Should Raymond Tim Kee resign.

Yes
14 (66.7%)
No
6 (28.6%)
Give him until election.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Raymond Tim Kee Thread.  (Read 24189 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Raymond Tim Kee Thread.
« on: May 27, 2015, 01:59:13 AM »
Tim Kee wants four more years.
By Sean Nero (Guardian).

...as he aims to continue TTFA strategic reform

Radical changes to the management of local football are underway says Raymond Tim Kee, president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA).

Even as his term of office comes to an end in June after four years in office, he has offered himself for re-election to the post, Tim Kee was talking tough on the issue of strategic reform.

He said gone were the days when practitioners were installed in key positions because they simply knew the sport. The TTFA head did not say if this was among the suite of constitutional reforms a special committee of the TTFA was presently reviewing.

In order for football in T&T to become a major revenue earner and as a consequence ensure the TTFA achieved self-sufficiency, he said, business professionals needed to be enlisted by the football body.

This said the TTFA head, was one sure way to win the confidence of the private sector about the tremendous returns to be had from this type of investment.

Speaking at the TTFA 2014 Awards held at the VIP Lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Woodbrook, Tim Kee said, “The TTFA is undergoing change management exercises which seems go against the thread of what has become habit or natural, as you would say, because our focus is a new one and a different one. Our focus is on good governance with emphasis on transparency and accountability. And as time progresses, we are going to see emerging some new faces, some different faces, many of whom may not have ever played football; probably never bounced a ball.”

He added, “I came out of the business sector and I recognised by looking and observing that football is a product. But the people who market and sell products are the business people, not practitioners in the craft that produce the product. So Mr Hart (Stephen) and his team and other members of the technical staff, it is their business to produce the product on the field and they are accountable to those who sit, not in their ivory towers, but those fairly comfortable rooms–air conditioned rooms–who at times would complain of heat because of challenges. So, we expect a different product. We expect a different behaviour. We expect different norms. Football as anything else depends on economics.”

Turning his attention to the development of the sport, Tim Kee cited the level of capital that went local governing bodies for the sport in Concacaf.

While the Mexican Football Association had an annual budget of US$100 million, he said, the United States Football Association got an allocation of US$75 million.

“You know what our own is? Five million and we struggle to make it. And yet, we go out and produce a quality of that product that is comparable to some of those other countries who are better endowed financially and who enjoy the financial support from so many different corporate citizens,” he said.

Tim Kee added, “So when people say that ‘God is a Trini’, I am inclined to believe that sometimes, because against all odds, we still prevail and not only prevail, prevail with distinction. Our commitment is that qualifying for World Cup would not be a flash-in-the-pan anymore. We intend to pursue qualification for World cup from 2018 onwards.”

Former T&T and West Indies cricketer Deryck Murray, left, accepts a TTFA insignia from the organisation’s president Raymond Tim Kee. PHOTO: SEAN NERO

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Kee wants four more years.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 03:22:07 AM »
He added, I came out of the business sector and I recognised by looking and observing that football is a product. But the people who market and sell products are the business people, not practitioners in the craft that produce the product. So Mr Hart (Stephen) and his team and other members of the technical staff, it is their business to produce the product on the field and they are accountable to those who sit, not in their ivory towers, but those fairly comfortable rooms air conditioned rooms who at times would complain of heat because of challenges. So, we expect a different product. We expect a different behaviour. We expect different norms. Football as anything else depends on economics.

How can they expect Hart to produce anything when the tools are not given to him or any other T&T coach, isn't this a double edge sword? I find Tim Kee very disrespecful here.

The way Tim Kee talks really invites trouble and none support, no wonder no one wants to support T&T football.

I hope someone else goes up for T&T president, maybe David John Williams or some other person who have good buniess knowledge and loves the game.

Jeffrey Webb is arrested, lets see who the TTFA will cling on to now.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 06:58:41 AM »
By Sean Nero (Guardian).

...as he aims to continue TTFA strategic reform

Radical changes to the management of local football are underway says Raymond Tim Kee, president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA).

Even as his term of office comes to an end in June after four years in office, he has offered himself for re-election to the post, Tim Kee was talking tough on the issue of strategic reform.

He said gone were the days when practitioners were installed in key positions because they simply knew the sport. The TTFA head did not say if this was among the suite of constitutional reforms a special committee of the TTFA was presently reviewing.

In order for football in T&T to become a major revenue earner and as a consequence ensure the TTFA achieved self-sufficiency, he said, business professionals needed to be enlisted by the football body.

