancho want to prepare our women's team for the Pan American tournament but yet he's ignoring the men's Pan American team.

Why all of a sudden all the interest in women's football and not mens?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2015, 06:22:18 AM »

Make up your lies mind.

That same underfunded and unprepared team took us within a point of qualifying for the world cup before Sancho got here and thanks to the former MOS who eventually helped out.

So Sancho want to prepare our women's team for the Pan American tournament but yet he's ignoring the men's Pan American team.

Your just throwing make believe soundbites. It would still cost money to host games here. Most federations would not have funds to pay for their teams to travel, and those that do are either playing in the world cup or have games already booked. Remember: February and nothing planned?

You specifically stated that  " The same money could have been given to the TTFA"  The additional funding is coming from sponsors who, at this time, do not appear to be motivated to invest in TTFA.

Why do you keep thinking this is personal. I can't seem to make you understand that you have a football friendly Minister of Sport. But that doesn't mean the coffers are overflowing: They're not. The men's team is being funded as requested by TTFA. If you want to believe the crap that's being put out for political purposes, more fool you. It's frightening that you have a vote and will base that vote on gossip and  :bs:  Where is the SMT? In Jordan. How did they get there? The U23's go into camp today and leave for Grenada at the weekend. How was that paid for? The SMT are going into camp in Miami and then have 3 GC group games. How will that be funded? Arrears going back to 2012 have been paid. How?

Wake up and smell the coffee.   

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2015, 07:04:38 AM »

Make up your lies mind.

Your just throwing make believe soundbites. It would still cost money to host games here. Most federations would not have funds to pay for their teams to travel, and those that do are either playing in the world cup or have games already booked. Remember: February and nothing planned?

You specifically stated that  " The same money could have been given to the TTFA"  The additional funding is coming from sponsors who, at this time, do not appear to be motivated to invest in TTFA.

Why do you keep thinking this is personal. I can't seem to make you understand that you have a football friendly Minister of Sport. But that doesn't mean the coffers are overflowing: They're not. The men's team is being funded as requested by TTFA. If you want to believe the crap that's being put out for political purposes, more fool you. It's frightening that you have a vote and will base that vote on gossip and  :bs:  Where is the SMT? In Jordan. How did they get there? The U23's go into camp today and leave for Grenada at the weekend. How was that paid for? The SMT are going into camp in Miami and then have 3 GC group games. How will that be funded? Arrears going back to 2012 have been paid. How?

FS, I appreciate the feedback and update.

Our former MOS Griffith and the cabinet approved that money a long time ago, yu making it sound like Sancho did all this?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2015, 08:49:43 AM »

Make up your lies mind.

FS, I appreciate the feedback and update.

Our former MOS Griffith and the cabinet approved that money a long time ago, yu making it sound like Sancho did all this?

Sancho did not have involvement in the creation of the cabinet note. However, he's getting all of the flak for it! What he did do is ensure that the conditions concerning accounts was addressed.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2015, 09:08:34 AM »
Please address Reply #56.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2015, 09:30:55 AM »
Sancho did not have involvement in the creation of the cabinet note. However, he's getting all of the flak for it! What he did do is ensure that the conditions concerning accounts was addressed.

I hope he does the same for all other entities including all those Stadiums he is fixing, like the Brian Lara Stadium.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2015, 02:29:54 PM »
Who established the structure for the oversight and management of the WPL? What is the WPL's hierarchy of accountability?

Football supporter, your silence on these two questions is deafening.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2015, 02:44:58 PM »

Yeah, I kinda have work to do, so sorry if I don't jump immediately!  In fact I don't even understand your question. Sancho conceived it, put together a working group to create it, which formed a board to manage it, which appointed staff, coaches and players. As with anything in the Ministry, the bucks stops with the Minister.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2015, 03:13:47 PM »

A very good question.  As far as I could guess it's down to his friendship with Maylee, as well as his desire to establish a legacy for himself.

Why do you keep thinking this is personal. I can't seem to make you understand that you have a football friendly Minister of Sport. But that doesn't mean the coffers are overflowing: They're not. The men's team is being funded as requested by TTFA. If you want to believe the crap that's being put out for political purposes, more fool you. It's frightening that you have a vote and will base that vote on gossip and  :bs: 

Why does the Ministry see it as its direct responsibility to step into an area of responsibility of the TTFA and essentially supercede the organization's authority by setting up an expensive, rushed, and ill-conceived "league" which competes with the already established WoLF league, while offering equal if not inferior benefits?

