April 25, 2024, 08:56:11 AM

Author Topic: 2015 Outdoor predictions  (Read 6012 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2015 Outdoor predictions
« on: May 14, 2015, 07:08:39 PM »
My predictions for this season

Trinbago
- Machel Cedenio will run sub 45
- Michelle Lee Ahye will run 10.7x and get NR in both 100 and 200
- Womens 4x100 will break NR
- Men's 4x400m will break NR once Lendore comes into the picture
- Keshorn Walcott will break NR
- Josanne Lucas will regain her 2009 form. (A close source told me she is in good shape)
- TT will have their best WC. 5 medals

Jamaica
- Bolt will look human this year (Word out is that he is not in sub 10 shape)..My money on Gatlin
- Watch out for Powell
- Watch out for E Thompson
- Donkey kong (Francis) is going to get better
- Jam will lose to US in men 4x100

Post any predictions you have. I will add to this as the season unfolds
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:04:52 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Outdoor predictions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 10:57:11 PM »
United States

They will dominate both men and women 100m hurdles (They have a handful of hurdlers who can win in Beijing)

Their young up and coming sprinters Friday, Brommell, Kaylin Whitney will all have their breakthrough senior year on the International circuit.

Olympic Champion Alyson Felix will prove she is still a handful in the 200m. If she can return to her 2012 form she will win in Beijing.

They will win the most medals in the Sport of Track and Field in Beijing.

Trinidad and Tobago

I still believe we have a good chance of winning 4x400 Men Gold in Beijing

MLA will be a threat in both 100m and 200m in Beijing. If she improves her PB she will assure herself a medal.

Jehue will have a good year, Same for KAB, Lendore, Cedenio and Cleopatra.

Jamaica

Bolt will win in Beijing.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:08:11 PM by Sando prince »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 08:05:55 AM »
United States

They will dominate both men and women 100m hurdles (They have a handful of hurdlers who can win in Beijing)

Their young up and coming sprinters Friday, Brommell, Kaylin Whitney will all have their breakthrough senior year on the International circuit.

Olympic Champion Alyson Felix will prove she is still a handful in the 200m. If she can return to her 2012 form she will win in Beijing.

They will win the most medals in the Sport of Track and Field in Beijing.

Trinidad and Tobago

I still believe we have a good chance of winning 4x400 Men Gold in Beijing

MLA will be a threat in both 100m and 200m in Beijing. If she improves her PB she will assure herself a medal.

Jehue will have a good year, Same for KAB, Lendore, Cedenio and Cleopatra.

Jamaica

Bolt will win in Beijing.

Yes. The Americans will win at least 4 medals in the short hurdles. Stowers is a beast. I can't see Sally Pearson getting the better of  Stowers.

Gold is a stretch for 4x400.. Even with Lendore. Now that all 3 Borlees are running good times and Jamaica finding their legs in the 4x400.. we may have a fight on our hands.

Bolt will need to run 9.7 to win in Beijing. He is not in that shape at all. In fact he injured himself in Bahamas.

Don't forget about that great white hope Prandini. I think she is a senior.. She will be a contender in Beijing if the NCAA season does not burn her out.

Brommell is still a junior. If he runs a legal  9.8.. That will be enough grounds to turn pro.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »

gawd on pitch keep in mind we are posting predictions

an athlete can run one superb race next week and change your prediction  :D

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 11:07:04 AM »
Yeah I realize Sando. Thanks for participating. Your input is valued.

Speaking about Stowers .. She just cleaned up a high quality field in Doha. She ran 12.36

I waiting to see Socapro predictions. I always see his post on Caribbean track and field forum.. so I know he go put a spin on this. Soca.. where yuh dey
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:10:14 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 01:04:12 PM »
Funny I made a prediction yesterday about Felix returning to her 2012 form. Guess how fast she ran today in Doha hmmm

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »
gawd on pitch you want to change your prediction about the men 4x400 now?  :D

Anyway Brommel just ran 9.91. I will make another prediction by saying he will run in the 9.8's range this season

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 06:03:53 PM »

Anyway Brommel just ran 9.91. I will make another prediction by saying he will run in the 9.8's range this season

Yes Sando. With Cedenio 44.36, Gold is no longer a stretch.. Especially considering the form that Lashawn Merritt is in. If Merritt returns to the low 44 high 43 range.. We will have to fight for that gold.. Or should I say Cedenio and Merritt will be fighting for it on the final leg.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cedenio runs under 44.3. He has it in him.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 12:50:19 AM »

Yes Sando. With Cedenio 44.36, Gold is no longer a stretch.. Especially considering the form that Lashawn Merritt is in. If Merritt returns to the low 44 high 43 range.. We will have to fight for that gold.. Or should I say Cedenio and Merritt will be fighting for it on the final leg.

