March 28, 2024, 11:23:55 AM

Author Topic: Hart open to foreign-born players.  (Read 14407 times)

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hart open to foreign-born players.
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2015, 01:19:39 AM »
This is a slippery slope. Not every foreign born player = good player and deserve to be on the team. Some of them struggle for their clubs and T&T become a second option to think about because they can't make the national team of their home country.

If we praise , encourage or beg foreign born players before they are even selected on the team then this not only put pressure on the coach to select them but they feel they have a guaranteed place on the team because the belief is 'we need them'.

The media should never decide to get involved in the chasing of foreign born players. If a player want to play for T&T he will make himself available for selection

Its just good for TTFA to reach out to foreign born players. You have to understand that Trinidad is a small country. We only have a population of 1.3 million people and the Football system in our country is poor. We have a strong football culture though. But it's great to look at foreign-trinis because they can bring something to the plate too.

And allyuh feel dat because de German mystic man recruited some foreign born...allyuh feel dat was de reason for his success....

Well leh we jes fire half de team and bring foreign born..we bound to qualify fuh WC.

You think they would be beating USA with a bunch of Jamaican's from their local league?

The thing with Jamaica's team is most of those guys, whether foreign born or not, have a decent bit of experience in English league Football, particularly the championship.

If Trini can get some European players then we can do well. We can't just think about the present, we have to think about the future too. Foreign players will help us to succeed and strengthen the Football scene in the country. Look how far Jamaica is reaching at the moment, their Football is going up.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2015, 07:00:11 AM »
Captain Burrell  told Jack Warner many moons ago when Jamaica qualified for its first world cup that in order to go to a World cup one has to get players from Europe and MLS and a foreign coach. that narrative still holds - check out Panama- Honduras and Jamaica . The players that stand out for El Salvador/ Guatemala  play in foreign leagues.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2015, 08:32:40 AM »
Captain Burrell  told Jack Warner many moons ago when Jamaica qualified for its first world cup that in order to go to a World cup one has to get players from Europe and MLS and a foreign coach. that narrative still holds - check out Panama- Honduras and Jamaica . The players that stand out for El Salvador/ Guatemala  play in foreign leagues.

Breds, I would not dispute your narrative. Those countries you mentioned may have foreign coaches, but foreign coaches come and go just as local coaches. But, we have foreign born on our team, and we have a coach who honed his coaching skills in foreign. We just don't depend on an exclusive foreign born team. Who knows, that may change. The issue with our team is the TTFA inability to find the resources to fund the preparation of the MNT for international tournaments. This impasse has been going on for two yrs. That is not good for building a successful program. When the TTFA problem is settled then you will how our team will improve. Foreign born are always welcome. But if they are marginal players, what would you expect from the fans. I think Boucaud and the Hoyte brother are good acquisition. I also like J Lloyd Samuel. The Jake  youth fell right of the radar after playing WC. He was young with plenty spunk. We lack at least 2 to 3 dynamic midfield forwards. I don't see any in foreign. I eh see any locally.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »
I am going to simply REPEAT what I said earlier instead of responding to the posters who quoted me. Read the main points. People in here are hungry to chase foreign born with the assumption they are better. If I was a foreign born I will feel good knowing that I am already wanted in a team that is desperate for me.

This is a slippery slope. Not every foreign born player = good player and deserve to be on the team. Some of them struggle for their clubs and T&T become a second option to think about because they can't make the national team of their home country.

If we praise , encourage or beg foreign born players before they are even selected on the team then this not only put pressure on the coach to select them but they feel they have a guaranteed place on the team because the belief is 'we need them'.

