April 25, 2024, 11:10:54 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jordan Game (16-Jun-2015)  (Read 27637 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jordan Game (16-Jun-2015)
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2015, 12:30:52 PM »
what's the real issue here folks? the players for the most part all play in a mediocre league PFL, the ones who ball out side barely getting sweat, isn't it obvious that the guys are not fit enough? another thing to take into consideration is their work ethic. how many of these boys actually take time off to perfect their craft. im damn sure that none of these players spend any amount of time on the field working on their set pieces ball control speed or first touch after their daily practice sessions. people ever wonder why fellers like messi and neymar are the players they are? practice makes perfect.

Whereas the Jordanian players are all from EPL, Serie A and La Liga?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »
We talking about Jamaica taking licks in the Copa, while we just got our asses handed to us against a team ranked 103, right above Antigua.

Nothing wrong with taking licks from sides ranked in the top 8 of teams in the world.
Jamaica had 11 shots on goal, Uruguay had 10
Jamaica had 5 corners Uruguay had only 2.
Posession was only a 4% difference 48% to 52%

If that is licks ill take it.

Argentina = #3 world ranked
Uruguay = #8 world ranked
Jamaica = # 65 world ramked
Paraguay = # 85 world ranked

Trinidad and Tobago played its best football under Dutchman Leo Beanhakker, and Jamaica has looked as Organized as they have ever looked under the German Winfried Schaeffer. Of the Jamaica players currently at the COPA, only 3 of them are based in Jamaica, likely non of them will see action. I see T&T has a number of local players in this game. Not saying the players are rubbish, just saying the level of play in a domestic league is not going to prepare players for international competition.

I wasn't agreeing with the crap that some of these guys were saying about JA taking licks in the Copa. I watched the Uruguay and Jamaica game. And yes, Jamaica played better. I actually thought they were going to scrape out a goal. So hats off to JA.

But you're right. We can't rely on the pro league players to make an impact. Our pool of non domestic players is very small considering our size. I believe Antigua's pool might be just a bit smaller than ours. JA on the other hand can probably make an A team and B team of non domestic players. JA is deep. They are now starting to make good use of their non domestic resource.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2015, 01:04:29 PM »

WTF! I come in this thread to see a discussion about Jamaica

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2015, 01:05:01 PM »
As usual expect men to come in here and defend KJ diva style lazy football

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2015, 01:18:26 PM »

so KJ is a diva :D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2015, 01:20:18 PM »
We talking about Jamaica taking licks in the Copa, while we just got our asses handed to us against a team ranked 103, right above Antigua.

Nothing wrong with taking licks from sides ranked in the top 8 of teams in the world.

Trinidad and Tobago played its best football under Dutchman Leo Beanhakker, and Jamaica has looked as Organized as they have ever looked under the German Winfried Schaeffer. Of the Jamaica players currently at the COPA, only 3 of them are based in Jamaica, likely non of them will see action. I see T&T has a number of local players in this game. Not saying the players are rubbish, just saying the level of play in a domestic league is not going to prepare players for international competition.

I wasn't agreeing with the crap that some of these guys were saying about JA taking licks in the Copa. I watched the Uruguay and Jamaica game. And yes, Jamaica played better. I actually thought they were going to scrape out a goal. So hats off to JA.

But you're right. We can't rely on the pro league players to make an impact. Our pool of non domestic players is very small considering our size. I believe Antigua's pool might be just a bit smaller than ours. JA on the other hand can probably make an A team and B team of non domestic players. JA is deep. They are now starting to make good use of their non domestic resource.

since onandi gone, JA playing some real boring football, their best attacking players are wearing the three lions on their chest and forget about JA...

TT with some organization in the FA and the right Prez will cut their skin

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2015, 01:35:32 PM »
HIGHLIGHTS of Trinidad and Tobago’s 3-0 loss to Jordan

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/w7bnxJ6RTLg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/w7bnxJ6RTLg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2015, 01:36:51 PM »
Blame Tim Kee for this too  :)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2015, 01:44:24 PM »

since onandi gone, JA playing some real boring football, their best attacking players are wearing the three lions on their chest and forget about JA...