You guys are being very presumptuous here. What makes you so sure that Cedenio will be placed on anchor as it could very well be Lendore especially if Lendore wins the 400m final at Senior Champs.

I believe that whoever wins our national trials 400m final will be placed on anchor if our relay team management is being fair and sensible.

Let’s say that in the national 400m final our guys place in order below based on current form (note PB's are mentioned for reference):-

1st Deon Lendore (PB 44.36)
2nd Machel Cedenio (PB 44.36)
3rd Lalonde Gordon (PB 44.52)
4th Jarrin Solomon (PB 44.98)
5th Renny Quow (PB 44.53)
6th Carlyle Roudette (PB 45.66)
7th Jereem Richards (PB 45.91)
8th Ade Alleyne-Forte (PB 46.13)

Then I would expect our 6 member 4x4 relay pool for Beijing to comprise of the top 6 from the National Trials 400m final as per the NAAA's selection rules and for the top 4 to be considered as our A-team for the 4x400m final in Beijing with the winner being rewarded with the anchor job in the final.

So whoever between Lendore and Cedenio that wins at national trials should be considered as our fastest man and should be rewarded with the anchor job to go up against Merritt or whoever else that the USA puts to anchor for them in the 4x4 final in Beijing.

We cannot assume that it will be Cedenio as it could very well be Lendore who wins the 400m final at national champs which should be one of the most exciting races at our National Champs this year.
Lendore is also a highly experienced anchor man based on his anchor for us at London 2012 Olympics for the bronze medal and he also anchors very regularly for his college team Texas A&M in the USA and always does a very reliable job.

So based upon our six-member 4x4 relay pool for Beijing being

who place in that order in our upcoming 400m final at National Champs, this is how I would rotate the 4x4 relay team in Beijing to assure that we have our A-Team at its freshest in the 4x400 final.

This rotation also takes into consideration that at least two of the top 3 members of our 4x4 relay A-team might need some rest after running the rounds and possibly the 400m final in Beijing.

Let’s assume that Lendore, Cedenio and Gordon are the top 3 from National Trials and all run the 400m rounds in Beijing but only two of them make the 400m final.

This is how I would run our 4x400m relay team in the Heats and Final to give our two fastest guys who make the 400m final in Beijing some rest so that they are as fresh as possible for the 4x400m final.

4x400m Heats (Our B-Team):-
1st leg Renny Quow, 2nd leg Jarrin Solomon, 3rd leg Carlyle Roudette & 4th leg (whoever between Lendore, Cedenio or Gordon that does not make the individual 400m Final)

4x400m Final (Our A-Team):-
1st leg Lalonde Gordon, 2nd leg Jarrin Solomon, 3rd leg Machel Cedenio & 4th leg Deon Lendore.

NB:
Solomon can be replaced by Quow on 2nd leg in the 4x4 final depending on which of them showed better from in the 4x4 Heats and also Cedenio and Lendore can swop legs in the final depending on which of them wins the 400m final at National Champs with the winner being rewarded with anchor.

I think with above rotation fully using our relay pool our chances of beating the USA and other teams and winning gold in Beijing will be maximized. The above rotation also ensures that every man that is in our relay pool contributes towards our team winning gold in Beijing. No one would have travelled all the way to Beijing as part of our 4x4 relay pool and not get a chance to run and contribute which should lead to the best possible team morale.

We also have an extra option for our 4x4 relay pool in Beijing which is Jehue Gordon who could be used on anchor in the 4x4 Heats but only if his schedules allow it and the 4x4 relay heats come after the 400m Hurdles final which Jehue will hopefully be involved in as defending champion.
This Jehue Gordon option will also be useful if all three of our top 400m men (Lendore, Cedenio and Gordon) make the 400m final (which would be historic as only the USA has achieved this I believe) so we can keep all three of them as fresh as possible for the 4x400m final.