This said the TTFA head, was one sure way to win the confidence of the private sector about the tremendous returns to be had from this type of investment.

Speaking at the TTFA 2014 Awards held at the VIP Lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Woodbrook, Tim Kee said, “The TTFA is undergoing change management exercises which seems go against the thread of what has become habit or natural, as you would say, because our focus is a new one and a different one. Our focus is on good governance with emphasis on transparency and accountability. And as time progresses, we are going to see emerging some new faces, some different faces, many of whom may not have ever played football; probably never bounced a ball.”

He added, “I came out of the business sector and I recognised by looking and observing that football is a product. But the people who market and sell products are the business people, not practitioners in the craft that produce the product. So Mr Hart (Stephen) and his team and other members of the technical staff, it is their business to produce the product on the field and they are accountable to those who sit, not in their ivory towers, but those fairly comfortable rooms–air conditioned rooms–who at times would complain of heat because of challenges. So, we expect a different product. We expect a different behaviour. We expect different norms. Football as anything else depends on economics.”

Turning his attention to the development of the sport, Tim Kee cited the level of capital that went local governing bodies for the sport in Concacaf.

While the Mexican Football Association had an annual budget of US$100 million, he said, the United States Football Association got an allocation of US$75 million.

“You know what our own is? Five million and we struggle to make it. And yet, we go out and produce a quality of that product that is comparable to some of those other countries who are better endowed financially and who enjoy the financial support from so many different corporate citizens,” he said.

Tim Kee added, “So when people say that ‘God is a Trini’, I am inclined to believe that sometimes, because against all odds, we still prevail and not only prevail, prevail with distinction. Our commitment is that qualifying for World Cup would not be a flash-in-the-pan anymore. We intend to pursue qualification for World cup from 2018 onwards.”

Former T&T and West Indies cricketer Deryck Murray, left, accepts a TTFA insignia from the organisation’s president Raymond Tim Kee. PHOTO: SEAN NERO

Four more years to do what... Play de ass.. Rundown our football more.. I'm sorry but sancho is acting equally as bad...

I hope all of them disappear because it will be better for our football... The only thing Tim kee right about is that the other nations are better funded but that's because football is run well and actually run like a business..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:59:25 AM »
I tell alyuh Tim Kee is a real tool. He is so detached from reality it not funny.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 07:06:23 AM »
I tell alyuh Tim Kee is a real tool. He is so detached from reality it not funny.

Sancho in the same boat fellah, and they both sinking fast...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 07:24:50 AM »
You f00cking kidding me.

Somebody need to kick this f00cker out of T&T football like FIFA did to Warner.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 08:31:32 AM »
You f00cking kidding me.

Somebody need to kick this f00cker out of T&T football like FIFA did to Warner.

On behalf of Weary, I say ... Cosign.  :rotfl:  sorry Weary.

Uncle Tim, careful with traveling abroad from now on.
Yuh li'l friends with whom yuh does lash some good gin and coconut water .... well, dey have some unexpected news for you. Yuh drinkin' padnah Webbolito and uncle Renraw eh have you to study or protect right now as dey very very busy and cyah answer email or text.
All de best.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:38:12 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 09:10:13 AM »
Stephen Hart need to set this f00cker straight once and for all and stop hiding in de corner while getting blast in public.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 09:35:59 AM »

Sancho in the same boat fellah, and they both sinking fast...

Sancho had/has a club that providing development for our players.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
So I take it elections is the end of June then?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 10:08:56 AM »
So I take it elections is the end of June then?

I want to see who go run, ah hope we get some decent honest people.

Who controlling de votes?

Who incharge of de zones fellas?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 10:12:26 AM »
Radical changes to the management of local football are underway says Raymond Tim Kee.

Start cleaning out your home by firing yourself first Mr President.

Charity begins at home.

This guy is another Jack Warner, he doesn't want to leave and will leave T&T in the same state he got it.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 10:20:05 AM »
Kelvin, time to make your move.
But first I want to hear you say: " I pledge to distance myself COMPLETELY from the nefarious activities of Jackulito, Scampito, Rodent and by extension Uncle Tim and his entourage". "I promise to serve the TTFA, T&T, the current, future and past socawarriors and the football loving public with integrity, honour and do ALL I can to regain trust and do all I can to right the wrongs of Renraw no matter how politically inconvenient it is, so help me God".

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 10:56:50 AM »
I'll bet Tim Kee runs unopposed... should they not give a mandatory 3 month notice that the vote will be this day this month this year so interested parties can put together their campaign?

