March 29, 2024, 12:26:15 AM

Author Topic: TTFA vows to pay Hart and Walkes but not remaining coaches  (Read 16092 times)

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA vows to pay Hart and Walkes but not remaining coaches
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2016, 08:38:01 AM »
He has to start seeing the TTFA as a national association and not a club, this is not W Connection, this is Trinidad and Tobago football, and people are starting to think they made a mistake.”
:thinking:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2016, 11:32:56 AM »
Like I've been warning everyone from the get go..

Mostly everything I have said has come to pass..

Get rid of him in her next election or I hope we can go to a no confidence vote sooner to remove him.. I need to review the constitution

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 02:23:30 AM »
Kendall Walkes terminated.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

One year into his three-year contract, director of football, Kendal Walkes has been fired by the T&T Football Association (TTFA). Walkes received his termination letter from the Association’s president David John-Williams via e-mail on Saturday. The letter stated that the Association would pay all debts owed to him for the period during which he was appointed.

Walkes’ salary was reported to be $93,000 monthly. A copy of a recent Board meeting suggested that FIFA had advised the Association to renegotiate the salary being paid to the director. Contacted yesterday, Walkes said John-Williams and the TTFA were in breach of the contract.

He said he has advised his lawyers to write FIFA requesting its response to the embattled federation on his contract, as he does not believe the governing body for football, would give such a mandate since his contract was accepted by the FIFA when it was first negotiated.

Walkes explained while he does not believe in settling issues by engaging in mud-slinging in public, he believes the TTFA president is reluctant to accept that he had an authentic contract with the football federation, which was signed by former president Raymond Tim Kee.

Walkes’ legal team which comprises Andre Lord and Melissa Roberts-John, yesterday filed a motion in the High Court to confirm his contract with the football association. It will then proceed with actions to recover monies owed to him.   

It is understood that Tim Kee who was replaced following a hotly contested election on November 29 last year, contacted John-Williams a few months ago to confirm the authentication of Walkes’ contract. When contacted, Tim Kee confirmed he did sign a contract with Walkes, who has coached at the West Chester University in the United States for 25 years.

Ironically, Walkes never applied for the TTFA job. Instead, it was offered to him by  former general secretary Sheldon Phillip. Walkes, who took over from Anton Corneal in 2014, said the federation has failed to honour payment of his earnings since November last year, when John-Williams assumed office.

He said monies owed to him amounted to approximately US$75,000, but although he was told that it would be paid, when he checked with his bank,  he saw only $3,000. Apart from the past five months, Walkes will have to be paid  for another two years if his services are terminated, according to his contract.

Walkes and his family were forced to relocate from the United States after he signed with the TTFA, but yesterday he said family members were in shambles when he broke the news to them. “They are in shambles but I have to stand up and stay strong,” Walkes said.

Calls to John-Williams and general secretary Azaad Khan remained unanswered.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 09:04:08 AM »
This is Messy!  I can understand or better yet appreciate both sides position.  On one hand you have a man who uprooted family to come to TnT for a minimum 3 year period.  He has the added insult of not having being paid, only for it to be further compounded with termination of the contract and the position of the FA is that he only gets paid up until when he was terminated.  Hardly seems even the least bit fair to him and his family.  On the other Williams is in a dubious position as he would like to appoint someone of his choosing which isn't at all a preposterous desire.  I would hope that this matter is here only after failed attempts to settle amicably however I have no faith that that is indeed the case.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 10:50:42 AM »
That's a tough situation for Walkes, having to deal with a change in Presidency. Even worse for his family who all relocated. I don't know but I feel as if this situation could've had a more diplomatic resolution, from the info provided it seemed like the new federation just ignored Walkes, or had no clue of his role/responsibilities, or his contract in general.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 11:31:21 AM »
People giving Williams too much of a pass on this one.  This is nothing short of absolute disrespect for Walkes, his family and his situation, as well as a disregard for what's best for the FA.  It has been confirmed that there was a valid contract in place for Walkes, yet Williams from the get-go has been insistent on bringing in his own people.  Unless Walkes is absolutely unqualified for the position, and that's not at all the case, then he should be given the opportunity to fulfill his contract. 

Personal preferences might work when it's your business/toy that you're playing with.  In this case this is other people's money, namely TTFA money you're playing with.  Just as he disregarded Phillips' contract in refusing to honor it (after Tim Kee illegally breached it), Williams was eager to disregard the contract with Walkes, and now it will be the TTFA to pay.  They will be left paying two people for the same job.  Part of me feels this is him saying "oh, you feel we owe you money?  Well stand in line behind everybody else, whenever you get paid you'll get paid."