The media should never decide to get involved in the chasing of foreign born players. If a player want to play for T&T he will make himself available for selection

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:54:40 AM by Sando prince »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2015, 08:50:54 AM »
Me thinks that if a person has a genuine interest, desire and passion to represent TnT, and if that said person can do so legitimately and if that said person has the talent and ability which surpasses those of what is available locally then by the rules and regulations they should be given the opportunity to represent,

In my opinion we should not be seeking  athletes who are akin to mercenaries or those who are seeking TnT as their last resort to achieving succes at the expense of hardworking desirous local athletes. The price of succ es must not be at the expense of the dreams and opportunies of a live hood of the local athlete.IMHO

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2015, 01:04:13 PM »
No one should run down and beg anyone...all I said was TTFA should reach out to foreign born. If a player show interest then it's up to TTFA to reach out to them. That's how international football works, It's called getting a call from the country...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2015, 02:07:21 AM »
some of allyuh just don't have a clue...how big is our pool of players? For the pool to become deeper the TTFA must seek to identify and subsequently court players who are non-native but can qualify to play for TnT. Take for example Nick DeLeon he has a more than reasonable chance of playing for the US why should approach the TTFA? Players don't find teams..teams find players

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2015, 02:34:00 AM »
some of allyuh just don't have a clue...how big is our pool of players? For the pool to become deeper the TTFA must seek to identify and subsequently court players who are non-native but can qualify to play for TnT. Take for example Nick DeLeon he has a more than reasonable chance of playing for the US why should approach the TTFA? Players don't find teams..teams find players

Do you know if the TTFA had approached him or his father? Something not right with the Deleon situation. like you said, he probablly prefer his chance with the US team.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2015, 04:51:14 AM »

deleon has never had a US call up  and i doubt he may get one soon ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2015, 10:08:27 PM »
I admire d jacans dem. U dnt hve to beg dem. Barnes mc nuff .hector n couple of other players r very young and played in england under 17 19 etc and had to problem running to play for d reggaeboyz. Trinis stil waiting for a cobeau swet from america n england..cheups..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2015, 09:19:29 AM »
I admire d jacans dem. U dnt hve to beg dem. Barnes mc nuff .hector n couple of other players r very young and played in england under 17 19 etc and had to problem running to play for d reggaeboyz. Trinis stil waiting for a cobeau swet from america n england..cheups..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2015, 10:05:38 AM »

If we didn't have a well known dysfunctional Federation, perhaps more players would be willing to play for us.

Alas......

And the thing of it is.....I honestly don't blame them.  Why the hell would you leave a professional setup to go and play for a setta people who cyah even organize a f**k in a ho house?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2015, 10:32:24 AM »
Former England youth midfielder, John Bostock, is reportedly being pursued by Trinidad and Tobago.
http://sportmagazine.knack.be/sport/voetbal-nationaal/john-bostock-ohl-gegeerd-door-nationale-ploeg-trinidad/article-normal-589875.html
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2015, 10:46:09 AM »
On a side note

I remember watching the JA team (comprised of mostly English born players) in the Gold Cup final and most of their players didn't even know the JA national anthem  :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:26:18 AM by Sando prince »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2015, 02:50:49 PM »
Wait why has is Samuel[?] (think he playing in the Middle east now, related to Andre) never play for we again?

Remember this? TTFF manager takes Jlloyd for a joy ride

Oh gawd oh....how I forget that boy. Textgate

Tallman...anywhere on this site we could list all the mishaps under Muhammed. I forgot that one as well.

In fact, maybe we should list at the instances when things actually work out smoothly under him...that list might be shorter
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2015, 02:55:34 PM »
how good is bostock???

any video...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2015, 04:00:54 PM »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2015, 04:30:05 PM »
Where it all began (videos included):  http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=59209.0
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2015, 06:39:02 PM »
I would like to see him in the set up, he will make a good addition.. It may be the lift he needs to take his career to the next level and also allows us to have a player for the future...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2015, 06:55:28 PM »
On a side note

I remember watching the JA team (comprised of mostly English born players) in the Gold Cup final and most of their players didn't even know the JA national anthem  :)

So the ones who didnt sing vs Panama didnt know ours either?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2015, 07:31:26 PM »
On a side note

So the ones who didnt sing vs Panama didnt know ours either?

Who are the ones in the T&T team who didn't sing? Since you remembered.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2017, 06:17:40 AM »
 bump
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>