TT with some organization in the FA and the right Prez will cut their skin

Not after what I seen on the weekend and today. Right now JA is the better team. Lets get outta that "if and when" mentality. I think we have better domestic players, but thats about it.

If we play the same in the Gold Cup, I cant see Hart staying. With all these late payments and poor performances, I know that would be enough for me to go.

Some positives:

-We had a good spell after the 2nd goal and well into the second half.
-Most of the game was played on Jordans side of the field.
-The team showed some confidence (could have showed some more).

I hope we improve by the Gold Cup.  A spot in Copa Americano will expose us to quality football and prepare us for the hex. Thats of course if we make it..

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »
what's the real issue here folks? the players for the most part all play in a mediocre league PFL, the ones who ball out side barely getting sweat, isn't it obvious that the guys are not fit enough? another thing to take into consideration is their work ethic. how many of these boys actually take time off to perfect their craft. im damn sure that none of these players spend any amount of time on the field working on their set pieces ball control speed or first touch after their daily practice sessions. people ever wonder why fellers like messi and neymar are the players they are? practice makes perfect.

any league is better than our league in my opinion.  watched a game last year and left during the intermission, just real poor basic skills. come on FS could you seriously tell me that our pro league is up to international standard.

we have to start over from scratch if we expect to see progress, as the old saying goes you can't get blood from a stone.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2015, 01:46:06 PM »
Neither JA or T&T are close to being teams ready to qualify for WC. As of right now BOTH teams are shit! What is the point of comparing T&T with another team that is no good? Central American teams will whip both teams right now. I does really wonder how this type of stupid conversation enter into these type of threads.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:48:03 PM by Sando prince »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2015, 01:51:06 PM »
for real son this man is a total waste of space. always crying over the simplest of touches ever since he became an EPL prima donna. these young boys in trinidad too cool for this game. these guys don't know the meaning of playing for country and the heart it entails and the honor of being called an international player.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:03:33 PM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
by the way we never travel well. always a very poor road team from ever since.

There have been exceptions with good results.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2015, 01:58:16 PM »
Neither JA or T&T are close to being teams ready to qualify for WC. As of right now BOTH teams are shit! What is the point of comparing T&T with another team that is no good? Central American teams will whip both teams right now. I does really wonder how this type of stupid conversation enter into these type of threads.

I don't think you should use JA in this comparison. Although they lost the other day, they are defensively much more cohesive than TT at this moment. And they are getting good preps in this Copa America.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2015, 01:58:54 PM »

So why players having key roles in Central American leagues do not feature in NT plans?

Actually, they do for Jamaica, like Romeo Parkes.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2015, 02:02:26 PM »
after watching the highlights i conclude that jan micheal was way off his line on all three occasions and had he stayed on his line and trusted his defenders then these would have been simple saves. another worrying thing is how our midfield was so absent that a simple half line pass could split our whole defense wide open. hart really has his work cut out for him with this bunch.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:04:42 PM by pull stones »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »

I don't think you should use JA in this comparison. Although they lost the other day, they are defensively much more cohesive than TT at this moment. And they are getting good preps in this Copa America.

What has JA done in Copa America for you to believe they are better than Honduras, Panama or CR? Allyuh does get tie up. In a few weeks you will be hearing the same ole story with JA like we have been hearing with T&T.

Anyway my point is simple. Debating T&T and JA in this thread is useless.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2015, 02:05:53 PM »

any league is better than our league in my opinion.  watched a game last year and left during the intermission, just real poor basic skills. come on FS could you seriously tell me that our pro league is up to international standard.

we have to start over from scratch if we expect to see progress, as the old saying goes you can't get blood from a stone.

Any league is not better because unless you play in a major league you are forgotten. Look at Yohance Marshall, in my opinion the best T&T centre back. He played in the Pro League and got selected. Moved to El Salvador and he's just a memory. Many players recognise that if you play regularly in the Pro League, you will get noticed because Hart goes to virtually every game. If you're in a lesser league elsewhere, you may get paid more, but you won't win many caps.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2015, 02:15:37 PM »

Thats my point. JA is playing decent. Our game today and JA game vs Uruguay is proof in the pudding that JA is much more prepared than us. Whoever is saying that we will cut JA ass, probably did not see the JAs game or our game today.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2015, 02:25:30 PM »

What has JA done in Copa America for you to believe they are better than Honduras, Panama or CR? Allyuh does get tie up. In a few weeks you will be hearing the same ole story with JA like we have been hearing with T&T.

