April 28, 2024, 06:08:13 AM

Author Topic: What is Sancho's Vision/Plan? If he even has one for our Football....  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Is his plan solely based on seeking revenge and recouping money from JW and the rest?

I believe that has become his sole mission, while our football falls on the wayside. I think we need people to rebuild our football and that person or group should not be associated to football or have an ax to grind with the previous administration.

After these debts are paid off what will happen next? What will be Sancho's next mission? He hasn't spoken about that because everything is so cloak and dagger.

Kelvin Jack has a genuine passion for running the TTFA, you could tell by his words and how he interacts with the footballing public, Sancho I don't get that vibe.

I hope he proves us wrong but I have seen time and time again that same bad apple tends to show up. I will refer to Gulati again because he is not a footballer but a businessman, a true businessman. Who has a vision for US football.

What is Sancho's vision? If he even cares to share it, or will his mouthpiece Kevin dictate that vision for him...

Some people are blinded by the fact that power corrupts, sometimes it's better to have someone who is established and does it for the love and passion of our nation and our football, for the people. Rather than an ex footballer who is on a money mission and can in the process cripple our football from progressing with no vision of his own.

JMHO

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:55:07 PM by Controversial »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What is Sancho's Vision/Plan? If he even has one for our Football....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 11:22:57 AM »
Sancho doesn't need to have a vision for your football as he's not in charge of our football. That responsibility rests with the head of the football federation, Tim Kee. You're comparing him to Sunil Gulati, but Gulati's position is akin to Tim Kee's, not Sancho's.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
Galati is the exception to the rule.  I remembered him at the World Bank. He is passionate about the the game. He is a good administrator. That is his forte. He and the USSF have been able to get big sponsors on their side for a long time. The sponsors tends to stay for the long haul. Our present administration hopefully will be doing something similarly. Hopefully.

While we would like Sancho to assist in straightening out our football problems, we must remember he is the Minister of Sport, not the Minister of Football. I have no doubt Sancho will assist TT football. But that assist will come with political bandwagonism. Like what happened to the men's team in JA and the women's team with Ecuador.

TTFA needs to decide if the govt should help them pay off the debt left by Jack or assist them with substantial financial assistance for preparing six national teams for competitions. I prefer the latter. The football teams preps. Are most significant for our revival. TTFA will have to get private benefactors to assist them with their past debt.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:41:41 AM by Deeks »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 12:08:59 PM »
Galati is the exception to the rule.  I remembered him at the World Bank. He is passionate about the the game. He is a good administrator. That is his forte. He and the USSF have been able to get big sponsors on their side for a long time. The sponsors tends to stay for the long haul. Our present administration hopefully will be doing something similarly. Hopefully.

While we would like Sancho to assist in straightening out our football problems, we must remember he is the Minister of Sport, not the Minister of Football. I have no doubt Sancho will assist TT football. But that assist will come with political bandwagonism. Like what happened to the men's team in JA and the women's team with Ecuador.

TTFA needs to decide if the govt should help them pay off the debt left by Jack or assist them with substantial financial assistance for preparing six national teams for competitions. I prefer the latter. The football teams preps. Are most significant for our revival. TTFA will have to get private benefactors to assist them with their past debt.

Sancho has made clear his intent to be very hands-on when it comes to the TTFA, so if he's going to take a hands-on approach, then yes, there should be some sort of purpose and plan to his actions.  As for the debt owed to the players, that's not for the TTFA to decide... they've been asking for years, and ignored for years.  That is, until Tantie Kams decided to buy Sancho's loyalties.  As for having a plan... his plan should be to streamline the process for funding for all sport bodies and leave it at that, he won't be in office past this elections from the looks of things.  No long-term planning needed. 

On a side note this elections cannot come fast enough, what a stinking, lying den of thieves... every day is a different report of millions, not even thousands any more, MILLIONS of tax payer money being handed out under the table.  They making Jack Warner look like a rank novice.  This is who Sancho aligned himself with.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 12:25:54 PM »

Sancho has made clear his intent to be very hands-on when it comes to the TTFA, so if he's going to take a hands-on approach, then yes, there should be some sort of purpose and plan to his actions.  As for the debt owed to the players, that's not for the TTFA to decide... they've been asking for years, and ignored for years.  That is, until Tantie Kams decided to buy Sancho's loyalties.  As for having a plan... his plan should be to streamline the process for funding for all sport bodies and leave it at that, he won't be in office past this elections from the looks of things.  No long-term planning needed. 

