March 28, 2024, 04:28:41 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (15-Jul-2015)  (Read 61019 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (15-Jul-2015)
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2015, 09:19:37 AM »
I feel we should take a chance with this team, all we need is a tie, rest de regulars for de quarters?

Ah drop Cyrus because he carrying a card and we go need him later on.

Phillip
Williams
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Marshall
Joevin
Hyland
Cummings
Peltier
Winchester
Glenn

Don't be surprised if that team does well against el tri .... ;)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 05:15:36 PM »
Soca Warriors in Charlotte, North Carolina
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8NeEJFo0lVg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8NeEJFo0lVg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 05:39:51 PM »
I feel we should take a chance with this team, all we need is a tie, rest de regulars for de quarters?

Ah drop Cyrus because he carrying a card and we go need him later on.

Phillip
Williams
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Marshall
Joevin
Hyland
Cummings
Peltier
Winchester
Glenn

Don't be surprised if that team does well against el tri .... ;)
those players need rest. batau, j jones, abu bakar and peltier. these guys have been involved in every game so far. we don't really need to win this game so why risk injury and booking to these key players when we don't have to? i think abu bakar is on two yellows anyway.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 01:54:26 AM »
Warriors look to maintain momentum against Mexico.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior footballers will be looking to maintain momentum when they contest Mexico in their closing Group C match of the CONCACAF Gold Cup at the Bank American Stadium in Charlotte from 830pm on Wednesday.

A draw for the Soca Warriors will see them top the group but Mexico will be gunning for three points after their 0-0 draw with Guatemala on Sunday. And while T&T are already assured of a quarter-final place, head coach Stephen Hart does not intend to give Mexico an easy time.

“It’s still an important match for us because of the fact that we don’t get to play teams of Mexico’s quality very often so when matches like these come around, we have to make use of it and by that I mean we will test our ability and also use this as an opportunity to prepare against a top team from our region for what’s to come later down the road in the World Cup qualification,” “ Hart told TTFA Media.

“Additionally, nobody wants to lose a match and we have a good momentum going which we want to keep. Of course our focus now is the quarter finals and getting into the last four,” Hart added.

“The main thing is for us to stay focus on what we want to achieve. Our first objective was to get out of the group stage and we’ve done that. Now we’ll focus on the next match and also prepare for the quarter final stage. Despite whatever else is happening off the field, we will remain positive and credit to the players also for being very professional and not letting anything distract them from their focus out here,” Hart added.

T&T will be without goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams who has sustained a grade one hamstring strain and is unlikely to see further action in the tournament. A scan in Charlotte confirmed this on Tuesday morning. Midfielder Andre Boucaud will also sit out the game on two yellow cards.

Defender Sheldon Bateau is confident T&T can end the group on a strong note.

“I’m a bit overwhelmed with my performance and that of the team so far. Especially as a defender your first job is just to keep the clean sheet but to score two in two is a great feeling,” Bateau told TTFA Media.

“We are confident at the moment but now going into the Mexico with this cushion is quite good for us.  Mexico is always a big match and a strong opponent but  the group is ready for the test and we’ll be looking to keep our form and get another positive result to finish the group stage,” added the Belgium-based player.

Bateau looked at the performances of the other teams so far and he believes T&T can go beyond the quarter finals in this tournament.

“I think when you look at how we’ve grown as a team and you look at the others here, you can see that we are capable of matching them and getting good results. With a good amount of time together, good preparation and the right belief, we have demonstrated what we are capable of and this is good for us looking ahead to the World Cup qualifiers later this year,” Bateau said.

The team trained for 80 minutes at the Davidson College training facility on Tuesday morning and was also scheduled to have a light session at the match venue from 9pm on Tuesday. The conditions here are much cooler than Phoenix with temperatures averaging 30 degrees Celsius. There was some rain during T&T’s session on Tuesday morning.

The Bank of America Stadium seats just over 74,000 and is the home facility of the Carolina Panthers NFL franchise.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 02:31:39 AM »
Group winners get Panama in the next round, runners up gets Costa Rica.
Neither here nor there, I expect both T&T and Mexico to rest key players today.

In the other game, a win for Guatemala over Cuba gives them a shot at the USA, El Salvador has a remote chance if Guatemala ties with Cuba.

I'd say rest key players and let the chips fall where they may..Jamaica has lost 4 key players (3 starters) due to injuries/suspension picked up in the El Salvador game..a game which was not a must-win.

In any case, we now know at least one CFU (Haiti/Jamaica) team will make the semis of this years tournament.

The USA/Mexico are chomping at the bit
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:34:19 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2015, 04:07:54 AM »
I'm feeling good about the Mexico game :)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2015, 06:11:24 AM »

Who would be your preferred opponent in the quarters? PAN or CRC?

