March 28, 2024, 02:28:46 PM

Author Topic: Tim Kee: Soca Warriors getting a raw deal.  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Tim Kee: Soca Warriors getting a raw deal.
« on: June 11, 2015, 02:01:38 AM »
Tim Kee: Soca Warriors getting a raw deal.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Raymond Tim Kee, president of the T&T Football Federation, believes the current Soca Warriors squad is getting a hard deal when it comes to funding from corporate T&T and Government.

Speaking yesterday after watching the senior team’s practice match with the combined Olympic Games qualifiers/Pan American Games squad, Tim Kee, who is also the Mayor of Port-of-Spain, sought to further clear the air over statements made on the weekend by Minister of Sport Brent Sancho, with regard to the TTFA spending 90 per cent of $9 million promised by the Government last November.

In requesting funding for the senior team’s preparations for the Concacaf Gold Cup which begins next month in the USA, Tim Kee said that funding promised by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar had not come through as promised so far.

However, the claims by the top T&TFA official was then dismissed by former Soca Warriors World Cup defender and current Minister of Sport, Brent Sancho, who said the local federation had already used up 90 per cent of a $9 million Cabinet note, which the Prime Minister and then acting Sport Minister Rupert Griffith promised.

The commitment to support the senior Soca Warriors came after the national team had threatened to boycott the Caribbean Football Union Cup final against Jamaica in November last year due to unpaid salaries to players and members of the coaching staff.

On return home from the tournament, where the Soca Warriors ended second to Jamaica following a 5–4 penalty kick loss after a goalless draw, Persad-Bissessar hosted the team and following discussions, promised to support the team’s Gold Cup preparations financially.

But a visibly upset and frustrated Tim Kee added: “Back in November, the players were asked to return to T&T and they were met by the Prime Minister and given their owed salaries, and were also told that there will be no challenges between then and now in preparing for the 2015 Gold Cup, and now this talk about the T&TFA using up majority of the team’s funding is not so.”

Coach Hart fed up

The TTFF president added: “Mr Hart even wrote me and told me he was really getting fed up of the whole situation because he did not know that we spent all that money and he wanted to know when it was spent for the senior team and how.”

“The team has an upcoming tournament to get ready for and have friendly matches to play and the coach has to know how he is going to prepare the team, while the players have to know what is taking place with regard to overseas travel as well so they can let their families be aware of what is happening in advance so they can make the necessary arrangements at home.”

According to Tim Kee: “All that environment of uncertainty is causing a negative effect on our players and the coach, because if the coach is not as happy as he ought to be, what do you think will happen to the players who are under his charge.

“So that statement which was in the papers earlier this week about the TTFF exhausting 90 per cent of its allocations already has caused a lot of discomfort for the coach and his players.

Tim Kee added: “The Prime Minister was talking to the senior players of the men’s team when she made those promises, so for them to use money from that same promised budget for the men to pay the Women Soca Warriors bonuses and all other stuff with regards to other teams and then say we have used up 90 per cent of the budget is news to me.”

Women Soca Warriors bonuses

On December 2, 2014, the Government, led by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, handed over $1.5 million in $50,000 cheques to individual members of the T&T Women Soca Warriors, their management and coaching staff, as reward for their performance at the Concacaf Women’s Championship, where they placed fourth and earned an inter-continental playoff spot with Ecuador.

The event was hosted at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s, with high-ranking officials from the Ministry of Sport, the Sport Company and the (TTFA).

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:12:14 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Kee: Soca Warriors getting a raw deal.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 04:17:04 AM »
Over to you FS, honing dem political football skills, well l see,  carry on
I pity the fool....

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 04:49:50 AM »
There's no raw deal. TTFA clearly have mis managed the funds that they requested. Every item on the cabinet note has been met. The money they requested for Gold Cup preparation is currently being used and the only other outstanding items are Mr Harts salary Nov - June which is due now and other Technical staff salaries which will be paid once requested.

Tim-Kee knows this nonsense about WPL "and other stuff" is pure  :bs:

They know how much was promised, they know how much has been spent, so guess what? The remainder is what you have left.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 05:54:42 AM »
It's either Tim Kee playing the political game here because he is a pnm or mos lying....

To be honest I don't trust Tim kee so I believe this is politics playing here to taint the image of the government prior to a general election..

If that ends up not being the case, then FS is one of the biggest con men in tt football and should ride out with sancho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 06:01:27 AM »
It's either Tim Kee playing the political game here because he is a pnm or mos lying....

To be honest I don't trust Tim kee so I believe this is politics playing here to taint the image of the government prior to a general election..

If that ends up not being the case, then FS is one of the biggest con men in tt football and should ride out with sancho

You only have to look out how he keeps referencing Kamla. As I have said before, relationships between TTFA administrators and MoS are fairly cordial. Yes, there are frustrations on both sides, but the way Tim-Kee paints it, Sancho is purposely denying TTFA and misappropriating funds. This is just not true.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 06:04:58 AM »

You only have to look out how he keeps referencing Kamla. As I have said before, relationships between TTFA administrators and MoS are fairly cordial. Yes, there are frustrations on both sides, but the way Tim-Kee paints it, Sancho is purposely denying TTFA and misappropriating funds. This is just not true.