On a related note if all 3 of our top quarter-milers make the 400m final in Beijing then we will naturally be considered as favourites for winning gold in the 4x400m relay and anything less can be considered a failure by our relay team from that point based on our 400m talent so the pressure and expectation will be on T&T to deliver a gold medal in the 4x400m final. This is why our performance in the 4x400m relay final at the 2014 Commonwealth Games can be considered as a major disappointment as we had 3 members of that relay team in the individual 400m final while none of the other competing countries were able to achieve that feat.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:31:16 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 07:40:12 AM »

You guys are being very presumptuous here. What makes you so sure that Cedenio will be placed on anchor as it could very well be Lendore especially if Lendore wins the 400m final at Senior Champs.

I believe that whoever wins our national trials 400m final will be placed on anchor if our relay team management is being fair and sensible.

Let’s say that in the national 400m final our guys place in order below based on current form (note PB's are mentioned for reference):-

Then I would expect our 6 member 4x4 relay pool for Beijing to comprise of the top 6 from the National Trials 400m final as per the NAAA's selection rules and for the top 4 to be considered as our A-team for the 4x400m final in Beijing with the winner being rewarded with the anchor job in the final.

So whoever between Lendore and Cedenio that wins at national trials should be considered as our fastest man and should be rewarded with the anchor job to go up against Merritt or whoever else that the USA puts to anchor for them in the 4x4 final in Beijing.

We cannot assume that it will be Cedenio as it could very well be Lendore who wins the 400m final at national champs which should be one of the most exciting races at our National Champs this year.
Lendore is also a highly experienced anchor man based on his anchor for us at London 2012 Olympics for the bronze medal and he also anchors very regularly for his college team Texas A&M in the USA and always does a very reliable job.

who place in that order in our upcoming 400m final at National Champs, this is how I would rotate the 4x4 relay team in Beijing to assure that we have our A-Team at its freshest in the 4x400 final.

This rotation also takes into consideration that at least two of the top 3 members of our 4x4 relay A-team might need some rest after running the rounds and possibly the 400m final in Beijing.

Let’s assume that Lendore, Cedenio and Gordon are the top 3 from National Trials and all run the 400m rounds in Beijing but only two of them make the 400m final.

This is how I would run our 4x400m relay team in the Heats and Final to give our two fastest guys who make the 400m final in Beijing some rest so that they are as fresh as possible for the 4x400m final.

1st leg Renny Quow, 2nd leg Jarrin Solomon, 3rd leg Carlyle Roudette & 4th leg (whoever between Lendore, Cedenio or Gordon that does not make the individual 400m Final)

1st leg Lalonde Gordon, 2nd leg Jarrin Solomon, 3rd leg Machel Cedenio & 4th leg Deon Lendore.

NB:
Solomon can be replaced by Quow on 2nd leg in the 4x4 final depending on which of them showed better from in the 4x4 Heats and also Cedenio and Lendore can swop legs in the final depending on which of them wins the 400m final at National Champs with the winner being rewarded with anchor.

I think with above rotation fully using our relay pool our chances of beating the USA and other teams and winning gold in Beijing will be maximized. The above rotation also ensures that every man that is in our relay pool contributes towards our team winning gold in Beijing. No one would have travelled all the way to Beijing as part of our 4x4 relay pool and not get a chance to run and contribute which should lead to the best possible team morale.

We also have an extra option for our 4x4 relay pool in Beijing which is Jehue Gordon who could be used on anchor in the 4x4 Heats but only if his schedules allow it and the 4x4 relay heats come after the 400m Hurdles final which Jehue will hopefully be involved in as defending champion.
This Jehue Gordon option will also be useful if all three of our top 400m men (Lendore, Cedenio and Gordon) make the 400m final (which would be historic as only the USA has achieved this I believe) so we can keep all three of them as fresh as possible for the 4x400m final.

On a related note if all 3 of our top quarter-milers make the 400m final in Beijing then we will naturally be considered as favourites for winning gold in the 4x400m relay and anything less can be considered a failure by our relay team from that point based on our 400m talent so the pressure and expectation will be on T&T to deliver a gold medal in the 4x400m final. This is why our performance in the 4x400m relay final at the 2014 Commonwealth Games can be considered as a major disappointment as we had 3 members of that relay team in the individual 400m final while none of the other competing countries were able to achieve that feat.

Come on Soca.. Lets not get into labeling each other as this or that. This is just a harmless prediction thread. I do agree with you that whoever finishes 1st at nationals should get the anchor leg. But if I had to make a decision right now (which I did as this is a prediction thread), I would give Cedenio the task for walking down Merritt (which i think is possible based on Merritt's current form).