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2015, 07:33:01 AM »
Not preference
As its never going to get easy,especiall if you want to be taken seriously,you must show up and represent
We must show up and give a very good account,we are in the quaters but this game should be taken lightly

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2015, 07:39:29 AM »
T&T should play soft time and try to lose to Mexico to avoid playing Panama. Im telling you guys, Panama is much much dangerous team than Costa Rica. In addition,  they won the last head-to-head friendly. They will be playing with confidence against you guys if you face them.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2015, 07:40:14 AM »

We will have to live with what we get. However, not liking Panama as an option. Very dynamic squad with noticeable cohesion and variation in play. Lots of those players have been around together for some time and have an understanding. Also would prefer not introducing our defenders to Blas Pérez and Tejada. However, have not seen CRC yet ... although reports indicate they are unsettled as they transition under Wanchope. Will try to review footage of them.

Despite the clean slate mentality that applies in quarter-finals (teams doing not so well can spark), now might be the best time to encounter CRC as Wanchope continues his on-the-job training. CRC has been impotent in its recent matches, and we have not ... so, why not? Despite CRC having a squad that has core players from the WC, there's a new sheriff in town. And, no Navas in goal.

Maybe he draws from the provisional squad, but even if you bring in the full 6, you still have to integrate them all. Most likely any coach infusing players will not be opting for wholesale change. He needs goals. If he can find them on the provisional list, more power to him.

There's a case for Costa Rica, but I wouldn't place my head on the chopping block for it.

Our technical staff may have started compiling a tactical profile of both potential opponents given that the demands of this upcoming outing versus Mexico demands slightly different resources than would be needed had we needed to secure a definite arithmetic outcome to progress to the next round.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2015, 07:44:02 AM »
T&T should play soft time and try to lose to Mexico to avoid playing Panama. Im telling you guys, Panama is much much dangerous team than Costa Rica. In addition,  they won the last head-to-head friendly. They will be playing with confidence against you guys if you face them.

I agree on CRC over PAN ... but friendly results are hard to evaluate unless you have full context. Look at our recent friendly versus Haiti as an example. At the end of the day, we still have to respect the integrity of the game.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2015, 07:47:08 AM »
That's the beauty of football, while the ticos look unsettled now (saw all their games and this is true), they could suddenly click in the qtrs. and are more potent than Panama.  Play football to win it, scout both teams, be prepared for either eventuality and go out there 100%.

Rotate tonight in light of the qtrs., give 100%, and provide additional guys much needed playing time so that you have a stronger effective squad on Sun
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 07:56:38 AM »
That's the beauty of football, while the ticos look unsettled now (saw all their games and this is true), they could suddenly click in the qtrs. and are more potent than Panama.  Play football to win it, scout both teams, be prepared for either eventuality and go out there 100%.

Rotate tonight in light of the qtrs., give 100%, and provide additional guys much needed playing time so that you have a stronger effective squad on Sun

Exactly, I watched all of CR's games as well and we can't take them for granted. Though if I were to choose one I'd say CR at this point in time but you never know so let's focus on giving our all against Mexico and take it from there.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 08:16:38 AM »

Panama, the potential of Costa Rica (ie. them on a good day) is much higher than Panama

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 08:23:59 AM »

Panama, the potential of Costa Rica (ie. them on a good day) is much higher than Panama

Correct me if I am wrong but don't we have a better record historically against Panama than Costa Rica? I understand CR is not playing well right now but I believe if we are to achieve the highest and want the best test to prepare us for the semis and wcq we shouldn't be worrying who we face.. I thought about this as well then came to the conclusion, we should be ready to face anyone and need to stop worrying about who we face..

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2015, 08:48:43 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong but don't we have a better record historically against Panama than Costa Rica? I understand CR is not playing well right now but I believe if we are to achieve the highest and want the best test to prepare us for the semis and wcq we shouldn't be worrying who we face.. I thought about this as well then came to the conclusion, we should be ready to face anyone and need to stop worrying about who we face..

Ultimately this is the case - if we can beat one we should have a good chance with the other - as long as we're playing our best we'll do well regardless of which we face.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2015, 08:51:51 AM »

Based on what? Conjecture?

The fact is that Wanchope has reframed this squad. Twelve (12) players from the squad that went to Brazil are not on this Gold Cup squad. The only area of the pitch where there is major commonality is in the defence because he's brought 6 of the 8 players Pinto took to Brazil.

Of the three GKs only 1 went to Brazil. Only 2 middies of the 8. And 2 fwds of the 4. In fact, Wanchope has an extra forward @ the Gold Cup.

The adjustments in transition being experienced are genuine growing pains. And, I would bet that his provisional squad options feature mostly local-based players rather than many of the 12 WC players not included.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2015, 08:55:49 AM »

Even if ppl here are worried ... (I doubt there are; I'm certainly not). The coaching staff is likely not worried either. They will go about their business ... well, business-like.  This exchange on here is only reflective of fan-based discussion.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2015, 08:58:12 AM »

The fact is that Wanchope has reframed this squad. Twelve (12) players from the squad that went to Brazil are not on this Gold Cup squad. The only area of the pitch where there is major commonality is in the defence because he's brought 6 of the 8 players Pinto took to Brazil.

