April 19, 2024, 04:47:35 PM

Author Topic: Carib, new sponsor of T&T Red Steel  (Read 561 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Carib, new sponsor of T&T Red Steel
« on: June 20, 2015, 02:03:39 AM »
Carib, new sponsor of T&T Red Steel.
By Mark Pouchet (Express).

Carib Beer is the new sponsor of the Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel. At a media conference Wednesday night at the All Out Restaurant & Bar, Queen's Park Oval, Colin Murray, sponsorship and events manager at Carib Brewery, made the announcement ahead of the team's Caribbean Premier League (CPL) opening match against the St Lucia Zouks at Gros Islet, St Lucia, from 4 p.m. Sunday.

Captain of the Red Steel Dwayne Bravo thanked Carib for their sponsorship as he promised the team would represent the brand. Bravo also underlined the importance of having Bollywood super star Shah Rukh Khan, who is already part owner of IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders, as owner of the Red Steel.

“As part of Shah Rukh management in India, they already own an IPL team so the connection is already there, the friendship is already there so I am very happy someone like Shah Rukh has actually chosen the Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel team to be the owner of. They are great people, lovely people,” said Bravo.

“I have gotten the opportunity to liaise with them on different occasions in the IPL so I look forward to welcoming him to T&T and I know Shah Rukh himself is going to enjoy T&T, so it's good and exciting times for the tournament and for our team to have him as an owner. And to have Carib now come aboard as sponsors is the icing on the cake,” added Bravo.

Also addressing the gathering were CPL commercial director Jamie Stewart and Carib's marketing manager Antron Forte. Manager of the Red Steel Colin Borde introduced the team minus three players; Samuel Badree, who had a previous commitment; and the pair of West Indies batsman Darren Bravo and former South African international Jacques Kallis, who will both join the team in St Lucia.

Red Steel squad: Dwayne Bravo (captain), Derone Davis, Kevon Cooper, William Perkins, Jacques Kallis, Marlon Richards, Cameron Delport, Kamran Akmal, Jason Mohammed, Miguel Cummins, Javon Searles, Samuel Badree, Darren Bravo, Johan Botham, Sulieman Benn, Simon Helmot (head coach), David Williams (Assistant) , Imran Jan (assistant).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>