April 28, 2024, 02:12:33 PM

Author Topic: Wallace: Plans afoot to properly prepare national teams.  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Wallace: Plans afoot to properly prepare national teams.
« on: March 12, 2015, 01:55:48 AM »
Wallace: Plans afoot to properly prepare national teams.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National football teams operations manager William Wallace says plans are moving ahead to ensure that budgets are covered and preparations are in place for each of the national teams scheduled to take part in international competition this year.

As challenging as it remains, Wallace said with the senior men’s team heading the list of major activities, the men’s Under-20 team and the women’s senior team are also gearing towards the Pan American Games in Canada in July while the national youth men and women teams also have CONCACAF Championships to look forward to.

“Everything we do this year is geared towards our preparations for the Gold Cup in July and the World Cup qualifiers in November. The coach is actually trying to widen his pool of players and will be looking at more towards local-based players from the Pro League. The concentration now is on the local players for the upcoming Panama match with the inclusion of a few overseas-based players,” Wallace said.

He mentioned that there have been two meetings with Sports Minister Brent Sancho and there is continued dialogue.

“The discussions been going pretty well. We have had two meetings already with the Sports Minister and he has indicated his willingness and the Ministry’s willingness to support the national teams. As a former player he knows that it takes to prepare national teams. He has asked that we also try to help ourselves and I think that’s a fair suggestion. They have indicated what they will help with and what we need to help ourselves with. I think going forward we can say that the Minister and his ministry is on board to support national football,” he said.

Regarding the preparations for the Pan American Games, Wallace added: “I have been making my rounds of meetings. We have met with the Olympic committee which will take care of the major expense.”

Wallace emphasised that there would have to be greater effort to source funding for national teams.

“We will need to find additional financial support for the CONCACAF Gold Cup. We have sent those budgets in for all our national teams to the Ministry. We have a busy year ahead of us and trying to really prepare properly for tournaments. We have to take some decisions. It doesn’t make sense spending a whole lot of money to prepare a team but yet not going the full distance and it shows when we actually play in the tournament.

“For instance if it costs $150,000 to prepare a team for the tournament, then do not provide $100,00 and expect that everything will be taken care of and expect the team to come out successful. Overall, we also have to find other resources to meet the budget requirements.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Re: Wallace: Plans afoot to properly prepare national teams.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 07:29:46 AM »
Plans afoot? That's one of the best puns, ever. I'll believe that when I see it. For over ten years Tiny Toons was Vice President in the federation that had a lot of other peoples money. What was the VP's plan then? He had none. Why should he, the special advisor had it covered. Ten years you coming and going without a clue about anything. Ten years and you had no ideas or plans to suggest how the federation should approach or implement plans to be self sufficient. You took over the federation as President last year and after all this time we find out that Mr. No Brainer had no plans and had no clue and intentions of coming up with any plans. His plan was to not have any plans. Why should he? Just keep sending budget after budget to the MOS and they will keep supporting the federation. Easy money, right? Until Pamla selected Sancho as the MOS. Your initial reaction had to be, wtf!!!!!. I know man, it caught me by surprise too. But here is the kicker, I was kinda happy yet reserved with my emotion that she selected Sancho, but I also knew you were scratching your friggin dome piece. Now you have to come up with a plan to be self sufficient. Something you couldn't do in over ten friggin years. No more free money to fatten your bank account and your general secretary's bank account and the old useless dinosaurs behind the iron curtain waiting for their cut with baited breath. Good luck with that shit.
I have a plan. Here's the plan. How about afoot up your *#%. Why don't you resign asap and let someone with a plan run the federation. That is a great plan. And take all the other idiots behind the iron curtain with you. They are about as useless as a punchless joke and brain dead too. It took you all this time to realize the national teams are not properly prepared for anything much less a tournament. When did you realize that shit, just now? You're killing me Tiny Toons.
P.S. I know your cronies will attack my plan. They know who they are. Here they come.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:47:22 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 08:00:53 AM »
I hope the TTFA gets some dollars, they really had it hard for the past two ears.

I just want to see a better and more professional approach from them and some independence and not sitting with they hands open.

They need to also be honest and open their books.

The ministry wasted to much money in the past, time for them to really start investing in football and track.

Come on Sancho.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:07:18 AM »
The ministry wasted to much money in the past, time for them to really start investing in football and track.

Don't forget basketball

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 06:33:27 PM »
So much for this piece of optimism.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 09:52:20 AM »
This is why I cant stand de TTFA, they keep hiring de bunch of connies all de time.

Wallace and Muhammad keep f00cking up de country.

One setta big talking and nothing.

This TTFA is run like a job.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>