March 28, 2024, 11:39:47 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (15-Jul-2015)  (Read 61010 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (15-Jul-2015)
« Reply #330 on: July 15, 2015, 08:58:44 PM »
Coach Hart's tactics were spot on. Absorb pressure in the first half and press dem in the second half.
Face it, we don't have the conditioning to press for 90mins. (3 games in 6 days).
The Mexicans had no chance to make any 2nd half adjustments in the locker room.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

What are your thoughts on the moments when we seemed to fluctuate in absorbing pressure (almost needlessly?) Even with the own goal he had absolutely no business reaching for that ball with his body positioned like that), I still feel we conceded another goal unnecessarily because we were not seizing the advantage.

poster above was makin d point dat we doh have d conditionin to press for 90min but we always seemed to find it when we went behind so I don't agree with him

Risky strategy by Hart but it worked and to be honest we can press for the entire game... But why would we, it doesn't make sense... Mexico wasn't expecting the onslaught in the 2nd half...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #331 on: July 15, 2015, 08:59:34 PM »
Nice work, Trinis! Way to deliver a body blow to the Mexicans!

And it was especially sweet after seeing your player getting showered with all those bottles, cups, etc. while taking the corner!  :pissedoff:

Was thinking the same damn thing. We didn't play like c**tS and still handled our business.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 15, 2015, 09:00:02 PM »
Three out of four Caribbean teams make the second round: Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Haiti. 

Cuba the odd man out, largely because of non-football issues that overshadowed the team in the first game.

Cuba made it. So four out of four..

That's right!  They were celebrating!

Real good Gold Cup for the Caribbean thus far.

Central America had a very poor showing.

I think its more of the Caribbean becoming better instead of the Central Americans having a poor showing. CFU never lost to any UNCAF teams.. So I think we gotten better as opposed to them suddenly not playing good.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 15, 2015, 09:00:36 PM »
poster above was makin d point dat we doh have d conditionin to press for 90min

lefty, I agree that condition is we problem!!

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 15, 2015, 09:00:59 PM »
Seriously Mexico owes us an apology for all those bottles and ice they rain down on our players. Like WTF??? They come to TNT and we treat them in the best way and take our losses with no hard feelings then they do this.

The Mexicans are only showing their true colours. Next time we meet them we must beat them mainly as punishment for their supporters being so nasty!  :yellowcard:

It's not just Mexicans.  I went to the Copa America two weeks ago in Chile, and the organizers actually had two stewards with umbrellas at the corner flag deflecting ice, coins etc whenever a non-Chilean player was taking a corner.  Just football I guess.  Not Mexican only, though.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 15, 2015, 09:01:49 PM »
What the heck did I just witness  :o. I am emotionally confused!! What a game! WHAT A GAME!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Ent.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 15, 2015, 09:03:18 PM »
Marvin Phillips:  Poor on cross balls!  He gotta get to those crosses.

Yep.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 15, 2015, 09:04:28 PM »
Coach Hart's tactics were spot on. Absorb pressure in the first half and press dem in the second half.
Face it, we don't have the conditioning to press for 90mins. (3 games in 6 days).
The Mexicans had no chance to make any 2nd half adjustments in the locker room.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

What are your thoughts on the moments when we seemed to fluctuate in absorbing pressure (almost needlessly?) Even with the own goal he had absolutely no business reaching for that ball with his body positioned like that), I still feel we conceded another goal unnecessarily because we were not seizing the advantage.

poster above was makin d point dat we doh have d conditionin to press for 90min but we always seemed to find it when we went behind so I don't agree with him

Risky strategy by Hart but it worked and to be honest we can press for the entire game... But why would we, it doesn't make sense... Mexico wasn't expecting the onslaught in the 2nd half...

Yuh doh soak up pressure. Get a goal kick and kick it up the field and give them back the ball. When we played the ball on the turf we look decent except for that Kenwyne give away. Pressure does buss pipe. We need to attempt to possess the ball to help the defense especially if conditioning is an issue.  Mexico was not pressing us high. We could have done more with the ball. In a knock out game they would have been pressing higher. We should have recognized that and kept the ball on the turf more.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:06:06 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 15, 2015, 09:05:21 PM »
 >:( :( :cursing:
ah miss the game..had a summer meet
but ah cherishing that score still  :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 15, 2015, 09:05:34 PM »
Brilliant, f**king brilliant.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #340 on: July 15, 2015, 09:05:50 PM »

Yep.

