March 28, 2024, 05:23:13 AM

Author Topic: CPL: Tridents vs Red Steel: Kennsington, June 25, 2015  (Read 1868 times)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CPL: Tridents vs Red Steel: Kennsington, June 25, 2015
« on: June 25, 2015, 09:08:04 PM »
Red steel 95-9 (20 overs)
Tridents 98-2 (13.1 overs)

Sando Prince where yuh? You still believe in this sh!t side?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 12:46:46 PM by vb »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CPL: Tridents vs Red Steel: Kennsington, June 25, 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »

I believe they will get better as the championship continue.. Ah know once dey start winning people will jump on the bandwagon

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 02:02:02 PM »

I believe they will get better as the championship continue.. Ah know once dey start winning people will jump on the bandwagon

It's not about a bandwagon, it's about reality. On paper the batting line up is strong.
It's how you perferform in reality. There's never a guarantee. If you look at enough cricket in the short form, this is obvious.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »

It's not about a bandwagon, it's about reality. On paper the batting line up is strong.
It's how you perferform in reality. There's never a guarantee. If you look at enough cricket in the short form, this is obvious.

Dont understand your futile argument. The reality is they are not playing well at the moment. Like I just previously said I believe they will get better. AND once they start winning people will jump on the bandwagon.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 03:04:51 PM »

Dont understand your futile argument. The reality is they are not playing well at the moment. Like I just previously said I believe they will get better. AND once they start winning people will jump on the bandwagon.

You can't jump on a bandwagon if you weren't off it to begin with.

I am not criticising the team, rather your naive attitude that they can make runs because of the lineup. You make such an assumption vs the Zouks. Simply put, the best batting line up can capitulate. If you could grasp this, you would not have been so gung ho after just five balls vs Zouks. No cricitism of the team just a basic understanding of the short form.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 06:10:51 PM »

I am not criticising the team, rather your naive attitude that they can make runs because of the lineup. You make such an assumption vs the Zouks. Simply put, the best batting line up can capitulate. If you could grasp this, you would not have been so gung ho after just five balls vs Zouks. No cricitism of the team just a basic understanding of the short form.

The Zouks vs Red Steel was a DIFFERENT game. I still believe the Red Steel would have won that game. You using what happened in that game to measure the game against the Tridents renders your understanding as naive. 

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 09:23:22 PM »

The Zouks vs Red Steel was a DIFFERENT game. I still believe the Red Steel would have won that game. You using what happened in that game to measure the game against the Tridents renders your understanding as naive. 

Not about different games. rather a general reality. Sadly, it has gone over your head.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 04:25:37 AM »
Defending champs remain unbeaten in 2015 CPL campaign
T&T Express

Tridents melt Steel

The Barbados Tridents made it three wins in three as they brushed aside the Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel by eight wickets in the Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL) match at Kensington, Oval, Barbados, on Thursday night.

The Red Steel never recovered after losing four early wickets inside the first six overs as they stumbled to 95 for nine in the face of some superb bowling combined with some excellent fielding from a rampant Tridents side, who have already set the early pace in pursuit of automatic qualification for the Hero CPL final.

The undefeated Tridents began brilliantly as Jason Holder produced a fantastic spell of quick and aggressive bowling to leave the Red Steel in serious trouble inside their batting powerplay.

Holder dismissed Cameron Delport, Darren Bravo and Kamran Akmal and all three batsman struggled to cope with the extra bounce that Barbados all-rounder extracted on his home turf.

Ravi Rampaul also chipped in with a wicket inside the first six overs, dismissing South African legend Jacques Kallis, who mistimed a hook shot to lose his wicket for just one run.

Things only got worse for the Red Steel when William Perkins took off for a single only for Jason Mohammed not to respond to his call. He scampered back to the bowlers end but not quick enough to prevent him being run out by a yard. At the end of the Powerplay the Red Steel were 26 for five.

After a brief rain delay, Red Steel skipper Dwayne Bravo and Jason Mohammed put on 46 runs at a run a ball to help rebuild the innings however the stand was broken when Dwayne Bravo drilled the ball into the hands of Navin Stewart in the covers having made 30 off 28 balls.

Mohammed didn’t last much longer, dismissed in the very next over. He had made 20 off 27 balls when he hooked Kieron Pollard to the waiting hands of Dwayne Smith.