Well the proof in the pudding will be if we can't go to the gold cup... If that is the case the players should strike now and end this debacle... Heads will roll.. I believe I will throw my hat in the ring if there is an opportunity...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 06:24:46 AM »
Is the TTFA receiving the funds or are the payments being made directly by the Ministry of Sport?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 08:28:49 AM »
Steups d ministry can very well insist on a level of oversight where funding is concerned notwithstanding FIFA rules on gov't interference, FIFA dey self eh have no moral ground to stand on.......Alyuh could put Alyuh heads together  and come up with something workable, d back and forth is pure assholeness, from both sides, and all d while whatever progress is made is eroded every time funding comes up
I pity the fool....

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 10:18:25 AM »
I will like to see in the new constitution that's being drafted that the President of the TTFA cannot hold any political position.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 10:30:44 AM »
I will like to see in the new constitution that's being drafted that the President of the TTFA cannot hold any political position.

Why?

Is this an ideal? Or a consequence of the level of maturity in our political parties
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 10:55:25 AM »
Steups d ministry can very well insist on a level of oversight where funding is concerned notwithstanding FIFA rules on gov't interference, FIFA dey self eh have no moral ground to stand on.......Alyuh could put Alyuh heads together  and come up with something workable, d back and forth is pure assholeness, from both sides, and all d while whatever progress is made is eroded every time funding comes up

completely agree. we done see this before.

Offline Orient Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 11:15:00 AM »
Ridiculous.

Mr Tim Kee honestly has to go. What a total joker. Has done nothing positive in his time, has aligned himself with the opposition party and has cost the TTFA alot of sponsorship opportunities and M.O.S relations. Is he really that thick?

Football Supporter and Brent, If you do read this forum I honestly hope you guys will give full cooperation, which I think you guys will having looking at the way Central has been run under your command, and really do what is best for the National Programs , especially the flagship Men's senior team and really put some financial backing behind Coach Hart and his troops.

We have a Gold Cup to really prepare for the big test in November when World Cup qualifiers begin. We have friendlies in September and October that the TTFA must and I repeat MUST book the 4 friendlies on offer.

Please I am begging as a supporter of T&T football for over 40 years of my life , PLEASE put your heads together and plan out a proper budget for each National Program for the remainder of the year.

The senior team and especially Hart deserve the backing after the Hell, Tim Kee has put them through over the last 3 years.

Sincerely,
A very very concerned and saddened fan.
Born in Trini, Working in England.
Come on you O's !

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 12:59:05 PM »
There's no raw deal. TTFA clearly have mis managed the funds that they requested. Every item on the cabinet note has been met. The money they requested for Gold Cup preparation is currently being used and the only other outstanding items are Mr Harts salary Nov - June which is due now and other Technical staff salaries which will be paid once requested.

They know how much was promised, they know how much has been spent, so guess what? The remainder is what you have left.

What the ttfa  spent it on ?? we only played two international matches for the year that used up the budget ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Orient Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 01:09:30 PM »

What the ttfa  spent it on ?? we only played two international matches for the year that used up the budget ?

That is what I'm confused about. I thought the 9m was for the MEN'S SENIOR TEAM.

Now it seems the 9m was for the TTFA and it's entire national program (senior men's women's and youth)

They are cash strapped, no sponsors and need better funding for all programs especially in a Gold Cup and WCQ year.
Born in Trini, Working in England.
Come on you O's !

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 01:28:10 PM »

Why?

Is this an ideal? Or a consequence of the level of maturity in our political parties

our politicians are too swallow breeds........ country comes after self and party.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 02:07:48 PM »

That is what I'm confused about. I thought the 9m was for the MEN'S SENIOR TEAM.

Now it seems the 9m was for the TTFA and it's entire national program (senior men's women's and youth)

They are cash strapped, no sponsors and need better funding for all programs especially in a Gold Cup and WCQ year.

The cabinet note was for the Senior Men's Team. It was requested by TTFA. It covered staff stipend arrears since 2012, arrears of match fees and bonuses for staff and players, arrears of salaries for 5 staff members, projected technical staff remuneration and participation in the Gold Cup and training camps.

There is a separate $5 million fund for the other national teams, including the women.

There is also a separate cabinet note for WPL.

Cabinet notes can only be used for the specific purposes for which they were created. So WPL can't be used for U23, SMT can't be used for beach soccer etc.

Once TTFA produce a budget for, say, a SMT friendly game, the budget is analysed by MoS and the money is released. It's up to them how they spend their money, once its for the correct purpose.   

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »

The cabinet note was for the Senior Men's Team. It was requested by TTFA. It covered staff stipend arrears since 2012, arrears of match fees and bonuses for staff and players, arrears of salaries for 5 staff members, projected technical staff remuneration and participation in the Gold Cup and training camps.

There is a separate $5 million fund for the other national teams, including the women.

There is also a separate cabinet note for WPL.

Cabinet notes can only be used for the specific purposes for which they were created. So WPL can't be used for U23, SMT can't be used for beach soccer etc.

Once TTFA produce a budget for, say, a SMT friendly game, the budget is analysed by MoS and the money is released. It's up to them how they spend their money, once its for the correct purpose.   

i have never in my life seen so much disarray and unorganized behavior in my life...

all this drama over 9 million... the previous govt and current govt waste 100 times that money on nonsense over the years...

but can't get one thing right, nor can the TTFA... a set of grown men fighting for power and in the process will lose their soul doing it..

1]; } ?>