All the talk about jan I was giving, he looks like the better keeper to me...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #341 on: July 15, 2015, 09:07:06 PM »

Yuh doh soak up pressure. Get a goal kick and kick it up the field and give them back the ball. When we played the ball on the turf we look decent except for that Kenwyne give away. Pressure does buss pipe. We need to attempt to possess the ball to help the defense especially if conditioning is an issue.  Mexico was not pressing us high. We could have done more with the ball. In a knock out game they would have been pressing higher. We should have recognized that and kept the ball on the turf more.

Good point...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 15, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »
dislikes. can't believe i am saying this but i miss jan micheal williams so bad. had he been between the sticks he would have at least saved two of those shots. i had it with this marvin bloke. once he starts to let in goals it's like he loses his concentration and gives up the whole post and it becomes a free for all.

likes. keron cummings is a gem. nice find coach. aubrey david fought but didn't have the support in the middle. i have to admit abu bakar earned his spot over marshall even though he scored a nice goal. we could have beaten this team had we not parked the bus. we should have pressed for the fourth goal instead of closing shop and giving the mexicans the opportunity to rally. but i am glad we didn't win because we don't need no false sense of security, now we can go work on not conceding so much goals and if we can fix this problem then i think the cup will be ours this time around.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 15, 2015, 09:08:20 PM »
So ... whaiz de 411 on Keron Cummings?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 15, 2015, 09:09:22 PM »

He score 2 goals  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 15, 2015, 09:12:09 PM »
Three out of four Caribbean teams make the second round: Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Haiti. 

Cuba the odd man out, largely because of non-football issues that overshadowed the team in the first game.

cuba eh make it on a mathematically
http://www.snappytv.com/tc/695219
Yep Guatemala out! Cuba in all 4 CFU made it to quarters and play USA.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 15, 2015, 09:14:13 PM »

Good point...

Yeah, I am not convinced SH made that call to take the pedal off the gas. The situation may just have developed on the field and players didn't address it strenuosly. Ah real wah hear the post-match comments. Allyuh done know the MEX media will be skewering Piojo Herrera AND peppering SH with questions.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 15, 2015, 09:15:49 PM »
That game was insane

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 15, 2015, 09:17:10 PM »
Scoring 4 goals against Mexico is a hell of a feat, and we scored 4 very good goals as well.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 15, 2015, 09:17:28 PM »

He score 2 goals  ;D

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: Like Che say ... that 2nd one he rest should have been the match winner ... but the Marshall header under the conditions and time it was scored was  :cursing: golden.

That was a strike worthy of CG.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 15, 2015, 09:17:47 PM »
I haven't been here in a while...but that was ONE OF THE BEST INTERNATIONAL GAMES I have ever seen far less one we were in involved in...

If someone have a link for that game to download..I want it

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 15, 2015, 09:19:11 PM »
we actually make sportscenter

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 15, 2015, 09:19:49 PM »

Good point...

Yeah, I am not convinced SH made that call to take the pedal off the gas. The situation may just have developed on the field and players didn't address it strenuosly. Ah real wah hear the post-match comments. Allyuh done know the MEX media will be skewering Piojo Herrera AND peppering SH with questions.
They interviewed KJ after the game on TV. Though he was pleased with the result, he was disappointed in the way the lead slipped through our fingers in the final minutes.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 15, 2015, 09:21:24 PM »
I missed it, can anyone get a copy of the game and post it?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 15, 2015, 09:23:23 PM »

Yep.

All the talk about jan I was giving, he looks like the better keeper to me...

This has been hashed out before ... one is better at some things; the other has his strengths. It's not easy to transition into the starting role after playing second fiddle for so long.

We don't have Jan. Lehwe embrace Marvin. He did sufficiently well.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 15, 2015, 09:23:52 PM »
Don't forget the lasers too. Look at the clip and you will see the light the shining in his eyes.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 15, 2015, 09:27:18 PM »
>:( :( :cursing:
ah miss the game..had a summer meet
but ah cherishing that score still  :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Stop reading now. Best yuh live de highs and lows (actually there were NO lows ....) as we did, when yuh eventually ketch de footage.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 15, 2015, 09:30:42 PM »
Concacaf needs to do something about those Fans, Trinidad players were dealing with a lot. Lights flashing in eyes bottle throwing on field. No way this should be allowed to continue. Worst yet even the Trinidad supporters at the game was getting soaked with bottles and cups unacceptable Concacaf.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 15, 2015, 09:32:10 PM »
that kid J.Jones is mvp is my books tonite.

1]; } ?>