April 26, 2024, 12:08:09 PM

Author Topic: "Free-spirited "biker dies following dream.  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"Free-spirited "biker dies following dream.
« on: May 03, 2015, 07:40:52 AM »
Ordinarily, I wouldn't post articles about vehicular accidents or road fatalities but this one had me a little depressed.  It was only a few days ago that I tuned in to the evening  news just in time to catch a sports feature on a young, aspiring, female motorcyclist. I never met her but I found her free-spirited nature  very refreshing and I wished her well in her pursuits.  A mere 4 days later I turned on the news only to learn that this young lady lost her life in a tragic accident....involving her motorcycle.

Sometimes life renders  you speechless....all I can say is R.I.P Ms. Mohammed.

‘Free-spirited’ biker dies following dream
By By Carolyn Kissoon carolyn.kissoon@trinidadexpress.com
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/-Free-spirited-biker-dies-following-dream-302324041.html
Story Created: May 2, 2015 at 10:05 PM ECT

A year ago, Aislinn Mohammed realised her dream to become a biker like her father and uncle.

And despite warnings by her mother, Mohammed sold her car and purchased a Honda 600 motorcycle.

Mohammed, of Nacir Trace, Preysal, lost her life yesterday when her vehicle slammed into the cable barriers near the Freeport overpass.

Mohammed, 30, was returning home after liming with friends—a group of bikers—at a restaurant in Chaguanas.

Police said Mohammed, an employee at Imtech Marine Ltd, was riding south along the Solomon Hochoy Highway, when she attempted to exit at Freeport around 1.30 a.m.

The motorcycle spun out of control and Mohammed was flung into the air, landing on the median 50 feet away.

A motorist who witnessed the accident said he stopped to assist the woman.

The man said he held the injured woman, but her body became limp after two breaths.

Police said the group, who was riding with Mohammed, was not aware of the crash as they were too far ahead of her.

The Sunday Express visited Mohammed’s home yesterday, but her mother, Valarie Mohammed, was too distraught to speak.

Her father, Haseeb Mohammed, was preparing to bury his daughter.

Mohammed was the couple’s only daughter. Relatives said her only brother, Safian Mohammed, was trying to console their mother.

Her cousin, Miranda Mohammed, said Mohammed was a free-spirited woman.

“She was the happiest, most fun-loving person you would ever meet. Her father and uncle were bikers and a year ago she decided she wanted to be a biker too.

“Everybody warned her, but she said this was in her heart and she really wanted to do it. She sold her car and bought a bike. She had little falls learning to ride, but no serious accidents,” she said.

Miranda Mohammed said she last spoke with her cousin on Friday around 8 p.m. “We were talking about a charity boat cruise I am doing. She was excited and bought the first two tickets. Now I think I am going to dedicate that cruise in her name,” she said.

Mohammed’s Facebook page was flooded with tributes from her 5,000-plus friends yesterday. She was not married and had no children.

Her cousin said, “She has a big circle of friends. She was dating a guy who was a biker and he died in an accident about a year ago. But that did not stop her from following her dreams.”

Mohammed will be laid to rest following a funeral service at her family’s home at 2 p.m. today.

Last Monday, she was featured on CNC3’s Sports News as one of a few women bikers in the country.
Link to Sports Feature:
http://www.cnc3.co.tt/sports/female-biker

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "Free-spirited "biker dies following dream.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 08:13:14 AM »
Sad. Wonder how much riding experience she had.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 07:37:21 PM »
Sad, may she rest in peace.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 09:33:54 PM »
Wow,RIP.

1]; } ?>