April 19, 2024, 08:02:14 PM

Author Topic: Julius proud to fly T&T's flag, but aches for a call-up.  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Julius proud to fly T&T's flag, but aches for a call-up.
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:48:25 AM »
Julius proud to fly T&T's flag, but aches for a call-up.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Trinidad and Tobago international defender Julius James who has been running out for the San Antonio Scorpions and is quietly making a name for himself having helped guide his team to the 2014 Soccer Bowl Championships, their first NASL title.

San Antonio Scorpions is an American professional soccer team based in San Antonio, Texas, United States. Founded in 2010, the team made its debut in the North American Soccer League in 2012 and currently play at Toyota Field.

The newly crowned historic Soccer Bowl Champions were also runners-up in the 2014 Woosnam Cup, they are coached by Canadian-born Alen Marcina and are packed with many talents from; France, Colombia, Costa Rica, Poland, Mexico, El Salvador, USA and off course Trinidad and Tobago to name a few.

Former North East Stars and current T&T striker Trevin Caesar is also there with the team and has the backing of countryman Julius James who has been a rock in defense for the Scorpions who have shown interests and are pushing for a spot in the MLS.

As for the well travelled former Columbus Crew man, Julius James, 30, it has been a revelation for him. Since 2006 the former Under 17 T&T captain has played for 7 teams and have now found a home and has settled in comfortably in the central defense for the Scorpions.

"This season we broke multiple records, one of which I am particularly proud off, which is, least amount of goal conceded in a season in the history of the league."

"Also, last Saturday we played in the NASL Soccer Bowl Championship game and we won, I was the captain in this game as I was during many other games in the season, so I was very happy to lead the team to glory."

"This championship was the first soccer trophy for City of San Antonio and for the Club as well."

"Flex, I find it so strange that this hasn't been featured at all back home. I am flying our flag high and representing T&T to the fullest."

"I might be one of a small group of Trinbagonians to have won any professional football championships for the year? or furthermore, make history. Yet still its not being mentioned."

"I think I have a good idea why though, maybe because I haven't been called up to the national team in over 3 years? and things will look fishy if its featured that I am doing well and wasn't given the chance to play for my country?"

"T&T has been good to me and I have been following T&T progress and the guys are really doing T&T proud, the coach seems like he has the right ingredients to succeed and has gotten the best out of the guys, I would love to be part of that, if given the opportunity. I hope the coach has me in his plans cause I want to play and is still very much capable."

"I also would like to wish our ladies team good luck on December 2nd, they are really making T&T proud, they must stay focus and get the job done, I met a few of them while they were in Dallas and they are very special, I hope the country goes all out with full support for them, ended James."

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so providing they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Julius proud to fly T&T's flag, but aches for a call-up.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 10:34:23 AM »
I think it's about time Harty called him up to be honest.

We lack a vocal leader in the back... Abu Bakr, Mitchell, Cyrus and Marshall are generally quiet defenders...maybe Marshall demonstrates leadership the best from the 4 but I think a leader like Julius with his experience will be vital over the next 2-3 years for qualification etc.

Also Julius is playing football week in week out.

Marshall has no club thanks to the advice of his agents and has not played regular football since May 2014.
Mitchell has just been released.
Bateau had his visa problems , hopefully that has been resolved.
Cyrus ? what's next, back to Vietnam ? who know's

Bring him in Harty...a solid spine with quality and leadership is vital for the success of a team.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 10:42:03 AM »
I think it's about time Harty called him up to be honest.

We lack a vocal leader in the back... Abu Bakr, Mitchell, Cyrus and Marshall are generally quiet defenders...maybe Marshall demonstrates leadership the best from the 4 but I think a leader like Julius with his experience will be vital over the next 2-3 years for qualification etc.

Also Julius is playing football week in week out.