Of the three GKs only 1 went to Brazil. Only 2 middies of the 8. And 2 fwds of the 4. In fact, Wanchope has an extra forward @ the Gold Cup.

The adjustments in transition being experienced are genuine growing pains. And, I would bet that his provisional squad options feature mostly local-based players rather than many of the 12 WC players not included.

What was his reasoning behind this? To strengthen his depth?

Is he going with a youth first policy?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2015, 09:12:17 AM »

People live and die by the choices and decisions they make. I wouldn't call this a youth policy.

For what it's worth, the relationship between Pinto and his assistants wasn't exactly peachy ... so perhaps Wanchope went who he wants now all things considered. However, I can't say that any of these players are players that Wanchope would have taken to Brazil if he was making the absolute decision then. We are just at another moment in time. New coach, new selection.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2015, 09:31:59 AM »

People live and die by the choices and decisions they make. I wouldn't call this a youth policy.

For what it's worth, the relationship between Pinto and his assistants wasn't exactly peachy ... so perhaps Wanchope went who he wants now all things considered. However, I can't say that any of these players are players that Wanchope would have taken to Brazil if he was making the absolute decision then. We are just at another moment in time. New coach, new selection.

:beermug:

Offline darrel3000

• Full Warrior
  • Go T&T Go!
    • View Profile
    • Professional Audio Sales & Live Event Production
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2015, 09:39:52 AM »
i EXPECT A hard fought encounter this group match, T&T will come out blazing and try to get that early goal with open attacking play. Mexico feels this is a must win situation, they are in 2nd plac ein the group behind T&T and want to make a statment, they also will play open attacking football I expecta high scoring game with the victory to T&T 3-2!
THERE I SAID HERE FIRST PEOPLE!   ;D  :beermug:
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? You must be the change you want to see in the world.
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2015, 11:34:30 AM »
GGGGGGOOOOO WARRIORRRS TAKE DOWN EL TRI AHORA!!!!!! EVERYONE PREDICTING A MEXICO WIN, BUT I AM GOING FOR TNT TO WIN OR DRAW.
WE AIN'T LOSING THS ONE FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2015, 12:01:45 PM »
Fellas we will deal with every team as they come, I just want TNT give Mexico a moment of pause today so they remember they faced to Warriors

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2015, 12:08:18 PM »
Mexico v Cuba

Ochoa
Layún
Reyes
Rodríguez
Aguilar
Guardado
  J Dos Santos
Ríos
Herrera
Peralta
Vela

Mexico v Guatemala

Ochoa
Layún
Reyes
Rodríguez
Aguilar
Guardado
  Vásquez
Herrera
Vela
J Dos Santos
Peralta

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2015, 12:58:15 PM »
Mexico v Cuba

Ochoa
Layún
Reyes
Rodríguez
Aguilar
Guardado
  J Dos Santos
Ríos
Herrera
Peralta
Vela

Mexico v Guatemala

Ochoa
Layún
Reyes
Rodríguez
Aguilar
Guardado
  Vásquez
Herrera
Vela
J Dos Santos
Peralta

prediction for their game against us???

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2015, 12:59:25 PM »
Win or lose, I would love to see more momentum and attacks coming from the midfield.  Honestly, I rather have CR as an opponent because Panama play DIRTY. That game will be full of cards, knocks, and even if we won can have a player or two knocked up pretty badly for the Semi Final game.

Either or, I hope we get to see some of the younger players show what they've got and we put on a good show.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »
Win or lose, I would love to see more momentum and attacks coming from the midfield. Honestly, I rather have CR as an opponent because Panama play DIRTY. That game will be full of cards, knocks, and even if we won can have a player or two knocked up pretty badly for the Semi Final game.

Either or, I hope we get to see some of the younger players show what they've got and we put on a good show.

Exactly.. I will not be mad if we lose but we must play like a team who is capable of winning

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »
The next two games should be taken seriously by the coach and the team. I expect coach to rest some with cards and injuries. The coach started the tournament with a "bombshell" by not starting the captain. He made changes in the 2nd game and it worked. So far the coach has had it "right". Which ever team goes on the field will be facing Mexico. A team, B team. It makes no difference. It is the power house, Mexico.

As far as Pan, CR match up. Like someone just said, if you want to be taken seriously, you can take out any team you facing on the field. So bring it on.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2015, 01:25:35 PM »
If Cuba beats Guatemala by 7 Goals and Tnt win mexico Cuba and Guatemala can qualifyv :rotfl: :rotfl:

This group Jokey too bad!!!!

Do we take the tacos or the Cuban Cigars ???
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 01:28:54 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

1]; } ?>