What "crap" is being put out for political purposes? What is the "gossip" and " :bs: " that you refer to? Do you believe "The Minister" has been entirely apolitical in his dealings with the TTFA?

Sancho isn't getting any flak for the Cabinet note, that's a poorly disguised bit of sophistry on your part.  Sancho is getting flak for holding up the promised payments unnecessarily... "unnecessarily" because the agreement did not put any conditions on the payment.  This will never go to court because I'm sure the TTFA isn't interested in litigation, but if they did, the MoS would not only lose, but lose handily and probably be forced to pay punitive damages.  No exaggeration.  When it comes to contracts/agreements, words matter... you can't ignore words where inconvenient, nor insert them where convenient.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »

Yeah, I kinda have work to do, so sorry if I don't jump immediately!  In fact I don't even understand your question. Sancho conceived it, put together a working group to create it, which formed a board to manage it, which appointed staff, coaches and players. As with anything in the Ministry, the bucks stops with the Minister.

FS, behave yuhself! "Immediately" is a period of thirteen (13) hours since the questions were posed. During that time, on this thread alone, you posted four (4) responses, a couple of them going on at length in repetition. In fact, one of your responses is positioned 'immediately' below my post. There's no way you did not see the questions.

Moreover, during the thirteen (13) hours, you have been logged in at the same time I have been logged in at least three or four times, and yet you were ABSOLUTELY silent. On top of that, this is the third occasion that I raised the issue on this thread, but yet you persisted in silence until I mentioned your name specifically ... although you are the ONLY poster identifiably in a position to respond to the questions asked. Did you really need an invitation to respond? No. You were ducking the question. I am not a fan of bullshit, and I recognise that you are trafficking in bullshit. Disappointing!

From a preceding post you made, I got that you were "busy". I plan to address that separately.

The questions I posed stand at the centre of an issue raised in this thread (and other threads) and yet you have disingenuously chosen to skirt them and unartfully so.

HOWEVER, before I get to the meat of the matter, let me quote this relevant excerpt:

WPL’s international players are here; but clubs not finalised.
By Lasana Liburd (wired868).

Sancho could not say exactly who was responsible for the selection of players or the composition of the WPL organising committee, which he said he does not sit on.

“I don’t know exactly who made the selection and I can’t remember everyone on the board,” he said. “I know the process rather than names. I know that Jinelle James, Keron Serrette and the Permanent Secretary (Richard Oliver) are there…

“I can’t be on the board. I just get updates from time to time.”

Wired868 tried, unsuccessfully, to reach Keron Serrette and James for comment.

Both you and Minister Sancho seem to have difficulty in providing a straight answer on this subject.

You feign difficulty in not understanding my question, yet mysteriously you grasped enough of it to render related NON-SPECIFICS. You also unsurprisingly omit where you fit into the hierarchy and your role in generating the WPL. Seemingly as advisor to the Minister, no bucks stop with you? ... But there's time, more on that later. I will treat that separately.

Unlike other posters here, I am not per se antagonistic to the WPL. HOWEVER, I am antagonistic to an insulting and disrespectful lack of transparency and responsiveness as demonstrated by those in the know on the WPL, of which you are prominently one of that number. As a matter firmly placed in the public interest due to the prominence of the MoS in its genesis, you have shown a stark and selective disregard to the same public interest.

Stop the nonsense. My questions still stand. What is the hierarchy of accountability? Where do you fit in the hierarchy of accountability despite facetiously "not being involved day to day"? Studiously you seem reticent on mentioning SPORTT. How does SPORTT fit into the picture? Who was on the working group? Who is on the board? Don't take the forum for fools. Retrieve your credibility. Answer the bloody questions without the almshouse bullshit.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:12:55 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2015, 07:02:55 PM »
(WPL Teams)

Angels: Maylee Attin-Johnson, Ayanna Russell, Anique Walker, Tkeyah Phillip, Temar Watson, Peta-Gaye Soman, Rafaela De Vargas (all Trinidad and Tobago), Tynetta McKoy (St Kitts and Nevis), Beth Seasman, Jodie Redgrave (both United Kingdom), Bruno Da Silva, Hilda Izquierda (both Brazil), Jaclyn Poucel (USA), Alyssa Budhoo (Canada), Kandace Franklin (St Vincent and the Grenadines), Jodi-Ann McGregor (Jamaica).

