March 28, 2024, 01:44:04 PM

Author Topic: Re: Zonal and Local Basketball News  (Read 45606 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Zonal and Local Basketball News
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2022, 07:20:28 PM »
as inaccessibility to it is creating a gaping hole in the development of basketball in the north zone and the Caribbean,” Mitchell said.

I don't know about the Caribbean. I do know it is a gaping hole in TT netball and basketball. I would really like to see how they will redesign this facility. I do hope the main court has removable playing surface for basketball and netball. But certainly welcoming news.

The Jean Pierre complex as a sporting venue had problems from the very beginning with it’s design. If memory serves me right I believe it was designed by Emile Elias. Where the gym is was an after taught of what to
do with that space after the outer courts were designed. Sports like table tennis and badminton could not use the gym because of the air coming in from the top. The eventually took care to some extent of that but from day 1 it was as a badly designed sporting facility.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2022, 07:47:29 AM »
STRAKER NETS OUTSCORE SPARTANS TO GO 3-1 FOR THE SEASON
by ian wason

Straker Nets continued their surge towards the Christmas break with a 98-59 win over Spartans in the BBL at the St Paul Street multi-purpose facility on Monday.

The Nets flew off to an early 32-13 first-quarter lead, after Naython Lewis scored 11 points in that period with 3 threes. Sadiki Guerra also hit 2 threes in the first quarter for 10 first-quarter points.

Spartans enjoyed better second and third quarters as they came into their stride, winning the second quarter 17-16 and winning the third quarter 22-21. But they still trailed 67-52 at the start of the final quarter.

The fourth quarter was all Straker Nets as they restricted Spartans to just 7 points, as the North Zone runners-up racked up 31 points in the final period, to win 98-59 to go 3-1 in the BBL.

The prolific Sadiki Guerra scored 26 points to lead all scorers, while Naython Lewis added 16 and Richard Guissepi contributed 15.

For Spartans (1-2), leader Shornelle Pompey scored 17 and Jahiem Furlonge added 16.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2023, 07:39:31 AM »
VALENCIA STILL UNBEATEN DESPITE MORVANT’S 4TH-QUARTER SURGE
by ian wason

Valencia Heat (2-0) go second in the Eastern Conference with a 69-58 win over Morvant Oilbirds (0-4) who remain winless in the Big Basketball League. 

In the only game at the Maloney Indoor Facility on Thursday, Valencia who are in a rebuilding phase jumped off to an early 19-7 lead to close the first quarter, restricting the Morvant team to their lowest first-quarter score in the tournament. 
https://wavetvtt.wordpress.com/2022/12/30/valencia-still-unbeaten-despite-morvants-third-quarter-surge/?fbclid=IwAR2Zr1ZAV4Cyk06hjAH5ua1lAlOwfMLhpfiwxJ_Gt7DHrRObYQUUI4huPEc/

1]; } ?>