Glad that you participated in this topic Soca. I always see you making predictions and trying to reason with some of the ignorant Yardies on Caribbean Track and Field forum. So I know you would appreciate a topic like this on here :beermug:

The next big time coming from Gordon. I think we will see him run sub 45 before nationals.

Quow needs to become a more balanced runner. Although his kick towards the end of the race has gotten him good results, he needs to learn to stay closer to the pack. I think thats one of the reasons why he underperformed in Shanghai.

Solomon has the heart of a lion. I think he has a sub 45 in him this year. But I only see him running around 44.7 to 44.9.

Lets pray that Lendore is not burnt out by mid June. He graduates in a few weeks and will be turning pro the moment he crosses the line at the NCAA finals. I am expecting him to take a long rest before Nationals.

Cedenio is very special. The last 19 year old to run under 44.4x was King James. In other words, Cedenio is on pace to enter that James and Merrit rivalry. My guess is that Cedenio will better his 44.36 once he lines up against them in the Diamond League or World champs.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:08:38 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 09:40:35 AM »

NB:

Come on Soca.. Lets not get into labeling each other as this or that. This is just a harmless prediction thread. I do agree with you that whoever finishes 1st at nationals should get the anchor leg. But if I had to make a decision right now (which I did as this is a prediction thread), I would give Cedenio the task for walking down Merritt (which i think is possible based on Merritt's current form).

Glad that you participated in this topic Soca. I always see you making predictions and trying to reason with some of the ignorant Yardies on Caribbean Track and Field forum. So I know you would appreciate a topic like this on here :beermug:

The next big time coming from Gordon. I think we will see him run sub 45 before nationals.

Quow needs to become a more balanced runner. Although his kick towards the end of the race has gotten him good results, he needs to learn to stay closer to the pack. I think thats one of the reasons why he underperformed in Shanghai.

Solomon has the heart of a lion. I think he has a sub 45 in him this year. But I only see him running around 44.7 to 44.9.

Lets pray that Lendore is not burnt out by mid June. He graduates in a few weeks and will be turning pro the moment he crosses the line at the NCAA finals. I am expecting him to take a long rest before Nationals.

Cedenio is very special. The last 19 year old to run under 44.4x was King James. In other words, Cedenio is on pace to enter that James and Merrit rivalry. My guess is that Cedenio will better his 44.36 once he lines up against them in the Diamond League or World champs.

I posted in this thread accidentally thinking I was posting in the 2015 Outdoors Results thread and then realised afterwards that I posted in this thread but decided to leave the post since I spent some valuable little time putting my thoughts together on this topic of our 4x4 team and posting them.

And btw I don't view some of the Yardies as anymore ignorant that some of us Trinis.

Regards the name calling I used the word "presumptuous" as an adjective and not as a noun so it was not name-calling but simply a description of behaviour in this thread. However within the context of this being a prediction thread one would expect participants in this thread to be in "presumptuous" mode as you have to behave like that when making predictions.

PS:
I did eventually intend to take part in this thread but had not yet decided to do so when I posted Reply #8.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:03:43 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 10:34:01 AM »

NB:

I posted in this thread accidentally thinking I was posting in the 2015 Outdoors Results thread and then realised afterwards that I posted in this thread but decided to leave the post since I spent some valuable little time putting my thoughts together on this topic of our 4x4 team and posting them.

And btw I don't view some of the Yardies as anymore ignorant that some of us Trinis.

Regards the name calling I used the word "presumptuous" as an adjective and not as a noun so it was not name-calling but simply a description of behaviour in this thread. However within the context of this being a prediction thread one would expect participants in this thread to be in "presumptuous" mode as you have to behave like that when making predictions.

PS:
I did eventually intend to take part in this thread but had not yet decided to do so when I posted Reply #8.

Dont get me wrong. I not saying yardies are ignorant. I saying that some of them on Caribbean Track and Field are.

Point taken.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 12:24:16 PM »

NB:

PS:

Dont get me wrong. I not saying yardies are ignorant. I saying that some of them on Caribbean Track and Field are.

Point taken.