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 11:34:28 AM »
People giving Williams too much of a pass on this one.  This is nothing short of absolute disrespect for Walkes, his family and his situation, as well as a disregard for what's best for the FA.  It has been confirmed that there was a valid contract in place for Walkes, yet Williams from the get-go has been insistent on bringing in his own people.  Unless Walkes is absolutely unqualified for the position, and that's not at all the case, then he should be given the opportunity to fulfill his contract. 

Personal preferences might work when it's your business/toy that you're playing with.  In this case this is other people's money, namely TTFA money you're playing with.  Just as he disregarded Phillips' contract in refusing to honor it (after Tim Kee illegally breached it), Williams was eager to disregard the contract with Walkes, and now it will be the TTFA to pay.  They will be left paying two people for the same job.  Part of me feels this is him saying "oh, you feel we owe you money?  Well stand in line behind everybody else, whenever you get paid you'll get paid."

Cosign!!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 12:06:28 PM »
Like I've been warning everyone from the get go..

Mostly everything I have said has come to pass..

Get rid of him in her next election or I hope we can go to a no confidence vote sooner to remove him.. I need to review the constitution

I said this the day he threw his hat in the ring. Not one person on this site concurred with me. The Press acted as if they were mentally challenged on this matter. Sancho shouldn't have been MOS. Warner and his children shouldn't have been allowed to compromise themselves for years and like a real banana republic we take a Club owner and make him TTFA Presdient.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2016, 12:10:08 PM »
This is nothing short of absolute disrespect for Walkes, his family and his situation, as well as a disregard for what's best for the FA.

Agree!

A valid contract is a valid contract. Williams knew of the contract while campaigning... no? Mr Hart, keep your eye out.. it may well be that you're next as have been voiced here by others.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2016, 12:14:53 PM »
This is nothing short of absolute disrespect for Walkes, his family and his situation, as well as a disregard for what's best for the FA.

Agree!

A valid contract is a valid contract. Williams knew of the contract while campaigning... no? Mr Hart, keep your eye out.. it may well be that you're next as have been voiced here by others.

As we have seen, legal procedure does bear fruit in TT.

In addition I am sure he can get additional damages. It might take a while but you go buss yuh head if you don't honour contracts.
Ask Camps.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2016, 03:33:14 PM »
I said this the day he threw his hat in the ring. Not one person on this site concurred with me. The Press acted as if they were mentally challenged on this matter. Sancho shouldn't have been MOS. Warner and his children shouldn't have been allowed to compromise themselves for years and like a real banana republic we take a Club owner and make him TTFA Presdient.

VB

VB, I have no beef with you. But after what we have been thru for the past 30 years with Jack, we wanted "anything'  but the holdovers from Jack era. This was one of the fairest elections we had in decades. He won "fair and square". We on the site did not vote. If anybody on the forum wanted to go for the position, they could have thrown their hat in the ring.

Am I disappointed, Friggin Yes!!!. Plus, Kendal is MY Buddy. NO f--king apologies about his appointment. Because I KNOW he can contribute to football in TT, especially grassroots.  Unfortunately he was caught up in this transition. Toombs is a good man. He is a Family Man. He is an intelligent Trini. He doh encourage slackness or take bullshit. He demands excellence. He is a product of Cynthia and Mr. Walkes of Belmont, St. Margrets, Progressive, Touring Teens, Carlyle Mason, Chicken Leotaud, Roderick Warner, Jap Brown, Jimmy Blanc, Alvin Corneal, D'Romans, Peterborough, Malvern, Teachers Training College, Davis and Elkins, West Va and West Chester U, PA.,  TT Youth and Senior teams.

John Williams can't tell ME that Tombs is not the right man for the job. Maybe not his man.  So formuites, forgive me  for the tantrum. That is all I have to say.

Toombs, Sylvia and KJ, Love and Blessings.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:38:01 PM by Deeks »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2016, 05:46:44 PM »
Wit all due respect Deeks. When it come to DJW....yuh well naive.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2016, 07:01:41 PM »
Wit all due respect Deeks. When it come to DJW....yuh well naive.

I was not naïve. Is the chance we took. He eh working out the way we expected.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 11:14:50 PM »
93k per month (alleged) and you cant pay players or coaches?

National teams have no money to travel?

Smh

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2016, 02:42:02 AM »
TTFA not saying much over alleged sacking of employee.
T&T Express Reports.