Marshall has no club thanks to the advice of his agents and has not played regular football since May 2014.
Mitchell has just been released.
Bateau had his visa problems , hopefully that has been resolved.
Cyrus ? what's next, back to Vietnam ? who know's

Bring him in Harty...a solid spine with quality and leadership is vital for the success of a team.
Not @ all so but i get where ur coming from. He seems dis way but far from it

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »
Good timing to press for a call up. Hol' on tight Julius. We have your back and BraveHart has been watching the posts.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 11:36:45 AM »
I think Julius is a good addition, he can hold down central defence and left back.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 12:21:42 PM »
Would love to see Julius at his best holding it down in central defence under SH. Question is, can he still play at that level consistently, because he hasn't played at that level for some time now.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 12:30:09 PM »
I think Julius is a good addition, he can hold down central defence and left back.

Correct. All to be proven is that he is match fit after his past trials and tribulations of injuries and multiple transfers. He should try to make the candidate pool before the final team is selected. C'mon BraveHart, one thing you are known for is meritocracy and having a fair eye for good ole' old school football talent with the requirement of being match fit for this brutal level of ball.

Julius, as a matter if fact I might even encourage you to jess pick up yuhself, board a fleckin' flight and show up bol' face at de Hasely for BraveHart to see you live and direct. Uncle Tim and the other jokers doh have a black cent except to pay Shell-done or tuh lash some gin & tonic ... and nobody, no sponsors respect Uncle Tim and his lackeys. So is now or almost nevah (until the FIFA dragnet widens). Good luck Julius.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:53:14 PM by dreamer »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JULIUS JAMES named to the NASL Team of the Week (Week 11)
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »
DEF: Julius James (San Antonio Scorpions) – Fury FC couldn’t get much going in the attacking third, and James was a major factor why. The Trinidad and Tobago international’s play in the center of defense helped ‘keeper Matt Cardone post a shutout in his professional debut.

http://www.nasl.com/news/2015/06/17/team-of-the-week--week-11
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 02:28:16 PM »
BraveHart please take note.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 06:01:46 PM »
By the coach's own admission, some players playing without " heart"  passion or desire- I can't figure how a plYer could get a chance to war the national colours and go out dey and sheet down the place. Look , any game I play even today, I imagine wearing the red white and black and is war.

Yes I think J J deserves a call up to add some experience and depth to the backfield.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julius James uses hard earned experience to lead the Scorpions
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 11:23:44 AM »
Julius James uses hard earned experience to lead the Scorpions
By Stephen Whitaker (sascorpions.com)

Scorpions defender Julius James might not be the guy who gets his name in bright lights with goals and assists, but he is as important to the success of the team as those on whose boots goals are created. James' has seen it all in his years of playing soccer and he uses that experience to make himself and his teammates better.

“Julius is a leader,” Scorpions Head Coach Alen Marcina said. “He’s a veteran on the field.”

The Trinidad and Tobago native is very loquacious off the pitch, but lets his actions do the talking on it. He is not afraid to get his uniform dirty or leave some skin on the field if it means preventing the other team from getting a shot on goal or completing a pass.

“I feel like I have experience from playing for this long, I feel like because I’m a bit older I can help the younger guys, help them a long,” James said. “Alen and I talk a lot about the game, we talk a lot about a lot of things. I’m honored that he would consider me to be [a leader]. Now I guess I feel like I am one.”

The leadership of James is on display both on the training ground and in the games. He has help along the way from fellow grizzled vet of the back line, Adrian Cann. The two have formed a strong partnership on the backline and do much to keep their 'keeper out of dangerous situations.

"We keep encouraging each other. We still push through,” James said. “I think the team is coming together now. It takes time for that to happen when you have a team with a lot of new players.“

After a slow start to the season, the Scorpions have turned things around heading into the NASL's siesta between the Spring and Fall Seasons. James will let his body rest over the break, but he's also eager to continue working on his craft and making sure that he does his best to help his teammates so that the rough start to the spring is not repeated in the fall.

“A lot of time when goals are scored it is simple mistakes that we could have alleviated before,” James said. “Now we are focusing more on cutting out the simple mistakes and having clean sheets. We also have to be committed to get into the box and we have to want it more than the other guy.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>