There are some ignorant folks everywhere but I view them as another test in life to help make us more tolerant and understanding people.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 11:35:55 AM »
http://www.trackalerts.com/Articles/early-prediction-for-female-sprints-for-the-world-championships/13846/

Based on this article, it's going to come down to these women in the 100 and 200:

Allyson Felix 100m,200m
SAFP 100m,200m
VCB 100m,200m
Dafne Schippers 100m,200m
Torie Bowie 100m,200m
MLA 100m,200m
Blessing Okagbare 100m,200m
KAB 100m
Elaine Thompson 100m
Shaunae Miller 200m

Seems about right to me.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 12:12:33 PM »
http://www.trackalerts.com/Articles/early-prediction-for-female-sprints-for-the-world-championships/13846/

Based on this article, it's going to come down to these women in the 100 and 200:

Allyson Felix 100m,200m
SAFP 100m,200m
VCB 100m,200m
Torie Bowie 100m,200m
MLA 100m,200m
KAB 100m
Elaine Thompson 100m
Shaunae Miller 200m

Seems about right to me.

I heard Jeter ran 10.87 recently. is that true? If so then she should not be underestimated.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 12:33:41 PM »

Allyson Felix 100m,200m
SAFP 100m,200m
VCB 100m,200m
Torie Bowie 100m,200m
MLA 100m,200m
KAB 100m
Elaine Thompson 100m
Shaunae Miller 200m

Seems about right to me.

I heard Jeter ran 10.87 recently. is that true? If so then she should not be underestimated.

Just for your information, Jeter ran that time with the help of an illegal 4.5m/s tailwind which works out at about 11.09 in still air conditions..

See link: http://elitetiming.net/live-results/2015/20150516-pure/main.php?file_id=150516F003&name=NTC_Pure_Athletics_Sprint_Elite_Meet_2_-_5/16/2015&website=www.elitettiming.net&address=National_Training_Center_-_Clermont_Fl

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 01:28:20 PM »

gawd on pitch I also don't agree with Felix as a serious threat in 100m. I think she only runs the 100M to make her a stronger 200M sprinter. I don't think she will contest 100m at any major tournament. I doubt she will contest the 100m at the US trials. I would like to see her run more 400m races

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 06:14:03 PM »

gawd on pitch I also don't agree with Felix as a serious threat in 100m. I think she only runs the 100M to make her a stronger 200M sprinter. I don't think she will contest 100m at any major tournament. I doubt she will contest the 100m at the US trials. I would like to see her run more 400m races

Indeed. I think Felix is a better 400m runner than 100m runner. If I was her  , I would be focusing on the longer distance.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 03:41:11 PM »

I have a another prediction. A lot of people will be hating on Gatlin and few other top American athletes this season  :D

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 05:44:38 PM »

I have a another prediction. A lot of people will be hating on Gatlin and few other top American athletes this season  :D

Youre right.. But there is enough proof that more people began hating on Gatlin after his 9.74.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 10:44:48 PM »
gawd on pitch what is your prediction for mens 100m final in Beijing?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2015, 08:50:53 AM »
gawd on pitch what is your prediction for mens 100m final in Beijing?

Good question. I will start by giving you my top 10 (Although I know only 8 will be in the final). This is not in any particular order:

Bracy
Gatlin
Gay
Powell
*Bolt
Carter
**Blake
Vicaut
***Gemili
****1 Trini (Toss up between Bledman or Thompson)

* Seems as if the track world is divided over Bolt's health status. Some say he is close to 90% ready (90% might just be enough to give Gatlin a run).. However, others say he is not in sub 10 and sub 20 form. I think the fact that he hasnt run much indicates that he isnt fully fit. A close source has told me that he might only run one more race before JA trials. I think that says a lot about where he is at.

**Blake hasnt run at all. I heard Blake was scheduled to run last week. However, his management team postponed his return until another date. There is even talk that Blake is not running until JA trials. I think this is also a sign that he is not at least 85% ready. If Blake is fit, he will be in that 100m final in Beijing.

UPDATE
http://www.trackalerts.com/Articles/yahoo-blake-im-back-on-the-track/13933/

He was scheduled to run two Saturdays ago. Looks like he ran this past Saturday. Now they are saying he will run one more race before trials. But still, 21.57 has me wondering what type of form he really is in.

***If Gemili recovers quick enough, he will be in that final.

****Bledman is in much better form than Thompson. However, the past has shown us that Thompson will shrug his poor form by TRI trials and run a sub 10. His recent 10.27 showing has me concerned. If I had to put my money on someone right now, I will probably put it on Bledman. Bledman has so much talent. It really bothers me to see that he is not improving much. I think if he gets his mechanics right he will be ready to compete. A sub 10 better come from one of those. If not, our 4x100m medal may be in jeopardy.