Head coach: Anthony Creece (T&T), Assistant coach: Janelle Noel (T&T).

Rush: Ahkeela Mollon, Rhea Belgrave, Janine Francois, Mariah Shade, Annalis Cummings, Sharice Arthur, Afeisha Mohammed, Tamika Isaac, Janelle McGee, Adeka Spence (all Trinidad and Tobago), Bruna Marchiowatti, Priscilla Selau, Joyce Mattos (all Brazil), Emily Marie Cota (US Virgin Islands).

Head coach: Marlon Charles (T&T), Assistant coach: Ademir Braz  De Oliveira (Brazil).

Wave FC: Kennya Cordner, Kimika Forbes, Verlea Duprey, Jenelle Cunningham, Samantha Kissoon, Tisha Lee Spicer, Patrice Vincent, Charissa Delzin (all Trinidad and Tobago), Shakira Duncan (Jamaica), Shanice Stephenson (Barbados), Josean Azevedo, Camilla Germano (both Brazil), Emarie Holland (USA), Laura Becerra (Colombia).

Head coach: Derek Arneaud (T&T), Assistant coach: Allistair Ramdoo (T&T).

Dragons: Arin King, Lauryn Hutchinson, Kadeem Jordan, Shanicar Diamond, Dernelle Mascall, Ashley Mark, Stavey Paul, Alania Burgin (all Trinidad and Tobago), Thais Amorina, Rafaela Silva, Marissol Moreira, Quezia Brunatti Proenca (all Brazil), Maleike Pacheco (Venezuela), Annabella Arevaloz (Paraguay), Jessica Adams (US Virgin Islands), Isabella Hayes (UK).

Head coach: Karla Aleman (Costa Rica); Assistant coach: Joanne Daniel (UK).

Fuego: Tasha St Louis, Patrice Superville, Diamond Henderson, Anastacia Prescott, Jamila Mathlin, Denisha Thomas, Bernelle Shears, Nickisha James, Jo Marie Lewis, Shanelle Warrick (all Trinidad and Tobago), Christina Murray, Tanesia Vassell (both Jamaica), Leticia Bussato, Camila Demezio (both Brazil), Ermelindo Izquierda (Paraguay), Zaudita Kaza-Amalak (US Virgin Islands).

Head coach: Richard Hood (T&T); Assistant coach: Joel Warrick (T&T).

WPL Fixtures

(June 18)

Dragons vs Fuego, 5 pm, St James Barracks;

Wave FC vs Angels, 7 pm, St James Barracks;

(June 24)

Oilers vs Rush, 5 pm, Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2015, 07:03:34 PM »
Would have been nice to see the national Under 20 women included asa team and make it and even 6 teams.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2015, 09:11:07 PM »

FS, behave yuhself! "Immediately" is a period of thirteen (13) hours since the questions were posed. During that time, on this thread alone, you posted four (4) responses, a couple of them going on at length in repetition. In fact, one of your responses is positioned 'immediately' below my post. There's no way you did not see the questions.

Moreover, during the thirteen (13) hours, you have been logged in at the same time I have been logged in at least three or four times, and yet you were ABSOLUTELY silent. On top of that, this is the third occasion that I raised the issue on this thread, but yet you persisted in silence until I mentioned your name specifically ... although you are the ONLY poster identifiably in a position to respond to the questions asked. Did you really need an invitation to respond? No. You were ducking the question. I am not a fan of bullshit, and I recognise that you are trafficking in bullshit. Disappointing!

From a preceding post you made, I got that you were "busy". I plan to address that separately.

The questions I posed stand at the centre of an issue raised in this thread (and other threads) and yet you have disingenuously chosen to skirt them and unartfully so.

HOWEVER, before I get to the meat of the matter, let me quote this relevant excerpt:

WPL’s international players are here; but clubs not finalised.
By Lasana Liburd (wired868).

Sancho could not say exactly who was responsible for the selection of players or the composition of the WPL organising committee, which he said he does not sit on.

