March 28, 2024, 04:50:47 PM

Author Topic: Curacao gets late winner over T&T.  (Read 5341 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Curacao gets late winner over T&T.
« on: June 06, 2015, 02:05:39 AM »
Curacao gets late winner over T&T.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s team fell to an 85th minute goal in a 1-0 defeat to Curacao in Friday night’s international friendly at the Sentro Deportivo Korsou in Willemstad.

The match was played on a newly installed artificial turf as the hosts pulled off the moral boosting win they were hoping for ahead of their 2018 World Cup qualifier next away at home to Cuba.

T&T, missing several of its regular overseas-based professionals, managed to create a few good scoring chances but failed to put away any against a Curacao team full of seasoned European-based players.

Among those in their starting eleven was goalkeeper Eloy Room of Dutch Premier Division club FC Twente, forward Felitciano Zschusschen and defenders Darryl Lachman and Rhuendly Martina all of FC Twente,  Rihairo Meulens of Romanian club Rapid Bucuresti, Cyprus-based defender Dustley Mulder and forward Gianluca Maria who plays for Dutch Second Division club RKC Waalwijk, midfielder Jeremy de Nooijer of Dutch Second Division club Sparta Rotterdam and Danish-based forward Elson Hooi.

Missing from the T&T line up was Central FC midfielder Ataullah Guerra who sustained an ankle injury in training on Thursday evening. This was also T&T’s first encounter without injured Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino while Chicago Fire’s Joevin Jones, English-based defender Justin Hoyte and European-based trio Lester Peltier, Aubrey David and Sheldon Bateau were all excused from the match by head coach Stephen Hart.

The T&T head coach did not offer any excuses for the defeat.

“This game will serve us well. We had some good moments but concentration needs to be better defensively, especially in the midfield, over ninety minutes,” Hart told TTFA Media after the match.

“Curacao deserve credit. They played the game with a passion and desire worthy of a World Cup qualifier which they play on Wednesday against Cuba,” Hart added.

Hart stressed that T&T’s players needed to improve their  mental state for international matches regardless of the opponent or the occasion.

“The days for Trinidad and Tobago just showing up in CONCACAF or the Caribbean and expecting the result to go in its favour because of history or name, are over. We need to play with a desire and a will to dominate, control the tempo of the game, defend intelligently and win.

“Having said that, we had three days together and as I said, this game will serve as a lesson as to what each international game demands of us an individuals and as a unit.” Hart stated.

On the field, T&T had the first chance at goal when Jones headed just over bar after being picked out by debutant Kaydion Gabriel. It was a chance that should have been put away to settle the visitors early. On 19 minutes Jones turned provided when he headed into the path of Keron Cummings but his shot went wide of the mark. Cummings was making his first international appearance since 2010.

Curacao got into stride and had their first try at goal in the 25th minute. Following the break, T&T continued to create chances but couldn’t hit the target. Debutant Kadeem Corbin muffed a couple good attempts and substitute Devorn Jorsling and Dwane James also squandered further opportunities to put T&T on the scoresheet.

Substitute Charlton Vicento eventually gave the home fans much to cheer when he converted five minutes from full time for the winning goal, giving former Holland and Barcelona player Patrick Kluivert his first major win on the international stage since taking helm of the Curacao team earlier this year.

T&T will remain in Willemstad for a couple days more where they will continue to train before returning home next week. This country’s next international friendly is away to Jordan on June 16th. T&T will open its CONCACAF Gold Cup campaign against Guatemala on July 9th in Chicago and is expected to face Haiti in another warm up in Miami in early July.

Stats provided by SWO

Results

Curacao  1  v  T&T  0
Vicento 85

Teams

T&T: - 21.Jan-Michael Williams; 6.Daneil Cyrus, 17.Mekeil Williams, 18.Eljiah Belgrave (2.Shannon Gomez 83rd), 23.Kaydion Gabriel, 8.Khaleem Hyland (5.Leston Paul 60th), 20.Keron Cummings, 14.Andre Boucaud (15.Dwane James 60th), 13.Shahdon Winchester (19.Kadeem Corbin 64th) 9. Kenwyne Jones (capt) (16.Devorn Jorsling 64th), 12.Willis Plaza.

Unused Subs: – 1.Marvin Phillip; 7.Sean De Silva, 11.Ataullah Guerra (injured out).

Coach: - Stephen Hart.

Curacao: - 1.Eloy Room; 8.Kemy Agustien, 10.Elson Hooi, 4.Darryl Lachman, 7.Gianluca Maria, 3.Cuco Martina, 5.Rihariro Muelens, 2.Dustley Mulder, 11.Gevaro Nepumuceno, 6.Jeremy De Nooijer, 9.Felitciano Zschusschen.

Used Subs: - 22.Zeus De La Paz, 23.Rowendy Sumter; 19.Shanon Carmelia, 20.Michael Maria, 17.Quentin Martinus, 12.Shelton Martis, 16.Vidarell Merencia, 15.Prince Rajcomar, 13.Jonathan Richard, 18.Charlton Vicento, 14. Jason Wall - (all subs were used at some point in the second half)

Coach: - Patrick Kluivert.