Some are saying that the womens 100m will be the race to watch.

Post your finalist for the 100m Sando.. I think we might be on the same page when it comes to a few..
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:42:15 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 06:42:38 PM »
gawd on pitch I still believe Bolt will win both 100 and 200 in Beijing BUT he has to run close to 9.6 to win anything slower than 9.68 he will be running the risk of being beaten by Gatlin. Keep in mind we probably have not seen Gatlin PB for the season thus far, but I doubt his PB will be faster than 9.68.

As for our T&T men in the 100 and 200. I doubt we will see any of them in the finals. I want them to prove me wrong but I have to base my predictions on recent performances.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 01:41:59 PM »
gawd on pitch I still believe Bolt will win both 100 and 200 in Beijing BUT he has to run close to 9.6 to win anything slower than 9.68 he will be running the risk of being beaten by Gatlin. Keep in mind we probably have not seen Gatlin PB for the season thus far, but I doubt his PB will be faster than 9.68.

As for our T&T men in the 100 and 200. I doubt we will see any of them in the finals. I want them to prove me wrong but I have to base my predictions on recent performances.

I read an article yesterday about Bolt being in top shape for the New York Diamond league meet this Saturday. I think even if he is around 90%, I still think he will beat Gatlin in Beijing.

Bolt needs to run sub 19.9 this weekend.. Anything less will show that he isn't ready for Gatlin. I seen Bolts last 200m race, he made it look HARD.

Gatlin could have run 9.71 or 9.72 last week. He slowed down in the last 3m or so. Still he will be very lucky if he goes below 9.69. I can't see him running 9.68.

Now the Trinis. I already know that  Thompson ain't making the final with his current form. Neither will Bledman. I think one will run a sub 10 by Beijing. Hopefully Trials shows us a different story about our male sprinters.

I think we need another sub 10 runner to secure a medal in the 4x100. Great Britain is no longer on our heels. They are about to pass us if we don't get a sub 10 from Burns, Sorrillo,  Brown, Callender or even Farinha.

Anyone know the status of Sorrillo or Burns?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 12:52:20 PM »
gawd on pitch what are your predictions for the US trials?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »

Men 100m
1 Gatlin (Not sure if he is running)
2 Bromell
3 Gay
4 Bracy
5 Rodgers

I think these guys will beat JA in 4x100.

Womens 100m

1 Bowie
2 Gardner
3 Prandini
4 Jeter
5 Tarmoh

I am planning to watch tonight. I will give you more predictions after the prelims of the other events.

What do you think? Give me your predictions

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 04:05:32 PM »

Men 100m
2 Bromell
3 Gay
4 Bracy
5 Rodgers

Womens 100m

1 Bowie
2 Gardner
3 Prandini
4 Jeter
5 Tarmoh

I am planning to watch tonight. I will give you more predictions after the prelims of the other events.

Links to videos of US Trials 100m Heats posted in this thread: International Track & Field News Thread (featuring Top Non-T&T Athletes)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 05:34:21 PM »

Men 100m
2 Bromell
3 Gay
4 Bracy
5 Rodgers

Womens 100m

1 Bowie
2 Gardner
3 Prandini
4 Jeter
5 Tarmoh

Just 100m predictions?

Not sure if Brommel will beat Gay but it's hard to predict Gatlin not winning. Not just winning but in a fast time too.

For the women Bowie will win and second is a toss up between Gardner and the vet Jeter.

I will post the videos in this thread later.

I want to see the battle in the women 400 between Felix, McCroy and Richards

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:37:45 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 09:54:45 AM »
^^ all my predictions with the exception of Gatlin came true (he did not even run). I wasn't sure about the young Brommel beating Gay and he didnt.. He iz only nineteen so a bright future him. My prediction on Bowie came true.

Women 400m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhb1fpcHGQk

Men 100m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN-a-b7c7JM

Women 100m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUCIFelZLh0

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2015, 12:52:25 PM »
Looks like Felix may just do the 200, 400 double in Biejing

Any predictions?  I predict she easily win the 200 (although I want one of our T&T athletes to prove me wrong)

The 400 may be tougher for her. Will not be surprise if she win both even with the challenging schedule that makes it more difficult for her to double. 

1]; } ?>