April 19, 2024, 01:07:15 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (27-Mar-2015)  (Read 31883 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (27-Mar-2015)
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2015, 10:08:23 AM »
Just from the highlights I see Panama had plenty attacks boy, shots like rain.  Poor performance by T&T.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »
Plaza did not look that good yesterday. We know he better than that. But the mid-field service was poor. When he did get the ball around the area, the Canal Boys was swarming.  Our mids were not in  good position to assist. Then the usual long balls from the back were mostly unhopeful.
regrettably plaza is a very ordinary player who will flunking in the lowest leagues in england. it's clear to see that most of our guys don't put in serious work in perfecting their craft on their off time, maybe they see football as an income and not a career. sad to say but dwight stern and kenwin seem to be the most clinical players we have produced thus far.

Plaza is good player. He was basically alone up front.  Our mids were struggling to share  in the control of the mid. We know he can do better. We saw  him against the Saudis last year or so.  Correct me if I am wrong. He scored and played well. We should not read too much out of this performance. Hart have had these guys for less than a week. That is why I think they should have scheduled another game today. They could have scheduled a game with a "less talented opponent". They could have scheduled with Barbados, St. Vincent, St. Lucia or Greneda. And don't say why them weak team.  Our guys needs match practice badly. A second game would continue the momentum that Coach Hart is pursuing.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2015, 12:21:40 PM »
Plaza did not look that good yesterday. We know he better than that. But the mid-field service was poor. When he did get the ball around the area, the Canal Boys was swarming.  Our mids were not in  good position to assist. Then the usual long balls from the back were mostly unhopeful.
regrettably plaza is a very ordinary player who will flunking in the lowest leagues in england. it's clear to see that most of our guys don't put in serious work in perfecting their craft on their off time, maybe they see football as an income and not a career. sad to say but dwight stern and kenwin seem to be the most clinical players we have produced thus far.

Plaza is good player. He was basically alone up front.  Our mids were struggling to share  in the control of the mid. We know he can do better. We saw  him against the Saudis last year or so.  Correct me if I am wrong. He scored and played well. We should not read too much out of this performance. Hart have had these guys for less than a week. That is why I think they should have scheduled another game today. They could have scheduled a game with a "less talented opponent". They could have scheduled with Barbados, St. Vincent, St. Lucia or Greneda. And don't say why them weak team.  Our guys needs match practice badly. A second game would continue the momentum that Coach Hart is pursuing.
i guess what i am trying to say is that plaza is not a clinical player who could make things happen on his own. quite a few of our guys needs an open goal or the perfect pass in order to score goals. unlike stern and dwight guys like plaza and jamal gay are not prolific goal scorers who convert on half chances neither are they forwards who create chance for other players ala kewin or dwight.

yesterday plaza had an easy chance on goal and blew it, not saying that he can't have an off game or a bad moment but this is a reoccurring trend with him where he blows easy chances that a dwight or stern would normally put a hole in the net. this man is 27 years old and if he's not clinical at this stage of his development then he's never going to be. i would not put my pot on the fire for players of this magnitude. i would rather see an under 23 kid like say rondel or shandon winchester get the opportunity to be on the national team in order to gain experience and develop, but by 27 if you are not a goal threat then forget about international football, too much at stake.
sorry to say deeks that many of our player have played the lone striker role in the past, and with relative success. remember quality always shines through regardless of the circumstances.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 12:23:23 PM by pull stones »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2015, 05:14:54 AM »
The team eventually coped well with the Panamanian attack but many players looked nervous and not ready for the occasion. Lots of mistakes, but Hart should now have a clearer idea for his tinkering.

- Shannon Gomez (12) : The best of the debutants. Started a bit shaky and his positioning was erratic but was always committed. If he made a mistake, his head never dropped. Full of character.
- Sheldon Bateau (4) : Very good on the night. Cleaned up many of the mistakes and was always calm
- Mikhail Williams (17) : Very impressive display. Started the game a bit nervous but grew into his role and was the best T&T player on the night.
- Justin Hoyte (2) : Rusty. Caught out of position and beaten far too often in the first half. Was better in his accustomed right back role but didn't look sharp at all
- Neveal Hackshaw (18) : Another who struggled with the occasion, especially in the first half. Out played in the first half but understood his role better in the second and was more composed.
- Khaleem Hyland (8) : Didn't inspire all that much. Took it upon himself to try and clean up the numerous mistakes and bad passes around him.
- Tyrone Charles (7) : Looked out of his depth. Was found in space on the right on numerous occasions with zero end product. Took either too little or too much time on the ball to make decisions. Has always been a hot and cold player at Pro League level and well tonight int he rain, he was quite cold indeed.
- Kevin Molino (10) : Almost anonymous in the first half, especially for the expectation attached. Wasted a bit on the left flank and his lack of covering may be the reason for all the joy the Panamanians found on that side in the first half. Looked better when he tried to command the ball and increase the tempo in the second
- Ataulla Guerra (11) : Stereotypical frustrating display from Tulla. Poor decision making and if he wasn't trying some fancy flick, he was holding onto the ball for far too long. Same frustrations that exist when he plays for Central. Lots of huff, puff and one or two sparkles but too inconsistent and laid back
- Willis Plaza (9) : Starved of service. Still was not showing enough hunger when trying to feed off of the scraps. Another who is too casual in his approach lately.
- Jamal Jack (6) : Poor poor display and one that I know for a fact he will be annoyed at himself for. Played out of position at left back. Made two bad passes and his confidence plummeted from there. Easily is one of the best centre backs in the Pro League alongside M. Williams, especially with being able to make positive passes from the back but this was a night to forget.
- Dwane James (14) : Looked tidy for the most part. Good ball circulation but maybe not 100 % intensity. Given his penchant for being a bruiser a la Roy Keane, maybe he was trying to restrain himself. In the league, he has mastered the art of aggressive fouling without being carded
- Akeem Garcia (5) : Very raw, but lots of potential. Has been Connections "breakthrough" player this season. Similar to his fellow debutants, "Froggie" struggled to find his feet
- Jomal Williams (19) : Not bad. Showed some willingness to put in some work. Would need some more minutes on the pitch to gain a better idea.
- Marcus Joseph (16) : Tried his luck with two free kicks that came off the wall but given his jackhammer of a left foot, I don't blame him for trying. Overall he still needs to show more to prove that he belongs at this level

Nice lil reporting they amielisadore...