Anyway my point is simple. Debating T&T and JA in this thread is useless.

I honestly don't know if they are better than Hondo., Panama or CR. But from what I saw, the coach has done a decent job in preparing them for game one so far. They play Paraguay at 5:00 pm, so we will see how  well they play. And you are right debating TT and JA on a Trini forum is a waste of time. This is a Trini website, so Trini rules, even if they are wrong. That goes for all nationally oriented websites.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:28:24 PM by Deeks »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2015, 02:33:58 PM »
hart need to start looking for players ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2015, 02:34:50 PM »
after watching the highlights i conclude that jan micheal was way off his line on all three occasions and had he stayed on his line and trusted his defenders then these would have been simple saves. another worrying thing is how our midfield was so absent that a simple half line pass could split our whole defense wide open. hart really has his work cut out for him with this bunch.

Indeed. Its becoming common knowledge in the football world that TTs keeper is not that good. Coaches are telling their players to be ambitious when facing Jan. They know Jan will make a mistake which will give them a goal.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »
What shit is this man?
We could organize a 3-0 loss much closer to home yuh know.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2015, 04:15:18 PM »
Head Coach Stephen Hart reflects on Trinidad and Tobago’s 3-0 loss to Jordan

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GH66ZuTYUTU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GH66ZuTYUTU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2015, 04:24:33 PM »
Oh well too soon to talk about qualifying fuhWorld Cup - leh we just enjoy another 4cup in we development to Caribbean football supremacy!

Instead of all men putting their heads together for the betterment of football all them fighting down each other for power political edge and pocket change - all ah de from a minister who could take a high road and fight for team support instead everyone trying to squeeze each other balls!

Why hasn't Fenwick ever been invited to assist Hart?  Harris doing the best with all the team has to deal with on and off the field.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 04:27:47 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2015, 04:35:12 PM »
Oh well too soon to talk about qualifying fuhWorld Cup - leh we just enjoy another 4cup in we development to Caribbean football supremacy!

Instead of all men putting their heads together for the betterment of football all them fighting down each other for power political edge and pocket change - all ah de from a minister who could take a high road and fight for team support instead everyone trying to squeeze each other balls!

Why hasn't Fenwick ever been invited to assist Hart?  Harris doing the best with all the team has to deal with on and off the field.

Caribbean football supremacy dont mean shit if the entire region is playing at poor quality! This Caribbean supremacy ting is the mindset of the older heads who have T&T football where it is today!

This belief that being the best among piss poor playing nations in the Caribbean is actually something to be proud about..smdh!  The goal should always be to qualify for the WC which means you have to be one of the better teams in CONCACAF

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2015, 04:40:59 PM »
I agree that is why I madethat point- that is the only thing I saw we accomplished this year!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2015, 04:47:24 PM »
It's been a long lay off but I'm back.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2015, 04:58:06 PM »
didn't see the game yet...and at this point don't want to raise my blood pressure, but it seems like Hart think Kenwyne 'ran his socks off', and that plaza & cato had good games, contrary to what I see people post here  ;)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2015, 05:28:23 PM »

Caribbean football supremacy dont mean shit if the entire region is playing at poor quality! This Caribbean supremacy ting is the mindset of the older heads who have T&T football where it is today!

This belief that being the best among piss poor playing nations in the Caribbean is actually something to be proud about..smdh!  The goal should always be to qualify for the WC which means you have to be one of the better teams in CONCACAF

Why bother talking about WC qualification when we not even the best in the Caribbean?  Caribbean Cup success is a stepping stone to the Gold Cup and a bye to the later rounds of WC qualification.  GC is a must for Hex preparation.  Then comes the chance of a WC spot.

1]; } ?>