March 28, 2024, 02:29:36 PM

Author Topic: Hart names T&T’s final 23-man Gold Cup squad  (Read 6266 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart names T&T’s final 23-man Gold Cup squad
« on: June 23, 2015, 04:51:42 PM »
Hart names T&T’s final 23-man Gold Cup squad
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior National Team head coach Stephen Hart today announced a Final 23-man squad to contest the upcoming CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.

Hart, along with his assistant coaches Hutson Charles and Derek King have assessed the players throughout the last few weeks over a period which included three international friendly matches. Hart had also been keeping abreast of the progress of the players in their respective overseas Leagues and the T&T Pro League.

Hart has included a few players who were not in the recent teams that faced Curacao and Jordan. Among them are Iceland-based forward Jonathan Glenn who was part of the Caribbean Cup Finals squad last November, Columbus Crew midfielder Kevan George, El Salvador-based defender Yohance Marshall, US-based forward Rundell Winchester and goalkeeper Adrian Foncette. Also making the cut is Under 20 striker Kadeem Corbin.

The other regulars making the 23-man squad include captain Kenwyne Jones, goalkeepers Marvin Phillip and Jan Michael Williams, Belgium-based duo Khaleem Hyland and Sheldon Bateau, Central FC duo Ataullah Guerra and Willis Plaza, San Jose Earthquakes forward Cordell Cato, Slovak-based winger Lester Peltier, English-based midfielder Andre Boucaud, Kazakhstan-based defender Aubrey David, Danish-based defender Radanfah Abu Bakr, Chicago Fire’s Joevin Jones and W Connection defender Daneil Cyrus.

Hart has commenced a residential training camp with sessions at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and this will continue leading up to the team’s departure for Fort Lauderdale on Sunday where another live-in camp will take place. T&T will also face Haiti in a closed door training match before flying to Chicago on July 7th for its Gold Cup opener against Guatemala on July 9th at Soldier Field.

“I have confidence in this group of players that we can put things right,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“Once everyone buys into what we need to do collectively in order to achieve what we want then it will go well for us. We would need to focus on our task and support each other. We have the talent. We know that seventeen days may not be ideal, but if you add in the match period at the Gold cup, it's 25 plus days of us being together as a team and that is important especially looking beyond with the World Cup qualification coming up later in the year,” Hart added.

Tournament rules allow changes to be made to the 23-man squad up until the day before the opening match while six players from outside of the 23-man squad (from the 35-man provisional roster) can join the team for the knockout phase.

“We’ll be having players outside of the 23 players involved in this preparations this week and we will monitor their progress same time because the door will not be closed on anyone,” Hart said.

T&T 23-man Squad

Shirt #PlayerDate of BirthClubPosition
Marvin Phillip01-Aug-1984Point Fortin Civic FCGoalkeeper
Aubrey David11-Oct-1990Shakhter KaragandyDefender
Joevin Jones08-Mar-1991Chicago FireMidfielder
Sheldon Bateau29-Jan-1991KV MechelenDefender
Daneil Cyrus15-Dec-1990W-ConnectionDefender
Radanfah Abu Bakr12-Feb-1987HB KogeDefender
Jonathan Glenn27-Aug-1987IBVForward
Khaleem Hyland05-Jun-1989KV WesterloDefender
Kenwyne Jones05-Oct-1984Cardiff CityForward
Willis Plaza03-Aug-1987Central FCForward
Kadeem Corbin04-Mar-1996St. Ann’s RangersForward
Ataullah Guerra14-Nov-1987Central FCForward
Cordell Cato25-Jul-1992San Jose EarthquakesMidfielder
Andre Boucaud10-Sep-1984Dagenham & RedbridgeMidfielder
Dwane James04-Dec-1988North East StarsMidfielder
Rundell Winchester16-Dec-1993Portland Timbers 2Forward
Mekeil Williams24-Jul-1990W-ConnectionDefender
Yohance Marshall22-Jan-1986Juventud IndependienteDefender
Kevan George30-Jan-1990Columbus CrewMidfielder
Keron Cummings28-May-1988North East StarsMidfielder
Jan-Michael Williams26-Oct-1984Central FCGoalkeeper
Adrian Foncette10-Oct-1988Police FCGoalkeeper
Lester Peltier13-Sep-1988Slovan BratislavaMidfielder

2015 Gold Cup: Group C Schedule
DateTeamTeamVenue
July 9Trinidad and TobagoGuatemalaSoldier Field
July 9MexicoCubaSoldier Field
July 12Trinidad and TobagoCubaUniversity of Phoenix Stadium
July 12GuatemalaMexicoUniversity of Phoenix Stadium
July 15CubaGuatemalaBank of America Stadium
July 15MexicoTrinidad and TobagoBank of America Stadium
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:49:18 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Hart names T&T’s final 23-man Gold Cup squad
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 04:58:10 PM »
What ever happened to Hughton Hector?

