March 28, 2024, 04:52:21 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (9-Jul-2015)  (Read 35049 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (9-Jul-2015)
« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2015, 09:26:42 AM »
Watch what has been deemed "Trinidad & Tobago vs. Guatemala Best Save by Allstate"

http://www.concacaf.com/video/trinidad-tobago-vs-guatemala-best-save-allstate

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2015, 09:32:56 AM »
View what has been deemed "Trinidad & Tobago vs. Guatemala Best Play by Sprint"

http://www.concacaf.com/video/trinidad-tobago-vs-guatemala-best-play

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2015, 09:34:02 AM »
Nuff man was expecting de worse. Let we enjoy this win nah. Allyuh feel we is Brazil or wha?

CO-SIGNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2015, 09:38:22 AM »
View Hart's post-match comments.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pNGQNSNhgNk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pNGQNSNhgNk</a>

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2015, 10:17:48 AM »
Interesting rope a dope from Harty saying 4-3-3 in the build up but went with his customary 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 last night... Thought the tactics were spot on.

We are lacking a dynamic CAM(#10) , Molino's absence is a massive blow... Guerra is more of a languid presence while Plaza is dynamic his ability and decision making is not high... An option may be Joevin Jones and use Peltier and Cato wide .

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2015, 11:13:14 AM »
Congratulations and Best Wishes to this Team. I only saw the first half and could not believe the ball I was seeing the Boys looked Good, confident and it easily could have been 5- nil.Thank you guys for making all of T&T proud. Now on to Cuba. Six points from two games and then we are ready for  Mexico
 We are a World Cup  team lest we forget.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 10, 2015, 11:54:31 AM »
So far I've only seen the 1st half.

My take

POSITIVES:
- Guatemala buckled under our pressing tactics and Cato's goal came as a result of that
- They had real problems defending our corners.  Bateau's goal was a result of that but we also had other chances to score from corners.
- KJ and Guerra held the ball up excellently and had good interchanges with each other as well as supporting players. 
- Joevin Jones was Man of the Half.   Looked dangerous every time he got the ball and it was his penetration that resulted in the 3rd goal scored by him
- Such was our dominance that the backline had very little to do because Ruiz was always surrounded by 2 or 3 players...isolated on his own, and we could easily have been 5-0 at the half.
- I really liked how our players put pressure on the Guatemalans in midfield causing a ton of turn overs
- I am a Daniel Cyrus fan and when his head is in the game, he is a really effective player

CONCERNS:
- For all the pressure and turn overs, our goals all came from capitalizing on really bad Guatemalan mistakes, rather than efficient play on our end.  Better teams will not be so lax.  That said....at least we capitalized.  I saw the Canadian striker Cyle Larin (Molino's teammate at Orlando) get the same chance against El Salvador as Cato did yesterday and hit it high and wide

EPIC MISS

Other than that, no real complaints from the 1st half I saw.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #217 on: July 10, 2015, 12:18:28 PM »

My take

POSITIVES:
- Guatemala buckled under our pressing tactics and Cato's goal came as a result of that
- They had real problems defending our corners.  Bateau's goal was a result of that but we also had other chances to score from corners.
- KJ and Guerra held the ball up excellently and had good interchanges with each other as well as supporting players. 
- Joevin Jones was Man of the Half.   Looked dangerous every time he got the ball and it was his penetration that resulted in the 3rd goal scored by him
- Such was our dominance that the backline had very little to do because Ruiz was always surrounded by 2 or 3 players...isolated on his own, and we could easily have been 5-0 at the half.
- I really liked how our players put pressure on the Guatemalans in midfield causing a ton of turn overs
- I am a Daniel Cyrus fan and when his head is in the game, he is a really effective player

CONCERNS:
- For all the pressure and turn overs, our goals all came from capitalizing on really bad Guatemalan mistakes, rather than efficient play on our end.  Better teams will not be so lax.  That said....at least we capitalized.  I saw the Canadian striker Cyle Larin (Molino's teammate at Orlando) get the same chance against El Salvador as Cato did yesterday and hit it high and wide

EPIC MISS

Good analysis brother... I would like to hear your assessment on the second half...

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2015, 12:23:47 PM »

My take

POSITIVES:

CONCERNS:

EPIC MISS

Good analysis brother... I would like to hear your assessment on the second half...

Yeah Palos . . . Spot on even with Cyrus.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 10, 2015, 12:31:40 PM »
Interesting rope a dope from Harty saying 4-3-3 in the build up but went with his customary 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 last night... Thought the tactics were spot on.

We are lacking a dynamic CAM(#10) , Molino's absence is a massive blow... Guerra is more of a languid presence while Plaza is dynamic his ability and decision making is not high... An option may be Joevin Jones and use Peltier and Cato wide .

was wondering about that since d formation didn't look "4-3-3-like" the wingers and wingbacks got forward really well though, so it was all good
I pity the fool....

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 10, 2015, 12:55:00 PM »
Good start by the CFU teams...Cuba I believe ran into a Mexican team that looks like they will go all the way and lift the tournament.

Cant say I'm surprised T&T got the better of Guatemala, LOL at them for still using old men like Contreras and Pescadito, who it seems have been playing for Guatemala since i was a little boy.

T&T has Cuba next, so i believe you passage to the next round is pretty much secure alongside Mexico. Jamaica has Canada, anything but a win there will put pressure on the boyz to make it out of the group.