Anybody have a copy of de game?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2015, 10:33:45 AM »
How did a Spanish Station waltz into the Ato Boldon Stadium and stream the game live? So the TTFA letting anyone broadcast their games for free. No TV rights being paid?

Then why did no local TV station show the game live if is a free for all?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2015, 10:54:58 AM »
How did a Spanish Station waltz into the Ato Boldon Stadium and stream the game live? So the TTFA letting anyone broadcast their games for free. No TV rights being paid?

honestly I curious about dat one mehself ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2015, 01:11:28 PM »

I was under the impression that wi sports were streaming the game. I seem to recall that while there were no fees paid to TTFA, the return game in Panama would be streamed free of charge back to T&T.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2015, 03:44:35 PM »

I was told that there was supposed to be delayed coverage on WI Sports.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2015, 06:33:54 PM »

Nice lil reporting they amielisadore...

Anybody have a copy of de game?

Oops I forgot...I can upload later if you are still interested.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2015, 07:41:37 PM »

I was under the impression that wi sports were streaming the game. I seem to recall that while there were no fees paid to TTFA, the return game in Panama would be streamed free of charge back to T&T.

When is this ? Confirmed?

June I assume?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2015, 08:11:26 PM »

When is this ? Confirmed?

June I assume?

I have not seen a confirmation, but several TTFA officials have mentioned it and Panama F.A. referred to a reciprocal arrangement in correspondence with TTFA.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2015, 09:35:00 PM »
Good, hopefully the 2 games in June will be Panama away and another Central American team away.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2015, 06:15:58 AM »
Been busy covering all of the matches past week or so, but here is the match.  Please do not share the link around too much or it will get removed and my account could face sanctions.  I will likely remove it in a week or so.

See later post
Still uploading so give it a few minutes, should be ready in about 30...have to go to work so any issues it will just have to wait
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:16:55 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2015, 06:30:23 AM »
You're the man Worm!!!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2015, 12:56:43 PM »
I don't know the makeup of the Jamaican team,but they certainly look good so far,wins against Venezuela 2-1 and Cuba 3-0.They are really looking good,and would be better by the time the Gold Cup comes around,add all their overseas bred players,and also their overseas based Jamaican players,they could be strong challengers to win the cup.It is time that a Caribbean team win this,I'll back the Yardies to win or go very close.
I wish TT all the best,it's all I can say.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2015, 07:01:35 PM »
I don't know the makeup of the Jamaican team,but they certainly look good so far,wins against Venezuela 2-1 and Cuba 3-0.They are really looking good,and would be better by the time the Gold Cup comes around,add all their overseas bred players,and also their overseas based Jamaican players,they could be strong challengers to win the cup.It is time that a Caribbean team win this,I'll back the Yardies to win or go very close.
I wish TT all the best,it's all I can say.
That's a cardinal sin... It's all I can say.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2015, 07:08:30 PM »
You're the man Worm!!!
Seems they've already taken it down, will reupload

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2015, 08:08:13 PM »
4shared, vimeo or dropbox? Those should work

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2015, 08:57:05 PM »
Just realized I had it uploading to a separate account I rarely use, and that one probably isn't approved for videos over 10 minutes.  Uploading now to the usual one, will probably be a few hours before its done though.

http://youtu.be/KQkrcO8SjR4

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2015, 06:13:38 AM »
Just realized I had it uploading to a separate account I rarely use, and that one probably isn't approved for videos over 10 minutes.  Uploading now to the usual one, will probably be a few hours before its done though.

http://youtu.be/KQkrcO8SjR4
Not too pleased at the moment, video failed to process on YouTube.  Am now uploading to an external file host so you can download the file directly and play in VLC or WMP.  Will post link when its done, might be when I get home from work though...sorry.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2015, 08:34:45 PM »
How do you open the file? Thank you

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2015, 01:56:51 AM »
Gomez tips T&T for Gold Cup.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Panama head coach Hernan Dario Gomez had a few encouraging word for the T&T senior men’s team following his side’s 1-0 victory in Friday’s friendly international in Couva.

Gomez said he was somewhat surprised at T&T’s display in certain moments of the match and believes they can progress towards having a strong showing at the Concacaf Gold Cup in July.

“It’s a game in which we did very important things in the first half. In the second half we had a mis-performance because we lost a lot of control of the game The pitch was kind of complicated with the wetness and it was difficult for Panama to make a better game in the second half.”

“I like the way T&T was playing. They are very strong and fast team and they had some very good moments in the game which could have been dangerous for us. There are no favourites these days. Usually 1-0 is very level kind of score. I believe T&T will have a great Gold Cup with Panama with the way they are playing.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2015, 04:08:57 PM »
How do you open the file? Thank you
Should open in VLC player

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »
Tyrone Charles is a decent player, I feel he need about two more games to see his true quality, but I know he good and have good touches.

I find Hyland play some good ball.

Marvin really save we doh.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>