No Bleeder?  :)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »
I think I read that Hector is injured.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 05:12:02 PM »
no  leston paul or da silva shahdon...  winchester and britto should have been leading the attack now ... they have really fallen off .... imagine corbin get in ahead of them
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:15:01 PM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 05:20:55 PM »
What ever happened to Hughton Hector?

Ruptured achilles tendon.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 06:02:09 PM »
no  leston paul or da silva shahdon...  winchester and britto should have been leading the attack now ... they have really fallen off .... imagine corbin get in ahead of them

Corbin is a good addition, de youth have real talent. Silva and Paul look like they just cant cut it, but I hope they stick around because world cup qualifiers coming up.

Would have like to see Julius James in de mix because we defence tin, but say what, Hart know he players.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 06:16:24 PM »
No Hoyte brothers.... Maybe they have told Hart not to consider them until the situation improves? I'm shocked Justin is not part of the 23 , he is one of Hart's go to guys.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 06:31:33 PM »

I think Britto did well enough this season to have at least received a call-up for a friendly. The thing is we don't play enough games so that potential players can be properly evaluated.

De Silva has always been in the mix at the youth level, but has never really established himself as a regular fixture. Seems to me he's been thought of as a squad player. Then of course he went to College of Charleston and lost some development time there. Maybe his performances with Central FC this season will give him the confidence he needs, or he might just opt for Guyana in de future.

Shahdon seems to be going the way of Jason Scotland. I believe he has what it takes, but he hasn't been given enough opportunities to prove himself at the senior level.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 06:35:39 PM »
No Hoyte brothers.... Maybe they have told Hart not to consider them until the situation improves? I'm shocked Justin is not part of the 23 , he is one of Hart's go to guys.

Gavin hasn't really done anything to necessarily claim a spot in the 23, and Justin is without a club, so maybe he's focussing on that.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 07:34:47 PM »
Wow I thought these fellas were young fellas.....this team old in age but immature .in football...Time to take a closer look at the youth coaches in Trinidad.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 08:17:40 PM »
I'm happy to see Yohance in the squad.

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 09:23:06 PM »
So Devon Jorsling the top goalscorer in the Pro League not good enough to make the roster. Hasn't he been one of the more prolific goalscorer in the Pro League for a number of years though?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 02:33:17 AM »
Jonathan Glenn hasn't played for T&T in 8 months, how can Hart just pick him though and without playing one single warm up game.

I don't have a problem with the omission of Jorsling and Shahdon though, they just not mobile players for this level.

Have anyone seen Keron Cummings play?

Glad to see Kadeem Corbin there, good job by Hart, hopefully he gets a game in.

Good luck to the guys.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 05:01:06 AM »
In all fairness to Johnathon, he only got ah cobo sweat in JA last year. And because of the paucity of friendliest, Hart has not been able to give a starting roll to se if he could be the perfect alternate to KJ. I honestly hope he get a position roll in at least one game. I have grave concerns about our mid field play though.mI have no idea how to solve that problem.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 05:48:48 AM »
__________________Phillip_____________________
Cyrus______Bateau______Marshall_______David
Peltier___Boucaud____James____Cato_____Joevin
__________________Jones____________________

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:58:25 AM by Sam »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 05:57:17 AM »
I'm happy to see Yohance in the squad.

Seconded!!

Possibly one of the reasons for Yohance's inclusion, above his quality as a Centre Back, is that he's played Defensive mid in the past and might offer an alternative rock in the middle - lord knows with our group we'll probably get good use out of an Anchor man/Defensive mid

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 05:58:42 AM »
We have no genuine right-back.

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 06:26:58 AM »
                                            Williams

Cato         Bateau       Marshall      Jones
                                    Cyrus         Hyland
                              Peltier      Guerra      Winchester
                                             Jones

He Is Highly

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 06:49:08 AM »
Damn good 23 man squad by Hart. Just missing Molino for the assist on goal and goal finish too.
Apparently Leston could not cut it and we heard that Marcus Joseph gave the impression of being an unreliable slacker, something like Keon. Sorry to see that happen.
Happy to see the defense fortified with interchangeables on the wingback and stopper positions. Happy to see Yohance back.

Guerra boy, we depending on you to deliver with Molino absent.
Joevin we will need to see you do your thing in midfield. Without giving away the ball too much
Rundell, blaze them
Mekiel Williams, yuh have to hold down  that right back with Cyrus.

Yuh know I felt a little forlorn after the Jordan massacre but as I watch the team now I believe that BraveHart did a good thing to expose those who cyah make and risked a loss then for a win when it counts more later.
There's hope people.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:03:42 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 09:26:35 AM »
 "I believe that BraveHart did a good thing to expose those who cyah make and risked a loss then for a win when it counts more later."
which is normal for friendlies, but that's not the case here at all
Jordan game team
Trinidad and Tobago: 21.Jan-Michael Williams; 2.Aubrey David, 4.Sheldon Bateau, 6.Daneil Cyrus, 3.Joevin Jones; 23.Lester Peltier (20.Keron Cummings 60th), 8.Khaleem Hyland (7.Sean De Silva 82nd), 14.Andre Boucaud (5.Leston Paul 71st), 13.Cordell Cato (16.Shahdon Winchester 78th); 11.Ataullah Guerra (10.Willis Plaza 46th - Yellow 48); 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt) (26.Devorn Jorsling 77th).

