April 26, 2024, 02:54:12 PM

Author Topic: Good source for soca as a foreign based??  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Good source for soca as a foreign based??
« on: May 31, 2015, 09:10:10 AM »
Hello forumites,
I have a friend living in Seattle who uses Pandora to get Soca but is some old soca she does be listening to (Pandora doh have "Like ah boss", that's how bad things are!!  :o)...

So ah recruiting all yuh help.  Where do you go on the internet to get your Soca?

I told her try to get Vibe CT 105 on the internet but other than that what else?

Thanks in advance....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Good source for soca as a foreign based??
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 03:18:39 PM »

Why not youtube if we talking about online? even people in T&T use youtube. Just create a youtube playlist with your favorite tunes

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 05:40:39 PM »

Why not youtube if we talking about online? even people in T&T use youtube. Just create a youtube playlist with your favorite tunes

I was going to suggest that but he doesn't know the songs and the artistes.  I guess I might have to send she a list every Carnival season so she could check them out.  All this time I say the woman up to date on the Soca.  Is while she here last week I realise things real bad.

She'd never heard of "Party Done" before I played it for her while she was here....... :o

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »
well yuh cyah go wrong with the vibe ct.  I myself does listen to boomchampionstt.com a lot. But I could see if you don't like dancehall or annoyin man talking thru every song...it could be a real turn off.
I does also listen to Brandon Striker of the 'immortal jugglers sound' http://www.brandonstriker.com
the link to jugglers page from his website also, but all his mixes does have new soca in it. But any Trini who never hear like a boss, yuh have to say not really interested in hearing soca imo, so i'll save my time.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 06:46:15 PM »
If she have ah Android phone, she could try de We Music app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=trini.wemusic
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 07:04:54 PM »
YT is the place to start definitely, but more specifically, the channel you want is: https://www.youtube.com/user/julian18249/videos The problem is, just about every tune released ends up here, so finding the 'hit's can be a bit of wuk. Unless you just find stuff you like and roll with that.

Now as far as 'hits" goes, we're blessed in Toronto as the good stuff tends to be released here first (well it used to be when Jay ruled the airwaves of G987), even before they are released in Trinbago (no joke). May I suggest they tune in on Sundays from 5 pm - 8 pm est http://g987fm.com/ As the Enforcers drop the Soca Groove.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 07:13:14 PM »
well yuh cyah go wrong with the vibe ct.  I myself does listen to boomchampionstt.com a lot. But I could see if you don't like dancehall or annoyin man talking thru every song...it could be a real turn off.
I does also listen to Brandon Striker of the 'immortal jugglers sound' http://www.brandonstriker.com
the link to jugglers page from his website also, but all his mixes does have new soca in it. But any Trini who never hear like a boss, yuh have to say not really interested in hearing soca imo, so i'll save my time.

I wouldn't suggest boom-champions to someone who is seeking Soca when it is not Carnival season. You will get about ten Dancehall and five Hip Hop songs for every one Soca tune while listening to that radio station.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:31:43 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 06:33:16 PM »
Kounty yuh harsh boy!!.... ;D.  Mih friend is a soca lover who just eh getting to interact much with the diaspora.  I tell yuh if I did know things was so bad I would have set her on the right path already.  I suggested she come on the forum too especially around Carnival time and check out the Soca/Calypso/Carnival threads.

I'll tell her about the Android app Tallman.....thanks!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 09:59:48 PM »
Download Tune in radio (it's an app). Most every radio station is there. She could look for SOCA WORLD. Right now that station rotating strictly current big chunes right through properly mixed with no commercials, hardly even hearing the DJ if at all, decent quality stream too.Been steady listening to that. Other than that, in tune in there is also TEAMSOCA radio the aforementioned BOOMSTATION and every radio station from Trini that's on the net.

Two islands are better than one.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 11:26:54 AM »
alyuh forget http://www.wackradio901fm.com/ radio man...the only station playing 100% local content (mostly calypso and soca but also music in other genres done by Trini artistes)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 04:10:39 PM »

Brownsugar send this video to your friend. Most of the big tunes from this year Carnival on this. She just has to choose her favorite tunes, then create a playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtZoj0OSMxI

1]; } ?>