THE Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) responded yesterday to reports alleging it had sacked its former technical director Kendall Walkes over the weekend. The TTFA never acknowledged it had sacked Walkes as reported, only stating, in a media release, that it would not speak on the issue, and that the report carried in a daily newspaper contained inaccuracies.

The TTFA release said: “The TTFA, as a responsible employer, will respect the privacy of its contractual relationship with its employees. It will refrain from commenting on the details mentioned in the article and the comments attributed to Mr. Walkes, except to note that the article contains several material inaccuracies.”

Yesterday, it was reported that Walkes was relieved of his job as technical director, having assumed the post a few months ago under the former TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee’s administration. Walkes is reportedly considering taking up the matter in court. It was also reported that Walkes earned $93,000 a month and had not been paid since November when current TTFA boss David John-Williams was installed as president.

The TTFA said it needed to defend its reputation.

“Mere days before two crucial World Cup Qualifying games against St Vincent and the Grenadines, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is forced to respond to an article (which appeared in a daily newspaper) to protect its name and reputation,” the release stated.

“Under the headline ‘Walkes Terminated’ an article published (yesterday) makes a number of assertions about the contractual relationship between the TTFA and one of its employees. Suffice to say that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association takes its responsibilities very seriously and at all times makes decisions that it believes to be in the best, current and longer term, interest of Trinidad and Tobago football.”

Related News

TTFA stay mum on Walkes issue.
T&T Express Reports.

THE TRINIDAD and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has stayed mum on the issue regarding their director of football Kendall Walkes.

It was reported in a daily newspaper yesterday that Walkes’ contract was terminated by the local governing body and the TT FA, in an immediate media release, admitted that they were “forced to respond to protect its name and reputation”.

According to the media release, “the TT FA, as a responsible employer, will respect the privacy of its contractual relationship with its employees.

It will refrain from commenting on the details mentioned in the article and the comments attributed to Walkes, except to note that the article contains several material inaccuracies.”

The media release ended, “suffice to say that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association takes its responsibilities very seriously and at all times makes decisions that it believes to be in the best, current and longer term, interest of Trinidad and Tobago football.” Efforts to reach Walkes, as well as TT FA president David John-Williams, proved futile up to press time last evening.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:56:22 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2016, 04:47:04 AM »
Tim Kee was paying this man $93,000 a month and we players (men and women) and coaches wasn't getting paid for months?

This is madness.

Walkes better walk we, he eh deserve that money, this is crazy.

And he have to be a real kakahole to leave de US and pack up he family to come back to T&T knowing that Tim Kee is a set up man and election was around de corner, he shoulda get he money first and then come back, it good, Tim Kee screw up him up.

I hate Clown Williams, but if he let him go, I woulda do de same too,,,,, I not paying no one $93,000 a month and we have nothing left ova for de players and de coaches, f00ck that.

Ah backing Clown Williams on this one.

That contract sign under Tim Kee, it eh having nothing to do with de new TTFA and if it has, then pay him off and send him back to de US.

These people really taking advantage boy.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:50:03 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 06:46:24 AM »
Sam, Breds I know Kendal can do the wuk as long as they eh play politics. He qualify to do the work, and has been doing what was required and willing and able to do much more.  To say he should not leave the US and come to work is disengenuous. He is a Trini. He played for TT in the "bun and  sweet drink" days and got nothing. He went away, studied and acquire the knowledge and experience to run a national program, and you saying he is fool to come home to take the job. TT is home, Breds. We all say we want knowledgeable people, local coaches to lazy, this and that, etc. Toombs eh no bullshitter, Breds. He has been a go getter from long time. He took the job seriously and is willing to fullfil his commitment. When the women's team went Brazil and the coach had to come back because of prior commitment, who stepped in. It was Kendal. And the team played their best game on tour despite the lost. Toombs eh out to rip off TT. He is for real. That is why he brought his family.

Unfortunately, he got caught in a change of administration.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2016, 08:02:55 AM »
Sam, Breds I know Kendal can do the wuk as long as they eh play politics. He qualify to do the work, and has been doing what was required and willing and able to do much more.  To say he should not leave the US and come to work is disengenuous. He is a Trini. He played for TT in the "bun and  sweet drink" days and got nothing. He went away, studied and acquire the knowledge and experience to run a national program, and you saying he is fool to come home to take the job. TT is home, Breds. We all say we want knowledgeable people, local coaches to lazy, this and that, etc. Toombs eh no bullshitter, Breds. He has been a go getter from long time. He took the job seriously and is willing to fullfil his commitment. When the women's team went Brazil and the coach had to come back because of prior commitment, who stepped in. It was Kendal. And the team played their best game on tour despite the lost. Toombs eh out to rip off TT. He is for real. That is why he brought his family.