It all seems geared towards a snap announcement and no time for interested parties to put things in place.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 11:00:52 AM »
I'll bet Tim Kee runs unopposed... should they not give a mandatory 3 month notice that the vote will be this day this month this year so interested parties can put together their campaign?

It all seems geared towards a snap announcement and no time for interested parties to put things in place.

Tim Kee has no control over when the elections will be called... that's an ExCo decision.  Even that decision is held up by them taking dey time finalizing the constitutional reforms.  But bless allyuh heart, is Tim Kee calling all de shots.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »

Tim Kee has no control over when the elections will be called... that's an ExCo decision.  Even that decision is held up by them taking dey time finalizing the constitutional reforms.  But bless allyuh heart, is Tim Kee calling all de shots.

Ok thanks for clearing that up but my point is still valid.... I hope the date of the election is a fixed date 2-3 months after the announcement to allow interested parties time to build their campaign and put together their plans etc.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 08:40:30 PM »
Ok thanks for clearing that up but my point is still valid.... I hope the date of the election is a fixed date 2-3 months after the announcement to allow interested parties time to build their campaign and put together their plans etc.

The elections were scheduled for next month, per FIFA.  Again, however, all of that is contingent on the ExCo finishing up ratification of the reforms, since (again per FIFA) it makes no sense to hold new elections under outmoded bylaws and processes.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 01:52:38 AM »
Tim Kee concerned for Caribbean football.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Caught off guard

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association president Raymond Tim Kee awoke in Zurich, Switzerland, in the wee hours of yesterday morning to the news that some of his CONCACAF colleagues, including president Jeffrey Webb, had been arrested on racketeering, conspiracy and corruption charges.

Following United States Government indictments, Swiss police made dawn raids at the Baur au Lac hotel in Zurich, where Fifa officials are staying ahead of Friday's FIFA presidential election. Tim Kee, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and a sitting member of two FIFA committees was staying at the CONCACAF Hotel in Zurich.

Yesterday, former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner was also arrested in Port of Spain on similar charges, and was up to press-time fighting to secure bail in the amount of $2.5 million. A day before, Tim Kee was at the Baur au Lac hotel having discussions with the Prince of Jordan, a country Trinidad and Tobago will play next month in a friendly international.

"My reaction was one of shock and surprise about how it came about," Tim Kee said of the action in Zurich. "To be awakened at 2 a.m. and told that police had taken some of our people. But, it was not unexpected, because we knew that investigations were ongoing."

Following yesterday's events, Tim Kee reported that tomorrow's election in which incumbent Sepp Blatter - is seeking another term as head of the governing body for world football - will proceed. But he has a gut feeling that yesterday's events might affect the outcome of the contest between Blatter and underdog Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan. Concerning CONCACAF and the Caribbean, Tim Kee said he will watch proceedings closely.

"Trinidad and Tobago is not affected in terms of our participation in the Gold Cup or anything so, but with indictments brought against the president, it will be interesting to see how the Caribbean will be affected and the kind of treatment the Caribbean is given, if there were to be changes at the helm (of CONCACAF)," Tim Kee added.

Yesterday, the TTFA issued a statement expressing its concern at the turn of events.

"The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is observing, with concern, the events that took place this morning in Zurich, Switzerland. We acknowledge this investigation and hope it will lead to improved governance in the world's most popular sport of which our organisation is actively involved.

The TTFA will give this ongoing investigation the respect it deserves and, as a result, will refrain from making further statements on the ongoing investigation at this time."

RELATED NEWS

Tim Kee stunned by FIFA officials’ arrest
T&T Newsday Reports.

PRESIDENT OF the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), Raymond Tim Kee, has expressed his surprise over yesterday morning’s arrests of a number of FIFA officials, including Concacaf president Jeffrey Webb, by Switzerland law enforcement personnel, and the indictment of former football honcho Jack Warner by the United States Department of Justice.

The US Department of Justice yesterday revealed a 47-count indictment against the officials, alleging an elaborate 24-year scheme involving racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering conspiracies.

Tim Kee and Webb were in Zurich, Switzerland ahead of tomorrow’s FIFA presidential elections.

In a radio interview yesterday (Power 102 FM), Tim Kee, who has been the TTFA boss since November 2012, said, “one thing I can say is that those legal folks have been quite professional, and there is nothing to suggest that anything was happening.”

Tim Kee, who is also the Mayor of Port-of-Spain and a Guardian Life insurance executive, continued, “that was kept extremely quiet and private. So there was no expectation. Everybody was found in a state of shock.