Johan Botha looked to get the side up over 100 while attempting to bat out the overs. He made it to 14 off 22 balls before he was run out.

The Tridents made an absolute mockery of the target as Smith and Dilshan Munaweera found the boundary with ease in an opening stand of 72 off just 56 balls.

The Red Steel’s lack of pace options was exposed early on as none of their seamers could find the bounce that had so troubled their top order in the first innings.

The Red Steel opened the bowling with Samuel Badree’s legspin and Munaweera was brutally dismissive as he drove them down the ground for two fours and a six in one over.

While Munaweera was playing lovely drives Smith was pulling and hooking anything that was dropped short. The Red Steel had a chance to end this opening stand but Kallis dropped Munaweera when the Sri Lankan was on 25. Even if that had been taken the Tridents were already halfway to their victory target with 14 overs to go.

Munaweera finished on 39 and Smith made 33 to demolish their opponents.

Although the Tridents lost both openers in successive deliveries to the bowling of Sulieman Benn they still progressed towards victory serenely as they made this chase look incredibly straightforward.

The Tridents face the St Kitts & Nevis Patriots in the final home game at Kensington Oval from 4 p.m. today while the Red Steel play their next game at Warner Part in St Kitts next Saturday against the Guyana Amazon Warriors.

SCOREBOARD

Tridents vs Red Steel

RED STEEL Inns

J Kallis c Holder b Rampaul   1

C Delport c Smith b Holder   0

W Perkins run out   13

+Kamran Akmal c Mendis b Holder   1

DM Bravo c Stewart b Holder   0

J Mohammed c Smith b Pollard   20

*DJ Bravo c Stewart b Mendis   30

J Botha run out   14

K Cooper c Pollard b Peterson   5

S Badree not out   8

S Benn not out   2

Extras (w1)   1

TOTAL (9 wkts, 20 overs)   95

Fall of wickets: 1-1 (Delport), 2-2 (Kallis), 3-3 (Kamran Akmal), 4-3 (DM Bravo), 5-20 (Perkins), 6-66 (DJ Bravo, 13.1), 7-70 (Mohammed), 8-80 (Cooper), 9-93 (Botha)

BOWLING: Holder 4-1-11-3 (w1), Rampaul 4-0-24-1, Peterson 4-0-20-1, Emrit 2-0-17-0, Pollard 4-0-16-1, Mendis 2-0-7-1.

TRIDENTS Inns

D Smith c Botha b Benn   33

D Munaweera c Mohammed b Benn   39

Shoaib Malik not out   10

+J Carter not out   15

Extras (w1)   1

TOTAL (2 wkts, 13.1 overs)   98

Did not bat: *K Pollard, J Holder, J Mendis, N Stewart, R Peterson, R Emrit, R Rampaul

Fall of wickets: 1-73 (Munaweera), 2-73 (Smith)

BOWLING: Badree 2-0-24-0, Cooper 2-0-12-0, Kallis 4-0-22-0, DJ Bravo 2-0-16-0 (w1), Benn 3.1-0-24-2.

Toss: T&T Red Steel.

Result: Barbados Tridents won by eight wickets.

Man-of-the-Match: Jason Holder.

Umpires: M Martell, P Nero; TV – N Duguid.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 07:40:48 AM »
I find dis ting moving along with what seems like little to no fanfare.......and it hard to get excited about this red steel team.............or interested if u is me
I pity the fool....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 08:23:31 AM »
I find dis ting moving along with what seems like little to no fanfare.......and it hard to get excited about this red steel team.............or interested if u is me

I was never into it to begin with. The taking away of TT players from the TT team diluted enthusiasm to a certain degree. I'll never forget in the initial tournament, Narine bowling the last over for Guyana vs TT and hoping for him to fail.

I'm sure Pollard and they prefer to play for Red Steel.

Basically they are using TT players to beat a TT team.

VB

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 10:46:16 AM »

I was never into it to begin with. The taking away of TT players from the TT team diluted enthusiasm to a certain degree. I'll never forget in the initial tournament, Narine bowling the last over for Guyana vs TT and hoping for him to fail.

I'm sure Pollard and they prefer to play for Red Steel.

Basically they are using TT players to beat a TT team.

VB

all that said I can agree with.....I doh even be interested in checkin scores or keepin updated
I pity the fool....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 07:48:10 PM »
Game highlights here.  41 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q1c3MbG3HI

1]; } ?>