Unfortunately, he got caught in a change of administration.

Your f00cking head real hard we, who say he is a fool to come home and take a job?

He is a c00ont to believe in de TTFA and Tim Kee and shoulda get he money up front before yuh pack up yuh family and come home.

Deeks, how you mean, who step in when de team was in Brazil !!!! he have no f00cking choice, he was getting paid $93,000 a month, he better step in, wha yuh wanted, for him to sit there and he making all that?? that was his job.

He went away and studied, so T&T have to pay for that? It have thousands here who went away to study

I dont care if he is Santana.

$93,000 a month is fo0cking ridiculous !!!!

Time for he to go home.

We could put that money to better use.

He costing more than Leo.

I eh saying he not good, but $93,000 a month, then who knows they probably have to give him a car, house, etc on top of that !!!!

He is de PM.

He here more than six months now and yuh cah hear from him, only now he get mouth because he want he money, so yuh hearing from him everyday now, all de time, nobody eh even know if we have a TD in T&T.

What program he plan since he came home, tell meh nah?

All de players, men and women players put together (youth and senior) doh get so much for de month when they play for T&T.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:47:50 AM by Sam »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2016, 09:12:43 AM »
Sam yuh songin like ah ignorant jackass!!  If we want the atmosphere in our football to change we have to employ people who have the actual know how and qualifications.  Even better we should much rather that we get one of our own who actually took the time to become the type of professional necessary to help steer us out of the bullshit.  It have to start somewhere.  Aside from that yuh backing williams in breaching a contract?  Do you know how absolutely dotish yuh sounding?!!  So in the end you will rather see him sue the federation, get his moneys (because he will win!) and not having had to actually put in the work for which he is capable?  And who de ass tell you is he job was to step in in Brazil for the coach?  Where else in the world is that the standard.  So because he from Trini he doh deserve to be paid a salary commensurate to experience?  It doh have nowhere in the world where you can lure someone already employed and not pay significantly for it.  And how you know, he know anything about RTK being a set up man?  Is because of this jackass thinking why we always overpaying foreigners instead of appreciating when one of we own take pride in coming back to help fix things.  I guess yuh musse go feel better with Shabazz or one of these other incompetent imps in the position.  Steups 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 09:32:32 AM »
Sam yuh songin like ah ignorant jackass!!  If we want the atmosphere in our football to change we have to employ people who have the actual know how and qualifications.  Even better we should much rather that we get one of our own who actually took the time to become the type of professional necessary to help steer us out of the bullshit.  It have to start somewhere.  Aside from that yuh backing williams in breaching a contract?  Do you know how absolutely dotish yuh sounding?!!  So in the end you will rather see him sue the federation, get his moneys (because he will win!) and not having had to actually put in the work for which he is capable?  And who de ass tell you is he job was to step in in Brazil for the coach?  Where else in the world is that the standard.  So because he from Trini he doh deserve to be paid a salary commensurate to experience?  It doh have nowhere in the world where you can lure someone already employed and not pay significantly for it.  And how you know, he know anything about RTK being a set up man?  Is because of this jackass thinking why we always overpaying foreigners instead of appreciating when one of we own take pride in coming back to help fix things.  I guess yuh musse go feel better with Shabazz or one of these other incompetent imps in the position.  Steups 

C00ont, yuh cant hire what you cant afford. It have nothing to do with qualification or if yuh from T&T.

Simple like that.

Everybody connected to T&T right now is TRINI!!!! wha shit yuh talking.... who say bring a foreigner?

Who say he should not get paid? Pay him what he is owed and f00ck away after that.

Tim Kee work for Jack, he just as bad, everybody know de TTFA reputation, this is nothing new.

They hire a man out of de blues and paying him what they can't afford, while de players, Hart and his assistants, Phillips, Latas, Anton, and de rest, etc, etc,,,, have not gotten paid in MONTHS !!!! and you telling me I sounding stupid, man, go from f00cking here nah.

You cant spend all yuh money on staff alone, it have other things that need to be taken care of.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:44:48 AM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 09:42:43 AM »
$14,074.83 USD a MONTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He better than de f00cking president !!!!!!!

He in T&T over 6 months now, what have he done to deserve that?

Yuh pay a man so much and have nothing left over to run a program then ent yuh spinning top in mud?