Doesn't make sense.. He indicated no passion, no drive, disappointment with commitment and National representation pride...but left off the 4 guys who came on when the game was already surrendered. in 77th,78th and 82nd. I would have thought he was referring to the guys who were selected, and played together for most of the game, and who had played together before. Yet, they all selected. I think SH might have made a lil faux pas with this selection. However, the deed done, we going with this.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 10:19:52 AM »
Good research Max, if they do fairly ok or so so despite the turmoil and dysfunction off the field, that would be a huge victory
Only prayers and latent pride could help this squad who would have to play with their hearts out and defense would have to come real real big. All the best ...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 10:45:30 AM »
Doesn't make sense.. He indicated no passion, no drive, disappointment with commitment and National representation pride...but left off the 4 guys who came on when the game was already surrendered. in 77th,78th and 82nd. I would have thought he was referring to the guys who were selected, and played together for most of the game, and who had played together before.
You thought wrong
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »
Doesn't make sense.. He indicated no passion, no drive, disappointment with commitment and National representation pride...but left off the 4 guys who came on when the game was already surrendered. in 77th,78th and 82nd. I would have thought he was referring to the guys who were selected, and played together for most of the game, and who had played together before.
You thought wrong

I was actually kind of surprised DeSilva was left off the team. I think he should on the team. He played well in the league this year. Unless there is something the coach knows that we don't.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 11:08:54 AM »
De silva has lovely skills nice guy but one fatal weakness: Lack of speed for THIS level of the game. Was like watching Figo in his last World Cup. There was evidence of this when he played with the under 17s, I think it was, in Mexico. Sorry Deeks. Kudos to BraveHart for what seems to be recognition of this. He will look good at the local level and possibly Caribbean level but dem Guats, Mexicanos and other central Americans are going to make him look bad and he will suffer along with team in midfield
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:17:18 AM by dreamer »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »
You thought wrong

I was actually kind of surprised DeSilva was left off the team. I think he should on the team. He played well in the league this year. Unless there is something the coach knows that we don't.
Yeah, that the league is not that good.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 11:40:55 AM »
I said it before and I will say it again. De Silva is not that good. I saw him tryout for the San Jose Earthquakes and he was a huge disappointment. Cato is a disappointment too, because when you getting paid to play a game you love you suppose to eat with the ball, sleep with the ball and run with that ball like you love it. Cato's game has not developed. What a waste.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 12:01:37 PM »
Unless there is something the coach knows that we don't.

You self Deeks.  That's the case with every coach.  They're the ones on site.  They not only see the players in action on a regular basis, but they also know how the players perform the roles they are assigned.   So by definition, they know the players infinitely better than most of us do.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 01:19:30 PM »
You thought wrong
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GH66ZuTYUTU#t=20" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GH66ZuTYUTU#t=20</a>
nope, i wasn't mistaken. etc etc.and 'Defensively an absolute mess' - yes etc etc, 1st.  Yet every starter selected. Unless the subs run out for 8 to 19 minutes indicate their lack of international fitness and poorer distribution than those ppl previously. Some person/people from that starting team should have been replaced. If on site he hasn't seen one player who can be a replacement, including the trialist. I going and ask Madame whey she hide MY boots and brace.  ;)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 02:13:45 PM »
nope, i wasn't mistaken. etc etc.and 'Defensively an absolute mess' - yes etc etc, 1st.  Yet every starter selected. Unless the subs run out for 8 to 19 minutes indicate their lack of international fitness and poorer distribution than those ppl previously. Some person/people from that starting team should have been replaced. If on site he hasn't seen one player who can be a replacement, including the trialist. I going and ask Madame whey she hide MY boots and brace.  ;)

You hear what resonated with you.  Watch the video again and this time, pay particular attention to the following:
From 28 seconds to 56 seconds of the clip.

Then put it on repeat and take it een again

And Madame love yuh.....daz why she does do she utmost to try and prevent yuh makin a ass of yuhself in public  ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 02:15:44 PM by palos »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »

You hear what resonated with you.  Watch the video again and this time, pay particular attention to the following:
From 28 seconds to 56 seconds of the clip.

Then put it on repeat and take it een again

And Madame love yuh.....daz why she does do she utmost to try and prevent yuh makin a ass of yuhself in public  ;D
"a number of players"...maybe those that played the last 15 minutes included- not said...makes me think now what the selection should be.."so I selecting THE SAME FELLAS irregardless"...i somehow not seem to be hearing that either..yuh would be surprised how valuable a ass is when yuh have a load ah crap to carry. doh knock it  :angel:
add: she knows that to   ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:26:57 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>