HAiti have the USA next, not an easy game. T&T sitting pretty.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #221 on: July 10, 2015, 12:57:04 PM »

Good points but what about Cummings... Tall man said he has it.. That #10 calling for him... Left to be seen...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 10, 2015, 02:37:56 PM »
Ey I doh know if anyone mentioned it but KJ worked real hard in the buildup to the third goal.
Without his saving touch that play was dead.  Good effort.  Now he just has to work on scoring sitters  ;D

Also fork Ruiz that man come out of retirement to continue the nastiness.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 02:40:39 PM by Peong »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 10, 2015, 02:45:29 PM »

Good points but what about Cummings... Tall man said he has it.. That #10 calling for him... Left to be seen...

That #10 is Guerra own....when he want it.  And coach will know when Guerra wants it when he does what he is asked to do.

3 games in 6 days will be tough for this group though.  They're not the fittest so the coach will have to manage his resources accordingly.

Does he field his strongest team against Cuba therefore going all out for the win?  If that happens, he can rest his players against Mexico so they're fresh for the second round.  Of course, those on a yellow will risk another yellow that makes them not eligible for the next game

Or.....does he gamble, rest a couple key players, and hope the team still gets the victory giving him more flexibility with the squad for upcoming matches?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2015, 02:57:29 PM »

That #10 is Guerra own....when he want it.  And coach will know when Guerra wants it when he does what he is asked to do.

3 games in 6 days will be tough for this group though.  They're not the fittest so the coach will have to manage his resources accordingly.

Does he field his strongest team against Cuba therefore going all out for the win?  If that happens, he can rest his players against Mexico so they're fresh for the second round.  Of course, those on a yellow will risk another yellow that makes them not eligible for the next game

Or.....does he gamble, rest a couple key players, and hope the team still gets the victory giving him more flexibility with the squad for upcoming matches?

I left Guerra name off the #10 hunt until he.....  8)

I say Hart rest the couple of players and let players like winchester, glenn, cummings and corbin get a chance against cuba... i believe they can pull off the win.. however, there is a chance Hart will play a full team, win and if they get any yellows, they will miss Mexico and be ready for the next round..

I hope i have that cards scenario right... if you get another yellow, you can't play the next game, but will be available for the game after..

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2015, 03:43:13 PM »
Interesting to see 7 Comunicaciones players vs T&T. It gives Central a lift to see them get beat by Trinis!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2015, 05:11:51 PM »
Good Job T & T... Now onto to Cuba

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2015, 08:54:57 PM »
All Yellow cards are wiped out after the Group matches. Those presently on Yellows against Cuba if they get another yellow will miss the Mexico match. My guess is that Hart will start with his first eleven and give some others playing time in the second half. remember we need the three points against Cuba. This is not the time to experiment. T&T here we come.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »
 remember we need the three points against Cuba. This is not the time to experiment. T&T here we come.

yep! If we get 3 points from Cuba, Hart can use some of the reserve for the Mex. game.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2015, 09:22:03 PM »
I like how allyuh men done concede loss to Mexico already. Smh.

(Me too.)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 10, 2015, 10:43:40 PM »

(Me too.)

I don't think that is the consensus... At this point, the objective is to advance into the quarterfinal round but with the high pressure style of play being enforced by our technical staff, 3 games in 6 days can be extremely taxing on the body. If we beat Cuba on Sunday, a quarterfinal berth would be a mere formality so resting some of the starters against Mexico can be an option.
Not conceding defeat to Mexico, but the possibility does exist that we may face them in the later rounds, 'so yuh have to play dead to catch cobo alive'.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2015, 03:13:13 PM »

(Me too.)

I don't think that is the consensus... At this point, the objective is to advance into the quarterfinal round but with the high pressure style of play being enforced by our technical staff, 3 games in 6 days can be extremely taxing on the body. If we beat Cuba on Sunday, a quarterfinal berth would be a mere formality so resting some of the starters against Mexico can be an option.
Not conceding defeat to Mexico, but the possibility does exist that we may face them in the later rounds, 'so yuh have to play dead to catch cobo alive'.

when we beat Cuba my fellow supporter... when, not if...

thanks for the info guys on the cards, that's a sigh of relief, was worried there for a moment...

since that is the case, play our full team and go for the win, regardless of cards, play a mix of players against mexico because of the rigors of this tournament, we need fresh legs going into the quarters..

i don't think anyone conceding defeat here but after we win this upcoming match, it is better to face Mexico again after we have 2 more matches as a unit under our belt, i believe we will make the semis minimum... which will either be US or Mexico..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 12, 2015, 04:47:36 PM »
Well done Guatemala have another reason to hate us.

The legend of the "Black Beast" lives on.

(Wait dahis DHW appear dey? Good to see yuh alive and hopefully well.)

Yeh i good man just work and life, dont have the free time i use to have. Only work and sleep
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 13, 2015, 04:21:10 PM »
Great win by the Socawarriors, team capt, Head coach, assistant coaches , trainers, teamdoc, travel planners and well wishers.
Words cannot describe how huge this win was. Saw the whole game and it was thrilling.
More progress in the rebranding of T&T which suffered a serious interruption recently
Jan, even though you get a li'l mash up, thanks for saving a certain goal that would have caused panic in the camp
You are areal trooper and thanks Marvin for stepping up to the plate
Thanks to all the players for playing with heart and soul. You all are real warriors. Thanks BraveHart for tolerating all the BS from TTFA
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>