On a side note this elections cannot come fast enough, what a stinking, lying den of thieves... every day is a different report of millions, not even thousands any more, MILLIONS of tax payer money being handed out under the table.  They making Jack Warner look like a rank novice.  This is who Sancho aligned himself with.

Wasn't it you who tell me that Sancho can't get directly involved in soccer? So what the problem.

He could say what he wants the TTFA does not have to do anything Sancho want. Therefore he does not need to have a plan for "T&T Football".

Why not ask what is the TTFA plans for T&T Football, because we have not seen anything other than sending teams to tournaments. Or maybe that's just me being biased.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 01:14:37 PM »

Wasn't it you who tell me that Sancho can't get directly involved in soccer? So what the problem.

He could say what he wants the TTFA does not have to do anything Sancho want. Therefore he does not need to have a plan for "T&T Football".

Why not ask what is the TTFA plans for T&T Football, because we have not seen anything other than sending teams to tournaments. Or maybe that's just me being biased.

I didn't tell you anything... but I know that FIFA has strict rules on "government interference" with football, in case that is what you're referring to.

Regardless as to whether the TTFA agrees to accept his conditions for funding, it stands to reason that if he is to make such 'conditions' then he should do so with a purpose or a plan.  If the logic of that is lost on you, then I wouldn't worry my head about it if I were you.

No it's just you being uninformed.  You don't see something therefore it doesn't exist.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 02:57:05 PM »
Sancho doesn't need to have a vision for your football as he's not in charge of our football. That responsibility rests with the head of the football federation, Tim Kee. You're comparing him to Sunil Gulati, but Gulati's position is akin to Tim Kee's, not Sancho's.

Guess what brother, as sports minister he needs a vision and a plan. As a man who envisions himself running the ttfa which is very obvious, he needs a vision. So I don't want to hear people saying Sancho doesn't need a vision, I saw people on this site lambast the previous sports ministers for not having a vision in regards to our national football, so why is Sancho exempt?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 03:07:54 PM »

Good contribution brother but Sancho if people haven't figured it out yet, is destined for special advisor status with his partners running the tttfa, the same mold that was chastised by himself and others. Sancho needs a vision for how the ministry is going to handle football in our nation and he is at the head of those decisions. As a nation the answer was getting rid of JW, now that he is gone the situation has not improved but has continued on a downward spiral.

Sancho and them don't care that we don't make Copa or any other tournament, they care about money, when they should be counting on their exploits at the club level to support their family. National football isn't going to make you rich. But Sancho is planning to line his pockets as a minister and hopefully special advisor in the near future.

My advice is to get rid of all associated and start afresh, count your losses and start the rebuilding of our football, because our football will be light years behind if these footballers continue to drain and destroy our progress.

Here's some more advice, ask them to form a union for the players first before they line their pockets and go for the gold. Where is the organization? Where is the plan? Where is the unity and pride for your nation? Or is pride and unity only present when the pay check is there?

Everyone deserves to be paid and compensated but when you drag our football and halt our progress for your own financial gain, you are no different than the ones you are going after.

But then where is weary and all the PNMites who supported Sancho, are they supporting him now because he is a PP boy now?

Or he is just a mercenary like the rest of them...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:12:03 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »

Where is our exception to the rule brother? Don't you think it's high time we start looking for that exception to the rule because right now I'm seeing the same rinse and repeat with bull over and over...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 03:27:31 PM »

What does Sancho know about basketball, cricket, T&F, swimming and cycling? Absolutely nothing substantial enough to be a minister or have a vision for those sports to improve the crumbling structures currently.

He was appointed to appeal to the footballing public and was a political decision, lining himself up for President of TTFA.. It has the few that are not foolish to the games that are played in our nation....

So once again, I ask, what is his plan for football?

1]; } ?>