The TTFA president admitted, “(on Tuesday) night I was talking to the president of Concacaf, and some of his vice-presidents. There was nothing in their demeanour or what was said to suggest any feeling or suspicion that something was in the making.”

Warner served as Concacaf and CFU (Caribbean Football Union) president, and FIFA vice-president, for 21 years, as well as special adviser of the then TTFF (Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation) until he left his football positions in June 20 2011, in the wake of a FIFA corruption investigation.

Meanwhile, the TTFA will be staying silent, with regards to any public pronouncements, on the latest controversy to hit FIFA.

“We acknowledge this investigation and hope it will lead to improved governance in the world’s most popular sport of which our organisation is actively involved,” said the TTFA in a media release.

“The TTFA will give this ongoing investigation the respect it deserves and, as a result, will refrain from making further statements on the ongoing investigation at this time.”

The TTFA, according to the media release, “wishes to reiterate that it is currently involved in a process of reforming and re-organising its governance, organisational structures, and practices in striving to meet ever-increasing expectations of transparency, accountability and performance from a wide range of stakeholders.”

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:20:01 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 04:55:58 PM »
Tim Kee should state who the TTFF is voting for tomorrow just like the US. Everything always in secret

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 05:12:00 PM »
Tim Kee should state who the TTFF is voting for tomorrow just like the US. Everything always in secret

Don't we have a game against Jordan coming up? Where Sepp challenger from? Then again England bring a squad to play us in the Stadium and Jack never give them a vote as far as we can tell.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:14:02 PM by grimm01 »

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 08:22:37 AM »
I hope this does not happen.

Tim Kee is not good.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 08:30:29 AM »
Posted this in another thread, but it's pretty clear who he's supporting:

Blatter received pledges of support from 10 federations as his bid for a fifth term as the head of the governing body gathers pace, with Trinidad and Tobago FA chief Raymond Tim Kee also praising him as the "father of football".

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9809090/sepp-blatter-likened-to-mandela-at-concacaf-congress

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 08:36:43 AM »
Interesting. I understand otherwise... So either the sources are incorrect or Tim Kee is playing both sides/talking out of the two sides of his mouth.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 08:48:15 AM »
Interesting. I understand otherwise... So either the sources are incorrect or Tim Kee is playing both sides/talking out of the two sides of his mouth.

Sounds plausible. There's definitely some kind of power move happening between the CFU / Blatter given the latter is making promises for WC spots to the region (which suggests perhaps his votes aren't quite as locked up as we may be expecting).

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 08:49:16 AM »
Posted this in another thread, but it's pretty clear who he's supporting:

Blatter received pledges of support from 10 federations as his bid for a fifth term as the head of the governing body gathers pace, with Trinidad and Tobago FA chief Raymond Tim Kee also praising him as the "father of football".

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9809090/sepp-blatter-likened-to-mandela-at-concacaf-congress

:rotfl: Sounds more like a cult or like when North Koreans fall over themselves to heap the biggest praise on the dear leader.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 08:57:50 AM »
:rotfl: Sounds more like a cult or like when North Koreans fall over themselves to heap the biggest praise on the dear leader.

It's eerily similar to what (some) people in Chaguanas East are saying about Warner today - about the same amount of rhetoric. The way Jack deals with his constituents is really no different to how Blatter treats the small countries in FIFA.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 09:30:06 AM »

It's eerily similar to what (some) people in Chaguanas East are saying about Warner today - about the same amount of rhetoric. The way Jack deals with his constituents is really no different to how Blatter treats the small countries in FIFA.

For real. Spot on.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 09:31:19 AM »
will anti Blatter countries form their own union after he wins today?

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2015, 10:15:55 AM »

For real. Spot on.

Well they both studied at the foot of João Havelange.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 10:56:36 AM »
Crooks to the max. Webbolito and Uncle Tim. Could be Jackulito's own sons de way they does move.
Cut from the exact same cloth. One day Uncle Tim will have to reveal where all that money went. There is a strong feeling that that day is going to be much sooner than originally thought as everybody will be forced to save they own behind and t'row dey gin-and-tonic-lashin' buddies under de bus. A treasure trove of stuff was also obtained from Concacaf offices too. Btw, careful how yuh spell dah word: (CONCACAF vs Concacaf) especially when yuh dealin' with Jackulito and Uncle Tim and which corresponding bank account yuh focusing on. Stay tuned people. Horner yuh dey? Any comment from Cornmeal?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:05:11 AM by dreamer »

1]; } ?>