March 19, 2024, 01:16:04 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (15-Jul-2015)  (Read 60832 times)

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (15-Jul-2015)
« Reply #300 on: July 15, 2015, 08:39:37 PM »
My hands are shaking! I did not expect such fight and grit! CONGRATS!!!!!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2015, 08:39:53 PM »
I've never cheered for Trinidad in a match more than this...congrats guys from a really impressed Yardie. Your team is really  good team.

:beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2015, 08:41:04 PM »
Fuentes can we please not have a 3 minute clip of the post-match press conference! Thanks kindly.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 15, 2015, 08:41:14 PM »
We have to work on the far side deep switch and the clearances to the top of the 18 have to stop as well.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 15, 2015, 08:42:40 PM »
I've never cheered for Trinidad in a match more than this...congrats guys from a really impressed Yardie. Your team is really  good team.

Thanks boss.

Jamaica doing dey ting too.

Good luck to the Reggae Boyz

CFU Massive!!!

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 15, 2015, 08:42:53 PM »
What a game.

Emotional roller coaster.

That last goal to tie it at 4-4 was probably the most important goal scored by Trinidad and Tobago since Tallest in Bahrain to qualify for Germany 2006.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2015, 08:43:44 PM »
Kenwyne earn that captaincy today.

That ball of the post with the two defenders. He cover a lot of ground.

Cummings played well also.

We actually had some decent corners delivered.

If we could stop clearing the ball to the top of the 18th and press players earlier we good to go.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2015, 08:44:20 PM »
my word I cyah believe what I jus witness.......fight til d end blood in yuh foots fight back...........love it.........brent and timkee need to put d nonsense behind and come to a compromise to support dis team they deserve nutten less
I pity the fool....

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2015, 08:44:36 PM »
So we win we group....  On to Panama......   BITTER...... What you think?   Long way to go still till the final? 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 15, 2015, 08:44:45 PM »
Nice work, Trinis! Way to deliver a body blow to the Mexicans!

And it was especially sweet after seeing your player getting showered with all those bottles, cups, etc. while taking the corner!  :pissedoff:

Precisely. I have an issue with CONCACAF on that. The gall of Herrera to be complaining about the time. The referee was also none too impressive in this regard.

Kudos to Joevin for dealing with those conditions without reacting ... and to deliver a quality ball. As for Yohance ... nuff said. :applause:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:46:58 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2015, 08:46:25 PM »
Coach Hart's tactics were spot on. Absorb pressure in the first half and press dem in the second half.
Face it, we don't have the conditioning to press for 90mins. (3 games in 6 days).
The Mexicans had no chance to make any 2nd half adjustments in the locker room.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2015, 08:46:30 PM »

And it was especially sweet after seeing your player getting showered with all those bottles, cups, etc. while taking the corner!  :pissedoff:

My hate for the Mexicans is eternal now because of that! So glad we didn't lose to them tonight!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2015, 08:47:37 PM »
Them last 3 goals come fass, fass while I typing goal scoring.....in fact me eh even see de goal to tie it at 4 - 4 cuz I here typing. I see de boy set up for the corner, I say dais it, game done....I hear the commentator get excited....I switch back...men lie down the field celebrating and de score is 4 - 4.

Ah love it!!!  (c) Andre Samuel.....(where he?  Still around??)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »
We have to work on the far side deep switch and the clearances to the top of the 18 have to stop as well.
True, clearances need to be high and wide.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2015, 08:49:25 PM »
Three out of four Caribbean teams make the second round: Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Haiti. 

Cuba the odd man out, largely because of non-football issues that overshadowed the team in the first game.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 15, 2015, 08:51:10 PM »
Three out of four Caribbean teams make the second round: Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Haiti. 

Cuba the odd man out, largely because of non-football issues that overshadowed the team in the first game.