Yuh paying for nothing then, because he go still can't do he wok.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:45:49 AM by Sam »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2016, 09:53:00 AM »
Sam how in the world you will get your money upfront for a 4 year contract, unless is prince Faisal hiring you.The best you may get is half upfront, then the rest on the end of your contract.  And to say you were not hearing  nothing from him is not true. There were videos of him doing coaching in the country side. Also some of the things he wanted to had to take back seat because of the new administration.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:57:17 PM by Deeks »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2016, 10:07:56 AM »
Deeks, go and f00cking sleep nah.

$14,074.83 USD a MONTH could do a lot of things for T&T football than coaching in the country side once every 6 months.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2016, 11:04:01 AM »
That is real small money for a technical director of a national program.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys.

14k USD per month is $168 thousand a year. Small money.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2016, 12:02:00 PM »

Doh study Sam and he belligerent bullshit.  He musse feel man does do dem job fuh 60k/year smh.  I understand he point about not hiring people when yuh cannot pay and it is a valid point, but pay him and let him go is retarded.  Doh pay him and have to pay lawyers then pay him is even more stupid.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2016, 12:37:10 PM »

Add he expenses to.

That is small money for a federation who have money, not a federation who owe 10 people millions, have no sponsors and a smartman running it.

You can't spend what you don't have especially on a man who eh even make a mark on de international scene. $14k US a month is a lot to spend on a man out of college.

When you operating a broke federation, you have to spend wiser, a Technical Director is worthless when you dont have the money to back him up.

So allyuh want them to pay Walkes and leave de rest of de staff and players with what?

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:38:53 PM by Sam »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2016, 02:20:35 PM »

Add he expenses to.

That is small money for a federation who have money, not a federation who owe 10 people millions, have no sponsors and a smartman running it.

You can't spend what you don't have especially on a man who eh even make a mark on de international scene. $14k US a month is a lot to spend on a man out of college.

When you operating a broke federation, you have to spend wiser, a Technical Director is worthless when you dont have the money to back him up.

So allyuh want them to pay Walkes and leave de rest of de staff and players with what?

Nobody not of the belief (at least I doh think so) that is small money for TTFA.  The fact is though, is small money for that title throughout the industry of sports and sports administration/management.  This is a no win situation for TTFA and Walkes because even though Walkes will eventually get the money (by virtue of a court judgment), there is no telling when it will actually physically happen.  The problem here though is that it could have ramifications for our football in FIFA as our FA and NTs could end up being sanctioned.  RTK do shit with da contract on many levels.  Considering the FA has had to rely most on government for financial support, that was very irresponsible.  The best thing the FA can honestly do here is keep him because they will end up paying him, his legal fees when they lose the case, and still also pay someone else to fill that title/role.  So from a business point of view this is the worst possible approach being taken by Williams.  The question is, what can they really afford to pay?  Remember yuh get what yuh pay for most of the time.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2016, 02:25:09 PM »
Walkes was not getting paid $93,000 TTD per month. His salary was $60,000 TTD per month which the TTFA split with SPORTT 55%/45%. However, SPORTT never paid their 55% and when the old TTFA was still in power, they paid the full 100% of his salary with the understanding that SPORTT will take up his salary when their funding arrived.

Looks as though it never did.

Walkes was getting less that Anton Corneal and LP.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2016, 02:34:01 PM »
What they say about opinions is really true yes.  Every FA gets developmental funding from FIFA on an annual basis.  In the case of the TTFA, last figures I'm aware of it was to the tune of $250,000 USD a year.  FIFA declined to make payment to any FA who did not have a TD on staff, so until and unless Tim Kee had hired Walkes (or someone else) FIFA was not going to make that payment.  They get a damn good TD at a reasonable price, now everybody bumping they gum about how it was such a bad thing that the old administration do.  Sometimes it pays to have a bit more facts before criticizing.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2016, 02:48:09 PM »
What they say about opinions is really true yes.  Every FA gets developmental funding from FIFA on an annual basis.  In the case of the TTFA, last figures I'm aware of it was to the tune of $250,000 USD a year. FIFA declined to make payment to any FA who did not have a TD on staff, so until and unless Tim Kee had hired Walkes (or someone else) FIFA was not going to make that payment.  They get a damn good TD at a reasonable price, now everybody bumping they gum about how it was such a bad thing that the old administration do.  Sometimes it pays to have a bit more facts before criticizing.

"Walkes was getting less than Anton Corneal and LP."  Williams making an ass move here and nothing good can come of it!

1]; } ?>