“I don’t know exactly who made the selection and I can’t remember everyone on the board,” he said. “I know the process rather than names. I know that Jinelle James, Keron Serrette and the Permanent Secretary (Richard Oliver) are there…

“I can’t be on the board. I just get updates from time to time.”

Wired868 tried, unsuccessfully, to reach Keron Serrette and James for comment.

Both you and Minister Sancho seem to have difficulty in providing a straight answer on this subject.

You feign difficulty in not understanding my question, yet mysteriously you grasped enough of it to render related NON-SPECIFICS. You also unsurprisingly omit where you fit into the hierarchy and your role in generating the WPL. Seemingly as advisor to the Minister, no bucks stop with you? ... But there's time, more on that later. I will treat that separately.

Unlike other posters here, I am not per se antagonistic to the WPL. HOWEVER, I am antagonistic to an insulting and disrespectful lack of transparency and responsiveness as demonstrated by those in the know on the WPL, of which you are prominently one of that number. As a matter firmly placed in the public interest due to the prominence of the MoS in its genesis, you have shown a stark and selective disregard to the same public interest.

Stop the nonsense. My questions still stand. What is the hierarchy of accountability? Where do you fit in the hierarchy of accountability despite facetiously "not being involved day to day"? Studiously you seem reticent on mentioning SPORTT. How does SPORTT fit into the picture? Who was on the working group? Who is on the board? Don't take the forum for fools. Retrieve your credibility. Answer the bloody questions without the almshouse bullshit.

Two things: First, posting on this site is not my job. I do it when and if I feel like it. I am usually logged on from morning til night as I still find it a great way of keeping in touch with T&T football and the thoughts of the supporters. I don't have to answer questions, I choose to when it suits me and if I feel I can pass on helpful information, insights or just want to air my opinion. I am not a spokesperson for WPL.
Second, the Ministry of Sport has several ongoing projects of which WPL is just one. It would be impractical and foolhardy to expect the Minister or myself to be hands on with all of them. The Minister approves (or even, devises) projects and they are delegated to working groups. I was not even aware of the kick off times for Thursdays games until a meeting this afternoon.

My role has been as...guess what? an adviser. I have passed on information to the working group/board when requested and have helped where I can, but I have no attributed position in WPL.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2015, 09:36:44 PM »
Two things: First, posting on this site is not my job. I do it when and if I feel like it. I am usually logged on from morning til night as I still find it a great way of keeping in touch with T&T football and the thoughts of the supporters. I don't have to answer questions, I choose to when it suits me and if I feel I can pass on helpful information, insights or just want to air my opinion. I am not a spokesperson for WPL.
Second, the Ministry of Sport has several ongoing projects of which WPL is just one. It would be impractical and foolhardy to expect the Minister or myself to be hands on with all of them. The Minister approves (or even, devises) projects and they are delegated to working groups. I was not even aware of the kick off times for Thursdays games until a meeting this afternoon.

My role has been as...guess what? an adviser. I have passed on information to the working group/board when requested and have helped where I can, but I have no attributed position in WPL.

Notably, you still have NOT answered the questions. I seem to recall you railing against the TTFA's intransigence and lack of transparency and responsiveness, yet you are deadly silent on this. Why?

How difficult is it to state the composition of these entities? Sadly, it's somewhat reminiscent of the issue raised regarding the composition of Central's board ... although distinguishable from that.

Come on FS, you're better than this!

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:39:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2015, 09:50:34 PM »
More important to me is to know the "owners" of these teams.  It's already scandalous that The Honorable B.S. has Ministry employees pulling double-duty working on League business, and serving on the League board.  I wouldn't at all be surprised to find that there is some shell ownership structure leading right back to the Ministry.  A side note, I wonder what makes the WPL so sure that it would offer the Senior women better competition and preparation than WoLF.  Games kick off two days after teams have been put together, and there are women on this team that no one has ever heard of, or who have not distinguished themselves in anyway throughout their careers.  Import them from abroad, foist them on a gullible public and pass them off as being better than their true capabilities would suggest.  I'm beginning to detect a modus operandi here from Minister B.S.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2015, 10:31:09 PM »
Doh hurt yuh head, FS. Iz all good. For the time being, I will suspend further questions regarding Company #1671037 incorporated on May 8, 2015.

1]; } ?>