Venue: - Sentro Deportivo Korsou, Willemstad, Curaçao.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:08:10 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Curacao gets late winner over T&T.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 03:45:55 AM »
Never mind who Curacao had in their line-up...we shouldn't lose like that.Just shows again,we cannot play football for 90 minutes or more.TT needs a culture transplant.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 03:47:26 AM »
A lot a wasteful chances....same old tune
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 06:55:40 AM »
any word on Jan's injury?

If De Silva not injured, he have to at least get 5mins out dey.
He Is Highly

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 07:46:30 AM »
De Leon, Bostock and Sheanon Williams... make de call Hart! 
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 07:52:46 AM »

He might've...I gave the stats to Flex who must've gave them to Fuentes (hence stats provided by SWO).  All I had was a Papiamentu radio broadcast so they might've just forgotten to say that he was being subbed on.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 08:25:04 AM »

He might've...I gave the stats to Flex who must've gave them to Fuentes (hence stats provided by SWO).  All I had was a Papiamentu radio broadcast so they might've just forgotten to say that he was being subbed on.

No, I personally added it into Fuentes report.

The reason I put "stats by SWO" is so Shaun don't get the blame for any mistakes on this side of it.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:27:13 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 11:24:42 AM »

No, I personally added it into Fuentes report.

The reason I put "stats by SWO" is so Shaun don't get the blame for any mistakes on this side of it.

Oh I see, my bad. 

I was wrong about Marvin Phillip, he did not go on for Jan...commentators just thought he did ::)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:34:58 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
Never mind who Curacao had in their line-up...we shouldn't lose like that.Just shows again,we cannot play football for 90 minutes or more.TT needs a culture transplant.

It's not a loss guy, it's a practice. Panique pas

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 06:25:21 PM »
WTF

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 08:30:38 PM »
Like allyuh aint see who is the coach of the opposing team??   ;D

Allyuh want ah Cortina to outrun ah Kingswood.

http://www.otodata.com/compare.php?car1=76559&car2=63744
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 08:33:05 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 11:25:14 AM »
maxg,It didn't sound like that to me.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 11:56:16 AM »
WTF

http://www.otodata.com/compare.php?car1=76559&car2=63744

How is it that Curacao can participate in world cup qualifiers but teams such as Guadeloupe and Martinique are not allowed to?

The thing with these teams is that they play well on home turf and in confitions they are familiar with, but fold when playing in places like central america.

Will be intersting to see how far curacao gets in WCQ.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 02:51:48 AM »
WTF

http://www.otodata.com/compare.php?car1=76559&car2=63744a

How is it that Curacao can participate in world cup qualifiers but teams such as Guadeloupe and Martinique are not allowed to?

The thing with these teams is that they play well on home turf and in confitions they are familiar with, but fold when playing in places like central america.

Will be intersting to see how far curacao gets in WCQ.
According to Wiki, Curaçao is a constituent country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. I really not sure what that means. But they are independent but has some ties with Holland. Martinique and Guadeloupe are departments of France. I guess they are states within the Republiqe of France, they are not indepndent, so can't play in the WC or Olympics. Their players must rep. France.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 06:32:15 PM »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 06:46:01 PM »

Hmmm T&T football has been a roller coaster all my life.. and I iz not a very young men eh  :)

When will this stop smh

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 08:44:51 PM »
Patrick Kluivert is there coach...

Thats says enough to convince me that they are a threat...

Dutch fitball....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 08:51:43 PM »

Dutch fitball....

So if Patrick Kluivert become T&T coach tomorrow you will consider us a threat?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 09:21:08 PM »

Dutch fitball....

We'll be a threat to Curacao

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 11:44:34 PM »

Sure why not...if anything he could teach KJ how to improve his striking of the ball.
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 12:28:12 AM »
after watching this game i concluded that there are a few things that never change with our national players no matter what era. it's quite obvious that we have held on to this daft predictable brand of football over the years, a brand which obviously seems to be our hallmark and a sign of the way we do business.

i am surprised that no one has ever tried to correct and eradicate that mind set from our sports men and women. this game was a mirror of the panama game where our players struggled tremendously in possession and gave the ball away frequently, they also looked quite uncomfortable on the ball and had the first touch of an elephant for the most part. curacao on the other hand looked very composed. they moved the ball efficiently and picked their passes well, same could be said of our encounter with the panamanians who also held the ball and played some very neat decisive passes stretching our defense on a number of occasions.   

i am a bit worried of where our goals are going to come from since molino and hector would be sidelined for the tournament, and please don't mention winchester this kid is frustrating to watch. i had so much hopes for this young man and it seemed that he had all the goods to become our future shinning star, but with such a poor first touch and lack of a football brain it's easy to see why he never secured a lasting contract over seas. this bunch of new comers are atrocious, they need to work on their skill level tirelessly if they are to play international football. these pro league debutants ain't ready yet steven, please look elsewhere.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:30:52 AM by pull stones »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>