Cuba made it. So four out of four..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 15, 2015, 08:51:26 PM »

cuba eh make it on a mathematically
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 15, 2015, 08:51:40 PM »
Coach Hart's tactics were spot on. Absorb pressure in the first half and press dem in the second half.
Face it, we don't have the conditioning to press for 90mins. (3 games in 6 days).
The Mexicans had no chance to make any 2nd half adjustments in the locker room.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

What are your thoughts on the moments when we seemed to fluctuate in absorbing pressure (almost needlessly?) Even with the own goal (KJ had absolutely no business!!! reaching for that ball with his body positioned like that), I still feel we conceded another goal unnecessarily because we were not seizing the advantage.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:55:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 15, 2015, 08:52:11 PM »
Congratulations !!! Dat is it - we need a new team award - for people who saw the game- I had atah wuck and hear nah  text was coming in fast and furious - calls coming in - now this game is a defining moment cause we shred a lot ah baggage with this performance - we show the future; we showed that excellence lies within-

So I am proposing a new award - allyuh who do you think deserve THE HEART ( Hart no pun intended) of A  WARRIOR? for this game performance?

Game highlights?
Time to roll back the time and pump out Maxmimus Dan" I am a Soca Warrior"

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 15, 2015, 08:52:26 PM »
Seriously Mexico owes us an apology for all those bottles and ice they rain down on our players. Like WTF??? They come to TNT and we treat them in the best way and take our losses with no hard feelings then they do this.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 15, 2015, 08:53:05 PM »

Cuba made it. So four out of four..

That's right!  They were celebrating!

Real good Gold Cup for the Caribbean thus far.

Central America had a very poor showing.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #321 on: July 15, 2015, 08:54:02 PM »
Seriously Mexico owes us an apology for all those bottles and ice they rain down on our players. Like WTF??? They come to TNT and we treat them in the best way and take our losses with no hard feelings then they do this.
To be fair, dem is Yankees and illegals doing that.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 15, 2015, 08:54:17 PM »
I heard u can draft in 6 new players for the knockout stages

US done call up n drop men

for sure we calling up a keeper i would think?
or that is too much for ttfa to do with visas and $$

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 15, 2015, 08:54:28 PM »

What are your thoughts on the moments when we seemed to fluctuate in absorbing pressure (almost needlessly?) Even with the own goal he had absolutely no business reaching for that ball with his body positioned like that), I still feel we conceded another goal unnecessarily because we were not seizing the advantage.

poster above was makin d point dat we doh have d conditionin to press for 90min but we always seemed to find it when we went behind so I don't agree with him
I pity the fool....

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 15, 2015, 08:55:14 PM »
Best game I have seen in a while. And to think many KEY PLAYERS were being rested or injured.

I knew when KJ found his legs, it would be big.

Bravehart is a genius.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 15, 2015, 08:55:32 PM »

Precisely. I have an issue with CONCACAF on that. The gall of Herrera to be complaining about the time. The referee was also none too impressive in this regard.

Kudos to Joevin for dealing with those conditions without reacting ... and to deliver a quality ball. As for Yohance ... nuff said. :applause:

It takes some real no-class fans to do that.

It would be nice to see some kind of punishment by CONCACAF, but that'll probably never happen. At the very least a public reprimand is in order.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 15, 2015, 08:55:43 PM »

My hate for the Mexicans is eternal now because of that! So glad we didn't lose to them tonight!  :beermug:

Breds, nah doh hate Mexicans. Them is survivors. We need to look how they work together to move forward.  We doh need hate. Right now home, east of the dry river, that is where the hate is. Leh we celebrate we fight for 4 goals tonight.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 15, 2015, 08:56:46 PM »
To be fair, dem is Yankees and illegals doing that.

To be fair they are Mexican fans and Mexican.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 15, 2015, 08:57:34 PM »

What are your thoughts on the moments when we seemed to fluctuate in absorbing pressure (almost needlessly?) Even with the own goal he had absolutely no business reaching for that ball with his body positioned like that), I still feel we conceded another goal unnecessarily because we were not seizing the advantage.

poster above was makin d point dat we doh have d conditionin to press for 90min but we always seemed to find it when we went behind so I don't agree with him

I was surprised that Khaleem Hyland was taken off.  We needed his experience there at the end.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 15, 2015, 08:57:48 PM »

The Mexicans are only showing their true colours. Next time we meet them we must beat them mainly as punishment for their supporters being so nasty!  :yellowcard:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>