Sports > What about Track & Field

National Association of Athletics Administrations of T&T (NAAATT) News Thread

<< < (2/8) > >>

Deeks:
4 stadia and none practice around Carnival. We can't be serious.

gawd on pitch:
 Between Trinidad and Tobago, TOBAGO is doing a better job with identifying and developing track and field talent.

Deeks:

--- Quote from: gawd on pitch on April 09, 2015, 07:32:10 PM --- Between Trinidad and Tobago, TOBAGO is doing a better job with identifying and developing track and field talent.

--- End quote ---

Well, is time! I hope they continue to more!

STMB:
I think what we need in T&T are more low-cost venues for training and keep-fit events. Governments and politicians love to build monuments; large multi-purpose facilities with cavernous concrete structures encircling the most critical real estate, the training and competition SURFACES.

Whether it's for ego and/or for project opportunities, we don't need anymore large stadia right now.

Take for instance the Clermont, FL facility (google a photo of it). it is a very low-key venue with a very fast track and very little in physical structure footprint - bleachers, equipment storage, probably some strength training and physio-prep facilities.

I think that for the cost of 1 multi-purpose (including cultural events) stadium, the government can build 3-4 facilities like Clermont's, with maybe a similar cost and maintenance outlay of a regional cricket ground with a pavilion, PA system, lights, security, surface maintenance, results screen, etc.

It is an easier and more effective budgetary approach to provide athletes around the country with greater access to the higher-valued infrastructure (the SURFACES), as well as alternatives for training and lower-key track and field events, like the keep fit events Mr. Serrette speaks of.

A.B.:
I remember when it was decreed that 'stadia would not be used for fetes'.

Guess not. :cursing:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version